• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
All I can say is that they better be using this time to create better stuff, and by better, I mean more characters and stages.....there is no exceptional reason for this delay unless they found a huge bug or if they decided to add more content.

And if we get a sh*tty roster out of this, then I've lost faith for Nintendo and Sakurai......
Dude, since the game is only delayed a week in Japan I would NOT count on new content. The delay is NOT for adding content, I can put a 100% guarantee on that statement.

I'm telling you, I really think it has to do with demand issues.

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
Hehs, Aki-toriko.

You know how much I am looking forward to this? Now the Japanese version I was going to order is being delayed by a week. Come on, by now they should be near completion if not completed the game.

*sigh* I can't believe this. I guess I will have to wait.

Shenz0r

Smash Apprentice
**** sakurai....**** THIS ****

now we'll know the whole ****ign game before it comes out and the game will never be as great in most of our eyes..WE will be sooo familiar with this game coem march 9th, that it wont leave as lasting an impression as it once could have...

I might be doen with NINTENDO...**** YOU SAKURAI YOU ****ING CHINK!
*headdesk*

This is what makes me lose faith in humanity.

Would you rather have the game after a month's delay or not have it at all?

Sakurai made this game because he wanted to. Heck, he even gave us updates to feed on. Grow up.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
*headdesk*

This is what makes me lose faith in humanity.

Would you rather have the game after a month's delay or not have it at all?

Sakurai made this game because he wanted to. Heck, he even gave us updates to feed on. Grow up.
That's an easy question, I would much rather have the game. Even after a year delay. Come on, people, I know I might be annoyingly upbeat about this, but this is ridiculous.

Shenz0r

Smash Apprentice
Well, we can't do anything about it, unless you go bombard Nintendo with millions bunchs of emails. So, bickering isn't really going to help, is it?

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Oh, get over yourself.:laugh:

Im frustrated...I have every right to be, the guys at nintendo screwed up and by accepting this delay your just sending the message that what they are doing isn't wrong...Don't be so condesending and grow a pair bud.
I don't think it is right to use racial slurs. And I am pretty sure it is against the forum rules. And what do you mean grow a pair? I just called you out on being a racist, what does growing a pair have to do with anything?

And it isn't like I don't think the delay isn't wrong or hurts a little, but let's be realistic. No company likes to delay a product. That only hurts themselves. The game will come out, and I am trying to prepare people for the fact that they aren't delaying it to put in 5 more characters or something.

I know you are frustrated, but really, you could have refrained from the racial slur. Enough said.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Ummmm.... didn't I just say that it hurts a little bit that the game is delay? And I'm not pretending to be an angel, but the way some of you act I might at well be.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
For starters i wasnt even talking to you dude. and i agree with you that that other dude should have refrained from using a racial word.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's not Sakurai-it's Nintendo's stupid business policy. At this point, I'm not even going to waste my time speculating anymore. I'm not going to waste my time building hype to be disappointed by Nintendo. I won't be surprised if the game isn't anywhere as good as Melee now, actually. I know it's a new game, but they're sounding like they don't even care about the fans. It's the fans f***ing game! GIVE US A EXPLAMATION WHY THIS EFFECTS JAPAN LESS THEN US AMERICANS! GIVE IT TO EUROPE, THE AMERICAS, AND AUSTRALIA PRONTO!

Japan is ****ing 10% of the sales, and Europe is much more important. All the language crap is done. Most the bugs are gone. They're jsut adding extra features and stuff, basically. In fact-delay the game in Japan again. Make them wait until March like we do. March is so far away, it's ridiculous. Make Japan wait. Hel, release the game in May. Have the game come out on the same day in Japan, Europe, Australia, and the Americas. I'm not even going to bother hyping us this game unless MegaMan is confirmed or something. So aside from my rants-I'm leaving the Brawl Boards for a good while, and checking the dojo. See you all around when the Japanese release date hits. I'll just check for any leaks and whatnot, but otherwise I'm checked out here. Maybe I'll roast a scrub here or threre, but I don't feel like further advertising this game further.

I could be playing smash 64 or Melee back in the good old days, so I'll get back to that. I'm gonna work further on becoming a better smash 64 Mario player, so c'ya. I'll be around for the Japanese release date info and whatnot. Actually, I might follow that "wait until I play the game" thing, the more I think about it, since I don't want to disappoint myself, and get pissed again. I've been disappointed too much, in other words. I'm just going to demand Nintendo stop sucking Japan's c***, and start actually giving a s*** about everyone else, especially Europe and Australia. But that's business for you, and why I want Microsoft to win this generation=because they treat their international fans better=Halo 3 was worldwide in a week.

