• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

zaf

Smash Lord
ggs all, im pretty much going to be attending the weeklies again, b+ is too much fun.
iill still main toon, hes too fun and like the reason why i started to play in the first place.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
and you steb ... i want another Mm , next time i'll be better lol but GG
What happened? I was ready to buy you a soda. GG, and I accept the next MM.

I had fun playing BlazBlue, MvC2, SF4, Melee, Brawl+, and Wii Sports Resort (lol). I didn't even get to play vBrawl much though :(.

Brawl+ is ********. Lucas is the O. Sagat of Brawl+. And to think there's more broken stuff in this game. I didn't get to MM zaf :(.

To Jer:
Isn't Nu fun to fight?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0KgQbxKefs

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
it was fun!!! 2vs2 with kirt, Swordgard, Dominic and ago was so nice. I noticed 2 things

Bowser Uair is overpowered
Bowser in team battle is really TOO BIG !!!!!!!

Ill come next week and i wish ill be able to beat Swordguard's IC =D

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Pas Pkm, tout dépends des match up . contre ganon je suis vraiment nul mais contre fox falco ou marth je me debrouille, je tes meme battu en falco ditto lol
Ouais, pis? Moi j'ai battu ton Falco :p [/SPOILER]Avec trop de random bull**** pis ton sandbagging évident
Non, mais séreieusement, merci pour les mini-leçons de Meelee! Hey j'Pense à ça, j'ai battu PKM aussi une fois, me reste juste a battre Kage avec plus de bull**** maintenant!I wish. :p
ggs all, im pretty much going to be attending the weeklies again, b+ is too much fun.
iill still main toon, hes too fun and like the reason why i started to play in the first place.
Your TL has great potential man, not to mention I probably won't kick you in the nuts if you go on playing him - now that's something I can,t say about Meta Knight. GG's looking forward to play moar on friday.

[...] Ill come next week and i wish ill be able to beat Swordguard's IC =D
Sorry, no offense, but LOL.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Whaaat! Zaf was actually there?

And there was a big turn out?

Hmm ; ; Maybe I shouldn't have skipped this week...

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to be the party pooper here, but having around 12 people fight for 2 vBrawl setups when you're here to only play vBrawl wasn't exactly my idea of a well spent 7$. There were like twice as many setups for other games.

Hell I even missed Wii Sports Resort, the only thing I actually wanted to try outside of vBrawl.

Dom even threatened me, I had nightmares about it ;A;

KKong; amazing Bowser, it was about time one showed up.
Kirt, SG, Dom: Great Doubles games, they made the evening enjoyable enough : P

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to be the party pooper here, but having around 12 people fight for 2 vBrawl setups when you're here to only play vBrawl wasn't exactly my idea of a well spent 7$. There were like twice as many setups for other games.

Hell I even missed Wii Sports Resort, the only thing I actually wanted to try outside of vBrawl.

Dom even threatened me, I had nightmares about it ;A;

KKong; amazing Bowser, it was about time one showed up.
Kirt, SG, Dom: Great Doubles games, they made the evening enjoyable enough : P
Same here, I don't want to hate on Meelee, but honestly, having a TV dedicated to it when it went unused for a large portion of the evening, and no more than 2 people on it at one time was sort of a waste of space.

On another note, Wii Sports Resort, which I don't mind hating on at all, although it wasn,t on the whole time, was played by like, only two people.

I came mainly to play B+, got gayed-out by Zaf's 56 money matches and the tourney, played, only played 2 games of vB because those TV's were full anyway and spent the rest of my time watching games... -_-

Props to Kirt for setting up SF4 on his laptop though, that's one extra TV not jacked by another game.

Edit@Agora: You're like 45 minutes in advance for my next article lol

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
C'étais un bon weeklie, plein de gens. Tsé ouais moi aussi ca ma un peu dérangé qui aille pas assé de tv pour brawl normal, mais quand on y pense c'Est quand meme mieu comme ca que quand on est juste 8.

Ouais bonne game Agora, kirt, swordguard, kingkong et techio en double. Agora ton G&W a lair bien en double.

