• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tournament at GameStreet Video Games in Rockwood Mall

ryebread

Smash Rookie

GameStreet Presents
4141 Dixie Road (Rockwood Mall),Mississauga. Tel: (905) 624-7992
http://www.gamestreet.ca

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL
TOURNAMENT

Looking to start your summer off with a bang? How about a BRAWL?!

If so, then come down to GameStreet Video Games to sign up for what will be a tournament like no other! The game of choice for this tournament will be Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

PRIZES

1st Place: $300 Gift Card (or $200 CASH) + T-Shirt, and more
2nd Place: $50 Gift Card + T-Shirt
3rd Place: $25 Gift Card + T-Shirt

All participants will receive an exclusive coupon + a gift.

BONUS!
Sign up early to be entered in our raffle. Winner will receive a $40.00 gift card and an exclusive gift. Raffle winner will be announced on 2pm Sunday July 24, 2011.

Information:

Date: Sunday July 24, 2011
Location: GameStreet Video Games located at 4141 Dixie Road (Inside Rockwood Mall), Mississauga, Ontario.
Time: 11:30am - 5pm (Check-in starts at 11am and closes at noon)
Cost: $5 entry fee

HOW TO REGISTER
Individuals must sign up in person at our location in Rockwood Mall (Signing up in advance gives you an exclusive coupon plus the chance to win a $40.00 gift card.

Having such amazing prizes on the line, rules will be needed to keep things fair for everyone to have a fun experience. The rules are as follows.​

GENERAL Rules
Edit*: We will be adopting the Unity Rules Set for this tournament.​
  • 3 Stock matches, 5 stock final and semi final rounds
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items set to "Off" and "None"
  • All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
  • Meta Knight's Infinite Cape Glitch and Extended Cape Glitch are banned.
  • There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
  • In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
  • If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for Meta Knight, and 18 for all other characters.
Conduct Rules

• BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  • Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.
  • Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  • Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  • No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
  • Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
  • DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
  • The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  • Regarding textures and other game hacks:
  • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
  • The BBR-RC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
  • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
  • Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
    •These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

•The Tournament Organizer and his assistents, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
July 30th, Possible 23rd, Now this, Smashfests.. GTA just took a **** you America, We're better, now you need to step it up.

**** yeah! Canada!

Oh my, Wii Mote support, they must love me ♥

ryebread

Smash Rookie
Hey Darkshadow96, we reserved a spot for HolyNightmare and we still have spots left so we can do the same for you. I would just need you to PM me your first and last name, your email, and phone number (doesnt matter if its a Canadian number or not). Once you PM me your information, I can reserve the spot for you and you can pay the $5 fee on the day of the tournament.

ryebread

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, there has been a slight change in the rules. Everything is posted above!

sauc3

Smash Lord
anyone goin from toronto and has an extra seat? i just need a ride one way, and can bus anywhere, i dont know where im stayin yet in tdot but if anyone wants to house me sat and is going to the tourney i'd be very happy :)

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Just got here with jenova,theres only 3 setups so i hope things go well

Briefly chatted with the manager,he might be interested in working with us for future tourneys. Sounds promising :0

:phone:

Top Bottom