So ya, consider me checked out for the most part. I'll be around probably for the Japanese release date, and definitely the American one. I might post (instead of lurk like I normally do) in the Melee Boards, but I'm pretty much checked out of here. If the news we get on the dojo is more then one worthwhile thing in 1/4th a year, I might be back for a short while. Until then, I'm checked out of the smashboards most likely. See you all around later, and probably on kaillera.

Before I go, I'd like to say it's Nintendo's, not Sakurai's fault. Sakurai is making the game, not delaying it. Nintendo is pulling the strings, and Sakurai is their puppet. However, Sakurai should stand up for the international fans more, and stop backing down to Nintendo's "orders", but I guess it's in his nature. However, if I were Sakurai...well....I'd be a b***h to Nintendo, and have it my way (the fan's way) or the highway. Ya, I'd leave in production if they force me to do what I don't want to do, lol! Seriously though Nintendo, this isn't a JAPAN-ONLY GAME! Stop sucking up to Japan, and stop abusing everyone else. No wonder MGS2 outsold Melee...because Kojima treats his fans far better then Nintendo. After all, MGS4 comes out in Australia, Japan, Europe, and the Americas at the same time.

So with this, I bid you all adu. May the top Nintendo Executives not sleep until the Americas, Europe, and Australia get Brawl. Ya, that could be a year! :laugh: And finally-let us bombard Nintendo with e-mails. Go gigaload on their f***ing site, and treat them like the a**holes they are. Don't give us a last minute warning, give us a 2 month warning. Bombard them with your lives. Threaten not to buy the game. Threaten to get a 360 and PS3. Be a pain in the a** to them, because that's how they treat you. "What goes around, comes around."

So demand what you want, and go for it. I ask all of you to flame the hell out of Nintendo's email system with complaints and demand better treatment. So I leave you with this last message. Stop being s***ed on, and fight back. Fight the power (lol at hippie term! :laugh:), and show them what fans do when they are treated as dirt. Give them what they deserve, your complaints, misery, and anger. Tell them how you feel, and how you are sick of this over favoritism. Ya, Reggie obviously doesn't do s***, because if I was Reggie I'd demand the game to come out on the same day as Japan (or I'll f***ing quit), but they obvious don't care about anything-but our money.

It's business and politics at it's worse, and if Nintendo keeps up this attitude I'm not even going to bother with them much longer. They're worse then Sony, PERIOD! So let Nintendo get "some business", and treat them how they treat us. I've never heard of a delay less then 3 weeks before a video game is suppose to come out other then a week at mst. This is ridiculous. So, ya, I'm gone for the most part. I shall be a avid lurker. Remember, Nintendo (Sony, and Microsoft) extremist fanboys are depressing, boring people! Extremist fanboys of all kind haters FTW! :)

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
"ITS ALL GOOD"^^

Because I'm a selfish European who didn't have a release date to begin with.
So in answer to the question, I'd rather ACTUALLY HAVE the game, than NOT have it,
and NOT know WHEN it's coming out in a format my stupid Wii can read.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
only two weeks until we know the roster... for me, that will be enough to build my anticipation back up. Not being able to play is killing me, but I think not knowing who made the cut is killing me even more. One step at a time. AND HERE'S HOPING THERE'S NOT ANOTHER JPN DELAY... I NEED TO KNOW THE ROSTER!!!

how does typing in caps seem to relieve my frustration?

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap, JohnKnight, that was a long post. You kept saying goodbye, but I thought your post would never end. Hahaha!

And SSJ4 makes an excellent point about Halo 2 not being released in Japan. I never thought of that.

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
"Japan is ****ing 10% of the sales"

Me thinks this be the root of the delay, perhaps?

How many Wii's are there in the US?
How many Wii owners will likely buy SSBB?
How many copies of the game do they need to manufacture?

I am probably wrong, but maybe they're just trying to be able to meet the forseen demand from the large number of preorders they have so far? Who knows.

I'm plenty pissed off about it myself, because at this point I will be 100% unable to avoid spoiling a huge portion of the game, including single player and character roster. Two weeks, I could have avoided the internet. Now it's 5. I wanted Smash to be a plesant suprise but I know that between the internet activities I do; WoW, comic sites, and Oekaki boards, every bit of what I want to be a secret for me will be revealed before the game even comes out here! If there's anything the delay did that I hate, it's the gap of time between the two. It makes it very painful for what I had hoped for. And I cannot live under a rock for 5 whole weeks. :<

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Tobias, that is exactly what I have been saying. I am really sure the delay has to do with meeting demand needs. But hang in their, if you see the words "smash" or "brothers" or "brawl" turn that monitor off!

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
*cough*

Well, this sucks...

At least it gives me time to finish playing Trial and Tribulations. And actually pass finals instead of playing Brawl for 20 hours.

At this point, I kind of saw this coming. I looked at the calendar last night, saw it was close, and just thought, "It's just too good to be true."

