• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: Released. See the new thread up top in the sticky section ^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samemind

Smash Rookie
You have to name them STGCUSTOM1.pac, STGCUSTOM2.pac, etc. up to 9.

Never forget the STG.
Yay, thanks Kitamerby. Also thanks to everyone working on Brawl-. You are a bunch of super cool dudes.

edit: yeah, that didn't work actually. As of now, the files are in the same directory with filenames STGCUSTOM1.pac to STGCUSTOM9.pac .

NNID
Budget_Player
I totally support this. My roommate is curious about Ness, how's he shaping up?
Have you ever played RC1 ness? You know, the one that was stupidly broken? Well, imagine that. Except Fair is more ********, fsmash is retardedly powerful, PK fire comes out around frame 4 and has a very fast JC, and a speedup on dair.

EDIT:nvm read through the topic.
??

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I did a mini tournament at my place. When people play serious the games take a while, especially with lucario. We decided to change it to 4 stock. Everyone was really happy about the change.

We had quite a few games go down to 1-2 min left when we were playing with 5 stocks.

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Are characters going to be released rapidly throughout the next week, or, are they going to be released in one big dump on saturday?

DiZmY??

Smash Cadet
Hows ROB coming along?? Have you guys checked the ROB forums... We all put a little suggestion in on how to make him broken.

NNID
Budget_Player
Do these codes work online? If so does anyone want to play?
It works online, but only if both players have the exact same codeset.

rawrrr release early in the morning of Saturday so I can bring it to someones house.
We're doing what we can >.>

Hows ROB coming along?? Have you guys checked the ROB forums... We all put a little suggestion in on how to make him broken.
ROB has an alpha... most are saying it ain't busted enough yet though, I haven't seen it...

K.Mac

Smash Lord
So 5 stocks is a lot... Okay, good to know.

EDIT: Oh god lucario. Mr. "I can't score kills because I suck at scoring kills and TSON doesn't wanna fix it" :V
Yeah, I had a proper serious tactics match with my cousin earlier and we almost ran the timer out - 19 seconds left when he grabbed me and ended me with Falco's ridiculously OP UThrow

Cadet, I need to talk to you tomorrow ... well okay, I don't NEED to but I want to. I want to talk to you about Metaknight, mainly. I think the old MK is better than the one you sent me recently (the one where the Fair sucked was actually way more spammable than the latest one)

Although, I DO like the IASA on the Nair. it's freaking ****. If you can put that IASA into the Nair on the older MK and fix his Fair, I don't see what's so bad about it.

I also saw what you meant about the "buggy neutral-A". . . . . . . . I have nothing to say other than..... WUT THE HELL IS HAPPENING. It doesn't even make people flinch, it's freaking useless. The JC from neutral-A is a nifty add but seriously, you need to either fix that freaking graphic glitch-up or just fix the old MK with the IASA and a working Fair or something.

Makes me wonder - why has he changed so much? Was he deemed too broken and had to be nerfed? Or was he deemed to be not broken enough and intended to be buffed? If he was meant to be buffed I think you went backwards, but that's just IMO.

Also please don't nerf Yoshi. He's absolutely amazing. I want Brawl- to REALLY catch on because I will utterly destroy people with him. Get ***** Weegee mainers :chuckle:

edit

I can't say anything on ROB even though I've played CPU ROB. Maybe he needs a bit more buffing but doesn't seem far off.

Also... WHY DID YOU REMOVE SSS? I like the custom stage thing, and unless those custom stages can replace useless ones like Hanenbow, you should at the least keep a second codeset up with the SSS codes in for people who want extra stages in. Tabuu FD = win.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
So just wanted to let you know that I fully support Brawl - and am completely excited for this weekend.

Have already preemptively added B- to a tourney I'm hosting in February, and in Louisville the version Hilt and crew were given at Pound was a side tourney last weekend (with vids!)

You guys are awesome.

