• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Prevented from the MLG Floor

Asura

Smash Rookie
Man this is one of the fundamantel problems in humankind packed in a conflict between Brawl and Melee. I personally hate Brawl cause it's boring IN MY opinion and it was a big dissapointment IN MY childhood. And because I hate Brawl I get blind for the feelings of others and i don't understand how the brawlcommunity feels. So I can hardly even say that I feel sorry for you but I try to imagen how i would feel if Melee wasn't on MLG. Damn a lot of feels with this one

Attachments

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Man this is one of the fundamantel problems in humankind packed in a conflict between Brawl and Melee. I personally hate Brawl cause it's boring IN MY opinion and it was a big dissapointment IN MY childhood. And because I hate Brawl I get blind for the feelings of others and i don't understand how the brawlcommunity feels. So I can hardly even say that I feel sorry for you but I try to imagen how i would feel if Melee wasn't on MLG. Damn a lot of feels with this one
that you find it boring, ok... but why hate it? It's not that you HAVE TO play it or something... as a child it was dissapointing to you? you must be some spoiled little... never mind...

Last edited:

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Brawl has a decent competitive scene and is definitely worthy of competitive play, but the problem is its defensive heavy meta and slower gameplay than melee just make the game boring to watch. Its sad, but from my experience its true.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
yeah, boring to watch but not boring to play imo. I still find Brawl to be better than melee, but that's just a matter of taste.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Some mechanics were intended. L canceling was a glitch from 64; Masahiro kept that in melee. He also discovered wavedashing as well, and once again he kept that in melee. In smash 4 he intentionally made a "for glory" mode for competitive people to play in. He also aims for balance as stated in different interviews. So what's not to say that he aimed for melee to be competitive?
Because it's a 4-player game with items and a great list of stages that our highly praised Broomers have to decide on banning, in order for it to BE competitive.

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
Project m will be here before brawl. Way more competitive. No one wants to watch meta knight vs meta knight all tourney. And project m has the best ballance of characters. ANY CHARACTER CAN WIN in project m. So for all you brawl fan boys who can't l cancel or wave dash or trip during dash dances need to back off. A match is toooooo long and 20% is a lead in that game. Idk how any real gamer can honestly say brawl is MAJOR LEAGUE material. Everyones in space in that game. Zero gravity? ? Umm weight class was a huge part of the game. Sooo you just took away combos. And no a 2 hit isn't a combo. I love smash... but I hate brawl. Cant edge guard... u can't do ANYTHING IN THAT GAME!!!

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
I don't think any game is interesting to watch if you don't understand the game. If I didn't play PM I wouldn't think it or Melee fun to watch at all.

Yeaaa Im going ti have to say your full of it. I've watched plentt of games I've never played and got hype.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Some mechanics were intended. L canceling was a glitch from 64; Masahiro kept that in melee. He also discovered wavedashing as well, and once again he kept that in melee. In smash 4 he intentionally made a "for glory" mode for competitive people to play in. He also aims for balance as stated in different interviews. So what's not to say that he aimed for melee to be competitive?
Sakurai also took out those elements and Brawl and claimed he wanted the game to be user friendly. Either way, people like me, enjoy laying the game competitively.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
So if melee shipped without items and only had the neutral stages available it would be considered more competitive?
Uhh, yes?
That only makes it even more obvious actually.

Last edited:

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
what does it mean by "more" competitive? there are even competitive rock paper scissors game. For me, if there are 2 or more people that play against each other in a game, and they spend time studying and mastering the skill to get good at that game, then it is competitive. doesn't matter if there are items or tripping.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Uhh, yes?
That only makes it even more obvious actually.
Now why is that? Lets assume Nintendo did release a strictly competitive version of melee in which all the banned stages are absent from the game and items are permanently disabled. We take that version to tournaments and what's happens? The same players place just as well as they did before, thats what. The same characters employ the same strats, the old match up knowledge still holds up, and ultimately we see no changes what so ever. It's still takes the same amount of technical skill and intelligence to win a tournament. I don't see how you can claim removing a stage from the games code would yield anything more than banning from the stage list.