Guess it was. :ohwell: You suck, Corporate Nintendo.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
"Japan is ****ing 10% of the sales"

Me thinks this be the root of the delay, perhaps?

How many Wii's are there in the US?
How many Wii owners will likely buy SSBB?
How many copies of the game do they need to manufacture?

I am probably wrong, but maybe they're just trying to be able to meet the forseen demand from the large number of preorders they have so far? Who knows.

I'm plenty pissed off about it myself, because at this point I will be 100% unable to avoid spoiling a huge portion of the game, including single player and character roster. Two weeks, I could have avoided the internet. Now it's 5. I wanted Smash to be a plesant suprise but I know that between the internet activities I do; WoW, comic sites, and Oekaki boards, every bit of what I want to be a secret for me will be revealed before the game even comes out here! If there's anything the delay did that I hate, it's the gap of time between the two. It makes it very painful for what I had hoped for. And I cannot live under a rock for 5 whole weeks. :<
That is exactly my problem as well.... i now have to avoid smashboards+ possibly the dojo as well... ****

They better have 40 characters now

what happened to the going gold ****..... the delay must be for making more copies....

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it is right to use racial slurs. And I am pretty sure it is against the forum rules. And what do you mean grow a pair? I just called you out on being a racist, what does growing a pair have to do with anything?

And it isn't like I don't think the delay isn't wrong or hurts a little, but let's be realistic. No company likes to delay a product. That only hurts themselves. The game will come out, and I am trying to prepare people for the fact that they aren't delaying it to put in 5 more characters or something.

I know you are frustrated, but really, you could have refrained from the racial slur. Enough said.
Delays do not hurt sales...tehy increase sales, more people ahve time to hear about hte game...And i said grow a pair becuase your acitng like a girl..yes, the racial slur may have ben out of line, but don't downplay this ****...Its ****ing horse ****.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
**** it **** this **** **** stand of a ****in asswad piece of **** excuse for a **** game. **** it ***** I was finally so ****in close and now this ****. **** **** **** **** **** you sakurai. **** Brawl and all its hype.

You people sure are acting very immature about the subject. Have you considered the possible shortage in optical disc for the game production? Have you considered the Wii shortages in the United States? Try viewing this delay from an economical standpoint instead of complaining. It's possible that the produced amount would be enough to meet Japanese demands. Nintendo wouldn't hold off their bombshell for no reason.

Be mature about it and wait. Letting a game manipulate you just makes you as pathetic as the company developing this game for your pleasure. There is more to this than money, for they could have thrown the game at us half done, and we would have gladly accepted it. You guys are acting as you're not going to buy the game regardless.

Besides, this is a great time for active competitive melee players.
By the way, I typed this on my Wii. I'm that feed up with immaturity.

Blaze the cat

Smash Apprentice
Disappointed as I am with the delay, in a way, it's actually kind of funny. It seems like everyone was saying "there's no way the game will be delayed again," but here we are.

Well, Krystal had better be in the roster somewhere. That's all I have to say. :p

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is our roster if ChaosZero, ShadowXOR, Serebii, and NyaseNya are to be believed:

1. Mario
2. Luigi (I doubt he would get cut)
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Jigglypuff
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Captain Falcon
28. Ice Climbers
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. Pit
31. R.O.B.
32. Wario
33. Pikmin & Olimar
34. Snake
35. Sonic

This is our roster. :(

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
Tobias, that is exactly what I have been saying. I am really sure the delay has to do with meeting demand needs. But hang in their, if you see the words "smash" or "brothers" or "brawl" turn that monitor off!
Ah, except mine's one'a them realllly old ones with a button that is super tough to push. And lets not forget raiding in World of Warcraft, I'm required to be in Vent. I WAS going to raid with all of my channels in WoW turned off (Trade/General, Guild, even Raid/Party) except that now, to have to do that for a total of 5 weeks, is practically impossible.

And I already guarantee anything relating to Krystal to be forced down my throat from every single one of my friends the second it becomes known @_@ Not that I mind much there, I already planned on atleast seeing what her design choice was made as. And if it's her Assault outfit or anything like it, I'll be avoiding her like the plague. Staff and Adventures or GTFO. :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The bad news?
This means they have not even BEGUN translating HALF of anything in the US side. And PAL version will come out in fall.....
The Good news?
In Japan, its onl a week, so we will all KNOW Brawl soon enough
But as an add on:
Sakurai: F*** YOU

Oh yea, and it turns out that all the Gamestops that changed the dates were real.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Thats it I'm ****ing going to ****ing Japan to get a ****ing Wii and a ****ing brawl on the ****ing 31st because I can't take this ****ing **** *** peace of ****ing nintendo any ****ing more.

Top Bottom