• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to play jiggs and when things get bad I'll put on a mask, a cape and a sword.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
no such thing as bad characters thier all good if u put enough luv into them tr4q k?

On another note I may not be attending THIS week's weekly due to unforeseen events actively working against me in hope of my demise, or at the very least, my dissatisfaction.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
ah crap, my no show means im gonna not be able to win the ladder this season :(.

****! bento/fizzi gj :(

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Well, at least me and Joel denied them their 10 points ;D

It was good to go back to Luigi, but he's still as hard to win with than before!

Very fun games today, guys, see you around.

Oh and btw, Toon Link has super armor on his up smash, we have video proof XD

ThatGuy

Smash Master

1. Extreme Pain!!!!!!!!!!! (Agora + ThatGuy)
2. Stole Yo' Lunch (Fizzi + BentoBox)
3. Team 2 (Steb + Phil)
4. We Don't Fight For Our Friends (fhatuik + Techiyo)
5. Outskirts (Phase + OCD)

Current standings:

1. BentoBox (34 points)
1. Fizzi (34 points)
3. WarranThad (30 points)
4. Joel (21 points)
5. Agony (15 points)
6. zaf (13 points)
6. Steb (13 points)
8. Agora (12 points)
9. Techiyo (11 points)
10. Vwins (9 points)
10. Damax (9 points)
12. Kirt/Mystic Viper (8 points)
13. filauc (6 points)
13. BigRick (6 points)
15. fhatiuk (5 points)
16. Phil (3 points)
17. Kage (1 point)
17. "C"let (1 point)

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
That was my last weekly forever today.

For few good reason...

alors vous aurez 1 joueur de moin :-p
Don't show up if you don't enjoy playing the ****ing game, we're not begging for people to come. It's your loss (albeit not a great one from the looks of it) so stop being so full of yourself pretending we'll miss you.

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't want to come off as an ******* with this but victimizing yourself like that just pisses me off.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Bear in mind that in 2 weeks, the final 2v2 tournament will take place, and December 10th will be the final singles tournament to determine the champion. It's a 16-spot bracket...but we only have 18 people.

I don't want to come off as a **** when I say this because I'm 4th and essentially guarenteed entry, but what do people think of reducing it to an 8-spot bracket? This poses the biggest danger to people ranked lower down, and I'd want to hear your opinions on this.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
Are 16 people even going to show up? Lets make it big and decorate GW, order a buffet and ****. If anyone got friends that can play some instruments?

And change that to World Champion. Make it prestigeous.

MAKE IT CRAZY

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I thought Singles tournament results weren't ranked at all?
Can't we do like usual and just use Byes for the empty spots?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Singles tournaments AREN'T ranked (the random ones we had anyways). As we explained before, the 2v2 is a ladder which gives seeds for the 1v1 tournament. It was meant to be top 16 but it seems we had less people earning points than I expected.

I'll have a prize lined up, don't worry...

As for the people that don't show up, the spots get bumped up. Therefore whoever is 9th could get 8th if Agony doesn't show, for example.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Don't show up if you don't enjoy playing the ****ing game, we're not begging for people to come. It's your loss (albeit not a great one from the looks of it) so stop being so full of yourself pretending we'll miss you.

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't want to come off as an ******* with this but victimizing yourself like that just pisses me off.
Since he lives like 3 hours away from the GW and he attends the Jarc weeklies the day after, I doubt that he enjoys travelling ~9 hours by bus 2 days in a row.

And you did come off as an *******.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
Since he lives like 3 hours away from the GW and he attends the Jarc weeklies the day after, I doubt that he enjoys travelling ~9 hours by bus 2 days in a row.

And you did come off as an *******.
Doesn't mean ****. Take it as you will it's your problem.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Johns-less matches ftw imo

Tru Fact. Matches couldn't have had more johns in them if it had been 4 guys using the name "John" playing a free for all, with items on, on warioware stage, with special brawl options.

Bear in mind that in 2 weeks, the final 2v2 tournament will take place, and December 10th will be the final singles tournament to determine the champion. It's a 16-spot bracket...but we only have 18 people.

I don't want to come off as a **** when I say this because I'm 4th and essentially guarenteed entry, but what do people think of reducing it to an 8-spot bracket? This poses the biggest danger to people ranked lower down, and I'd want to hear your opinions on this.
Well, for selfish reasons, i would like it to remain a 16 man bracket but i can see it being 8 as well. I might not be able to attend many more weeklies since im in cruch time for trying to get into university for the winter but i would really like to be on that final tourney. Either way, all i really need to do is show up again like i always do and make it to third place, like i always do, and then i'll be on the final tourney.

THe only problem is that plan involves me showing up....