Moi je trouve ca assé"spécial" que je performais mieu avec le Ganon de Kirt comme teamate que avec nimporte quel combinaison de personage de moi et swordguard. On sais tous que swordguard sais joué a ce jeu, alors c'est très énigmatique.

ah ouais , pas mal cool sf4 aussi

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
javoue que les doubles a brawl c t mon highlight de la soiree aussi. C juste plate quon a pas pu en faire plus avec la restrainte de tele.

swordgard

Smash Hero
C'étais un bon weeklie, plein de gens. Tsé ouais moi aussi ca ma un peu dérangé qui aille pas assé de tv pour brawl normal, mais quand on y pense c'Est quand meme mieu comme ca que quand on est juste 8.

Ouais bonne game Agora, kirt, swordguard, kingkong et techio en double. Agora ton G&W a lair bien en double.

Moi je trouve ca assé"spécial" que je performais mieu avec le Ganon de Kirt comme teamate que avec nimporte quel combinaison de personage de moi et swordguard. On sais tous que swordguard sais joué a ce jeu, alors c'est très énigmatique.

Sparce en fait c kirt ki supporte lequipe. Moi je stay in the back planking.

Mais cest vrai, on est pas capable de teamer ensemble du tout lol.

Hells

Smash Apprentice
ben quand moi et mar1 on jouaient on etait ouvert a tous mais personne venait :x

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did any of you guys consider that the staff may not appreciate their customers gambling in their establishment?
this. i don't think it would be appropriate considering how the establishment runs the place, especially with the clientele and regulations on that. however, it is technically legal to play poker as long as the establishment does not make any profit off of it.

And as I've said millions of times before, this is a Smash Bros. Weekly. I'm fine with SSB64, Melee, Brawl, Brawl+, and all other sorts of Frankensteined versions, but if you plan on coming to play other games then you should prepare to be disappointed. I allowed BlazBlue, MKWii, Punch Out and the like because they were new and people wanted to try them, but if they are taking away setups from people who want to play some Smash then they need to go. Set up a private event for that.
should the shop invest in more tv's? =/
Me semblait aussi que cetait impossible que t'etait even avec Chet ou Pkm. lolll.
ahahahahah
so did this boy here get ***** or was it the other way around? be objective guys.

agreed. and you're cool too! if there is sf next week i might come then
i could get robert to come too then maybe lol

Agora

Smash Journeyman
ben quand moi et mar1 on jouaient on etait ouvert a tous mais personne venait :x
That was mostly because 1. You guys were on the laggy TV and I never bothered to look if it was hooked up on Component. and 2. Most of the time I looked, you guys were doing 4 player free for alls :p

I actually wanted to play with you guys, but whenever I looked your spot was shock full of peeps so I kinda gave up eventually and kicked Kirt out of his seat in a bully fashion.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Got to stop staying up so late! I just got lazy last Wednesday which is why I didn't come...

Next week though, I'll make it!

If only Bento was around. I miss that guy. ; ;

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
i played b+ with joel and thad (and kage and matt). it was surprisingly fun. joel's wolf is ****. I haven't played many chars, but it was fun. mortar slide into spike, shine spikes from wolf and fox, good ****. A lot of chars seem good, but some are just too good. Zelda is disgusting, and I don't even know how to sweetspot kick. =/ her moves are too safe.

edit: rion I want to try your zelda with diff chars. :) (taking ike against you was not cool)

Nyok0

Smash Rookie
Hi there, im new to montreal and im planning to pass over there probably next week. If needed I can bring my wii with b+ too :)

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
i played b+ with joel and thad (and kage and matt). it was surprisingly fun. joel's wolf is ****. I haven't played many chars, but it was fun. mortar slide into spike, shine spikes from wolf and fox, good ****. A lot of chars seem good, but some are just too good. Zelda is disgusting, and I don't even know how to sweetspot kick. =/ her moves are too safe. [...]
THIIIIS.

