• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I've been having some animation problems. Some bones aren't doing what they're supposed to and going off in random directions, particularly legs and feet. Also, is there a way to remove the wind effect from certain bones? It's really messing with this character I'm making.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Even more awesome stages from Mewtwo_2000. Though, I'm really looking forward to your Fourside though. How is that coming along.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Now I know why Sasuke's never coming back to Konoha. He has seen true terror...

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Don't know how to do that and it won't work ingame.
The picture shows that the models from GNT EX3 are very small compared to Brawl models.
Which explains why Olimars Wait1 looks so horrible on Naruto.
in brawlbox for the bones there's a scale in the bottom right? just change the legs arms and stuff to make it look good
if u dont want to send me the file with all the renamed bones and ill do it

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Someone ask for a program? :laugh:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fma0idqy00m

I can't get this **** thing to turn into an exe no matter what I do, so I'm afraid you'll need to jump through some hoops to run it.

You'll need Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/eclipse-SDK-3.5.1-win32.zip) to run it. When you run Eclipse, you'll be asked to make a Workspace directory. Extract the file to the directory, open Eclipse and find the .java file. Open it in Eclipse, click run>run as>java applet (or just click the green arrow at the top)

Change in.txt to be your series of decimal numbers, with a line break after each one. Running the program should convert all of them to Hex in out.txt in the order you had them.
Just wondering if you saw this, RandomTBush

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Just wondering if you saw this, RandomTBush
Yeah, I did. I haven't tried it yet, though.

Anyway, I still don't know what I'm doing wrong, so I'm taking a break to see if I can get some of the other MDL0s working, starting off with Bowser Jr.. I strongly believe it has something to do with the bone structure, because when I disabled them, I was able to see the MDL0's structure in BrawlBox.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Preview of what I'm working on:

Reason why eyes are on the windows: well, I couldn't do it any other way without it looking horrible.
Reason why eyes are not curved evily/angrily: the texture isn't flipped. To make up for it, I added fire in the eyes.
Reason why I left the windows in at all: see above. Besides, the castle actually does have windows in the games.
What the hell is that sprite: Kaboola, from Kirby's Dreamland. I made it just for this stage. the reason you can't see it in the BrawlBox screen shot is because the castle ate it.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
in brawlbox for the bones there's a scale in the bottom right? just change the legs arms and stuff to make it look good
if u dont want to send me the file with all the renamed bones and ill do it
yeah so i tried what i thought would work and it didnt work
ill work on it 2morrow though because i have a party i have to got to

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Preview of what I'm working on:

Reason why eyes are on the windows: well, I couldn't do it any other way without it looking horrible.
Reason why eyes are not curved evily/angrily: the texture isn't flipped. To make up for it, I added fire in the eyes.
Reason why I left the windows in at all: see above. Besides, the castle actually does have windows in the games.
What the hell is that sprite: Kaboola, from Kirby's Dreamland. I made it just for this stage. the reason you can't see it in the BrawlBox screen shot is because the castle ate it.
Too beautiful... should have sent a poet...

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Thanks! Though personally, I think it's not that amazing of a texture.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the uber-stretched background. Well, you see, I was being lazy and pulled the background directly from a Kirby Super Star sprite sheet. Because it wasn't the same size as the stage builder background, it got stretched.

*patiently waits for someone to realize that it's a resized Mushroomy kingdom castle with a minor texture edit*

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Well, I tried out that hex converter, and it's close to what I want. Yes, it saves me the work of having to convert all those values, but I kinda need those extra 0's at the beginning to be able to import it easily. =/

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Introducing...

Venom v1.0

Based off of Space Background Corneria by Hotdogturtle

Features:
-Top wings are pass-through platforms
-Bottom wings have grabbable edges, and can be jumped through from the bottom, but are not pass-through
-Arwings and Wolfen work just fine.
-The Great Fox still fires. I think it looks awesome, so I'm keeping it.

Known bugs/issues:
-One player spawns hanging from an edge. No idea how to edit spawns.
-The ship still has a splash as if it was in water.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0b1T7x6laI
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?dxqfnjjzykt
Nice job, but wasn't Venom facing the other way in Melee?

To edit spawn points, you need to open up the StgPosition model (usually in ModelData[100]) in the previewer and change the Translation of the bone you want to change.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Nope, it's facing properly. RTB, your idea sounds very awesome now. Do want.

And no more comments on my stage preview? :p

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Like the sound of that.
And have you made progress that can blow our heads off?
Y... yes, I have.

Now, I didn't want to show anyone this yet (because I wanted Jigglypuff to wear it), but you know how I said I replaced King K. Rool's head with the model I ported? Here it is.

It's mirrored and the normals are upside-down, but it works nonetheless.

AND. To prove to you guys that it's not an edited image (like that Spy that BSZ posted was), here's the BRRES. Move the camera up -- I put it way above K. Rool's head.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4twmkngzunt

Alphatron

Smash Champion
This is amazing. I'm gonna shut up about crown Jigglypuff right this minute.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Y... yes, I have.

Now, I didn't want to show anyone this yet (because I wanted Jigglypuff to wear it), but you know how I said I replaced King K. Rool's head with the model I ported? Here it is.

It's mirrored and the normals are upside-down, but it works nonetheless.

AND. To prove to you guys that it's not an edited image (like that Spy that BSZ posted was), here's the BRRES. Move the camera up -- I put it way above K. Rool's head.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4twmkngzunt
n00b question what is it exactly

superyoshi888

Smash Lord

Okay I was just bored. The first one shows what it looks like with Kaboola floating around and the second one I was just fooling around with the camera.

If you notice, the Dedede sign I used was taken from Kirby's Adventure scaled up and with some color changes. I was going to use either Melee's or Super Star's initially, but I felt it would look better with this one.

ds22

Smash Lord
So I tried RandomTBush's method of re-arranging the mdl0 header with 3 models of Naruto Ryuujinki and although it placed the Polygons in the right folder, it still wouldn't preview right.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zzmzy4yxmm2
Someone knows how to do it with these particular type of models?
(Those 3 models I uploaded are the original, unmodified ones)

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Don't know how to do that and it won't work ingame.
The picture shows that the models from GNT EX3 are very small compared to Brawl models.
Which explains why Olimars Wait1 looks so horrible on Naruto.
It's the same issue as TvC? Are Brawl's models really that unusual in size, or is there a potential issue with the method being used to convert them?

Top Bottom