• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
You know what, I hope Brawl does sell less because of this delay. I hope it doesn't sell half as much as Halo 3. F*cking NOA needs to learn to put their customers before their pocketbooks.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, it would have made me "F" my midterms, anyway, so hey, now after I pass 'em, I'll have Brawl as a reward.

Plus I'll be getting it the Saturday before, so it's kind of okay for me.

Gigan X3

Smash Apprentice
You know what, I hope Brawl does sell less because of this delay. I hope it doesn't sell half as much as Halo 3. F*cking NOA needs to learn to put their customers before their pocketbooks.
To what end? It would only affect everyone in a bad way, Bad reputation to Nintendo would mean a 2nd Gamecube.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Meh oh well XD I don't really mind anyways. I'm getting Devil May Cry 4 on Feb. 5 so that will easily help me tide over. Also, forget about not spoiling myself, I'm checking the whole roster when it comes out in Japan!
"Devil May Cry?!!?!? Let that b**** cry He killed my hamster".... I always wanted to say

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
...They HAD to announce olimar and make me happy, but also delay the game...

...by the time this comes out, there will be NO hype and it will sell terribly because no one will know when it comes out...all i can say is screw you nintendo, epic fail move...ONCE again...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
The problem is, it doesn't matter how much of Nintendo's reputation is butchered, you're still buying the game. They don't care in the slightest. That is what's the most bothersome. I don't care how stressed Sakurai might be, Melee is nowhere near completion, in terms of character balance, glitches, and problems with characters and physics, and it still is one of the greatest games ever made. IT'S DONE, SAKURAI. RELEASE IT.

And whoever says their delaying for development----They only stalled it ONE WEEK in japan. What POSSIBLE use could that week have besides printing more copies of the game? None.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
I KNOW SERIOUSLY! i say if america (and ESPECIALLY europe) get screwed by a month (and even more for europe) what could they do to the game? all they really need to do, is translate!

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
I'm so mad right now so I'll try to think positively..... ummmm..... grr screw you nintendo.... uhhh....
Well there were a couple games coming out in February that I want, but was going to pass up because of Brawl, but I guess I'll get them now. That's the only positive thing I could think of...

Patinator

Smash Champion

Who wants to join my "We Hate Sakurai" club? I'm serious! Already got a member! PM if ya do, lol!

So anyway... I officially give up. Forget spoilers. I am NOT, repeat NOT giving up Smashboards for a whole month just because of stupid SUCKurai.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Meh oh well XD I don't really mind anyways. I'm getting Devil May Cry 4 on Feb. 5 so that will easily help me tide over. Also, forget about not spoiling myself, I'm checking the whole roster when it comes out in Japan!
"Devil May Cry?!!?!? Let that b**** cry He killed my hamster".... I always wanted to say

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
i'm so fed up with nintendo. they have done this so many times.
they need to pick a date, stick with it, work hard, and complete the game by that date.
this is ridiculous.

yeah! maybe Sakurai and nintendo are leaving those things to the last minute, like I do with my homework:(:(:(

goblue86

Smash Rookie
the only acceptable reason for delaying brawl even longer is MEGAMAN. but still, they shouldnt have to spend all that time working on 1 character, unless they make him as good as can be. i hope this time is to add megaman and at least one more character and one more stage, because this is ridiculous!

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
there is no way they'll be able to determine if this delay caused a low market sale because they have nothing to compare it to. it hasnt been released yet, so how would they know THIS delay is what caused low sales when it could have been poor marketing or something else?

C3CC

Smash Lord
I hate Sakurai. I HATE HIM! Why to delay the game?! If this stupid delay it's for Megaman that will be the worst choice ever. MEGAMAN CAN'T BE IN BRAWL!

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
There's no way anyone can say this is because of adding another character. I don't understand why they never give a reason. Never. Like it would hurt for us to know why it's taking longer. I wouldn't care if it were like another week or something for us too. That's not that bad. A month though, announced basically RIGHT BEFORE the game comes out that, that's a problem. If they had announced this back in December or something, maybe I wouldn't think of it as bad.

So who thinks the Japanese version will have a switch to English feature like our Melee had switch to Japanese? If I knew that for sure and didn't think that the markup on an import would be about 600% with 40 bucks shipping added just to profit from it twice, I would do that. I think Japan's just doing this to get back at us for the atomic bombs.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I'm usually not so critical, but you're all dumb.
There's absolutely NO WAY this delay can be used for developmental purposes. The game got delayed ONE WEEK in Japan. What can be accomplished in one week besides printing more copies? Nothing.

They've OBVIOUSLY already started printing the game. They're not going to to back, add more content, and RE-PRINT ALL the copies of the game they've already printed.

And 2182master, it's in the NOTICE section on top.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes, but Halo 2 was never actually released in Japan. To this day.
Japan doesn't like FPS. And if they truely care about us, how come Japan got only a one week delay=??? You can't do S*** WITH A WEEK!

And for the last time-SAKURAI DID NOT DO THIS, IT WAS NINTENDO! Nintendo's marketing and politics are pulling this, while Sakurai focuses SOLEY ON MAKING THE GAME! And since Nintendo denies us "the fan's game", it makes me wonder if it's "the fan's game". It might just be called "Japan's game right about now."

Edit: What Kabyk-Greenmyst said.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...................................................................................................................................................................................................... and we didnt even get an awsome update, reggie and sakurai have both lied to us i dont think i can trust nintendo.

johniam22

Smash Rookie
I sware if I see another post claiming the delay was about Megaman....:mad: the game is finished people!!!!!!!!!

On a depressing note brawl comes out a *DAY* before standardized test week for me. How frikin lucky. Ah well time to focus on my social life..

KMB23

Smash Journeyman
How f*cking irresponsible to get a game hyped up, and yet again delayed just days before its schedualed release. I am honestly sick and tired of this. Anyone who claims "meh, it's just one month, i want a better game anyways." has no idea what they are saying. As a few other people said, you don't stop the printing of a game to add one new character. Completely ridiculous. They could at least had a better explanation than "I am deeply sorry." this is one of the biggest games of the year, and Nintendo just messed it up. Now on to another month of complete crap updates.

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
I just wish that the reason wasn't purely for marketing. There's no way that they're still working on the game and plan on releasing it on the 31st in Japan.

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
How f*cking irresponsible to get a game hyped up, and yet again delayed just days before its schedualed release. I am honestly sick and tired of this. Anyone who claims "meh, it's just one month, i want a better game anyways." has no idea what they are saying. As a few other people said, you don't stop the printing of a game to add one new character. Completely ridiculous. They could at least had a better explanation than "I am deeply sorry." this is one of the biggest games of the year, and Nintendo just messed it up. Now on to another month of complete crap updates.

I agree completely

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry, I think we'll still run into Nintendo fanboys who think that they're infallible and think this delay will make the game perfect!

Well I'm throughly pissed.

EDIT: If the online play isn't absolutely incredible after this delay this game will be a disappointment.

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
***17 HOURS AGO***

*Goes on Comp*

*Goes on Gamefaqs*

*Remembers update*

*Goes on Dojo*

*Goes on Gamefaqs again*

*Sees Rumours of Delays*

*Laughs Hard*

*Goes on Dojo

*Long Pause*

"DEAR GOD I HAVE NO REASON TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD!!!!!"

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
QFT...all of it!

"Well at least the game will have more characters."

Ya, because one week is enough time! [sarcasm]

"The game will be more balanced"

A little, but not much. But wait...why does that matter with the North American release date=??? EXACTLY!

Besides, the game can be balanced via online.

"The American version will have extra content"

Ya right. Not just does Nintendo love Japan and not care too much about North America with smash, but they've pulled unbearable s*** with smash before. Kirby's Final Smash music only on the Japanese dojo, Sakurai's Melee and Brawl polls BOTH being Japan-only polls, exclusive Famitsu and Coro-Coro Comics pictures and videos, and now Japan gets the game over 7 weeks before everyone. It's absolutely pathetic. Nintendo fails just for that.

Sage of Pwnage

Smash Apprentice
**** now my article in our school magazine is off. And too bad its on the printer jeez. Now what am I going to do my second semester senior year! Well I'm going to buy Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid, and that Mario Sonic Olympic game, that will make me feel better! I can't even use my adapter for wifi unless i get a wifi game! Brawl would have been nice in February now...urg!

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
Ya right. Not just does Nintendo love Japan and not care too much about North America with smash, but they've pulled unbearable s*** with smash before. Kirby's Final Smash music only on the Japanese dojo, Sakurai's Melee and Brawl polls BOTH being Japan-only polls, exclusive Famitsu and Coro-Coro Comics pictures and videos, and now Japan gets the game over 7 weeks before everyone. It's absolutely pathetic. Nintendo fails just for that.
I totally agree. I wouldn't mind another all around delay. The first delay pushed back all releases relatively the same. I just don't get why America (and probably PAL too) are getting F'd up the A. Does it really take that long to print X copies of the game? Is it because of other releases that they're pushing it back? Are they afraid Brawl will kill the sales of other games that release at the same time? It's all speculation. All I have to say is that it better be the LAST delay. I swear, if Nintendo delays the US and PAL releases after Japan already has the game, I'm calling shenanigans. Now where did I put my broomstick....? :mad:

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Ummmm...:dizzy:

So many release date changes makes me sad...

I get so excited for nothing at all.

Looks like we will be playing Melee for a little longer than expected.

And seriously this better be the best **** game ever made...

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
You're right! You should not buy the game. That will teach them to delay a game in order to make it as good as humanly possible.

For that matter, I hope you never bought Ocarina of Time. Or any Blizzard game ever.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I kinda snapped when I heard the news and ordered a japanese wii and pre ordered *** brawl... oh well too late now!

Guess Ill be able to play it in February.

Top Bottom