• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
First of all, I would want something that can convert a list of decimal numbers (not one -- a whole list) into 2-byte hex so that I don't have to waste hours upon hours converting each value by hand. Think you can do that?

(Although I'll want to learn how to do that myself, so I could potentially make more programs in the future.)
Someone ask for a program? :laugh:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fma0idqy00m

I can't get this **** thing to turn into an exe no matter what I do, so I'm afraid you'll need to jump through some hoops to run it.

You'll need Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.5.1-200909170800/eclipse-SDK-3.5.1-win32.zip) to run it. When you run Eclipse, you'll be asked to make a Workspace directory. Extract the file to the directory, open Eclipse and find the .java file. Open it in Eclipse, click run>run as>java applet (or just click the green arrow at the top)

Change in.txt to be your series of decimal numbers, with a line break after each one. Running the program should convert all of them to Hex in out.txt in the order you had them.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Holy... So much crazy stuff happening... Great job everyone!

Thanks for that naruto pack... sorry you had to waste your life for us though o_o... Hopefully we'll be able to make good use of these soon.

Also, (a bit off topic, but...) What!? A ninja ferret with an eye-patch and a scythe.

We really need to get these working XD.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

Thanks for that naruto pack... sorry you had to waste your life for us though o_o... Hopefully we'll be able to make good use of these soon.

Also, (a bit off topic, but...) What!? A ninja ferret with an eye-patch and a scythe.

Lolwat, what game is that from o-o?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Introducing...

Venom v1.0

Based off of Space Background Corneria by Hotdogturtle

Features:
-Top wings are pass-through platforms
-Bottom wings have grabbable edges, and can be jumped through from the bottom, but are not pass-through
-Arwings and Wolfen work just fine.
-The Great Fox still fires. I think it looks awesome, so I'm keeping it.

Known bugs/issues:
-One player spawns hanging from an edge. No idea how to edit spawns.
-The ship still has a splash as if it was in water.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0b1T7x6laI
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?dxqfnjjzykt

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
This is amazing! downloading now.

Edit: Minor bug:

I was jumping up and down on top of one of the little ships and it stopped moving a dissapeared.

But still incredibly awesome.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Ok, here's my first try.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmniy3zhi2y

Test this in the game, because I've never worked on a stage with slanted floors before so I'm not sure if I put the spawn points at the right height above the ground. They should be fine though. I also edited the item spawns and the respawn points. I lowered the bottom camera a tiny bit because it seemed to be right below the edges of the lower wings.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Ok, here's my first try.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmniy3zhi2y

Test this in the game, because I've never worked on a stage with slanted floors before so I'm not sure if I put the spawn points at the right height above the ground. They should be fine though. I also edited the item spawns and the respawn points. I lowered the bottom camera a tiny bit because it seemed to be right below the edges of the lower wings.
flawless. 4 ppl spawned, 1 per wing.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman

i think the scythe is 1 polygon and that if we can get the drill on jiggly puff
that scythe will be helpful in alot of PSA's

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Introducing...

Venom v1.0

The wierd thing is. I was literally just making this in B Box.:embarrass I know how to edit spawn points good sir. Thats really cool btw.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Amyone! Please get Megaman! We NEED MEGAMAN AS CAPTAI FALCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll even Hex it for you! I just want Megaman.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Good news: Battlefield Fortress is almost done, just need to fix spawn points, etc.
Bad news: No uploading site lets me upload files, so I'm unable to release anything. :/

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
SS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN/

Also, Tiberious, do you have any news if there's a code that will replace that silly little zelda image with the one you are making and still keep the REAL zelda's image?
I'm not sure, to be honest. I haven't heard anything, but I'd want to be prepared in case it does happen.

Of course, knowing how this place's hacking the game, I know it will sooner or later.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
These are my 3 great fox stages:

Venom (xD)

I was planning to make my own version, and so the shown here is in the universe and replaces corneria, mine is in Venom and replaces wifiwaitingroom, so no arwings and no shots, but no bugs

Credits to digiholic and hotdogturtle for the original version, from which I have taken collision data and spawn points

Sector Z 64

These are the background in smash bros 64's sectorz and the original Z from the stage selection in Starfox 64. The great fox is bigger than in corneria (trying to be the same as smash 64), the stage replaces wifi waiting room too (because of the same as Venom)

New Great Fox

Not much to say, I have grabbed this one from the toy collection, resized it, and made playable

I'm to see which background I give, this could be an alternative version of sector Z, so I could use the original Z again on the universe from lylat cruise, I'll see that later

Razanak7

Smash Ace
New Great Fox

Not much to say, I have grabbed this one from the toy collection, resized it, and made playable

I'm to see which background I give, this could be an alternative version of sector Z, so I could use the original Z again on the universe from lylat cruise, I'll see that later
Now THAT is a stage. I don't see why the developers insisted on using the retro N64 Great Fox in the first place. :confused:

As for a background, I think it should be Corneria's with improved textures, no buildings or Arwings; kind of based of the second level of Star Fox Assault.

