• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
How come my local EB Games says it comes out March 1st??!!!??!!? Please tell me they're joking! I can't wait much longer!!!

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
They're just BSing you. It's still Feb 10 2008
How do you know for sure? Canadian dates are sometimes later than American ones, but usually by a couple weeks at the most. If its true for Canada, I will order the game from Amazon.

Cervantes

Smash Rookie
Don't believe anything unless Sakurai specifically states it on the Dojo. Anything else is not true/confirmed.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
If March 1st is the PAL release date, then **** I'll be kinda annoyed, but also relieved a little that it isn't something extravagant like Q3 2008

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know there was a country named March 1st. Have you been there? Is it really always march 1st there? I want to know more.
lol.. well, than which march 1st is Brawl releasing there?

but yea, dont believe anything unless its on the website(good thing the games coming out before april 1st, or that statement could potentially be false) stores get games shipped before they release, not after, so you shouldnt worry. and, because we are only 20 some days from the japonese release date, they wont delay it, they gave us over a months notice about the delay, so it wont be an extravagant delay.(or any delay)

40 days till Brawl in America!!!

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
good news ppl, I just emailed walmart about there march SSBB realease date and this is what I got.

Dear customer,
My name is Raul, and I am with the Walmart.com Customer Service Team. Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. I am writing to let you know that, as specified on the Walmart.com item page, the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii is being sold as a prerelease. Theestimated release date for this item is March 9, 2007. Release date is subject change, and could be earlier or later than the estimated date, depending on the manufacturers release date. For more information, you may contact the manufacturer for the exact date of release. The item will be shipped promptly after it has been released, and the method of payment will not be billed until the item has shipped. customer, I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for visiting Walmart.com. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to your next visit. If we may be of further assistance, please email us at help@walmart.com.We're here to serve you 7 days a week! Sincerely, RaulCustomer Service at Walmart.com

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
good news ppl, I just emailed walmart about there march SSBB realease date and this is what I got.

Dear customer,
My name is Raul, and I am with the Walmart.com Customer Service Team. Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. I am writing to let you know that, as specified on the Walmart.com item page, the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii is being sold as a prerelease. Theestimated release date for this item is March 9, 2007. Release date is subject change, and could be earlier or later than the estimated date, depending on the manufacturers release date. For more information, you may contact the manufacturer for the exact date of release. The item will be shipped promptly after it has been released, and the method of payment will not be billed until the item has shipped. customer, I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for visiting Walmart.com. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to your next visit. If we may be of further assistance, please email us at help@walmart.com.We're here to serve you 7 days a week! Sincerely, RaulCustomer Service at Walmart.com
weird...maybe i should email them as well...

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Official Brawl Delay Thread

As you're probably aware, Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been pushed back to a March 9 release date in the Americas, and a January 31 release date in Japan.

Please do not make any more threads about this topic.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529

WHAT.THE.FACK.SAKURAI

Why a WHOLE MONTH?? The Japanese get a week and we get a month??? There will be riots.

/wrists

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
God dammit i don't care about fun silly games on how to get trophies or how to get stickers. Most people won't care about it a month after brawl comes out. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THIS SILLY THINGS SAKURAI CONCENTRATE ON THE ACTUAL GAME ITSELF AND FORGET ABOUT ALL THAT SILLY STUFF. I wanna get brawl to smash not to play silly mini games.

This image captures how i felt today.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what's going to happen with Magazines that have Brawl set as their cover issues for February. Perhaps leak (doubt it) information that wasn't supposed to come out until the original release date? Was Nintendo Power's cover for February going to be Brawl?

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
lol, glad I actually consider it a win-win situation.

another delay = much higher chance of a few more major tourneys being hosted before the game is out

no delay = get to play brawl lol

this is easy XD.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
I think they just did it because they can. They have no real reason. Its the ultimate mind game.

Nah, seriously, I don't know what's left that they could really be working on, but I have an idea as to why there has been so much delay.

Sora is a brand new studio. Even if most of the developers are pros, a new studio can bring lots of hangups. They've probably had to spend quite a while just getting everything running smoothly.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
So Japan gets an extra week to wait. And US gets a MONTH?!

WTF is this. Why do we get more delay than they do?

Shenz0r

Smash Apprentice
My anticipation just got shot down, strangled and sent rotting down the deepest dumps of all dumps.

WHERE.IS.MY.EUROPEAN.RELEASE.DATE.

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me one moment...

GO****IT SON OF A ***** PIECE OF **** **** NOA **** **** ***** *********$&*^$*&$%#@%$#!$^*******

'Kay, I feel better now.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I am pissed beyond belief. We finally get the release down to 26 days and this **** more then doubles it... Who's to say they won't delay it again till June... I swear this is so stupid... They need to get their **** together and hire more help or plan things out on a time table and stick to it... They only reason I can see that america get 1 months delay while japan gets 1 week is they need to make more to fill the preorders.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling it's to produce enough copies for the Americas... Or even to stockpile Wiis to meet the expected demand. Most of Nintendo's profits come from US/Canada, so they need to make sure they don't fall short... More is always better than not enough :C

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Wow, what a wonderful back to school present, Nintendo...

A mere week delay in Japan isn't enough to add new content (unless it's something that already had been added that they just got the go ahead to use) but we have to wait a whole month for it. Geez.

Folks, just keep repeating the mantra:

"Gonna have it forever. Gonna have it forever. Gonna have it forever."

C'mon now...

Top Bottom