Fair Edit: Does Zelda's fair still sweet spot everywhere? >.>

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I have a couple bug reports.... using the downloads on the front page: Link's Arrows sometimes just don't hit Luigi. Game & Watch's upwards and downwards angled Ftilts don't have a chair or a hit box. Luigi's down taunt, when chained properly has NO opportunity to be hit (Tested by standing inside DK in 75MM)

NNID
Budget_Player
Ok, I have a couple bug reports.... using the downloads on the front page: Link's Arrows sometimes just don't hit Luigi. Game & Watch's upwards and downwards angled Ftilts don't have a chair or a hit box. Luigi's down taunt, when chained properly has NO opportunity to be hit (Tested by standing inside DK in 75MM)
Link's arrows are buggy as ****. They also desynch wifi and replays. :ohwell: Luigi's dtaunt needs fixin'. Someone just has to do it. >.> G&W we'll see about.

how is peach coming along?
I have no idea. :(

The better question is: does Zelda still freeze the game? xP
Nope. Fixed... but still broken.

So just wanted to let you know that I fully support Brawl - and am completely excited for this weekend.

Have already preemptively added B- to a tourney I'm hosting in February, and in Louisville the version Hilt and crew were given at Pound was a side tourney last weekend (with vids!)

You guys are awesome.

Fair Edit: Does Zelda's fair still sweet spot everywhere? >.>
Awesomesauce. Publicity FTW.

If you have the current zelda build and intend on taking it to a tournament, BAN IT. There's still no new one. >.> Work is moving kinda slowly atm...

Hey, is PT gonna be split or no?

also, is this going to be costume/stage/music hack friendly?
1. Nope; PT will get the no stamina and probably the Hold L to not switch on death code or something like that though. So ++

2. Yeppers. The project runs on PSA, what do you think? :laugh:

Yeah, I had a proper serious tactics match with my cousin earlier and we almost ran the timer out - 19 seconds left when he grabbed me and ended me with Falco's ridiculously OP UThrow
Lol@Falco's uthrow. I think falco's been tweaked, but I'd be more worried about his dthrow. If your opponent techs, it's a guaranteed 40 damage; if they miss the tech it's about 60 with a chance at a pivot regrab. See if you can find it.

Cadet, I need to talk to you tomorrow ... well okay, I don't NEED to but I want to. I want to talk to you about Metaknight, mainly. I think the old MK is better than the one you sent me recently (the one where the Fair sucked was actually way more spammable than the latest one)
There's been another fix. The MK I sent you was BROOOKEN. Dthrow->upB 0-death FTL lol. I fixed him a good bit...

Although, I DO like the IASA on the Nair. it's freaking ****. If you can put that IASA into the Nair on the older MK and fix his Fair, I don't see what's so bad about it.

I also saw what you meant about the "buggy neutral-A". . . . . . . . I have nothing to say other than..... WUT THE HELL IS HAPPENING. It doesn't even make people flinch, it's freaking useless. The JC from neutral-A is a nifty add but seriously, you need to either fix that freaking graphic glitch-up or just fix the old MK with the IASA and a working Fair or something.
Eh. I'm uploading the latest tweaks now. The most recent build isn't really the kind of thing that screams "Brawl-" but I'd put him in a similar tier to Luigi. It ain't bad.

Makes me wonder - why has he changed so much? Was he deemed too broken and had to be nerfed? Or was he deemed to be not broken enough and intended to be buffed? If he was meant to be buffed I think you went backwards, but that's just IMO.
He was deemed crappy and scrapped, lol.

Also please don't nerf Yoshi. He's absolutely amazing. I want Brawl- to REALLY catch on because I will utterly destroy people with him. Get ***** Weegee mainers :chuckle:
Uair....

edit

I can't say anything on ROB even though I've played CPU ROB. Maybe he needs a bit more buffing but doesn't seem far off.
IMO the current ROB needs buffs. Eldiran is a genius PSAer, but boy if he can't make a character broken. :laugh: Ike is also kinda on the light side as far as powers go, AFAIK.
Also... WHY DID YOU REMOVE SSS? I like the custom stage thing, and unless those custom stages can replace useless ones like Hanenbow, you should at the least keep a second codeset up with the SSS codes in for people who want extra stages in. Tabuu FD = win.
Too many having problems with it. Just get the .txt and make your own GCT.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
BPC I consider a 50% chance of having a completely safe movement option extremely broken.