Mr_Sweet

Smash Cadet
what does it mean by "more" competitive? there are even competitive rock paper scissors game. For me, if there are 2 or more people that play against each other in a game, and they spend time studying and mastering the skill to get good at that game, then it is competitive. doesn't matter if there are items or tripping.
In the end it goes like this. Brawl is a slow paced game, it has an incredibly low learning curve and a small roster of viable characters. The only people who like watching brawl are brawl players, the people who like to watch melee are.. well a lot of people. It's fast, technical, anything can happen and upsets are basically guaranteed. In Brawl if you have a stock lead there's a very large chance you've already won the match due to a lack of any come back mechanic. You can argue this all you want but I'm not even stating my opinion at this point, this is just the fact of the matter.

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
In the end it goes like this. Brawl is a slow paced game, it has an incredibly low learning curve and a small roster of viable characters. The only people who like watching brawl are brawl players, the people who like to watch melee are.. well a lot of people. It's fast, technical, anything can happen and upsets are basically guaranteed. In Brawl if you have a stock lead there's a very large chance you've already won the match due to a lack of any come back mechanic. You can argue this all you want but I'm not even stating my opinion at this point, this is just the fact of the matter.
you're saying Brawl's like mayweather and Melee is like pacquiao. It's true that one is more exciting to watch than the other, but it doesn't make Brawl any less competitive.

you say if you gain 1 stock advantage, then it is easy to win in Brawl. so guess what? it is part of what makes it competitive. Players should bring their best to get that 1 stock advantage. It makes it more punishing and more technical. If you mess your 1st stock, then your pretty much done.

King Kazma

Smash Rookie
Only points I see from Nintendo about why Brawl isn't coming back to MLG is because of the nonsupport fans have been giving due to the sluggish and slow gameplay Brawl offers compared to Melee where its always fast, precise, and accurate. Thats why Melee is still being played in big tournaments ever since its release. Even the director of the game himself said Melee is better than Brawl in the series! Now that Project M made Brawl better in their modded version with Melee mechanics you see more people playing that in tournaments of course you'll never see it in MLG anyways lol.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Spacies, Falcon, Marth, and Jiggs are pretty much the majority of the Melee tournies. In Brawl MK, Flaoc, Snake, Marth, Wario, DDK, Oli, IC, ZSS, KD3 are the majority of characters. There are more in Brawl. The Melee fanbase likes to get ahead of itself as if they are some hot stuff. The Melee fanbase is the life and death of the Smash community. Life through all the hype that is brought and the history behind it. Death through shunning iterations that aren't Melee. Brawl has plenty of comeback factors and comeback in general. There is no "comeback mechanic" in Melee, but is ironically in Brawl. Funny how things work?

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
I don't think any game is interesting to watch if you don't understand the game. If I didn't play PM I wouldn't think it or Melee fun to watch at all.
The problem is it's just simply not true. It's easy to watch Street Fighter or Marvel and get excited when something exciting or unexpected happens.

In Brawl, a well-played game won't have any unexpected moments - just better zoning and defense than your opponent. Brawl is a hard game to watch because when played at its highest level, it is a very flowchart game.

EDIT: To the people in this thread saying 'Melee will kill Smash because they don't support Brawl,' well... no. Project M has a huge following and is played by both Melee and Brawl players. Several players have made the competitive transition from Melee to Project M, from Brawl to Melee, and from Brawl to Project M. A grand total of one person from Melee has transitioned into Brawl, that one person being M2K.

Plenty of people are willing to support more than one Smash game. It's just that the majority of competitive Smash players don't enjoy playing Brawl. There's no reason that the majority of people should have to censor themselves for the vocal minority. The only 'problem' is that the competitive Brawl community is small, and getting smaller as people transition into other games, or start waiting for Smash 4.

I want everyone to succeed here. But if you take your average person from a Twitch stream or a competitor from another fighting game, explain both (SSBM/Brawl) games to them, show them videos of top level play in each, and ask them to choose which one is more interesting? It's going to be SSBM, 9 out of 10 times. Not everyone is trying to say Brawl should die - they're just pointing out what I've laid out in front of you here.

There is no conspiracy theory as to why Brawl is getting 'shafted,' it's a simple matter of interest. This video is the most watched Brawl match on VGBC.

This literally looks like a button check for the first minute. In the match, at least two thirds of it are spent with Olimar throwing pikmin, and Metaknight jumping to avoid them. How do you market this to an audience who doesn't play the game? You can't do it. The two characters are not interacting in a meaningful way.

If nothing else, both Nintendo and MLG would rather see Melee played in a professional setting because it is simply more exciting for viewers.

