• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

T Bird

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else annoyed at the MASSIVE change in date North American and piddling change of Date Japan? Or did I just get my numbers confused? Cause, this is what, 28 days for us and 7 days for them? Does that sound right?

parvus

Smash Apprentice
sigh... i dont want to even know when it's released in Australia....... they should release a downloadable demo to compensate for this delay...

sheikan7

Smash Cadet
I just hope they make some darn good changes...I'm not how much a month would buy them for more development and stuff. I mean, how much can you add to a game and still mass produce enough for a LOT of people in North America and the rest of the world.

I would much rather have them give an excuse better than "making some changes for the better" or something..

ncstate21

Smash Cadet
ok... all they are gonna do is finish translating so don't expect any special characters. ALSO I HIGHLY DOUBT THERE WILL BE ANOTHER DELAY so hear me out. There wont be another because japans release was only pushed a week, they wouldn't push it only a week to push it again. so everyone relax, once the 31st rolls around, the 9th is pretty much set. Its hard work translating a game..

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
The thing the majority of posters have failed to grasp is that....

THE GAME IS FINISHED AND HAS BEEN FINISHED. ONE WEEK CANNOT BE ENOUGH TO ADD ANOTHER CHARACTER, BALANCE GAMEPLAY OR ADD A BRAND NEW FUNCTION.

Simply put, its not enough time to do anything other than print more copies. Mega Man isn't important enough to warrant a delay, in my opinion.

Now to brandish the flame shield...

ncstate21

Smash Cadet
The thing the majority of posters have failed to grasp is that....

THE GAME IS FINISHED AND HAS BEEN FINISHED. ONE WEEK CANNOT BE ENOUGH TO ADD ANOTHER CHARACTER, BALANCE GAMEPLAY OR ADD A BRAND NEW FUNCTION.

Simply put, its not enough time to do anything other than print more copies. Mega Man isn't important enough to warrant a delay, in my opinion.

Now to brandish the flame shield...
thanks, someone understands....

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Brawl being delayed for the second time is better late than never, I guess...when the game actually comes out, wake me up.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
When it comes out, everyone will forget about the delay.

I mean seriously, look at Half-Life 2. I hardly even remember a delay.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Of course they don't have enough time to add any major stuff, but I think they could be taking out some of the bugs they found

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
When it comes out, everyone will forget about the delay.

I mean seriously, look at Half-Life 2. I hardly even remember a delay.
That is true but you cant compare it to brawl as this is the new console most anticipated game ever, its a blockbuster in my eyes.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I bought my Wii with the sole intention of playing Brawl. If they delay Brawl any further, my Birthday party will be ruined! GAAAHHHH! Hmmm....but I guess a delay of 1 month is better then a delay of 2 months...........sooooooo..........................it's not THAT bad.:urg:

DrLuigi

Smash Rookie
have you noticed that whenever there is a delay we get a lot of good updates that week?

krynny

Smash Cadet
wasnt it said that the game was delayed to print more copies so they would have enough for the launch day? i dont think it has anything to do with fixing any in the game. i think everyone who worked on the game is done.

NRSm@sh

Smash Rookie
Between Time n Space, training to become stronger
wasnt it said that the game was delayed to print more copies so they would have enough for the launch day? i dont think it has anything to do with fixing any in the game. i think everyone who worked on the game is done.
but seriously has a game that was worth buying and had good ratings ever have enough copies for the actual release date? if thats the case its a pretty stupid reason to make us wait again

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
So if it's coming out on January 31st for Japan, 9th of March for Americans... I'm guessing sometime in May for Europe. Or October.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros. on the N64 came out on January 21st 1999 for Japan and didn't come out till November 19th 1999 for Europeans. So it could be any date!

I'm just waiting for a release date soooo bad. I mean, I know they delayed the date for Americans, but Sakurai could AT LEAST give us an estimated time

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Omfg I ********************************* Hate My God **** F***ing Life!!!!! I Was Gonna F*cking Play It And Get It The Day It Came Out In Feb But Nowwwww I Have To Wait Another Month!!!! Jesus F***ing Criste Im Gonna Bust A Cap In Sakurais **** Crooked ***!!!!

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Omfg I ********************************* Hate My God **** F***ing Life!!!!! I Was Gonna F*cking Play It And Get It The Day It Came Out In Feb But Nowwwww I Have To Wait Another Month!!!! Jesus F***ing Criste Im Gonna Bust A Cap In Sakurais **** Crooked ***!!!!
Wow dude, we're all dissapointed but sheesh, calm down will ya?

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
Dude... get a life! There are other things in life besides SSBB. If that's all you have to live for then do us all a favor and end it all now. :grin: Get a girl/boyfriend, or go outside!

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
but seriously has a game that was worth buying and had good ratings ever have enough copies for the actual release date? if thats the case its a pretty stupid reason to make us wait again
I'm actually happy they made the delay, although one month is more than enough time for making all the copies. I'd rather have a release date that I can get my game, rather than a release date where I have to wait another month until I get my reserved copy (while knowing that a lot of other people are playing a game I am dying to play).

Dragonzero

Smash Cadet
WHAT THE ****!?
9th of MARCH!?
OH ****ING HELL!
If that's a horrible delay then get a load of the EU release date.
THE FIRST OF MAY!! I'm gonna commit suicide from this!!
Arghhh!
ahem...
Sorry for that outburst... ...But That simply pisses the hell out of me. -_-;

iMichael

Smash Lord
They had to make more copies, because of people like me...who are buying two copies of the game =D

AdeptLoki

Smash Rookie
I don't mind the delay since Japan delay is only a week so we will still know the full roster soon; but if both were delayed a month I think I would really ticked.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
Thought this was funny
I was on google news( bored typed in smash brawl and saw this

'Super Smash Bros. Brawl' (Wii) - 10 New Screens & Trailer
WorthPlaying.com, CA - Jan 16, 2008
Super Smash Bros. Brawl features a sprawling adventure mode called "The Subspace Emissary" that's a full game in and of itself. Players jump and brawl their ...
Brawl delayed, thousands die, Famitsu gives high praise

Top Bottom