• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Single Player

hawkts13

Smash Rookie
Just wondering, and not sure if this has been pointed out or not, searched but couldn't find anything, would Brawl have a different type of Single Player than Melee?

The obvious answer is that its going to be similar, but there will be tweaks, but what if its completely new?

After hearing the Ridley Boss Fight music for Metroid on smashbros.com, I thought maybe that there would be different single player modes for each different character. Instead of always fighting bowser or the master hands in the end, you meet up with the respective villains of each character. Its already been semi-confirmed that several characters joining would be some villains of respective games: wolf, ganon, ridley. Metaknight could be the villain for the Kirby series even. Obviously, Bowser would be the mario series villain.

Its a prediction, and it would be pretty cool. Getting all those music composers from each different game, I am expecting that each adventure mode will be unique, and each character will have their own specific matches! No more playing mushroom kingdom with pikachu! He'll be marching through Kanto instead! =D

Thoughts on this?

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
The number of maps and stages that would have to be made just so that each character can have his/her own adventure would be massive.

Let's assume that each character gets ONE unique match:

There are going to be AT LEAST 25 characters (About the number of the cast for Melee), so that means 25 maps/stages.

That's a lot of effort when the devolpers could just cookie-cut a single adventure mode and plop any character into it. Personally, I would much rather have that time be spent on more important aspects of the game.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yes, it will be different.

That said, there is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE of anything in the above sentence. Sakurai has definately expressed interest in expanding the single-player mode, but nobody knows how.

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering, and not sure if this has been pointed out or not, searched but couldn't find anything, would Brawl have a different type of Single Player than Melee?

The obvious answer is that its going to be similar, but there will be tweaks, but what if its completely new?

After hearing the Ridley Boss Fight music for Metroid on smashbros.com, I thought maybe that there would be different single player modes for each different character. Instead of always fighting bowser or the master hands in the end, you meet up with the respective villains of each character. Its already been semi-confirmed that several characters joining would be some villains of respective games: wolf, ganon, ridley. Metaknight could be the villain for the Kirby series even. Obviously, Bowser would be the mario series villain.

Its a prediction, and it would be pretty cool. Getting all those music composers from each different game, I am expecting that each adventure mode will be unique, and each character will have their own specific matches! No more playing mushroom kingdom with pikachu! He'll be marching through Kanto instead! =D

Thoughts on this?
Yeah thought on this, see thread: Game modes, entering on the adventure. No offense, but
we are/have discussing this right now on that thread. Nvm if there will be 2 threads, I like 2 discuss about this subject, anyway

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I predict single player being rather time consuming and having some replayability.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Classic mode will feature one or two unique fights at the end, for example a fight with your rival/nemisis before the clash with the Master Hand. Multiple adventures should also be included.
I hope the single player is updated considerably. Given the increase in size of the single player from the original to Melee, a similar sized update to Brawl would be fantastic.

Steven Hail

Smash Cadet
My theory would be that the new Single Player mode would just feature more boss battles aside from Bowser and Master Hand/Crazy Hand. It'll also probably be the same throughtout no matter what character you choose to play as; maybe differing with a match or two.

Something I came up that might be interesting is that some stages would be 3D, and that we could explore and fight from a 3rd-person perspective(Adventure Mode). That would be cool.:grin: How about some cutscenes for character specific matches? I'd like that.

marth8000

Smash Cadet
i hope its like melee adventure was really good it was like the old mario's somtimes and i really liked that and i hope it doe's have more unique levels for each character to make it more interesting because somtime on melee it got boring doing the same levels over and over again to get character trophies thats probably the only thing they should improve the batle system does't get any better

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Well Ridley was confirmed yesterday.
LOL. is that sarcastic?
WTF?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think many people here are actually gonna savor 1P anyways. If they are like me, they'll unlock everything as soon as possible and get to multiplayer.

copper90

Smash Apprentice
I think that would really make single player more enjoyable, if each character had his/her own story line, rather then going through the same thing every time and fighting Master Hand or Bowser. But on the other hand, that wasted time creating that would mean the lack of something else on vs mode.

monty06

Smash Ace
melees 1 player was pretty good so if its anything like melee i will be happy with it

~rh

Smash Lord
Yeah, everyones gonna run throw 1P mode to get everything and who ever is HxC enough will get all of the trophies [if there are any in Brawl] for 100% completion.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I've only been on for two months(I know my post count is high buy I came without knowing all advanced techs, right in the era of Brawl discussion, and the opening of smashbros.com. You would have been the same)so I don't know but I love it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
what's rick rolled? anyway I hope adventure mode does have a different Boss character or should I say sub-Boss for each character, and then after the master boss at the end like Crazy handy, Giga Bowser, or maybe perhaps a new one which would be graet but I'm hoping that if there is new boss then he should be totally original (unlike Giga Bowser was)

the grim lizard

Smash Master
what's rick rolled? anyway I hope adventure mode does have a different Boss character or should I say sub-Boss for each character, and then after the master boss at the end like Crazy handy, Giga Bowser, or maybe perhaps a new one which would be graet but I'm hoping that if there is new boss then he should be totally original (unlike Giga Bowser was)
Yeah, but you should discuss it here...

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
1P is going to be much more extensive, since someone with relationship to the game's development (it might have been Sakurai, but if it was someone else, I don't want to be wrong) said there would be a 'very robust single player mode'.

Green Shell

Smash Journeyman
1P > Classic
Keep it the same as the past two previous games, only add more variety of "team'd" players. (team mario, team yoshi, team ness, etc.).

1P > Adventure
Change it. I didn't like the Melee one, make it so that it's the character's vaillain from their game, at the end that they fight. And not Bowser. xD
But yeah, that's how they should change it.
As for All Star, that's good. And I'm guessing Sakurai will be added a new mode?

goodkid

Smash Lord
I just hope there is a multi-player adventure. You would have more to do with your friends if you get tired of brawling against each other.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Co-Op would be interesting. Put the C-Stick in Single Player. Make no items an option. Cutscenes would be nice but I could care less, and yes change the bosses, since when is Samus's villian Bowser.
Bowser in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption CONFIRMED! XD
*starts making Corruption screenshot in MSPaint*

But back on topic, I think specific character villains are a MUST, make sure to keep the Trophy bonus stages in - I loved them, and OMG Event Mode better be returning. I really couldn't care less for Classic or All star...Event and Adventure are the essentials here.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
It seems everyone has pretty good ideas here in my opinion, but let's not forget that you can play as Antagonists too (so far only Metaknight really, but I'm sure there will be many others...), so I think, when you play as Bowser for example, at the end, you face Mario, Ridley versus Samus, etc. I also think Co-op would be a good idea, especially for different event matches, that'd be interesting... I think items shouldn't be turn-offable because even though I never use items and pretty much hate them, they can be important in single-player mode, and change the game's difficulty, maybe we'll see soon how important Final Smashes are, c-stick should be in though, and cut-scenes I don't think are really that important... I notice that they slow down the game more-so in Melee, and after you've seen it twice, you dont care anymore. But back on the original topic, I was thinking maybe Ridley was unlocked in an event match and you face Ridley as Samus with that music, but this brings up an interesting point. I still think that the music for the final boss (if they do this thing you're talking about) will be either on Final Destination with FD's music (whatever it will be) or you will always go to a specific stage depending on the boss you're facing, however, maybe this will be different on both Classic and Adventure mode.

Top Bottom