Last edited:

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
Brawl has plenty of comeback factors and comeback in general. There is no "comeback mechanic" in Melee, but is ironically in Brawl. Funny how things work?
Yeah. I'm not sure about there's comeback mechanic in Melee, but none in Brawl.

I know Ultra in SF is a comeback mechanic. I know rage in Tekken in a comeback mechanic. in Brawl, there's Lucario that has some sort of comeback mechanic.

What's the comeback mechanic in Melee?

Last edited:

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
IMO.....jk.
If by this you mean 'working really hard' then yes, you're correct.

I advise you to stop championing this cause in this thread... you're not putting a good face on your movement, and your posts are more likely to cause the uninitiated to dismiss Brawl outright rather than sympathize with its cause.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
If by this you mean 'working really hard' then yes, you're correct.

I advise you to stop championing this cause in this thread... you're not putting a good face on your movement, and your posts are more likely to cause the uninitiated to dismiss Brawl outright rather than sympathize with its cause.
The hypocrisy is strong in this one. You have been trying to discredit Brawl's rep even farther and even after 6 years and when I point my opinion and make it a joke, you take it seriously and get butthurt. Man, the Melee casuals be funny AF.

Mr_Sweet

Smash Cadet
What's the comeback mechanic in Melee?
Combos. Are all brawl players this blind? My God.

In Brawl MK, Flaoc, Snake, Marth, Wario, DDK, Oli, IC, ZSS, KD3
This is a lie and you know it more than anyone. Show me one top 8 with as diverse a character list as Melee's Evo 2013 top 8 in a brawl tourney, I dare you to. In melee a majority of the characters can be played at a top level, we've even had a Yoshi player get 9th place at one of the largest melee tournaments to date. Yes, there are a lot of Foxes and Falcos, but there are a lot of Marths and Shieks, jiggz and falcons. Brawl is overly saturated by Metaknight, you can't even make the comparison. Atleast look into the melee metagame before you start spouting false information about your own.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
But you seriously need to get off your high horse though. And to answer that comeback mechanic, Melee has combos for that. It's to punish mistakes of the person in higher position. Exploit their mistakes hard enough, they'll be back in similar stock amount in no time. But Brawl has a very good comeback mechanic that you clearly forgotten:

Last edited:

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi

This is a lie and you know it more than anyone. Show me one top 8 with as diverse a character list as Melee's Evo 2013 top 8 in a brawl tourney, I dare you to. In melee a majority of the characters can be played at a top level, we've even had a Yoshi player get 9th place at one of the largest melee tournaments to date. Yes, there are a lot of Foxes and Falcos, but there are a lot of Marths and Shieks, jiggz and falcons. Brawl is overly saturated by Metaknight, you can't even make the comparison. Atleast look into the melee metagame before you start spouting false information about your own.
Wants Top 8> Talks about a 9th place Yoshi.
No one ever mentioned combos (at least I didn't).
I have been a Smash connoisseur since 04 and been playing since 06 semi competitively (never been to a major Melee tourney).
I have seen the highs and lows of Smash, but like any other fighting game, there is an over saturation of the top tiers.
If you want me to show you a Brawl tourney Apex 2009,2010, 2014 (since apparently 9th place can be used).
We got a Ness and an Ike that placed decently and the thing is with aMSa, I like Yoshi and all, but since everyone is unfamiliar with the MU, he is thriving off that. That is like me saying that a grounded Jiggs is good because of what S0ft did at Apex.
Yes the comparison can rightly made as Flaoc, ZSS, KD3, Snake, Oli, IC, DDK always rear their ugly into tournies all the time, even when there are no MKs present.
BTW, if you hate Brawl so MUCH, why are you coming to a Brawl related thread? Is it so you can complain about the same stuff that people have been saying for the past 6+ years? Does that sound fun/productive to you bro?

