• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

susu_atari

Smash Ace
In Japan, Brawl was going to be out in just over a week. It MUST have gone gold by now, so I doubt they're tweaking it. Probably just Nintendo's marketing guys saying "HEY!! We'll get more MONEY if we bring it out in MARCH instead!!! I doubt the CONSUMER'S wallets have recovered after Christmas. Best delay it."

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
WTF SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIII?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

THIS ****ING SUCKS!!!!!!!! Brawl was originally supposed to release on my birthday...Feb 10th...but NOW I HAVE TO ****ING WAIT ANOTHER MONTH FOR IT AHHHHHHH!!!! WTF WTF WTF!!!!!

I'm not going to sleep well tonight D:

And we didn't even get an EPIC update to compensate for the bad news... WTF SAKURAI?!?!?!?!

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I'm tired of hearing about justifications about how great it will be. I could defend the first delay, but this is getting ridiculous. I swear if it's delayed again I probably won't buy it. I have one semester left of school, and I'll have zero time to even get into the game...

I was totally done with video games and Nintendo and everything a few weeks in late April of 2006. Then came E3 and Brawl's first unveiling...All of that went out the window. I had to get the Wii because of this game. Then fast forward to July of 2007. I know the release of the game is soon (I have it reserved); so I stop sitting on my hands and finally go out to buy one so that I'll be ready for it when it comes out in a few months.

Then...delay...delay...

I feel completely upset and betrayed. It all seems now a ploy to get everyone buying their crap, and they keep pulling this. Just release the @#%T@#%@!# game. Screw 3rd parties that are delaying it. I'm so upset that I got sucked into this 2 years ago, now...

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
Japan only gets ONE lousy week extra?? WTHECK, THAT IS EXTRA LAME, what could the reason be? obviously nothing to do with developing the game cuz one week aint enough time to do anything... or is it... but still, grr, I might just give up and spoil myself the entire roster when it comes out in january... or move to japan... ROAR

Crystallion

Smash Ace
You know what?

I'm GLAD.

Because some people just plain don't deserve to play Brawl. And well, Europe gets it even later, but I'm not complaining, although I do find it annoying.
But the developers sure take a LOT of time to make Brawl the best they can. And if it means that the game is getting better cause of the delay, then I'm aaaall for it.

I can understand people's crying now, but it doesn't change anything. Besides, one month isn't all that bad.

If you could wait that long, you sure can wait a bit longer (it IS a long time since Brawl has been in development after all)

verditude

Smash Journeyman
NyaseNya

Did he/she ever get proven wrong? Because if not, we have another delay...
This could mean 35 characters and no Megaman.

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
Wow, the mods are on a locking spree.

Is this one going to be stickied to be added to the five thousand other stickies cluttering the top of the page?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I hate this game. Causing me too much grief and, and, and, anger, and anxiety? wtf a game shouldn't do this sh*t to you. sigh...

/wrists

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The extended time for the North American Market more then likely has something to do with some kind of localization problem at NOA >> Whether it's translations or packaging or who knows what.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.
I am pissed beyond belief. We finally get the release down to 26 days and this **** more then doubles it... Who's to say they won't delay it again till June... I swear this is so stupid... They need to get their **** together and hire more help or plan things out on a time table and stick to it... They only reason I can see that america get 1 months delay while japan gets 1 week is they need to make more to fill the preorders.
It makes you feel like they're lazy and not even working on it until there's a month left. God****.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Did he/she ever get proven wrong? Because if not, we have another delay...
This could mean 35 characters and no Megaman.
Pfft. It's much easier to guess the state of a game than the content of it. Take everything a "leak" says with a grain of salt.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Ugh, not happy with this delay. I have to cancel my Brawl party now. Plus, does anyone know if I'm supposed to consult the store I reserved the game at or do I still walk in March 9th with a ticket that says come in on Feb. 10th? I'm sort of scared the Toys R Us I reserved this game at will go under because I chose the one no one in my area ever goes to so there's like maybe 10 people in the store at most at any given time (not including employees)

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Stop flipping defending it, people. I realize now that it was all merely a trick to get us all to buy Nintendo hardware in games while we waited for this. There really is no Super Smash Bros. Brawl, people. Only endless delays and us shelling out money until we eventually kill ourselves when we realize the sad truth of it all...

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
A little piece of me died today. Yeah, one month isn't the end of the world. However, before the game was supposed to be released in early December, I had Halo 3 to keep me busy till then. When it was delayed until February 10th, I had Super Mario Galaxy to hold me over. Now, I have NOTHING! No new big games to hold me over an extra month until Brawl.

Another thing that really sucks, is the Japanese release was only delayed by one week, so now...there is going to be more then a month between releases, and I will have all the time in the world to learn everything about the game there is to know on the internet and spoil the whole thing. Now, I'm going to go to bed and cry in my pillow.

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
WTF SAKURAAAAAAAAIIIIIIII?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

THIS ****ING SUCKS!!!!!!!! Brawl was originally supposed to release on my birthday...Feb 10th...but NOW I HAVE TO ****ING WAIT ANOTHER MONTH FOR IT AHHHHHHH!!!! WTF WTF WTF!!!!!

