• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl roster reveal coming this December

Chill

Red
BRoomer
CoroCoro Comics have announced that they will reveal the roster for Brawl in a magazine hitting the stands (in Japan of course) on the 15th of December. If you’re unfamilar with CoroCoro they have previously featured information on Nintendo’s games, notably they exculsively revealed Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl.

What’s unclear is just how much of the roster will be revealed. It’s currently unkown if CoroCoro will feature the starting characters or the entire roster. If a full reveal seems unlikely it is worth noting that Brawl is set for a Japanese release in Jan of 08′, just one month after the magazine release.

If you doubt this information would be revealed outside of the dojo it has already been done. Twice now the site has updated the site after a media release. Once on E3 and again with the news of Sonic joining the fight. While some have been awaiting the Dec 3rd update ,which was Brawls previous release date, the update on the 15th might be the one to watch for.

<em>Thanks to SamuraiPanda and ChronoBound for the story. You can follow the link to go directly to the smashboards thread.</em>

<a href="http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=127033"><em>http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=127033</em></a>

<a href="http://www.mother-jp.net/times/20071121.html"></a>

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
Does that mean they'll be revealing all the characters? I still want there to be a surprise when I buy the game, I don't want to have to avoid going on the net for roughly 2 months...

RazorwireTroop

Smash Cadet
Please whoever is going to buy this magazine please show some scans because I actually am interested in this. Also I want to see hwo Falco looks.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather like to know if this is going to be a total blow-out, or just a roster peek before I click into whatever comes up in a month. I do want to know about the brawlers that'll be presented to us, but I'd rather enjoy the surprise for unlockable characters.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't know whether to jump for joy or be kind of disappointed that we may know the roster so soon.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If it comes from CoroCoro then It's true, what I'm wondering if we'll have the entire roster.. maybe not, only the starter one.

I don't believe I'm saying this, but I want the feel of unlocking characters and say WTF! look who's in Brawl!
Yeah, me too. The excitement of seeing a famous character's shadow when it says ''CHALLENGER!" is exciting to me.

Phat Yoshi

Smash Cadet
I can't help but be cautiously pessimistic about believing this.

Personally it almost sounds too good to be true...

Perhaps Christmas is coming early this year? :laugh:

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps Sakurai is anticipating this and will announce characters quickly soon, so that the characters we don't know will be smaller than we think. Or it could show the Starting Roster and the question mark boxes. We will find out soon, and hopefuly Sakurai is in on the deal so we don't have another bout of "E for All" Dejavu.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
seeing is believing... that's all I'm gonna say on this...

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
is this a dream....oh i guess not YAY
but the 15th of Dec is a saturday which means no update
oh well i guess it will be in the 17th update

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I can't decide whether to not spoil myself or just look.

If the first, I'll have a hard time doing so...

M.K

Level 55
Does anyone know the EXACT words from the magazine?

Oh, and anyone who is doubting, CoroCoro Magazine gave us TONS of new information on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. This isn't some low-rate magazine, it's top stuff.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
As a translator myself, I can see that CoroCoro do indeed want you to think that they will reveal the entire roster. They say on their site, "Unless you've got a time machine, you'll be excited come Dec. 15th." They also say that "All characters will be revealed!"

Who knows, they could just mean "all" the starters. Let's hope we get the whole caboodle.

UltimateLink

Smash Apprentice
Wow man, serious debate.
I dont really care if its the whole rooster.
You know why? its impossible. If they know every character,
they must be already made, and if thats the case, so are the stages, music etc.
Which means if they release "all" the characters, Brawl would of already came out
in Japan. Case closed!
But that is my saying, i am probably wrong about this stuff
so dont take it seriously please.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Woooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I love ya Chill! Partialy because your avatar is Ratchet & Clank.

I find that it's more likely they'll reveal just the starting roster, for various reasons.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
You know why? its impossible. If they know every character, they must be already made, and if thats the case, so are the stages, music etc. Which means if they release "all" the characters, Brawl would of already came out in Japan. Case closed!
*Makes an annoying 'ehhhhn' buzzer noise* -- Wrong. Once all the stages, music, characters, items, and all other Game Content is finished, guess what comes next?

Quality Assurance. They hunt down bugs within their ability and deadline, make sure things work as intended, at least a cursory balancing pass ("Sakurai-sama? Should Metaknight's neutral-A do 999% damage and instant-KO? Because it currently does." "...No. Fix that. Now." "Yes, Sakurai-sama!"), print up copies of the game, prepare it for shipping, etc. etc...

And then there's getting early copies to major publications so their reviews are ready, though Nintendo may skip that step as it's relatively minor.

Either way, there is a LOT of stuff to cover between "Finished adding Game Content" and "On Store Shelves."

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Itll probably just be the starting roster, and hopefully that means well find out about a few more that havent thus far been announced

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, me too. The excitement of seeing a famous character's shadow when it says ''CHALLENGER!" is exciting to me.
i also agree if they show all the characters then theres no surprise i mean just look how surprised everyone was when they revealed sonic and snake it just makes you think..wow i wonder who else is in

Top Bottom