• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online: Pathetic. So let's do something about it.

Lord Aether

Smash Apprentice
My friend lives 10 minutes away. We had some pretty bad lag. My other friend lives 3000 miles away (ie, I'm in Maryland and he's in the UK, more specifically Wales). Only slightly input delay, and other than that it's basically as if he's over at my house playing Brawl right next to me.

In Nintendo's defense, they're still fairly new at this and they are running a free internet thing so...

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I agree completely with just about everything in this thread. I have found that you experience the least laggy connections when both you and your opponent are playing on LAN connection. WiFi is just too weak to handle what the Wii has to offer. It worked on the DS because the graphics aren't great, there's not much data to transfer. But I have sense begun to doubt THAT is even the problem.

I dunno how many of you have played Mario Kart Wii yet, and when I say played, I mean online. It's fit for a god. No lag. At all. And hey, wait, what's that? You MOVE MORE in Mario Kart than you do in Brawl. Finally it just clicked in me - Nintendo ****ed up Brawl's internets because they didn't want it to get too intense. Nintendo's all about playing with friends, but apparently to them, the only friends you can have are the ones you can shake hands with after each match, which is obvious from their complete intolerance in the exchange of friend codes at what used to be the N-Sider forums (don't get me started)

Every online game they released, to me, it seemed that they made the online options a bit better. Mario Kart DS, their first WiFi game was perfect. Yeah, it had that random play assignment thing, and wouldn't let you do 1v1, but that's fine. It was all good. Then Metroid Prime Hunters came out. I felt like they were definitely on the right track. Now you could add Rivals like friends that you don't know. This system was almost perfect. It was getting somewhere. Now all you needed to do was to be able to contact these rivals somehow, send them an invite to a game or something before hand... something like that.

But now we get another step up the ladder, to a game more anticipated than a multiplayer Metroid. A game that their fans waited 7 long years for. The online Super Smash Bros. I anticipated how great it would be. I told friends in far off countries "Yeah, we'll see who's better, when Super Smash Bros Revolution comes out." We had it all planned out. But now Nintendo just kicks us in the balls, stabs us in the face and spits on us. Sakurai, the man I have lost all respect for, brings out Super Friendship Bros.: Fail!. Every day he taunts us with lame updates showcasing the awesome features of the perfect game. Then finally it comes. Online play. The thing we had all waited for. More planning. More days. Those days turn into years. A promised date of December 3rd is moved to February is moved to March. All of that waiting so that the only feature any of us got it for can suck horribly.

Do I agree we should have to pay for Nintendo's Wifi connection? No. The majority of us had to go out and buy extra crap just to get online. At least with XBL all you needed probably already came with your computer. Besides, I don't agree with paying monthly for anything, especially a game. I went out and paid once for a game I hope to enjoy more than once. I don't want to pay more than once for a game I'll eventually tire of.

Do I think Nintendo's Wifi connection sucks? No. I have seen that it doesn't suck. Brawl's online sucks and it was made to suck. The Lag isn't the result of connection as much as it is the result of a "fair and balanced system." What's the best way to equal the grounds? A complete noob steps in with a seasoned Melee pro. One's playing with his Wiimote sideways because he doesn't know any better, the other, playing with his Gamecube controller, tap jump off, because he knows this works best. How do you equal this out? Make them lag. So the kid with the wiimote can press buttons as slow as he wishes and the guy with the Cube controller can try to perform his techs, but the result is the same - you lag into a dash attack. You jump twice instead of once. You roll 4 times. I honestly believe that the majority of the lag is built in. Call me insane if you want. It's what I think.

So the premise of this thread is "Do something about it."? Yeah. That works great. Let's look at all the things doing something about it has gotten us.

Mother 3: Still not in English
Nintendo 64: Never got a disk drive
Gamecube: Never got online
Wii: never saw the name Revolution or came in black
Project Hammer: Got canceled, even though everyone showed interest in it

Nintendo doesn't give a crap about it's fans. That's what we're all trying our best not to see. But anyone with a brain knows it's true. Nintendo could care less what the hell we say. What the hell we think. Everyone in the world could call in to Nintendo until their phones stopped working, everyone in the world could Ping Nintendo's website until they ran out of bandwidth, Nintendo wouldn't care. They're content with what they made. They're getting as bad as Sony.

So far, I've just come to shrug it off. It's not any good to complain about it. It'll just make me not want to play Brawl. And I like that game. It's good. A Mother character with skills? That's for me. Overall, I see the game as sub-par. It didn't live up to any of our expectations because Nintendo didn't listen, as usual. If I want good online play, I'll give my friend a TV that has a camera attached to it and tell him to sit in my kitchen. I'll stay in my room with the camera pointed at the TV and we'll play away from each other. Otherwise, I'm sticking to offline play.