Mr_Sweet

Smash Cadet
Wants Top 8> Talks about a 9th place Yoshi.
No one ever mentioned combos (at least I didn't).
I have been a Smash connoisseur since 04 and been playing since 06 semi competitively (never been to a major Melee tourney).
I have seen the highs and lows of Smash, but like any other fighting game, there is an over saturation of the top tiers.
If you want me to show you a Brawl tourney Apex 2009,2010, 2014 (since apparently 9th place can be used).
We got a Ness and an Ike that placed decently and the thing is with aMSa, I like Yoshi and all, but since everyone is unfamiliar with the MU, he is thriving off that. That is like me saying that a grounded Jiggs is good because of what S0ft did at Apex.
Yes the comparison can rightly made as Flaoc, ZSS, KD3, Snake, Oli, IC, DDK always rear their ugly into tournies all the time, even when there are no MKs present.
BTW, if you hate Brawl so MUCH, why are you coming to a Brawl related thread? Is it so you can complain about the same stuff that people have been saying for the past 6+ years? Does that sound fun/productive to you bro?
I don't hate brawl, I just don't think it's deserving of the MLG stage. Also, nice red herring with the whole aMSa thing, not like I brought that up as completely separate point or anything. You still haven't proven anything I said wrong, your essay composed of "our tournaments have a lot of characters" but those characters aren't tournament viable and don't win big tourney's. Top 8 Evo in melee had 8 different characters. MK is the only legitimate tournament viable character in brawl. An argument can be made for Icies because they have infinite chain grabs that are automatic death, but other than that MK always wins tourney's, especially as the metagame is progressing. 20XX has already happened in Brawl, but for melee it seems we have a long time to wait yet.

I actually have an example from today. In a major level tournament, Civil war 6, the grandfinals were A marth player and an ice climbers player. It wasn't fox v fox, there wasn't even a spacie. You're arguing a broken point.

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
O you mean you can only do combos when you're losing?
If yes, then fine.

But if you can do combos in Melee, whether you have 100% damage or undamaged, or whether you have full stock or one stock. You can combo whether you're coming back from a deficit or you're dominating. Then how can it be a comeback mechanic?

Comeback mechanics are SF4's Ultra, Tekken's rage, Mario Kart's Blue Shell, Final Fantasy's Limit breaks.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I don't hate brawl, I just don't think it's deserving of the MLG stage. Also, nice red herring with the whole aMSa thing, not like I brought that up as completely separate point or anything. You still haven't proven anything I said wrong, your essay composed of "our tournaments have a lot of characters" but those characters aren't tournament viable and don't win big tourney's. Top 8 Evo in melee had 8 different characters. MK is the only legitimate tournament viable character in brawl. An argument can be made for Icies because they have infinite chain grabs that are automatic death, but other than that MK always wins tourney's, especially as the metagame is progressing. 20XX has already happened in Brawl, but for melee it seems we have a long time to wait yet.

I actually have an example from today. In a major level tournament, Civil war 6, the grandfinals were A marth player and an ice climbers player. It wasn't fox v fox, there wasn't even a spacie. You're arguing a broken point.
Red Herring?

Shows your knowledge of Brawl meta. MK only viable, LOL. Salem won last year with not a top tier, but a high tier. That is like if someone won with Spamus, Pika, Doc, Ganon, won EVO or CEO and what not. All the other characters I have listed before are viable. Melee had the over centralization of having 8 characters usable while the rest were just eh. Brawl has a problem with just 10-11 characters viable. Brawl is deserving of MLG.

"You still haven't proven anything I said wrong, your essay composed of "our tournaments have a lot of characters" but those characters aren't tournament viable and don't win big tourney's"
Multiple points have been proven wrong. Anyway, Snakes, Olis, Flaocs, ICs, and DDKs, ZSS, having a reasonable amount of earnings also (even PT has won some). You are saying that the lows and mids have not won any big tourneys in Brawl right? WHen was the last time you have seen a Pika, Ganon, Doc, Spamus, Luigi or a Mario win a tourney in Melee?

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
Brawl has no combos...
http://i.imgur.com/TRbA4SA.gif

Brawl is campy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBGffJfBkd0

Brawl is no fun to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYSzKfX5FgE

Brawl has no comebacks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cljEjbeOGk

time outs are lame... also There are no comebacks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KTqCbdT8PE#t=22m00s

we get it you like melee you dont like brawl. Dont come Bawl about it on a brawl oriented talk if you dont have anything to say about it then go away you make the melee community look terrible .

I dont care to play melee I would rather not see a freaking jiggly puff Bair someone to death or watch a fox shine someone off the side or watch a falco pillar someone across the stage or watching someone try camping an ICs as they get freaking wobbled to death. its boring as heck the game has its fun moments but it has its loads of BS. saying brawl sucks cause you only see the bad things is shallow.

we appreciate your community heck we even support your community and I would like to say it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect the same in return.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
O you mean you can only do combos when you're losing?
If yes, then fine.

But if you can do combos in Melee, whether you have 100% damage or undamaged, or whether you have full stock or one stock. You can combo whether you're coming back from a deficit or you're dominating. Then how can it be a comeback mechanic?

Comeback mechanics are SF4's Ultra, Tekken's rage, Mario Kart's Blue Shell, Final Fantasy's Limit breaks.
What he means is that you can kill someone at any percent from comboing them to death, and this is easier to do against a low percent opponent. Whereas in Brawl, killing someone at low percent is exceedingly rare.

Mr_Sweet

Smash Cadet
I dont care to play melee I would rather not see a freaking jiggly puff Bair someone to death or watch a fox shine someone off the side or watch a falco pillar someone across the stage or watching someone try camping an ICs as they get freaking wobbled to death
implying awesome pillars aren't hype
implying shining someone off the side doesn't feel great
implying people hate jiggz for her edge guarding
The only thing you mentioned that's a 'negative' is wobbling. Sorry we like this weird 'entertaining' and boringly 'fast-paced' gameplay. Also this isn't a brawl oriented thread, it's more of an MLG oriented thread. Just because you support melee doesn't mean people who support melee have to support brawl. The melee community has went leaps and bounds over what the brawl community has accomplished and is getting recognized for it. Plain and simple.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
The problem is it's just simply not true. It's easy to watch Street Fighter or Marvel and get excited when something exciting or unexpected happens.

In Brawl, a well-played game won't have any unexpected moments - just better zoning and defense than your opponent. Brawl is a hard game to watch because when played at its highest level, it is a very flowchart game.

EDIT: To the people in this thread saying 'Melee will kill Smash because they don't support Brawl,' well... no. Project M has a huge following and is played by both Melee and Brawl players. Several players have made the competitive transition from Melee to Project M, from Brawl to Melee, and from Brawl to Project M. A grand total of one person from Melee has transitioned into Brawl, that one person being M2K.

Plenty of people are willing to support more than one Smash game. It's just that the majority of competitive Smash players don't enjoy playing Brawl. There's no reason that the majority of people should have to censor themselves for the vocal minority. The only 'problem' is that the competitive Brawl community is small, and getting smaller as people transition into other games, or start waiting for Smash 4.

I want everyone to succeed here. But if you take your average person from a Twitch stream or a competitor from another fighting game, explain both (SSBM/Brawl) games to them, show them videos of top level play in each, and ask them to choose which one is more interesting? It's going to be SSBM, 9 out of 10 times. Not everyone is trying to say Brawl should die - they're just pointing out what I've laid out in front of you here.

There is no conspiracy theory as to why Brawl is getting 'shafted,' it's a simple matter of interest. This video is the most watched Brawl match on VGBC.

This literally looks like a button check for the first minute. In the match, at least two thirds of it are spent with Olimar throwing pikmin, and Metaknight jumping to avoid them. How do you market this to an audience who doesn't play the game? You can't do it. The two characters are not interacting in a meaningful way.

If nothing else, both Nintendo and MLG would rather see Melee played in a professional setting because it is simply more exciting for viewers.
I liked that game, lol. That game was hype. Hi I'm a smash veteran. You may not have heard of me but I've sat down and broke bread with some of the best smashers in brawl and melee. (look at my join date check out my old posts) I've played countless times with PCchris, and KDJ, when I was up in CT and ColBo, Hbox when I was in FL, back during the first big boon of melee. and I've played competitive brawl since release for quite some time. I was at one point considered the best Brawl Sheik in the states. I know my stuff in both games.

Melee, at least when I played was not about positioning and spacing. it was about running in and forcing errors. With to tier characters as long as your tech skill was up spacing wasn't a thing. The game then was very low risk high reward. "cool my gamble paid off I got this grab lets turn that into a stock or high percent." or "dang I missed my grab but I won't really get punished that bad because I have the momentum; I'm in control." Baiting and spacing were there but back then brawl was a much more aggressive game where you were forcing yourself on the opponent because defensive options were so bad. And because of the speed those guessing game approaches can start and much larger distances much much larger than brawl which let characters like falcon and fox still be strong picks in spite of range and priority. Projectiles aren't powerful in melee (bar Samus :) and falco) and even then power shielding can flip that power and makes projectiles a risk for people using them.
Melee is a very offensive game since your defensive and zoning options are so weak.

