• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
This time, the delay was supposedly due to a shortage of Wii optical discs. It's not a bit of extra programming time, but a physical barrier preventing the game from being mass-produced. Wii optical discs take some time to manufacture, and they're obviously being made for more games than just Brawl, plus some extra blank discs as a buffer so that this doesn't happen again in the future. If there's anyone to blame, it's not Sakurai, but the Wii for selling so well. So don't worry about yet another delay. Unless there's a natural disaster and all WOD manufacturers are shut down, there's not going to be another delay.
I'd be far more sympathetic to this reasoning if it weren't for the compressed sewage with cute labels like "Alvin And The Chimpunks" cluttering the store shelves.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
Could we stop with the optimistic posts already. Yes we know we are overacting just let us be and take out our frustration by TYPING IN CAPS AND CALLING NINTENDO FUDGE PACKERS :mad:
oh joy more leaked rosters and more updates. YAY :):):):)

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
So who wants to guess what this delay is for?

My guess is some kind of hard drive crash, resulting in the loss of some data. It probably happened a few weeks ago, and they'd been trying to redo it all, but they ended up needing a little more time.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i still say BRAWL!!!!! COMING SOON HOLLIDAY O8!!!!

unless they really do need more time to actually make copies, then yeah it'll be march. if they are still working on the game and adding crap, it'll be longer.

but if the problem is that it is taking this long for them to make copies, WHY THE DICKWIPE HASNT IT GONE GOLD YET?????????

And if it HAS gone gold, but they just want more time to make copies, screw them in the ****. they should tell everybody to stop reserving, and just send out copies for those who already reserved, then let the stragglers deal with a shortage for a month. sweet woman's hotdog holder this is retarted.

and screw checking updates. who gives a crap anymore. Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves. THERE ARE COMMERCIALS AIRING AND MAGAZINES DOING BRAWL COVER STORIES AT THIS POINT.

Masahiro Sakurai and his Nintendo team seriously need to be disciplined for this, and if not them somebody at Nintendo does.

The hype for this game has just gone down, down, down. I wonder how many reservations will be cancelled, and midnight launches will be cancelled due to this.

No more hype. This was the Halo 3 of the Wii, now people will just not care anymore. One day they'll walk into a store and be like oh, Brawl came out. I wonder if i should by that or Hannah Montanna Sing Star, or the 900th NAH-roo-TOE game to come out on the Wii and PS2 only.

I am so sick of waiting. I want this game now, and I sure as piss better have the roster soon.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
MRun. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Its only an extra month for an awesome game! Patience.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

unless they really do need more time to actually make copies, then yeah it'll be march. if they are still working on the game and adding crap, it'll be longer.

but if the problem is that it is taking this long for them to make copies, WHY THE DICKWIPE HASNT IT GONE GOLD YET?????????

And if it HAS gone gold, but they just want more time to make copies, screw them in the ****. they should tell everybody to stop reserving, and just send out copies for those who already reserved, then let the stragglers deal with a shortage for a month. sweet woman's hotdog holder this is retarted.

and screw checking updates. who gives a crap anymore. Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves. THERE ARE COMMERCIALS AIRING AND MAGAZINES DOING BRAWL COVER STORIES AT THIS POINT.

Masahiro Sakurai and his Nintendo team seriously need to be disciplined for this, and if not them somebody at Nintendo does.

The hype for this game has just gone down, down, down. I wonder how many reservations will be cancelled, and midnight launches will be cancelled due to this.

No more hype. This was the Halo 3 of the Wii, now people will just not care anymore. One day they'll walk into a store and be like oh, Brawl came out. I wonder if i should by that or Hannah Montanna Sing Star, or the 900th NAH-roo-TOE game to come out on the Wii and PS2 only.

I am so sick of waiting. I want this game now, and I sure as piss better have the roster soon.
Goodness, you'll have your freaking roster one week later than expected. Fine, don't check the Dojo, no one cares what you do. Some people are just being really spoiled. What happened to being able to wait for a good game?

turbo_ja

Smash Apprentice
son of a ***** this actually brings my piss to a boil

i bought my wii in october hoping to playing in dec, lets hope this game is released for the wii...****ing..

Stado

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, am I one of the few people that actually expected a delay for both the Japan and North American releases for some time now? I know Brawl was supposed to have been released in Japan less than two weeks from now, but even till the very moment I saw the confirmation of such a delay on the Dojo, I believed there would be one. I could just feel it in my bones; quite literally, it was nothing more than a gut feeling. Still, it seems I was right, 'though, sadly, I wish I weren't.

Anyhow, I think what I'm trying to say is that I think the announcement of yet another delay is affecting me far less than most of you simply because I've been expecting another delay since before Christmas. And either way, only another week was tacked onto the Japanese release, so we really only have to wait an additional week to find out all we can about the game. I'm really rather unaffected by all this, so I'm sure I'll be able to wait for even the extended North American release.

MRun

Smash Cadet

If the hype for this game has gone down, why are there so many people complaining? If there's no hype left, why do people care so much about this delay that they piss and moan all over message boards everywhere?

If they really lost all hype, they would simply just stop following the game. If that was the case, we wouldn't be having this conversation because neither of us would be on Smashboards talking about the delay.

Perhaps consciously people are put off by the delay, but beneath that, they realize that this game has been in development for so long that it must be good. That excitement boils up within them and comes out as anger over the delay; in truth, they now want the game more than ever. Like you said, you're sick of waiting; you "want this game now, and [you] sure as piss better have the roster soon," when just yesterday, you were willing to wait another half of a month until February 10.

How is that a loss of hype? It seems like an increase to me.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Well this just pushes PAL regions release date back a whole freakin' year. I may be exaggerating, but don't be surprised if it is.

And I was looking forward to the fact that the roster would have had a week to be fully revealed before I go back to scool. But now everything is going to be revealed WHILE IM AT SCHOOL!

GAIOUWRAHUWDAHIDGAADBAWDKAJNDAOIWDHAIU!

SOJ

Smash Journeyman

QFT

10char

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
If the hype for this game has gone down, why are there so many people complaining? If there's no hype left, why do people care so much about this delay that they piss and moan all over message boards everywhere?

If they really lost all hype, they would simply just stop following the game. If that was the case, we wouldn't be having this conversation because neither of us would be on Smashboards talking about the delay.

Perhaps consciously people are put off by the delay, but beneath that, they realize that this game has been in development for so long that it must be good. That excitement boils up within them and comes out as anger over the delay; in truth, they now want the game more than ever. Like you said, you're sick of waiting; you "want this game now, and [you] sure as piss better have the roster soon," when just yesterday, you were willing to wait another half of a month until February 10.

QFT

10char lol

Bash20

Smash Rookie
o crap this its a super bad news i have been waiting for brawl for months
same happens with nintendo ds they sayid i will not lauch ds lite and after they lauched

nintendo sucks!!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
One of the biggest questions of the night: HOW THE MECHA-**** COULD THEY HAVE HONESTLY EXPECTED A DECEMBER 3RD 2007 LAUNCH?

i really need to turn myself off of brawl so i can just not care for a while. but i know i wont be able to

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
This really just killed my "the game is so close I can taste it" feeling...

I guess just one more week until japan gets it...

but we get delayed an entire month... that time between Feb 1st and March 9 is going to be PAINFUL...

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
LOL i cant wait to laugh at the people who yell "ZOMG FEBRUARY 11TH UPDATE IS GONNA BE TEH MEGAMANRIDLEY!!!!!!"

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
As sudden as this one was... something very awkard must have happened.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I have a feeling, when we get to feb 15th, Sakurai will say the american version has been cancelled, haha this game is only for japanese!!!! In your Face!!!

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
maybe a sora employee was assassinated or something...

I can't think of any other reason why they'd do this to us... :urg:

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
This delay doesnt make no damm sence what so ever.To be honest,I actually was expecting the early one when Sonic was annouced and excepted it.But no bro,not 20 fking days before its released.Unless they wanna make this game 100% bug free when its released which is not possible btw.

Sakurai: "Iam sorry,the game is currently under delevopment,and coming out...whenever the @#!@$ I feel it SHOULD! There! HA With that said,the new release date is Jan 31,2035.Thats right boys :chuckle:,all kinds of delays and pump fakes up in here.I evade more ship dates than Randy Moss juking tackles!!Take that to the bank with ya partner!!"

Thats my impression on Sakurai's corny a$$ from now until whenever this game is gonna come out.I get this feeling we have been witnessing a lier 1st hand. :embarrass

This game anit coming in March...

Lol Darkraid,you cheered me up a little. :)

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
GAH!!!! MOTHER****ING ****. ****it he should just delay the thing till June 2008, atleast it'll be the start of summer with a better Smash bros... I DEMAND DOUBLE UPDATES EVERYDAY GRRR!!!

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
I seriously can't believe how mad i am rite now. I really wish i could just erase dis game from my mind. So tired of getting my hopes up 4 nothing. I'd love to understand why japan got just a one week delay and we get an entire month! Wow seriously dis is such bull ****

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
meh, i dont want a game with tons of bugs and glitches in it
they sure as balls better not be still working on crap like that. if this isnt just because they need more time to fill orders, then it will be delayed again. And it better go gold like tomorrow.

Uchiharakiri

Smash Journeyman

Stop trying to defend the delay. This is not a half of a month delay we're talking about here this is 50+ days we're talking about and I counted as I'm sure everyone else on these boards has. Sure, we want the game, so what that's obvious, but right now I don't feel like even checking the Dojo for updates is worth it any more with this delay, that's how disappointed I am. It still stands that you among us have the virtue of patience, some of us don't. The developers have a commitment to get the game out towards us the consumers and we are obliged to pay them for this, and it is fact that the more they delay it the less deserving they are of us paying it. So they rely on us, those that will swallow this crap of a delay down to help them along with sales.

There is little an excuse, if anything to delay this game. The game is DONE, it's completely done, it's coming out in Japan in -a week-, there is no way they would release in Japan a game so riddled with stuff to fix that it would require 50 days to fix for the Americas release. Very little. And all we get from Sakurai is not even an explanation, just a statement. It's not about disc shortages, it's not about Wii shortages, it's completion of the game. Yet it -is- complete already, so why is it delayed...? Localization, is there really -that- much to translate, can it -really- be that hard to translate with a skilled localization team working every day?

The more someone wants something, the more angry and disappointed they'll be when they realize they're not getting that thing on the date promised. So ask yourself this, how much do you want Brawl, because the people telling others to calm down and wait for a game that's delayed to be made SUPAR MOAR GREAT, don't seem all that angry or disappointed to me at all. Or maybe they're just patient. So tell you what, folks, be angry, type all in caps; punch a baby in the stomach I don't care. We want this game, bad, so what if we're impatient, maybe we have a -little- right to be seeing as we'll be the ones paying for the game.

As for me however, I think these few posts be the last posts I'll make here until the release heck I'm pretty determined on not checking on the Dojo from now on, I can't possibly handle anymore prophets or the eventual release of the roster and the knowing entirety of what the game will be once it's released in Japan and gathered here; with the delay bored straight into the back of my head. When the date was Feb 10 I could readily handle that, just not anymore. I'm just a disappointedly disheartened fan of the game deep down, that is the reasoning for that; and I think it's very valid. So fans, rally on in here on this delay thread, let's see how you really feel and stop kidding yourselves, unleash the caps f**king fury, ranters.

Only way I'll feel the equivalent of all the hype I've felt up until now about the Dojo, to me, is if I forget about it and on the day of release, buy it and see the entirety of the game with my own two eyes, fresh and live and not from some screenshots or Youtube videos. So yeah, I don't know what you're talking about "hype", in about a week, the game will be out, in less than two weeks after that will you know everything about the game, you will know how everything will work; and it might even make you want it more sure, but the hype will be all gone. But you'll have to wait for it some more, and then some more. Ever heard of a little thing called blue balls, yeah, thats right. Maybe people like -you- love having blue balls but not me.

I do hate being envious.

Top Bottom