• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i think if a tier list is released right after one of the first tourneys, it will most likely be nowhere near accurate as far as who you can win with in future tournaments, since it will be so soon, they wont have everything discovered for every character, and most likely all styles of play wont be tested yet, so there will be lots of things that will make the first tier list look ridiculously wrong after a year or so.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I probably wouldn't pay much interest to tiers, I normally use my favorite character of the ones nobody uses, which are normally at the bottom. I like to be unique.

El HP

Smash Ace
Why does everyone think Wario is going to suck? I mean Ganon and DK are slow and they are very good characters and Wario seems to be like them not like Bowser.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
I have made a hypothetical tier list on another ssbb forum, http://z8.invisionfree.com/Smash_Brawl/index.php?showtopic=111&st=0.
Together with other users, I made the tier list considering the tier lists in ssb and ssbm and other things. However, it will never be accurate, because we don't know enough of Brawl yet, but it's fun to talk about these things and see which things will be right and which things will be false. I think I'll make a topic like that in this forum too.

Zodiac

Smash Master
There are some games where certain characters are banned,anyway, the only character that is even eligable for that is fox,an the only reason he's not is because theres a characters to counter him. anyway, I doubt they'll continue with making just a few characters really really cheap.

hit0

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai has said absolutely nothing about wanting more female characters. Quit spreading false information.
owned...

Anyway, top tiers ussually share the same general characteristics: Fast, Spammable moves, good recovery, etc. When the game comes out we'll all have an idea of who is a possible top tier.

doggybiscuit13

Smash Rookie
The first tier lists will probably mostly be based on the new characters as they will probably make up about 70% of everyone playing the first couple months.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I hope Pit is top tier so more people will come up with awesome strategies to use with him. Plus, I'm used to using Marth (disjointed hit boxes for the win!) and he looks like a flying Marth with projectiles as well.

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
I hope Kirby gets his boost. Doesn't have to be top tier. Just mid tier and I'll be happy. :)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I hope Snake is somewhere in the middle so he can be awesome but not over-used.

Pit looks like Top material for me...

I wonder what will happen to Fox in this one... considering he's top now...

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
*Looks at Kirby/Pikachu transition from SSB->SSBM* >.> <.<

Hopefully, that doesn't happen.. But I think it might.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Alright heres my tier list

Top tier
Link(His ftilt is faster now...)
Zamus

High tier
Sheik
Samus
Pit
snake
Captain Falcon

Mid tier
Ness
Mario
Kirby
MetaKnight
Luigi
Dk
Zelda

Low tier
Peach
Falco
Marth
roy
Ice climbers
jigglypuff

bottom tier
Bowser
Mewto
Fox

There you have it,

.................................. k

Keige

Smash Journeyman
Because making one attack faster moves him from middle tier to God tier...

hit0

Smash Journeyman
I want LINK TO ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE AT COMPETITIVE PLAY!!!

Jump20X6

Smash Apprentice
Seriously. They need to hurry up with that thing so we all know who to play as. I'm gonna be freakin' lost when I get to the character selection screen for the first time...
Yikes. Just play the game and find a character you like the feel of. You'll have online play, so you'll have the opportunity to play other people and avoid "the basement complex." Tiers aren't the be-all end-all of the world of Smash. What are you going to do, not get the game until a tier list is out? It'll take a number of tournaments before the metagame can be properly analyzed to make a tier list. You'd have a long time to wait. Even then, the metagame will change a lot over the years, things will fluctuate. Just find a character you like and learn the game. You'll have more fun that way.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yikes. Just play the game and find a character you like the feel of. You'll have online play, so you'll have the opportunity to play other people and avoid "the basement complex." Tiers aren't the be-all end-all of the world of Smash. What are you going to do, not get the game until a tier list is out? It'll take a number of tournaments before the metagame can be properly analyzed to make a tier list. You'd have a long time to wait. Even then, the metagame will change a lot over the years, things will fluctuate. Just find a character you like and learn the game. You'll have more fun that way.
Quoted for precision, accuracy, and awesomeness.

I completely agree with him. After all, he has such a sexy avatar. How could I not? Besides, I'm sure you won't be confused with the new character select screen. You'll be too busy wishing you had another pair of pants. Honestly, go for the first character that calls out to you and play. Don't worry about it. Just enjoy the game for what it is! When you are a noob at something, well, those are some of the most fun times you have. Honestly, there are a few games I find myself saying, "Man, I wish I sucked at this game," just because when I was clueless I got so much more enjoyment out of the game. For example, all the advance Falcos. It's all the same stuff. Shine this and laser that. Everyone plays by a guideline, whether they admit it or realize it or not. So have fun while their isn't a guideline, even make one of your own. Enjoy Brawl for being Brawl and worry about competition, facts, and technicalities later.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
im thinking this is gonna be links chnace to shine. just speed him up and give him some finese and hell be high tier no prob :p *i can dream*

and please speed kirby up and make him the menace he was on the 64!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I was actually being sarcastic and trying to parody people who believe in tier lists so much. I think tier lists are rather damaging to game communities. :/

E-Sarcasm. =D

Aww,Devastlian beat me to it.....

Wait....