I consider that this movement option also having a hitbox AND can connect to any other move broken.

Any move that offers complete invulnerability and thus no chance for punishment is...while lulzy, directly hampering the ability for the game to be played. <_<

I consider more aerial mobility than Jiggs to be broken.

I consider the first two to be unbelievably broken and makes the game unplayable.

What character am I considering? >.>

Beyond that I think this game is extremely fun...for now.

Otherwise I support the notion to add invincible lagless wavedashing. :012:

NNID
Budget_Player
BPC I consider a 50% chance of having a completely safe movement option extremely broken.

I consider that this movement option also having a hitbox AND can connect to any other move broken.
Wait 50%? I'm assuming you're referring to misfire, but connecting to any other move, and completely safe? Am I missing something?

Also, luigi is definitely getting some nerfs. The dtaunt invincibility is gonna have to go, or get heavily reduced; his air speed is getting a nerf in an odd place, stopping ability (leaving him things like the armada combo but making approaching and recoverying more tricky)... Dunno.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
Ive got a question about the alpha release.

Is it going to have to be run through homebrew? Or will it be something like bbrawl?

I guess what I'm asking is, will you have to hav something on your wii to run it?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Wait 50%? I'm assuming you're referring to misfire, but connecting to any other move, and completely safe? Am I missing something?

Also, luigi is definitely getting some nerfs. The dtaunt invincibility is gonna have to go, or get heavily reduced; his air speed is getting a nerf in an odd place, stopping ability (leaving him things like the armada combo but making approaching and recoverying more tricky)... Dunno.
I mean his dash can trip and the trip has a hitbox and is completely safe. That's just dirty. =V

Also I want you to throw some ideas to me, so that we can get best of both worlds on our rendition of Brawl- Marth?

NNID
Budget_Player
Ive got a question about the alpha release.

Is it going to have to be run through homebrew? Or will it be something like bbrawl?

I guess what I'm asking is, will you have to hav something on your wii to run it?
I'm hoping someone can hook me up with Stacksmash (to run without homebrew) but I don't know how it works lol. Plus the codeset is in a state of serious changes all the time... meh, dunno.

I mean his dash can trip and the trip has a hitbox and is completely safe. That's just dirty. =V

Also I want you to throw some ideas to me, so that we can get best of both worlds on our rendition of Brawl- Marth?
5 jumps and a sonic state upB. :V Then I'm happy. Oh and the Dair huge autocancel window from my old pac might be worth looking into because it is lulzy.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Okay, I'm almost finished with at least an alpha of my Marth-. However, I need guidance/assistance on the things listed in the To-Do List:

Marth-:

DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?lrzmz0mi5mg

MISSION STATEMENT: To pierce the heavens, destroy and rebel against corruption with the magmatic passion within one's heart! ALL HAIL :012:!

[collapse=To-do List:]-Sonic-esque Up+B (can probably program this myself)

Definite helps:
- Get Samus stun effects to show up on Stun flag (14) w/o Samus/ZSS present.
- Be able to use Peach's heart effects to use on KO move tippers.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Attributes:]- Walking acceleration 0->0.36
- Dash Initial Velocity 1.5 -> 1.85
- Run Initial Velocity 1.7 -> 1.99
- Air Mobility 0.07 -> 0.089
- 50% ALR on all aerials, except Dair which gets 11 landing lag frames[/collapse]

[collapse=Jabs]all hits have flag: stun (14)[/collapse]

[collapse=Dash Attack]All hits have:

Angle: 120
KBG: 32
BKB: 80

IASA on frame 30[/collapse]

- Ftilt:

[collapse=Ftilt]Melee-style

Flub: BKB from 30 to 50
Sweetspot: BKB 40 to 80[/collapse]

[collapse=Utilt]IASA on 31 over 41

-Hitboxes shifted and increased to match animation better (RC1)[/collapse]

[collapse=D-tilt: *(subject to change)* ]Marth learns Roy styled sadism!