Hi there, im new to montreal and im planning to pass over there probably next week. If needed I can bring my wii with b+ too :)
Welcome to the Montreal community. I hope you enjoy the experience =)

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a Blue GC memory card with them that doesn't belong to them? I can't find mine since last weekly for some reason, maybe it's just hidden somewhere in my room, but I'll ask here anyway. It got approximately 1000 blocks in it and it's slightly longer than a regular GC memory card.

HiveSteel

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm also new in the community and I was just wondering if the weeklies were still happening on Wednesdays 18h-23h at Gamersworld, and if I have to sign up somehow cause I didn't see anything on their website.

Also, what's the level of play there? I've been playing for a while with friends and other online people and I guess I'm becoming half-decent, but I don't have much tournament or smashfest experience... Would this be a good place to gain experience or would I just be in the way?

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Best way to learn is to get ***** anyway, so just show up and witness it firsthand :D Honestly, there's usually a wide range of skills at play, so you'll likely find an opponent close to your level.

And yes, these still occur. All you need to do is show up, pay the 7$, create an account to re-use every time you go there, and you're set.

zaf

Smash Lord
This game is ridiculous, there is so many things i am finding out.
It feels like a brand new game practically.
Kev, we need to rematch =P

with that being said, ill be there again this week, with another b+ set up.

something has come up, and i can not attend the weekly this week :(:(:(
can anyone set something up for the weekend coming? if not i can probably host a b+ fest.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I must camping this week and i dont know if im gonna be here wednesday so i dont think im gonna be there, see u next week

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Quoting Zaf, mainly for my sweet, sweet sig to show up. But I guess I can answer as well.

This game is ridiculous, there is so many things i am finding out.
It feels like a brand new game practically.
Kev, we need to rematch =P
lol, anytime man.

something has come up, and i can not attend the weekly this week :(:(:(
can anyone set something up for the weekend coming? if not i can probably host a b+ fest.
I'd be in for a fest.

I'll be at the weekly, of course.

Ha, you thought Phoenix Mario was broken? Wimps.

http://elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/v1-1337-falco-complete/

swordgard

Smash Hero
I believe I'll be there. Here's hoping it won't be as fail as last week.
Simply put

1 brawl + Setup, 1 melee setup, and 3 brawl setup would have been ideal.

There were 2 full brawl setups while the brawl+ setups were singles and melee was played in singles sometimes only.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna have to head up to these weeklies with Fornax and whole slew of brawlers, some time >:D!

vrud

Smash Apprentice
i might be able to come w/ TV+melee setup+brawl scrub friend who thinks he can beat all of you. Still not sure though.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have to head up to these weeklies with Fornax and whole slew of brawlers, some time >:D!
I want to see fornaxxx irl O.o, im always playing online that uld be fun ! Our matches are always epic Mk vs bowser FTW !!!

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Simply put

1 brawl + Setup, 1 melee setup, and 3 brawl setup would have been ideal.

There were 2 full brawl setups while the brawl+ setups were singles and melee was played in singles sometimes only.
The Meelee setup went unused for most of the evening last time, not to mention Wii sports resort wasn't very popular and is 2-players only, from what I understood.

Having a Brawl+ tourney was meh, ****ed everything up, IMO.

I'd go with 3 vB, 2 B+. I think it would be fair that the 2 laggy screens are split 1 vB, 1 B+ as well.

Je vais être la cette semaine
It's ALIIIIIVE. Nice, ça faisait longtemps.

i might be able to come w/ TV+melee setup+brawl scrub friend who thinks he can beat all of you. Still not sure though.
Sounds full of lulz potential.

swordgard

Smash Hero
The Meelee setup went unused for most of the evening last time, not to mention Wii sports resort wasn't very popular and is 2-players only, from what I understood.

Having a Brawl+ tourney was meh, ****ed everything up, IMO.

I'd go with 3 vB, 2 B+. I think it would be fair that the 2 laggy screens are split 1 vB, 1 B+ as well.

It's ALIIIIIVE. Nice, ça faisait longtemps.

Sounds full of lulz potential.
Must play that guy lol. I want to crush his soul using my infinites : D

Either way.

1 gamersworld tv for brawl+, 3 for vbrawl, 1 for brawl + from zaf, 1 for melee from vrud. Perfect.

Top Bottom