BentoBox

Smash Master
Apparament, Jarc n'a pas vraiment a te supporter *****er apres Brawl pendant des heures puisque je suppose que vous jouez plutot a Melee quand vs vous rencontrez. Hier, quand Fizzi et moi mangions, tu jouais contre Joel, pis a chaque 5 secondes t'avait qqch de negatif a dire concernant le jeu, concernant la superiorite de Melee... A chaque fois que tu mourrais, tu blamais la faute sur le jeu et non toi meme, a chaque fois que Fizzi utilisais son cypher, tu lancais un "sti, j'en ai tu un cypher d'meme moi!" Ca en devenait ridicule. :p Note que t'es tjrs la seule personne a chialer constamment comme si le jeu t'en voulais~ mais si le reste de la communaute n'exprime pas autant de difficultes, p-e que le probleme se situe quelque part d'autre ;]. Joel subit des choses tellement plus hilarantes et deprimantes a la fois, mais tu ne le vois pas en faire un grabuge a chaque fois.

C'est pas comme si tout se faisait automatiquement a Melee, mais pour une certaine raison, a chaque fois que tu commetais des erreurs et te faisais donc punir par la suite, tu blamais le jeu pour ne pas renverser la situation a ton avantage. Et concernant les personnages overpowered, tu me vois pas chialer apres sheik quand je jouer avec Roy @ Melee, ou luigi vs Marth. C'est un jeu different, certes, mais les memes concepts de base s'appliquent, certains persos seront tjrs mieux que d'autres. Si t'es pas capable de faire avec, clairement, tu devrais arreter de jouer a Brawl.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
On jous pas a Melee parcequ'on vas là pour jouer a brawl. J'ai rien contre Melee et ça me dérange pas si vous jouez, mais faux pas s'attendre a ce que le monde saute dessus. Tu me vois pas arriver chez Jarc avec une copie de Brawl, puis chialer a propos de Melee toute la soirée.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Nice post Bento, that was totally what was on my mind as well but I would have changed the conclusion to: "arrete de jouer a n'importe quel jeu competitif" rather then just brawl.

zaf

Smash Lord
Apparament, Jarc n'a pas vraiment a te supporter *****er apres Brawl pendant des heures puisque je suppose que vous jouez plutot a Melee quand vs vous rencontrez. Hier, quand Fizzi et moi mangions, tu jouais contre Joel, pis a chaque 5 secondes t'avait qqch de negatif a dire concernant le jeu, concernant la superiorite de Melee... A chaque fois que tu mourrais, tu blamais la faute sur le jeu et non toi meme, a chaque fois que Fizzi utilisais son cypher, tu lancais un "sti, j'en ai tu un cypher d'meme moi!" Ca en devenait ridicule. :p Note que t'es tjrs la seule personne a chialer constamment comme si le jeu t'en voulais~ mais si le reste de la communaute n'exprime pas autant de difficultes, p-e que le probleme se situe quelque part d'autre ;]. Joel subit des choses tellement plus hilarantes et deprimantes a la fois, mais tu ne le vois pas en faire un grabuge a chaque fois.

C'est pas comme si tout se faisait automatiquement a Melee, mais pour une certaine raison, a chaque fois que tu commetais des erreurs et te faisais donc punir par la suite, tu blamais le jeu pour ne pas renverser la situation a ton avantage. Et concernant les personnages overpowered, tu me vois pas chialer apres sheik quand je jouer avec Roy @ Melee, ou luigi vs Marth. C'est un jeu different, certes, mais les memes concepts de base s'appliquent, certains persos seront tjrs mieux que d'autres. Si t'es pas capable de faire avec, clairement, tu devrais arreter de jouer a Brawl.

english please
=]

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
Apparently Jarc doesn't have to endure you *****ing for hours about Brawl since I assume you must be playing Melee when you meet. Yesterday, while Fizzy and I were eating, you were playing Joel, and every 5 seconds you had something negative to say concerning the game, concerning Melee's superiority... everytime you would die you blamed the game and not yourself, everytime Fizzi used his cypher you would say "****, do I have a cypher like that?!" It was getting ridiculous. :p Note that you are always the only person whining constantly as if the game was out to get you~ but if the rest of the community doesn't express as much difficulty, perhaps the problem lies somewhere else ;], Joel suffers things much more hilarious and depressing, but you don't see him make a fuss each time.

It's not as if everything is executed automaticaly in Melee, but for some reason, everytime that you make mistakes and are punished for it, you blame the game as to not reverse the situation to your advantage, and concerning overpowered characters, you don't see me complaining about sheik when I play with Roy in Melee, or Luigi vs Marth, it's a different game certainy, but the same base concepts apply, some characters will always be better than others. If you can't deal with it, clearly you should stop playing Brawl.

10c per word is my fee.

Johns-less matches ftw imo
tl;dr version.

It's Fizzi with an I.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Joel subit des choses tellement plus hilarantes et deprimantes a la fois, mais tu ne le vois pas en faire un grabuge a chaque fois.
I die a little inside though. Yesterday's matches were a riot. I'm used to bad luck hitting me, especially with "ThatGuy air control" from Melee. I just try to remember the good luck I've come across as well, otherwise I would have gone insane long ago :laugh:

Good post, although I do need to play Melee again. Fun times and horrible times.

Top Bottom