• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl was made the way it was meant to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I made this thread because I'm tired of having comment wars with people on YouTube.

This is in regards to the Lee Harris Hacked Brawl Combo Video video.

Many people are posting comments saying things such as "This is how the game was meant to be." No matter how you look at it, that is 100% incorrect. The game was made the way the Sakurai wanted it to me made, the way it was MEANT to be made.

Sure putting in wavedashing, hitstun, and lcancelling does make the game faster and more fluid, not to mention more fun overall, but saying that that is how the game was MEANT to be is wrong. It's just like casuals saying Melee was MEANT to be played with items and without wavedashing and such.

I would LOVE to play a hacked Brawl with Melee techniques, but it is in no way, shape, or form how the game was MEANT to be.

A lot of people in the comments are replying to my comments (stuff like "Go play Melee" and such) saying stuff like "This way it's more fun, and Brawl is boring. We want something new." Sure saying "go play melee" is pretty ignorant, but Brawl IS a NEW game, and if you want something new, go play a different fighter.

Trying to make the game more like Melee and then saying it's completely different doesn't work. Sure it has new characters, stages, music, and graphics, but if you hate Brawl THAT much to the point where you think that Brawl+ is the way the game was MEANT to be, I suggest you pick up a different fighter and/or go back to Melee.

I myself LOVE Melee, AND Brawl, and I would love to play with those hacks, but saying that Brawl should have been that way or that it was MEANT to be that way is wrong and ignorant.

If you're one of those people you should try different fighters such as Soul Calibur 4, Battle Fantasia, Guilty Gear, etc.
I have nothing against you, or Brawl+, or Melee, remember that when replying.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
To each his own. I agree that it is stupid to toss around the "way it was meant to be played" line everywhere, but aside from that, all opinions are valid.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I agree, Melee and Brawl are both fun, however the only hacks i would be putting on my wii is longer replays or no tripping

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
To each his own. I agree that it is stupid to toss around the "way it was meant to be played" line everywhere, but aside from that, all opinions are valid.
There are no words which are more true than these.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it isn't an ignorant statemtent - ignorance implies nothing about ability it implies a lack of knowledge and lol @ that

it isn't an ignorant statement - i'm plenty "well informed"

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
lol @ ANYONE saying i'm ignorant in smash

lolololol
lololoolollo look at me! I'm a Mod! +1 +1 +1 +1

You called gimpy ignorant... And your a smash director?
What's so bad about being a smash director?

What's so good about being a mod?

Can we keep the discussion about the topic?

what that guy said xD

what they should have done with brawl is kept everything the same as melee (levels/fighting) the lot, and just ADDED more to it...oh and got rid of the sucky sub-space =_=
This is pretty much saying you think Brawl would have been better if it was made pretty much identical to Melee with a few tweeks.

This is your opinion, and I agree with it. The only thing I have against people is when they say that that is how the game was MEANT to be when they're commented about Melee techniques being hacked into it.

The game WOULD be better that way, but it's not not the game was MEANT to be, get it? =S

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it doesn't have anything to do with being a mod

speaking of being a mod this topic is completely unnecessary common knowledge and is 100% whining

i want to close it - i'll be back from lunch and if anything productive happens (which it won't) i WONT close the thread - but it'll probably be gone

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
ҳ̸Ҳ̸ҳ ΛŁΣҲΛŃĐΣŔ ҳ̸Ҳ̸ҳ When My Status Says Away, IM ****ING AWAY, STOP WHORING ME WITH MESSAGES says:
lol dude
ҳ̸Ҳ̸ҳ ΛŁΣҲΛŃĐΣŔ ҳ̸Ҳ̸ҳ When My Status Says Away, IM ****ING AWAY, STOP WHORING ME WITH MESSAGES says:
this is smashbaords
breeding home of the tourneyf@gs and meleewhores
gimpy just hates brawl cause he sucks @$$ at it (unless he uses MK *rolls eyes*)
lol

The only reason why no productive discussion is occuring in this thread is because it's in the Brawl boards, and everyone knows that intelligent discussion is hard to find in here.

How about this, like I've said before:
Brawl IS more fun when playing with hacks, but saying it was how the game was MEANT to be made is incorrect because the creators MADE it the way it was MEANT to be made.