I'm not going to sleep well tonight D:

And we didn't even get an EPIC update to compensate for the bad news... WTF SAKURAI?!?!?!?!
Can someone fix this?

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
You know what?

I'm GLAD.

Because some people just plain don't deserve to play Brawl. And well, Europe gets it even later, but I'm not complaining, although I do find it annoying.
But the developers sure take a LOT of time to make Brawl the best they can. And if it means that the game is getting better cause of the delay, then I'm aaaall for it.

I can understand people's crying now, but it doesn't change anything. Besides, one month isn't all that bad.

If you could wait that long, you sure can wait a bit longer (it IS a long time since Brawl has been in development after all)
The thing is that the game has a bunch of usless crap. OMG STICKER ^_^ OOOOOOOH MINI GAMES FOR TROPHIES!

i wanna get brawl to smash not to play dumb *** mini games. simple as that.
the comic has mother 3 spoilers

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE

NooOoOOOooOOOooOOoooooo!!!

Yeah Sakurai. Now you've got your following pissed.

I'll wait but there better be good reason. That one Nya person was right. I just hope there's more than 35 characters. Cuz if there's not, I..............

o_o

I don't see the point in the delays.

We need 60 characters now lol.

Nothing came to ease the pain..... They already used up Sonic. But now it's just like "Ugh" and all my interest is sucked out.

Screw Brawl. I'm going to bed.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE

NooOoOOOooOOOooOOoooooo!!!

Yeah Sakurai. Now you've got your following pissed.

I'll wait but there better be good reason. That one Nya person was right. I just hope there's more than 35 characters. Cuz if there's not, I..............

o_o

I don't see the point in the delays.

We need 60 characters now lol.

Nothing came to ease the pain..... They already used up Sonic. But now it's just like "Ugh" and all my interest is sucked out.

Screw Brawl. I'm going to bed.
Did you know in the Japanese version, he says "Do not want". Hilarious.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
this is retarted.

worst parts about it besides not being able to play the game:

1. here come **** dojo updates again
2. guide will be delayed, thus lack of roster.

i swear the game has been done since before december 3rd, but Sakurai isnt ready to give up his baby yet.

WHAT THE FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE HOTDOG HOLDER COULD THEY POSSIBLY NEED A WEEK (JP) AND A MONTH (US) FOR? Seriously, unless its to have more time to produce copies of the game, then expect the next delay to say Holliday 08. There is no way they are still working on this yet only miss calculated by a month.

I just wanna know the Sakurai forsaken roster.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
This delay doesnt make no damm sence what so ever.To be honest,I actually was expecting the early one when Sonic was annouced and excepted it.But no bro,not 20 fking days before its released.Unless they wanna make this game 100% bug free when its released which is not possible btw.

Sakurai: "Iam sorry,the game is currently under delevopment,and coming out...whenever the @#!@$ I feel it SHOULD! There! HA With that said,the new release date is Jan 31,2035.Thats right boys :chuckle:,all kinds of delays and pump fakes up in here.I evade more ship dates than Randy Moss juking tackles!!Take that to the bank with ya partner!!"

Thats my impression on Sakurai's corny a$$ from now until whenever this game is gonna come out.I get this feeling we have been witnessing a lier 1st hand. :embarrass

This game anit coming in March...

MRun

Smash Cadet
You've been waiting nearly two years for the game since E3 2006 and you've probably been anxious for this game for quite some time before that. Well here it was yesterday, only slightly over two weeks away. I know you were all excited and that you're now all pissed that it got moved back another month. I am too, sort of. Still, we've been waiting for half of Melee's lifespan for Brawl to come out. What's one more month, and the shortest month of the year at that?

This time, the delay was supposedly due to a shortage of Wii optical discs. It's not a bit of extra programming time, but a physical barrier preventing the game from being mass-produced. Wii optical discs take some time to manufacture, and they're obviously being made for more games than just Brawl, plus some extra blank discs as a buffer so that this doesn't happen again in the future. If there's anyone to blame, it's not Sakurai, but the Wii for selling so well. So don't worry about yet another delay. Unless there's a natural disaster and all WOD manufacturers are shut down, there's not going to be another delay.

We've reached the bottom of the slope only to find one more hill in our way. The ascent will seem faster for all of us if people aren't throwing tantrums every two steps. So just calm down and bare with it for one more month. If it ruined your plans as it did mine, find something else to do for the time being. You're getting the game anyways, so where's the point in complaining about delayed gratification? Just keep on climbing and we'll eventually reach the other side.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Did you know in the Japanese version, he says "Do not want". Hilarious.
It's the Chinese version. He says "不要" which does translate back into "Do Not Want" but in the context it is perfectly fine in Chinese. :)

This delay sucks, but there's really not much more to say about it than that.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.

- Masahiro Sakurai

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
It is nice, though, in some ways, 'cause it's right before dead week starts and as someone who doesn't study a lot anyways that's a lot of free time to get sucked into the game. Yay college and yay trying hard...
If it had been released on feb 10th I'd probably fall behind super fast in a lot of classes.

Top Bottom