• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl - the game where no one ever dies?

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
How about the death knell of "reverse progress?" I could smell that stink before it even arrived.

kupo15

Smash Hero
How about Brawl sucks? Yes, yes?
Thats what brawl+ is for lol

And yuna, your title reminded me of a song and I changed the lyrics.

"This is the game---that---ne-ver--ends. And it goes on--and--on---my friends-......!!"

lol

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I'm sure it's been stated but Sonic can't do any B-moves out of after the spring, not just another spring. Game and Watch is a better example of what you are referring to...

Deadandlivin

Smash Apprentice
Short matches are intense, intense matches are good.

Brawl can be funny to play, I guess, but it's not really funny to watch. I mean, if someone K.Os in brawl the public will just clap their hands but yeah, incase its a public sport is irrelevent.

Yuna is right though, the only way to K.O someone is to knock them out of the screen, which can be a pain against snake incase your DR is on a full level et.c. All levels should just be like the Zelda bridge where the level continues out of the screen >.>

Dismojoe

Smash Apprentice
I think it is funny to note that forum members with newer join dates generally disagree with the original poster. I think you new kids need to get educated before posting (imo).

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'm sure it's been stated but Sonic can't do any B-moves out of after the spring, not just another spring. Game and Watch is a better example of what you are referring to...
Considering the thread started before the game came out, I'm sure Yuna may have changed his mind about Sonic's up-b being broken. We all made snap judgments about Brawl before it's release ("Metaknight sucks! He has no strength!")

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
Yes Yuna, I miss edgeguarding too. Edgeguarding seems so useless now with all this auto sweet spot, air dodges, and sonic UP b crap. Matches are boring when they end with smashes.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
Actually, making people generally much harder to KO will only serve to make the gaps between the Top Tiers and Low Tiers even more noticable....

Not necessarily because there are characters that can be KO'd easily under 100 percent. These are the lighter weight characters. The characters that tend to stay around at really high percentages (like snake 150+ quite frequently) is because they are heavy weight characters. Not all heavy weight characters are top tiers. Game & Watch is one of the lightest characters on the game and he is top tier, yet still easy to KO. He dies at around 80% from a snake utilt. KO's also depend greatly upon di. Many players are becoming more and more familiar and good with using di making a person more capable of surviving at high percentages. I think that making it harder overall in brawl to die at low percentages force people to improve their KO skills, as well as giving out damage. As far as the games over all balance if it were as low as melee some characters would be much harder to beat such as meta-knights who would be able to KO easily at even lower percentages.

-!-

Smash Lord
umm my record is getting up to 165% and coming back to the stage lol I play as snake but yea sometimes it does get annoying trying to kill someone and they're like 150% or more o.O

but the more Intense the better imo but there are some characters that can be killed below 100% hell I've killed at 45% after the killing move and have EdgeHuged people close to 0%

Top Bottom