• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
if there is another delay I think I will just die of anticipation

Ophelius

Smash Ace
You know the little sprinkles you had on your ice
Well, aren't we the impatient ones? I know as well as the rest of you how long we've been waiting for Brawl, but aren't we overreacting a bit? The delay gives them an extra two months to fix the game up right, so there isn't another stamina mode. Don't worry, it will come out sooner than we know it.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
I dont mean to rub it in but Im in Japan and I expext to be one of the first people to play the game. Im getting it at midnight on the 24th and I am going to come straight home to play it. The only problem is I have work the next day. Im almost considering calling in, but Im using up all my sick days to extend my December trip to Thailand. Whatever shall I do?

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Don't think so. The Wii isn't region friendly so a PAL Wii will only play Wii games, and a Japan Wii will only play Japan games.

A freeloader is a possibility, but I think it won't be created for a while. That's when the dodgy third party companies come in :laugh:

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
The only way to play games that don't match your Wii's region is to have a mod chip installed, and even then there is a chance of bricking with foreign games.

I've carefully thought out what I will do if the rumor of another delay is true.
1) Find Sakurai's personal info
2) Get credit card
3) Max out credit card on trip to Japan
4) Kill self on Sakurai's doorstep

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
If you look at the Dojo there are only 40 updates until the Japanese release and 55 Updates until the American release. At the rate Sakurai is going now it may seem like this is not enough time to fit the updates we want. So far we only have 11 newcomers and 12 veterans in SSBB, in other words 23 characters. If Sakurai is supposed to give us the rest of the new characters and whatever else he has to show us in just 40 more updates I hope there will start to be some quadruple updates in the near future.
Well I agree about the dojo, but did you consider that the Dojo will probably only announce the starter roster and stages because other wise it would be spoilers, then we have enough updates between now and february 10th.

I mean think about it, none of the unlockables from melee have been announced yet, not because they wont make it in (Luigi and Jigg have pretty much been confirmed due to different interviews) but because announcing them as veterans could spoil melee for people who haven't played it.

Nintendo just simply doesn't do spoilers.

nuro

Smash Lord
Well I agree about the dojo, but did you consider that the Dojo will probably only announce the starter roster and stages because other wise it would be spoilers, then we have enough updates between now and february 10th.

I mean think about it, none of the unlockables from melee have been announced yet, not because they wont make it in (Luigi and Jigg have pretty much been confirmed due to different interviews) but because announcing them as veterans could spoil melee for people who haven't played it.

Nintendo just simply doesn't do spoilers.
actually sakurai said he is making all of the 3rd party characters unlockables so that means sonic and snake are already spoiled. you can go check samurai pandas translation thread.

ANd if you look at the cover there are only a few characters that are starters not all of them are listed. Pokemon trainer is one of them as well as MK link and most of the main characters. Snake and sonic are nowhere to be found but i guess its too early to assume anything especially since there is a back to the cover.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
actually sakurai said he is making all of the 3rd party characters unlockables so that means sonic and snake are already spoiled. you can go check samurai pandas translation thread.

ANd if you look at the cover there are only a few characters that are starters not all of them are listed. Pokemon trainer is one of them as well as MK link and most of the main characters. Snake and sonic are nowhere to be found but i guess its too early to assume anything especially since there is a back to the cover.
When did he say that and where could I see it writting if its still there, not saying your wrong, I just find it hard to beleive

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
When did he say that and where could I see it writting if its still there, not saying your wrong, I just find it hard to beleive
It's somewhere in the Brawl section. Samurai Panda translated it from Japanese to Smashboards.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88

Just think about the Melee cover. Remeber these little boxes with the remaining starters in it? (eg C. Falcon). The same can happen to the final Brawl cover.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
he announced snake and Sonic so it would attract more people to Brawl. I still wanna know why C. falcon hasnt been announed...
also, the Brawl cover isnt definite. they may change it...

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
he announced snake and Sonic so it would attract more people to Brawl. I still wanna know why C. falcon hasnt been announed...
Any character on the cover is definatly gonna be in the game if they change the cover it wont matter because they had a thought for the cover with the charactes in the game already and another word of advice they wont tell you every thing in the game
loking foward to coop adventure

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Yeh they should hurry up and announce him.

The longer we go before him and other 99% characters aren't announced, the more chance that we will punch our monitors through.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Well I would just like to say that todays update proves the aguement wrong that all three kirby reps wont be starter, I mean Dedede was in the first Event match, Kirby and Meta Knight are on the cover.
And besides, They could have changed the fact that Third Partys are unlockable for publisity and for people renting the game

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
Well I would just like to say that todays update proves the aguement wrong that all three kirby reps wont be starter, I mean Dedede was in the first Event match, Kirby and Meta Knight are on the cover.
And besides, They could have changed the fact that Third Partys are unlockable for publisity and for people renting the game
third partys may be unlockable but the should make snake and sonic in the default
everyone wants to play Snake and sonic:)

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
What this has to do with the delay?:confused:

an other delay? mave... some one say "world date relace" lansamiento global oscease todo el mundo al mismo tiempo?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
because he is sonic and most if not all of sonic's recent games were bad.
Hell yeh his recent games weren't great, but come on. this is Smash Bros. Even the worse characters in Melee were fun to play as at some point, and with Sonic's speed, you can't go wrong ;)

Either way dude, you'll probably face off against a lot of Sonic players on Wi-fi.

Top Bottom