Angle changed from 30 to 85 KBG from 40 to 58 BKB from 40 to 59 for flubs
Tip: Angle changed to 270 (meteor). electric flag[/collapse]

[collapse=F-smash]Flub angles changed to 30 from (40), damage to 15 from 14
Tip size increased from 3 to 6.5 (but x-offset shifted in 1 unit), 1.5 hitlag increased to 3.0, SDI remains at 0 =V
Outermost flub changed into tip (everyone loved the fatass Melee tip mirite)[/collapse]

[collapse=Usmash]Connecting hitbox sizes increased from 5 to 25[/collapse]

[collapse=Dsmash]Add 30 BKB to all hitboxes (Brawl+ RC1 Marth +10 BKB), all flub hits act like horizontal-sending one + 0.5 hitlag[/collapse]

[collapse=Nair]First hit SDI capacity 1 -> 0, tip of second hit size 4.8->6, 1.6 hitlag

IASA: 50 -> 34[/collapse]

[collapse=Fair]everything "tips": 15% tip: The Gentleman, 7% tip: The Miser.

Tip: (15 damage) angle 60, kbg 30 bkb 45, gets stun flag (14)
flub: (7 damage) angle 60, kbg 30 bkb 45, gets hitstun flag (0F)[/collapse]

[collapse=Bair]Brawl+ version with electric flag on tip

IASA: 40 -> 34[/collapse]

[collapse=Uair]Gentleman's Version

no more "tip"; flub hits only

KBG goes to 50, all flags to 02 (slash)

IASA: 46 -> 34[/collapse]

[collapse=Dair]everything is a ****ing spike (angle 270/"10E"), 1.25 hitlag for all, all use tipper sfx

Auto-cancel frame: 48-> 11
IASA: 60 -> 40[/collapse]

[collapse=Grabs and Throws]- Grabs (Stand and dash, no pivot): Grab box: 7.4

- Grab attack: 'flower' effect obv :012:

- Bthrow: [IASA: 45->40] [4 Dmg; 60->62 KBG; 50->66 BKB; 140*->120*]

- Uthrow: [IASA: N/A->33] [4 Dmg; 120->80 KBG; 60 BKB; 93*]

- Dthrow: Angle 270

Fthrow: No change (vBrawl Fthrow is god anyway obv)[/collapse]

[collapse=Shield Breaker]Grounded versions: IASA on 33 over 42

All hits break shields (80 shield damage), fully-charged hit is OHKO (BKB: 50 -> 130)

Aerial Version (uses aerial final smash dash animation): Aerial momentum at 2 horizontal (4 for fully charged) and given immediate IASA before hitbox for cancel into aerials and jump (specials were considered but currently removed); cancels into wait animation upon ground contact.[/collapse]

Aerial Version has tweaked graphics (no sword glows = no "triple" swords on release)

[collapse=Side-B]

First hit has IASA into Ground Attacks or Air Attacks (no specials) on frame 22

+20 KBG to all finale hits

Dancing Blade Third Neutral:

0x SDI capacity

New features:

Dancing Blade Third Up:

angles 80
KBG: 30
BKB: 80

- all get hitstun flags (0F)
- IASA 26

Dancing Blade Third Down:

- All hits meteor, given all 1.3 hitlag and 50 BKB, given sound flags of d-air tip.
- All flags start with "32" to be transcendent priority like rest of DB (silly Sakurai <3)
- IASA on 24[/collapse]

[collapse=Dolphin Slash]Both hitboxes get 40 degree angles (back hitbox shifted back and slightly more powerful) and 1.2 hitlag, 0.5 SDI

Flub hits:

Weak Hitboxes: 20->50 BKB; 74*->35* (Weak Angle)

[/collapse]

Counter:

Stuns (14) opponent

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping someone can hook me up with Stacksmash (to run without homebrew) but I don't know how it works lol. Plus the codeset is in a state of serious changes all the time... meh, dunno.
I actually tried using the StackSmash method on my friends 4.2 wii last weekend, and it kept freezing, since you were supposed to remove the SD card after you loaded the codes, which wouldn't let the File Patch files load. It was the same even when I tried with the Disable Custom Stages v1.1 code as well >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom