• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Jacobcc

Smash Journeyman
Ok, thats all well and good but what about Europe?..when will brawl ship over here?..i mean c'mon are they really taking the piss? there are so many SSB fans living in Europe and half of us don't even know a solid release date yet?..what i'm moreless saying is that Japan and America have had a release date from day 1, but when will Nintendo finally announce Europe's release? it just donsnt add up!..

Elysium

Smash Lord
Ok, thats all well and good but what about Europe?..when will brawl ship over here?..i mean c'mon are they really taking the piss? there are so many SSB fans living in Europe and half of us don't even know a solid release date yet?..what i'm moreless saying is that Japan and America have had a release date from day 1, but when will Nintendo finally announce Europe's release? it just donsnt add up!..
I think I read somewhere May 1st....

YoshiAngemon

Smash Cadet
It could be worse, the Europeans won't be getting the game until Christmas! Then that would be MAJOR torture enough to not only have them commit suicide, but to also cancel a bunch of pre-orders for the game. Meanwhile, Nintendo's probably figuring out what to give out as a Pre-order Bonus, like a Complete Multi-Disc Soundtrack for the game, or how about the Player's Guide, Special Edition?

fireyboy345

Smash Cadet
first of all for the europeans. u speak english, all u have to due is buy a action replay and a north american copy of the game. its called ebay. but still i feel for u guys.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Pfft, you guys are so pathetic.

You guys are totally missing wh ythis delay is so much better than Feb 10th.

-Online bug fixed (reason)
-IT'S RELEASED ON THE WEEK SPRING BREAK STARTS, OR should start soon. BE HAPPY. Playing Brawl after school and on weekends in February isn't nearly as good as playing Brawl all spring break.

'OOOH I GONNA KILL SAKURAI'

No. Fail. Stop.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Zomg!! Real Reason For The Delay!!

I hope there are people who get it... This'll probably be my sig sooner or later for its epicness. XP

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
What's your problem, Europeans? Just import the US or NTSC version. At least if you have a modchip that allows region free playing, like mine ;-). I mean wtf, USA gets it in March, we get it in May? And Japan maybe even earlier? I won't wait another 4 months! Even if I have to play the JAPanese version, I will do so until the PAL release. I won't mind unlocking everything for the JAPanese, NTSC and PAL version separately 8).

//EDIT

This was my first post? o.O Oh well..

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
What's your problem, Europeans? Just import the US or NTSC version. At least if you have a modchip that allows region free playing, like mine ;-). I mean wtf, USA gets it in March, we get it in May? And Japan maybe even earlier? I won't wait another 4 months! Even if I have to play the JAPanese version, I will do so until the PAL release. I won't mind unlocking everything for the JAPanese, NTSC and PAL version separately 8).

//EDIT

while modding a wii seems like a simple solution for most, i personally have more than $300 worth of virtual console games on my system... i really cannot risk it getting bricked or whatever

Dragonzero

Smash Cadet
:/

//EDIT

Easier said then done. Especially when your parents are too chicken to buy online. >_>
Well, I have to say sorry for going a little overboard back there, but in most sites where you can preorder Brawl it's said that the game comes out in May.
Not to mention the proven fact that the PAL versions most of the times(if not always) are released 2 months after the US release.
So that kinda got me really angry.
I'll try and be patient, after all what choice do I have? lol

GiroNatsu

Smash Rookie
If its already finished, why do they need to translate? In melee there was an option to switch between languages.

or maybe the Japanese version doesn't have this? doubtful...

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
If you follow one or two simple rules, you won't get bricked. Besides, with a modded Wii you can burn ROMs and emulators [of games and consoles you legally own of course ;)] onto a DVD and play it on your Wii. God knows it's much cheaper, and you have a lot more games at an instant! It works perfectly for most normal consoles like SNeS.

Rash

Smash Ace
They can't change anything. That's exactly it.

The delay for Japan and at least partly for America is because of shipments.

Nibblor

Smash Rookie
see it positive my american buddies - atleast you know when brawl will be released. we europeans have to hope that the rumors about the EU-launch in july(JULY!) isn't true...

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
What is the big problem? It's translating it into a few languages and shipping it. It doesn't take that long. I would get my Wii chipped, but I remember I got my PS1 chipped and that broke after two years.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
why do they keep delaying this game? japan gets delayed a week, but we're delayed a month. they should have been making copies of the game early on.

Now, whoever said that they'd throw Sakurai off a biulding shouting "YOU MUST RECOVER", I expect results in the next week...

LOL.

FerreTrip

Smash Cadet
AGAIN?! ...Spin the other way!

Well this day has been a ****ing **** hole for ME! God **** IT!. My computer breaks, my speech teacher is a conceited ***** and Brawl got delayed again the world seems to be celbrating take a big old dump on Adder day today!

Ouch...and I just woke up...

But MAN ALIVE, am I TICKED OFF!! First the Packers lose after a miraculous launch into overtime, and now I gotta wait ANOTHER phucking month for my preordered game to arrive?! Aw, dammit!! >:( I know the game's gonna be better, but SHEESH, what on EARTH would take so long to translate?! I mean, the Japanese still get theirs at the end of this month!! Translation never takes THAT long!! (I'll bet they're doing something else...like deleting that awesome trophy of the Ouendan I saw on a vid on YouTube said to be from the Japanese Wii.com...or, if you desire an optimist from me, re-recording Sonic's lines with Drummand.)
Regardless, once the J. ver.'s out, we can just head over to GameFAQs and find out the full character roster there, if anything, from an importer's guide. Then it'll finally be settled: Will Mewtwo be in or not?! (And how, other than a different <->B, will Bowser be different?)

Top Prospect

Smash Apprentice
Based in Chicago; straight outta the Twinkie Barge
Although more time makes for more development, which makes for a better, smoother game...ARE YOU FRICKN KIDDN ME????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? THIS ABSOL-ahem, excuse me. This absolutely put some sharp unwieldy yet blunt object right through my torso. All of it. Not A lung, not A rib, not A shoulder blade...all of it. It's like Mortal Kombat's own Reiko gave me that MK4 Finisher; nothin but arms, legs, and a head now.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
****ing brawl noobs plz GTFO. You're making SWF lag like a *****. The game isn't OUT yet so theres not much to talk about. Please just leave.
Smash World Forums is made for ALL smash bros lovers: casual, pros, annoying, or serious. no one has the right to tell people to leave except for a moderator, and they do that sparingly.

QUOTE=Top Prospect;3773923]Well, I guess it could've been worse. It could've been released in Smarch, the fabled 13th month of the year. Then we'd have to go through that stupid Smarch weather to get to the big Brawl. brrrrr[/QUOTE]

the game is being released in japan in 5 days. there is no more development, the delay for both areas was so they can manufacture enough discs to reach the # of reserved games and for discs for the people who havnt reserved it. they're arnt going to add anything that hasn't already been added.

Smash Ace
meh.......
when they say March 09, they mean March 2009 lol
just my thoughts, but I have no room to complain, seeing as my contribution to the game's developement only inolves me sitting on my butt typing up this post.
=2007=

RevN

Smash Apprentice
Bro the game is DONE for japan... idk y WE have to wait 2 more months for Brawl when japan version is finished. Will there be something different besides the language?

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
The column on the right side still only says 2008. And if it's true, HELL I will buy the NTSC version for sure!

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Bro the game is DONE for japan... idk y WE have to wait 2 more months for Brawl when japan version is finished. Will there be something different besides the language?
Are you kidding me? We don't even have to wait a month and a half! We only have 38 days! That's hardly even over a month!

Geez, Americans need to stop whining. I am American too, but atleast I'm excited about the release date.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Are you kidding me? We don't even have to wait a month and a half! We only have 38 days! That's hardly even over a month!

Geez, Americans need to stop whining. I am American too, but atleast I'm excited about the release date.
Yep, it will come quickly.

At least thats what I keep telling myself, I'm way too hyped right now, more then ever after the huge amount of info we got.

38 more days...

Top Bottom