• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Alopex

Smash Ace
Okay, so Alopex please don't forget twillight I'll try and go buy an sd card at eb games with Order of ecclesia on DS =]
Not a problem.

Just make sure you have the right files on the SD card.

On this thread (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199810), follow the instructions under Preparing Your SD Card.
Use the .dat file in the RZDE folder, since that's the Twilight I have.

Also make sure that you bring the Homebrew Browser file on your SD. The Installing Software To Be Used With The Homebrew Channel tells you how.

That's all you need to do. In the weekly we'll do the Installing The Twilight Hack And Homebrew Channel step of the process, along with the Homebrew Browser installation.

If GW has wireless internet and your Wii can get on it, then we can even complete the GeckoOS installation at the weekly.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I never used the GeckoOS. I'd like to see what it looks like and what its capable of. Don't bother linking me to anything, im too lazy to look, would rather see it in person.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Actually I'll buy the sd card then go to the weeklie so I won't be able to prepare it, but if it's possible to do it at the weeklie with the nessesary things then it's fine I guess.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Actually I'll buy the sd card then go to the weeklie so I won't be able to prepare it, but if it's possible to do it at the weeklie with the nessesary things then it's fine I guess.
If GW can let you use a computer AND their computers have SD card readers, then we can do it.

If YOU don't have an SD card reader, or a digital camera that uses that SD card, then you won't be able to do anything. So make sure you have a way of getting your computer to read that SD card before you buy it. Consequently, if you DO have a camera that uses the SD card, then bring that to GW along with the PC hookups and we'll be able to do get everything done.

I can bring you all the necessary files on my SD card. But you'll still need your own SD card and a PC that can read it if you want to do add any codes after everything is installed.

EDIT:
I never used the GeckoOS. I'd like to see what it looks like and what its capable of. Don't bother linking me to anything, im too lazy to look, would rather see it in person.
I never used Ocarina, so I won't be able to tell you what's different about it. All I know is that Ocarina is now outdated. I'll just hand you the Wiimote and let you explore the GeckoOS on your own.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Bleh, nvm then I can't check all this today so it'll go to next week. Thanks anyway. I'll have more time to check for SDs as well.
Heh, I'll bring you my SD card anyway. We'll get the Homebrew Channel and the Homebrew Browser installed. With that, you'll have everything you need on your Wii, which is the most important part. Anything after that you can do entirely on your own, so you'll have complete freedom after this weekly.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Homebrew broswer doesnt have everything and the things it has arent up to date all the time. Also, Ocarina doesn't have a GUI, its all pc base.

The only thing ocarina does is boot the game differntly while your codes are on an sd card which you made from your pc.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Oh dear... I have POINTS. *glees*

Also, Techy is probably harboring murderous intent towards me now : (

Alopex

Smash Ace
Homebrew broswer doesnt have everything and the things it has arent up to date all the time. Also, Ocarina doesn't have a GUI, its all pc base.

The only thing ocarina does is boot the game differntly while your codes are on an sd card which you made from your pc.
The Browser is just to get the GeckoOS straight onto the SD card without having to mess with the files like you would if you downloaded it on the PC.

The Browser at least has the current version of that one. And the update feature on it seems to work well for me. It checks if your app is the current version and, if not, you can update it straight with the Browser.

The GeckoOS does have a GUI, but it doesn't seem to do too much. Or maybe it does. I haven't really bothered much with anything besides Brawl code loading. The codes are booted in the exact same way as Ocarina, all codes that are on the SD card will be used, and the codes need to be entered on the PC. In fact you use the exact same software on the PC that you would for Ocarina.

EDIT: Also, goddammmit, I need more 2vs2 practice. Like, a lot more. More practice in general.
Bento!! You're the only one I know lives near me here in downtown and goes to McGill. Some smash time, perhaps?

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
EDIT: Also, goddammmit, I need more 2vs2 practice. Like, a lot more. More practice in general.
Bento!! You're the only one I know lives near me here in downtown and goes to McGill. Some smash time, perhaps?
"C"let, Bento, and I all live downtown. (I also go to McGill). I live on Hotel-de-ville and Pins. Bento lives on Sherbrooke and Durocher, and "C"let lives on Sherbrooke and Peel. Where do you live?

Alopex

Smash Ace
"C"let, Bento, and I all live downtown. (I also go to McGill). I live on Hotel-de-ville and Pins. Bento lives on Sherbrooke and Durocher, and "C"let lives on Sherbrooke and Peel. Where do you live?
Sherbrooke and Atwater. You're all just around the corner! And I thought everyone was a West Islander (except Zaf... who might as well live on Baffin Island... seriously, Chateuguay?).

Does this mean I might no longer have to wait 6 days in between Brawl sessions?

*takes notes and prepares multiple **** parties... vaseline not included*
Rick is noob rapist. Every pro knows about Astroglide.

zaf

Smash Lord
Sherbrooke and Atwater. You're all just around the corner! And I thought everyone was a West Islander (except Zaf... who might as well live on Baffin Island... seriously, Chateuguay?).

Does this mean I might no longer have to wait 6 days in between Brawl sessions?

Rick is noob rapist. Every pro knows about Astroglide.
you better ****ing say hi to me on the bus this morning.

zaf

Smash Lord
This weeks results
~~~~~~~~~~~
1: joels wig got me laid
2: Stole your lunch
3: lemons
4: fhat tech
5: David Hayter
5: team pictochat
7: green fro
~~~~~~~~~~~
Points updated
~~~~~~~~~~~
WarranThad (30 points)
BentoBox (19 points)
Fizzi (19 points)
Agony (15 points)
zaf (13 points)
Joel ( 9 points)
Vwins (9 points)
Damax (9 points)
Kirt/Mystic Viper (7 points)
filauc (6 points)
BigRick (6 points)
Steb (4 points)
techiyo (4 points)
Agora ( 3 points)
Kage (1 point)
fhatiuk ( 1 point)

Fhatuik

Smash Apprentice
This weeks results
~~~~~~~~~~~
1: joels wig got me laid
2: Stole your lunch
3: lemons
4: fhat tech
5: David Hayter
5: team pictochat
7: green fro
~~~~~~~~~~~
Points updated
~~~~~~~~~~~
WarranThad (30 points)
BentoBox (19 points)
Fizzi (19 points)
Agony (15 points)
zaf (13 points)
Joel ( 9 points)
Vwins (9 points)
Damax (9 points)
Kirt/Mystic Viper (7 points)
filauc (6 points)
BigRick (6 points)
Steb (4 points)
techiyo (4 points)
Agora ( 3 points)
Kage (1 point)
fhatiuk ( 1 point)
Fhatuik, not Fhatiuk Zaf !!

ThatGuy

Smash Master
1: joels wig got me laid (WarranThad & Myself)
2: Stole your lunch (BentoBox & Fizzi)
3: lemons (Agony & Agora)
4: fhat tech (Fhatuik & Techiyo)
5: David Hayter (Arts and zafs & telefone)
5: team pictochat (Sphyra & Cemo)
7: green fro (Alopex & Calm)

But we didn't win teams, Metaknight did :).

Updating first post.

EDIT: We finally have 16 people for a bracket. Other people start stepping it up!

EDIT2: Oh yeah Pedro, I forgot him somehow, but I haven't seen him in forever. zaf, I wouldn't suggest he quit...there are a couple other West Islanders but many people wouldn't recognize any of them anyways.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
joel and me=sex team

seriously i just tornadod between both of the other characters and joel ***** them while they had to worry constantly about being sucked in. such a hilariously stupid move.

Top Bottom