Revven

FrankerZ
I actually don't think it should be in Corneria. To me, it should take place in the giant airship battle part of Lylat Cruise.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I'm done making a random comic edit from Brawl in the Family, so I spose I'll get back to work....

And I was going to do that Great Fox. XD Oh well...plenty of other trophies to convert to stages. ;)

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Okay, correction, turns out RapidShare works (had thought I tried it but apparently haven't until now) MegaUpload, MediaFire and even ESnips don't work.

Anyway, in that case, once I fix the character spawn points and the default camera position, I'll release the stage and someone can host it on a better sharing website.

On another note, the Animal Crossing stage I was hoping to make won't work unless the stage model's bone can be move closer to the actual stage. As it is now, the characters and collisions will always appear under the stage model :/

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Could someone make a modeldata[1] brres pack that can have 5 models in it? I cannot get the animation method to work.

Thanks in advance. Whoever does it gets a cookie and hopefully an awesome stage.

Also, how do I make a moving stage part? I was going to make a part that would occasionally fly in off screen.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Could someone make a modeldata[1] brres pack that can have 5 models in it? I cannot get the animation method to work.

Thanks in advance. Whoever does it gets a cookie and hopefully an awesome stage.

Also, how do I make a moving stage part? I was going to make a part that would occasionally fly in off screen.
that would be wonderful :3
I cant get it to work either :urg:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009

Take this, my 12 model pre-made brres

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1motjnwtwmg

I use this some times so I just don't need to make new models

And the moving parts, you just have to edit a new character animation, if you want those parts to have collision data, then you must create a new object in the miscdata[2] with the name of the model and the name of the bone you move, so the collision moves too

Mr.Chuy

Chuy

1.just a regular .brres file with only 5 models?
Just import a platform like from battlefield and animate it to move and fly off stage

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
The colission works by name, the same name of bone/object, the same animation goes for the colission data

Open one of the colissions of corneria, or bigblue, and you'll understand how it works

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Megaman trigger joins brawl no all we need is zero and we could have some epic brawlz

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I got fed up with trying to figure out how to adjust the spawn points, someone else can have a go at fixing it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/339898459/STGBattlefieldFortress.pac

Features:
- This stage is huge
- There's a wall on the right that you can be bounced off of, but there's also a hole on the bottom of the wall that you can be hit into and KO'd
- The left side of the stage is a huge drop, with a grab-able and wall-jump-able ledge.
- There's a small wall that can stop you from sliding off of the left edge of the stage.

Known issues:
- Spawning points, characters appear above the ground and drop down onto the stage.
- And as such, Pokemon T-Stance and the Trainer is levitating

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
The colission works by name, the same name of bone/object, the same animation goes for the colission data

Open one of the colissions of corneria, or bigblue, and you'll understand how it works
I still don't really understand it.

Oh well....I can always settle for it being an object in the background if I can't get it right.

EDIT: Anyways, I'm almost done with the collision. I guess we don't have to connect the collision lines in order for it to work properly?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can be so thickheaded sometimes. But that still doesn't help my problem....if I change the collision to fit one model, wouldn't it move ALL of the collision?

EDIT: may I direct you attention to the tutorial/help form? I'll be posting my issue in the Brawl Box thread there.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
GrrrrrrfgfhdgfskgagaAGHFKSJFKGJASDKAGHAJKGJFJH

I manually re-built Jigglypuff's MDL0 with the new, larger polygon group (the hat I ported). I had to re-link EVERY SINGLE NODE AND TEXT STRING to get it working. And wouldn't you know it, IT STILL DOESN'T WANT TO LOAD THE LARGER POLYGON GROUP. But now, I can't even put the old polygon data in. However, it actually loads in-game, unlike my older attempt... although it breaks the rest of the graphics (only a part of the hat and Jigglypuff's main body can be seen -- no eyes, no ears, no other players).

I am this close to determining what I'm doing wrong. I just know it.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
GrrrrrrfgfhdgfskgagaAGHFKSJFKGJASDKAGHAJKGJFJH

I manually re-built Jigglypuff's MDL0 with the new, larger polygon group (the hat I ported). I had to re-link EVERY SINGLE NODE AND TEXT STRING to get it working. And wouldn't you know it, IT STILL DOESN'T WANT TO LOAD THE LARGER POLYGON GROUP. But now, I can't even put the old polygon data in. However, it actually loads in-game, unlike my older attempt... although it breaks the rest of the graphics (only a part of the hat and Jigglypuff's main body can be seen -- no eyes, no ears, no other players).

I am this close to determining what I'm doing wrong. I just know it.
I just want to tell you good luck. We're all counting on you. /quote

Also, if you want some help or insight, you could possibly send a message to Kryal about this stuff. I know he's very busy, but he knows his way around this stuff like nobody's business. I wouldn't be surprised if, after it gets figured out, he went ahead and implemented it into BrawlBox.

Top Bottom