In brawl things kind of flip now. approaches/punishes can still net a stock in some match ups, but in most situations they will net you a small percent lead. Kills rarely come from long combos now but are rewards for good reads, or a punishment for bad errors.
But the power is in the defenders hands. Better OOS options in better rolls, spot dodge, and glide toss. Even basic shield drop jab, tilt, dash attack, ect. beat wave dashes speed and utility since shield drop animation is sped up in brawl. and most characters have better upBs now as well. Projectiles have really been powered up in this game which create their own zones. (except Samus :( ) so now a botched approach leads to you taking much more damage, and more importantly can puts you in a worse position.
So Brawl is a game where you fight for zone control. You want to control a zone so that you have the least risk on your approach into your opponents strong defensive zone.

Right. So I say all that to say this. Comparing brawl to melee is like comparing SF2 to SF3, like comparing Chess to Checkers. Combos doesn't make a game more competitive than another, speed doesn't make a game more competitive or "better". More exciting? maybe. When you are trying to create a spectators sport that's important that's a fair argument. But brawl for me has always been much more engaging and more suspenseful, and I think that kind of game has a spot in tournaments as well. You can get on youtube and look up brawl matches and see in the comments that people are excited even if they aren't top teir players (though most aren't too fond of MK, lol)

I think there are a lot of reasons why Nintendo may be hesitant to OK Brawl for MLG. They want that player support, they want to know the game will be successful. And they want the game to be shown in good light. I think with how a lot of people troll streams and the brawl community in general that may be hard to do. All it takes is a few kids to turn a stream into a shouting match about whose game is better. and that negativity isn't going to get people going to to buy super smash brother brawl or melee, or SSB4.

So I think for this push to succeed the Brawlers need to get out there and push the game. And the people out there that don't enjoy the game need to be okay with that and not try to actively sabotage their efforts. The progression of brawl does nothing to hamper melee.

On a side note if you guys get time check out SKTAR 2 if you are looking for diversity in tournaments.
http://smashboards.com/threads/sktar-2-results.339612/

2 MKs in the top 8. 0 MKs in the top 4. A lot of cool suspenseful engaging matches. And Florida, whats not to love?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Oh my god. Can we just close this ****storm of a thread already? We're getting nowhere. Or at least have a mod in here to bust out warnings and crap.

This is ********. I'm beginning to understand why I don't check this site as often as before and just use Facebook with my friends.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Oh my god. Can we just close this ****storm of a thread already? We're getting nowhere. Or at least have a mod in here to bust out warnings and crap.

This is ********. I'm beginning to understand why I don't check this site as often as before and just use Facebook with my friends.
I'm slowly beginning to remember why I took a hiatus from here in the first place. Just gets to the point the arguments and drama is too pointless.

Tugnus

Smash Cadet
I'll be AMAZED if Brawl doesn't die in less than a month after the release of SSB4.

All the Brawl pro's are just going to shift to SSB4. There will be no competitive scene left. Brawl players aren't nearly as obsessed with their game mechanics as Melee players.

Here is a question for all of you Brawl fanboys that I am seriously curious about. What is going to keep you playing Brawl over SSB4 when it comes out (besides availability)?

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'll be AMAZED if Brawl doesn't die in less than a month after the release of SSB4.

All the Brawl pro's are just going to shift to SSB4. There will be no competitive scene left. Brawl players aren't nearly as obsessed with their game mechanics as Melee players.

Here is a question for all of you Brawl fanboys that I am seriously curious about. What is going to keep you playing Brawl over SSB4 when it comes out (besides availability)?
Because if combos become more accessible in Smash 4, Brawl has taught me the utmost patience. My defensive meta game and mindgame/reading game have all stemmed from Brawl.

I will play Smash 4 more no doubt, but I ain't about to drop Brawl since it's given me so many fundamentals I wouldn't mind continuing to hone.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
implying awesome pillars aren't hype
implying shining someone off the side doesn't feel great
implying people hate jiggz for her edge guarding
The only thing you mentioned that's a 'negative' is wobbling. Sorry we like this weird 'entertaining' and boringly 'fast-paced' gameplay. Also this isn't a brawl oriented thread, it's more of an MLG oriented thread. Just because you support melee doesn't mean people who support melee have to support brawl. The melee community has went leaps and bounds over what the brawl community has accomplished and is getting recognized for it. Plain and simple.
The title literally says BRAWL prevented from the MLG Floor. This is more of a Brawl thread.

Top Bottom