I am in no way saying that playing with hacks is wrong and no one should do it, I'm just trying to get my point across which is that people who say "lolloolol omg hax r so kl. t3h gaim wuz mant to be maed this wai" are 100% incorrect. There is no way you could say that they are without being an illiterate idiot.

You can go ahead and close this thread, it's not really a debate. I just wanted to see who agreed with me, and get a little venting going on but obviously this isn't happening because "T3h GAEM wuz MENT 2 b PLAID Li3k ME3Ly KUNs1dUR1ng WEEr 4ll 5000000000 gud @ it HEER 0n SWffz".

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Why don't we just play Melee? It's better than "Brawl+" anyway.
Because Melee don't have Lip's Theme (Panel De Pon), it doens't have a lot of my favorite chracters playable, the character graphics hurt my eyes for looking at them, Kirby sucks in that game, and last thing I'll say because I have plenty more, when a chracter dies, in Melee it sounds like they hit the water or ocean, in Brawl it sounds like a nuke or a bomb just hit the ground which shounds more epic.

Oh and Brawl+ is BAD, the end.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I can't believe I actually read the first post in a thread titled "Brawl was made the way it was meant to be made."

Brawl was meant to be played one way, as intended by sakurai. We're ignoring what sakurai said and are fixing it to be the way we think it SHOULD have been. Anyone saying that brawl+ is how brawl was meant to be is only partially wrong. Replacing the word "meant" with "should" conveys almost exactly the same meaning, yet is far more accurate.

As a closing note... lol@this thread

kupo15

Smash Hero
How about this, like I've said before:
Brawl IS more fun when playing with hacks, but saying it was how the game was MEANT to be made is incorrect because the creators MADE it the way it was MEANT to be made.
I agree and disagree with you. I agree by saying that brawl should not have melee air dodge or gravity changes or should be melee 2.0. But I disagree that brawl should not have no tripping, l canceling, and hitstun. Brawl should be brawl with the essential game mechanics he presented in 64 (+ brawl air dodge)

Sure, Sakurai's intentions were not ment for this game to be competitive, thus he is a complete moron. A good game developer would not force everyone to play it his way or to one audience, but cater to all like he did with 64 and melee.

The casuals can play it the way he intended and the competitives can play the way they want to play it.

But regardless, this is a fighting game and has proven to be a great competitive fighting game. Hitstun, no tripping, and l canceling were suppose to be in this game because they were present from the very first of the series. He didnt make brawl this different because he felt it would improve the series, He took them away to eliminate us (this includes you)

I dont see what is wrong with making a game geared towards the highest players since the audience brawl has been made for sees no changes or differences in this game. Heck, I even put on the hacks without some noobs at my school knowing and they have no clue that anything has changed.

If you truly think we should be playing it his way, then as a tourney director, you should be playing with items and all stages on....or better yet, you shouldnt even run tourneys....

Mattmiston

Smash Apprentice
Mods aren't supposed to troll. But hey, no one is going to punish Gimpyfish because:
1. He's a mod. Mod=God=Always right
2. He's Gimpyfish. Gimpyfish=Pro=Always right

Bleh...
is this the thread where we suck his ****, or is that the rest of the smash boards?

p.s everyone has things they like and dislike about brawl/melee and treating your opinion as how it should/meant to be played is ignorant

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
The only reason why no productive discussion is occuring in this thread is because it's in the Brawl boards, and everyone knows that intelligent discussion is hard to find in here.
You aren't helping the situation you know. You've called Gimpy ignorant about Brawl, and then turned around and complained about him being a mod. Do you know why Gimpy's post was so silly? It is because your mentality is really lame. Why can't you just let people who enjoy Brawl+ play Brawl+? Why do you have to intervene with your opinion, one that clearly isn't well thought of and is pretty much the same opinion that holds back competitive play?

It's alright if you feel that you should play it the way it was meant to be played. It's not alright to jack on anyone who has a different opinion from your own.

Mods aren't supposed to troll. But hey, no one is going to punish Gimpyfish because:
This thread is a joke.

Oracle

Smash Master
Brawl is how BRAWL was meant to be played

Brawl+ is how SMASH was meant to be played.

Also you're awesome gimpyfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom