• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl roster reveal coming this December

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
This might be totally pointless if he decides to ante up on the Dojo on Veteran Fighters and Newcomers sections on December. He might have a surprise on Christmas Day, but it's a long shot.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Wow man, serious debate.
I dont really care if its the whole rooster.
You know why? its impossible. If they know every character,
they must be already made, and if thats the case, so are the stages, music etc.
Which means if they release "all" the characters, Brawl would of already came out
in Japan. Case closed!
But that is my saying, i am probably wrong about this stuff
so dont take it seriously please.
This is one of the most ignorant things ive ever heard xD, you think once the chars are done they just post the game for sale???

first off liek someone allready said Quilty assurance must be done, along with bug testing and phyisics testing and probley a **** load of other things i (as a non-programmer) dont know about >_> dont be so negitive son

on to the topic i hope they do only post the starting line-up maybe a few secret chars. If they do reveal them all down goes the fun of tryign to find them :(

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
There's another thread exactly like this one...Even in the first post it was shown. But, if I'm wrong correct me. Anyways, I think all the characters I've seen so far on the dojo would make a great game for me. If you're not pleased with how great they are then you should look at how in-depth they made every character look.

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
Wow man, serious debate.
I dont really care if its the whole rooster.
You know why? its impossible. If they know every character,
they must be already made, and if thats the case, so are the stages, music etc.
Which means if they release "all" the characters, Brawl would of already came out
in Japan. Case closed!
But that is my saying, i am probably wrong about this stuff
so dont take it seriously please.
Actually, that's not necessarily true. Most of the game could be done and finished right now, as we speak...including the final roster. Like many others, I believe the delay to release was to finalize the online component and add some more useful features. So, in theory, we could get a full-roster reveal on the 15th.

I don't care about it being released, just as long as mah Mia's in the roster. Sakurai, I know where you live. :demon:

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
this is pretty sweet, and for cryin out loud I want to know the whole roster, just like someone else said I want to know what I'm buying!

and btw, I can confirm Coro Coro is a serious magazine, and has always had some pretty cool exclusives

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
i hreally hope they're the characters that we were expecting. i'd really like to see isaac from golden sun, bomberman, and megaman! i hope that no clone will be on it though like falco, marth, roy, dr. mario and such. clones are a waste of character slots. i hope the roster is up to 60 characters! that would rock!

Akiak

Smash Ace
You know what we need? They have to tell us how many 3rd party characters there will be and how many new characters from non-represented series etc. That way we can think things like: "I wonder who will be in that remaining 3rd party slot?"

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing we're getting the full roster.
And it's not like it's bad anyways.
If you people don't want to know about the unlockables, then don't read about them, just read about the existing starter characters yet to be revealed. Jeez.:ohwell:
'Said and done.

Geist

Smash Master
ugh... i want it to be a surprise. i want to find out myself if a character is or isnt in brawl.
problem is, even if i choose not to read it, the overall excitement passing through everyone will eventualy reach me anyways.
>.<
keep it to yourself people!

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
hmm...this seems promising. However I'm getting my hopes up

B01001101ownz

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that it's not just the starting roster but the starting roster screen. I want to know how many characters we can expect like I want to see. The starting roster for brawl is ... and expect to unlock the other 25. Or maybe say a few unlockable but keep a few under raps

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Wow. That's great. It seems a little cheap to me to look at the roster, but I'll look at it anyway; it's not like it won't be mentioned here about four hundred million times.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
I, for one, am very excited. Unless Sakurai's the one writing the article. Then it'll be like, "The roster as updated on the Dojo so far."

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
Reveal: Master Chief. Japan: hey is that the halo guy. oh i guess so. yeah cool i guess. America:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
lmao! i would hate to have Master Ceif in the game, if he is....well this is what will heppen

i pick it up - i go home - i put my foot on the pedl of my garbage can - in goes the game - out goe the trash :)

but anyway this is SUPUBERFANTABULISTAALLYAMAZIATINGLYPERFECTOLICIOUSLY GREAT! yeah, thats my word of the day...

aleps

Smash Apprentice
ugh... i want it to be a surprise. i want to find out myself if a character is or isnt in brawl.
problem is, even if i choose not to read it, the overall excitement passing through everyone will eventualy reach me anyways.
>.<
keep it to yourself people!
Yeah that so true, it should be a rule not to talk about the roster outside the thread made for that, or I'll have to stop visiting the forum :urg: But threads such as " Official Geno/Bomberman/Krystal/etc Thead" will obviosly talk about it and it isn't fair for them too.

Goompas

Smash Rookie
I don't know why people care about knowing the secret characters...it's doubtful you'll figure out how to unlock everything without looking on the internet.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
i honestly dont why you people are excited about the starting roster being release...

look at the box art.
that should be it right there.

:)

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
i honestly dont why you people are excited about the starting roster being release...

look at the box art.
that should be it right there.

:)
If I recall correctly, the SSB boxart only had 6 of the 8 starters, and was missing Yoshi and Donkey Kong.

Now that was just off my memory, so it might be slightly off, but I know it didn't have all 8.

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
I really just want to know who will be the starters...i want to save the secret character as a surprise however....it hurts to be impatient and say you want to know who they are now....but it'll be worth it trying to guess whos shadow is being shown in the challenger approaching screen....

I really hope that all the characters that are confirmed are all starting characters....i would be so disappointed if i saw that shadow and said..."oh, i know who that is...lets unlock him i guess...."

WarioII

Smash Apprentice

That's not true... The feeling that gives you the "Warning challenger approaching" shadow of an unknown character is WAY WAY better than knowing the entire rooster... no doubt.
yeah theres nothin like the feelin when ur like WHAT THE when you see whose the new character approaching to challenge you and you cant believe who it is

blayde_axel

Smash Master
If I recall correctly, the SSB boxart only had 6 of the 8 starters, and was missing Yoshi and Donkey Kong.

Now that was just off my memory, so it might be slightly off, but I know it didn't have all 8.
I think that's true. But anyway, yeah, the box art's chars are probably going to be PART of the starting. I mean, I'm guessing the char's announced already (besides third party) are going to be starters. Which makes 20 chars (if you count Zamus and Samus as one char).

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino

That's not true... The feeling that gives you the "Warning challenger approaching" shadow of an unknown character is WAY WAY better than knowing the entire rooster... no doubt.
that's your opinion, and if you don't want to know, just stay away from the internets XD

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
I think weve already got the starting roster, and i think Sakurai might stop them from giving out everything

TheLake

Smash Master
I think sakuri wants to keep MOST of the characters a suprise. I have a feeling the man likes keeping some things a suprise (If he didnt he would have shown us everything on the Dojo). So with that said I think were just gonna learn the starting roster. Either way its not skin off my back knowing all the characters or not. Im playing the game regardless *shrugs* I already plan on using "Dark" zelda to rule the world with anyways (Hopfully a dark krystal too).

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
I don't care for surprises. I don't play Brawl to be surprised from the characters the first few weeks I have it. Brawl "begins" when I have all characters and I play competitively.

BlueJay1993

Smash Rookie
Just when it is released if all the chracters are released make three spoiler lists. one with the scans one with the starter charecters and one with the secret characters.....also does anyone else have the box for brawl because I got it and all of my friends who like brawl diden't know you can buy one

Brockman5

Smash Ace
You act like you can play brawl anytime you wan't right now..."I just don't play brawl for suprises" You can't play it right now and I bet you didn't at e for all so don't say stupid things like that, please...

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
You act like you can play brawl anytime you wan't right now..."I just don't play brawl for suprises" You can't play it right now and I bet you didn't at e for all so don't say stupid things like that, please...
how is that stupid? did you like, interpret that message wrong or something?

Top Bottom