Svenshinhan

Smash Cadet
I just hope that out of the ~5 characters I'd like to play as (Pit, Meta Knight, Yoshi, Fox/Falco*, Marth*/Roy*) at least one or two will be in the higher tiers. I don't want to play a certain character just because he/she is a top tier, I'd rather have my favorites happen to be at least above average :p

* If they should make it in the game (I'll pick Falco over Fox and Roy over Marth)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'd rather the character I want to play as most be medium tier, and by medium teir I don't mean strictly medium tier, just not high or upper tier. I'm tired of people saying, "You play Fox and Falco just because they are top tier." Good sir, I play them because Star Fox happens to be my favorite franchise EVER! Of course, no one believes me when I say that. That's why I'm hopping Fox is only middle tier.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
I really don't care what the tier lists are; as long as the characters are new and interesting. Hell, in SSBM I rocked Kirby as my main. I <3'ed the IC's before Chu Dat showed that they could be epic. In fact, I played pretty much any character who interested me at the time; high tier, low tier, or no tier.

tl;dr version: As long as the characters are fun to develop strategies for, tiers aren't going to matter.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I was just thinking...Is it truly possible to have no tiers? Or, at least the equivalent of no tiers (as in, they're all pretty close)?

Is it an inevitability that they won't be balanced or that certain tactics will surface, which will give a character an advantage? Or, can they really balance them well enough to where the differences between tiers (if any) are hardly noticeable?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I'd rather the character I want to play as most be medium tier, and by medium teir I don't mean strictly medium tier, just not high or upper tier. I'm tired of people saying, "You play Fox and Falco just because they are top tier." Good sir, I play them because Star Fox happens to be my favorite franchise EVER! Of course, no one believes me when I say that. That's why I'm hopping Fox is only middle tier.
Translation: I hope they tone down fox enough that only people that are hardcore fanboys would stick to him, cause I'm a hardcore fox and falco fanboy.

Sorry, it was just tooo easy to poke fun at that statement; although, that could be said about a lot of the posts in this thread.

@Snake sentiment: In terms of what people were saying about having him not be top or whatever (even though it's kinda a silly thing when you think about it) it would be cool if he was a character like CF. By that I don't mean he plays anything like CF, but that he has a lot of options and is a very viable character while not having anything bordering on broken or just downright crazy.

I hope CF gets to use his lil gun in Brawl. OMFGS!!!

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Translation: I hope they tone down fox enough that only people that are hardcore fanboys would stick to him, cause I'm a hardcore fox and falco fanboy.
Actually it's more like: I hope they tone down fox enough that only people that are hardcore fanboys would stick to him, but he still needs to be somewhat decent, cause even though I'm a fox fanboy, I'm not hardcore enough to play a low tier character.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Can't we enjoy the game before the teir war begins. Besides, anyone can do fine with any characters. You can find many videos of fighters using a wide veriety of characters and win.

Keige

Smash Journeyman
OR, less pros are playing it because they don't want to suck and stayed with Melee.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Seriously. They need to hurry up with that thing so we all know who to play as. I'm gonna be freakin' lost when I get to the character selection screen for the first time...
You're ********. Tier list isnt and will never be an indicator on who to play as. Imo we'd be better off without tiers, that way ppl could make their own opinions about every character and not act like freaking tools.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
No, they should put Link in the bottome Tier where he belongs. Falco>Link, and, since Fox and Falco are clones, in SSB64 Fox>Link. how bouts Pikachu, Ness and Kirby regaining their old posistions? Lnik has no right to complain.
Kirby: 2 to 24
Ness: 3 to 22
Pikachu: 1 to 18, whilst
Fox: 4 to 1. (that's the tier list)
as far as Brawl characters are concerned, here's Tera's PREDICTIONS (not opinions or facts, PREDICTIONS)

Wario-Low
Pit-Top
Meta-Knight-Top
ZSS-High
Snake-Middle

if it was biased, it would be:
all-Top.

back to Melee characters (assuming all 26 return) here's the hopes/opinions
Fox: same-ish
Falco: same-ish
Shiek: same-ish
Marth: same
Peach: lower
C. Falcon: same
Samus: same
IC's: same
Doc: higher
Jigglypuff: higher
Mario: slightly lower
Ganondorf: lower
Link: lower
Luigi: same-ish
DK: same-ish
Roy: slightly higher
Young Link: Lower*
Pikachu: much higher
Yoshi: same
Zelda: higher
G&W: much higher
Ness: same-ish**
Bowser: same
Kirby: much higher
Pichu: slightly higher
Mewtwo: higher

*those without a decent KO move can't cut it
** don't really care
~Tera253~
Thats the best tier list I've ever seen...if i had never seen a tier list before. Making a prediction on a tier list before a game is even released or all the characters/physics changes are revealed is just...WOW

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
You're ********. Tier list isnt and will never be an indicator on who to play as. Imo we'd be better off without tiers, that way ppl could make their own opinions about every character and not act like freaking tools.
FFS, he said on the previous page he was being sarcastic, and I honestly caught the fact that he was being sarcastic when I first saw his post.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I don't bother reading these threads anymore. Since they're mostly all made out of suck, stupid assumptions and crappy speculation. My bad.

These boards are too Nsiderish for my taste.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Based on the current characters revealed in brawl here is my perdicition

Top teir
Metaknight
Fox
Pit

High teir
Wario
Zero Suit Samus