• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Only thing I'm worried about now is us Europe players. I mean, we can't import without modding the Wii's, so we're screwed until we get a final confirmation of release date.

And whoever said it's a possible Q3 release....your going to hell.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
This thread scared me a little becuse I read Super smash bros brawl release date changed on the home section and thought it was another delay lol

Chari

Smash Apprentice
Like I said before in another thread...I only look at the DOJO fo stuff like this because that's the only place for some truth.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
Coen edit again:

The date we've all been waiting for, is December 03 changed to 'To Be Determined' February 10 now. May I remind you that this is the North-America release date though, not the PAL or Japanese.

As you can see on the main page: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html
The release date you can find on the left below the move links.

So the date HAS been pushed back, it's been confirmed today (12/10/07). But like Sakurai said, more time means more development, ultimately resulting in a better game.
its a secret message, i think he means the game is being release in May, not February

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
Lmao, O.M.G guys. It said that if you want to get it by Dec. 24, order it by the 20th. We don't have to wait til Feb to get it... ... isn't wal-mart great?
yeah that part confused me a little lol

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
I have contacted Nintendo and have received this e-mail in reply.

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

I did some checking, and we have not updated the release date for Super Smash Bros Brawl. Despite what Walmart has posted on their site, we still show this title estimated for release on February 10th. If we get any updated information on this matter, we'll be sure to post the news to our website (www.smashbros.com), so please stay tuned!
Nintendo of America Inc.
Greg Hamilton
Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, O.M.G guys. It said that if you want to get it by Dec. 24, order it by the 20th. We don't have to wait til Feb to get it... ... isn't wal-mart great?
yeah that part confused me a little lol
yea, me too. so we either get it in May, or 4 days from now(but only if you preorder online TODAY!)

maybe its the pal release date?

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
I have contacted Nintendo and have received this e-mail in reply.

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

I did some checking, and we have not updated the release date for Super Smash Bros Brawl. Despite what Walmart has posted on their site, we still show this title estimated for release on February 10th. If we get any updated information on this matter, we'll be sure to post the news to our website (www.smashbros.com), so please stay tuned!
Nintendo of America Inc.
Greg Hamilton
Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Thats good then maybe walmart is wrong becuse you would nintendo will get the delay first.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Sakurai has a super secret deal with Wal-Mart. [/sarcasm]
lol. that be funny.

hey, check the link again. theyve changed it back to feb 10. lol. perhaps Nintendo told Wal mart something like "shhhh, dont spoil the delay for them."

but that box that says "were sorry, this item can no longer be shipped by dec. 24 is a little...weird...

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Can someone please help me out, because I am really cheesed off about the pre-order I just made.

I'm Canadian. I go on the Canadian website for bestbuy (.ca) and pre-order the game. It says it's coming out in September 30, 2008. WTH? Why is it that americans can get it in febuary, but the people that live just a bit north have to wait 7 and a half months more?

I need an answer from someone who knows, not someones sympathy, because I will be ABSOLUTLY upset if I get my version in september.

Also the game is already pre-ordered. I can cancel it whenever I want. PLEASE HELP! :[

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Can someone please help me out, because I am really cheesed off about the pre-order I just made.

I'm Canadian. I go on the Canadian website for bestbuy (.ca) and pre-order the game. It says it's coming out in September 30, 2008. WTH? Why is it that americans can get it in febuary, but the people that live just a bit north have to wait 7 and a half months more?

I need an answer from someone who knows, not someones sympathy, because I will be ABSOLUTLY upset if I get my version in september.

Also the game is already pre-ordered. I can cancel it whenever I want. PLEASE HELP! :[
Trusting online store release dates = a no-no. Canada gets games either the same day as the U.S. or the day after, so expect it Feb. 10-11.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
People still read this? I have Brawl pre-ordered, and they said 9/11/77 is the release date.
JK, you dee. You actually fell for it! *laughs hard, but in a way that doesn't offend* **says it in a tone like Steve Hawkings**

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Thank God. I didn't believe it, but when I finished pre-ordering it and it still said that it was coming on september 30, I was like wtf :\

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Thank God. I didn't believe it, but when I finished pre-ordering it and it still said that it was coming on september 30, I was like wtf :\
Just a little off.... But I believe the release date is final for 2 reasons.
1. He only asked for a few months, so he was probably close to finishing
2. I heard it's already finished.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
That's what I was thinking, but both Futureshop and Bestbuy said sept 30 '08 lol. Either way I'm glad it's not, because I would have found it stupid.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Yeh. I wouldn't put money on it, but I would say that there's not much chance of Brawl being delayed yet again.

I mean come on, it's not the newest Zelda game we're talking about here :p

Rash

Smash Ace
Don't worry, I always say lol and I don't laugh o_O
Heh. Yeah, and that's what killed "lol" in the first place; people using it when they weren't actually laughing out loud, or using it when something was only slightly humorous or sarcastic.

I hardly ever show laughter when I talk to others online, but if I do, it's either with *laughs*, haha, heh, or something like that. I prefer it this way.

Still, it would've been nice if darn netspeakers/l33tspeakers didn't run lol into the ground so that I could maybe feel slighly dignified while using it. :ohwell:

M.K

Level 55
Lol, that speech was Tota!!y LOLZ RAWR

Well, yeah. I really just like to talk normally so people take me more seriously.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
lol is like my "." (I won't say period because it'l make me sound like a girl lol :])

Either way, whenever I laugh, I say haha and such.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I just dislike the people that seem to use it after every line they type in something such as a chat room or MSN. wow that's annoying....

On topic.........CURSE YOU NON-EXISTENT EUROPEAN RELEASE DATE!!!

Mzero

Smash Cadet
the game is already complete, or at LEAST the japanese version. Did they have to delay it so far back?

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
wal mart is a loser.

stupid delay of updates... a week with no updates, that sucks!

yea, theres still over a month left till the game is relesed in america. and theyre probably done...losers.

Elysium

Smash Lord
The Dojo was acting like a super soaker. Sakurai was building up pressure...and when he let it go we got D^3, Sonic, stage builder and all those good update... then he started losing pressure and we got updates like "options". So maybe when they come back from the break... we'll get some good updates again.

How does everyone like that analogy? ;)

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
The Dojo was acting like a super soaker. Sakurai was building up pressure...and when he let it go we got D^3, Sonic, stage builder and all those good update... then he started losing pressure and we got updates like "options". So maybe when they come back from the break... we'll get some good updates again.

How does everyone like that analogy? ;)
it seems plausable.

Top Bottom