• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Opening Screen

The Cape

Smash Master
Going to create a new screen to go in place instead of the Wii Strap logo.

It will have the Brawl+ logo and the names of those who worked on the project as well as what they did and a small image. This is something that I believe will be great for the final version and will also help to tart it up.

This is the current list of names that I have, anyone to add? (Also need pics for each)

Cape
yeroc
Muba
Shanus
Kupo
Goodoldganon
Falco400
Leafgreen486
Dark_Sonic
Shell
Phantom Wings
Paprika_Killer
Spunit262
Almas
Alopex
Y.S.
Mookie Rah
Wind Owl

And a shoutout to the whole Gecko crew

Almas

Smash Lord
Well gee, if we get pics, it's hard for me to have anything other than a sexy british flag.

I agree with this - I raised it with shanus at one point I think. I think doing some texture hacking to pretty up the game would be important. Maybe include a version number in the hack too.

The Cape

Smash Master
Thinking this for the final product. Just to make it look alot prettier in the end.

British flag is fine, just make it kind of avatar sized.

D

Deleted member

hm gotta find something decent then.

second choice:

gotta downsize it but the edited pic isn't on this PC

and on another note, can my name be changed to "The Paprika Killer" ?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
God, I've been gone for too long. I don't want to destroy this thead with this, but could someone PM me with something to get me up to speed?

Seriously... The Brawl+ movement seems to have come a long way just from looking at the boards. It has it's on section with sub sections and all sorts of bells and whistles O_o. I'm literally stunned. But yeah, I guess whenever I get on my Mac portion of this computer I'll send one.

BTW, I'm a graphic designer, I gots my BFA and everything. I wouldn't mind being the one in charge of making the screen pretty.

The Cape

Smash Master
Mookie, you can have the job. I got the basics mapped out if you want to take over from what I have.

Also, IM me or something, you missed me going through your state :(

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Mookie, you can have the job. I got the basics mapped out if you want to take over from what I have.
Sweet. Definitely send me what you got. It should be easy to design, seeing as Nintendo has sorta streamlined how everything in Brawl looks. I'll just imitate that so that it looks legit :-P.
Also, IM me or something, you missed me going through your state
Yeah, I saw that and smacked myself in the head. I was going through my final portfolio review to graduate around that time and I just completely forgot. :-(

BTW, this **** looks amazing. I haven't moved everything out of my place in Starkville since I graduated, and one of the things I left was my wii. It makes me sad now after reading these changes, I want to try it out soooooo bad. Ganon getting upB back after warlock foot! Falcon gets his ankle blaster back! Good jesus! It makes me happy in the pants.

Revven

FrankerZ
Welcome back MookieRah! People missed you (a lot did actually). I hope you get your Wii soon so you can further help out Brawl+ with your valued opinion and potential ideas! :) (Please try to get onto the IRC daily if you you can sir).

FYI, spunit and Phantom Wings are both gone (well, spunit's computer broke last month, haven't heard from him since) and PW is taking a break. Just thought you should know, we still have Almas and PK though and they seem to be enough for now! ^_^

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
How are you gonna fit that many pictures of people on the one screen?

Wouldn't it just be almost like everyone back here?

Would I qualify?

Almas

Smash Lord
Mookie!

Talk to me on AIM, I'll tell you everything.

I've been thinking a little while about this. I think forcing credits onto the front screen while awesome would be kinda lame. I'd rather try and do something like remove SSE from B+ and replace the link with one to a credits screen.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Hmm, I think Almas has a point. While it would be cool to gather up images for everyone and have them on the main screen, it would be quite busy at best, if not completely cluttered. We would have to limit the people on the screen, and it would not give credit to everyone that has helped out. So yeah, I think having a credits list would be best, and with that we could even designate what the person did, such as beta tester, coder, etc.

Now, a good idea would be to provide a link to the Brawl+ site, and there we could set up a spot where we could show an avatar or an image of everyone involved with the project since we wouldn't be limited to the space on a screen. That'd be cool, we could have our cake and eat it too.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Hmm, I think Almas has a point. While it would be cool to gather up images for everyone and have them on the main screen, it would be quite busy at best, if not completely cluttered. We would have to limit the people on the screen, and it would not give credit to everyone that has helped out. So yeah, I think having a credits list would be best, and with that we could even designate what the person did, such as beta tester, coder, etc.

Now, a good idea would be to provide a link to the Brawl+ site, and there we could set up a spot where we could show an avatar or an image of everyone involved with the project since we wouldn't be limited to the space on a screen. That'd be cool, we could have our cake and eat it too.
Great to see you back man.

Anyway, I like this idea. Just get a really good background with the logo started and then write a small credits section at the bottom with a link to our site, there we can include either real life photos or just avatars.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Mookie! Welcome back dude!

On topic: I agree that it could get very cluttered on the opening screen like that and that we should look into putting it somewhere else. I'd like to see my name on there actually be correct, though >_>

Top Bottom