AsherXII

Smash Cadet
I agree, nintendo could have set up their online services a bit better, but even so. its amazing enough that brawl has any online at all, and I thoroughly enjoy playing online regardless.

ktmf

Smash Rookie
if anyone has played mario kart wii you'd know that brawls online compared to mario kart is a complete joke. mario kart has so many features anyone who has played brawl would love to have such as online rankings and even tournaments.

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo needs to answer to the supply and demand of society. If we want more gory games or Kid Icarus sequel, then by all means give it to us. The Wifi connection is clear proof of what I mean.

Wolf-Link

Smash Rookie
well u know guys it also depends on your internet connection.. cuz my internet is GREAT but using a bunch of computers with the same internet port jams the wii's signal since it wasn't made to take internet in a precise way like computers do.. so in my case there's a bunch of computers using the internet in my house while i am playing online.. and that brings some lag when i am playing with my friend that lives in the same country..and same city i do.. and when there r no computers here i play perfectly fine.. so that might be a problem.. (just trying to help u guys)

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I have one computer - this one, and my Wii on my network. That's it. Of course, it's divided up by a Netgear Wireless/Wired 802.11b router. I have 50 feet of Ethernet patch cable between my Wii and the router, but my teacher in Networking said that 100 feet is when the connection diminishes in wired connections. My internet is cable and I have my computer operating at peak performance. Brawl's online server is simply trash.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Note: may contain foul language :D
Holy **** - Honestly, the online is terrible, horrible, stupid, and (Insert preferable insult here). I love Nintendo, I love their games, and everything (except online). They have done such a great job with many things. The one thing they do not do, is listen to the gamers' ideas. Of course they have listened to them, but what I mean is that they still ignore alot of us. And when we do get to reach them and tell them 'Your online sucks, change it, make it better, or suffer the consequences of losing the war.' What do they say? They say 'Nobody wants online except for you, shut up, go **** yourself, (good) Online will only make you suffer by the hands of pedophiles.' Well **** you nintendo, not all of us are children who are stupid enough to go ahead and tell everyone their address, number, etc.. You decide to screw us over with your 16... count 'em 16 digit friend codes, as you call them. AND a 12 digit Wii code. It would be so much better if they offered CHOICE. The ability to have stock matches, the ability to make friends with someone, and not play anonymously/blind folded. We have made SO MANY attempts at reaching them for better online.. or so i believe. Yet they sincerely insist that their way is the best way. Hopefully someday, Nintendo will not only get their online straight, but their graphics technology. (Which has nothing to do with this, but seriously.) To those who decide to flame this: we all love nintendo's goody games, they've done this for us, but they haven't done anything for us. They've made brawl, yet they still haven't listened to us on the concern of online play. I have bought nintendo consoles for years. for well over 10 years, and I give my honest opinion on this topic, if you don't like it, go **** yourself :)
Methods to reaching Nintendo: I suggest the www.starmen.net's method. Using something to annoy them to the bitter end. I.e. call them, write emails/mail to them etc... FAN SERVICE TO THE RESCUE :)
-GK

Lucario2k8

Smash Cadet
somewhere far away think its called hyrule
every one who has poseted on this thread write an email together concerning the, state of online play maybe if it is a group effort we can open there eyes to the possabiltys of a great online service, to rival, or possible be better than PS3 OR 360, if the got a link to this thread, and read it the whole way through they could see that we provide good pointsand arnt just moaning, but having an intellectual conversation about the possibilys that a nintendo wi fi service that was dedecaited and devoted like xbox live ,nintendo are making a mistake abondoning there fanbase in search of new customers like the severly young or crippling old, after a while people will get sick of nintendos lack or mature games, and we need to open there eyes to the fact that if they dont 1.make there graphics engine powerfuller, 2.abandon there "Touch generations" bull**** which every one has forgotten about 3.Make a wifi connection that works and isnt restricted by so many restrictions, they will surely lose the console war for many generations to come

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Let's play break down the message!

I'm troubled by the general disregard Nintendo seems to have for its users. With this game, they have created an online system depriving us of all the things that an online system should have.
Hey, be happy you have an online system in the first place. Also, it's not disgaurd, it's saftey from little kids hearing big swear words and pedos. Plus I bet that there'd be at least 100 people named "NIGGR" if you could see names. I'm not black, but some people out there are and would be offended.
Grievances:
Friend Codes/With A Friend - *shudder* I'm not sure who at Nintendo thought this would be a good idea. It's not. 16 random numbers???
12 numbers thank you. Plus it's merely a form of identification, and it's not like we have to imput it everytime we play a friend, we only have to imput it once.

There is no way to interact with your friends within the system either.
It may not be the best, but the Taunt system is a short one.

You can't challenge them, you can't message them.
I don't think it'd take too much time off one's hands to ask someone over the computer now would it?

You can't play anyone 1 on 1, or in any sort of intentional fashion, unless they are your friend.
More the merrier I always say.

And they limit you to 64 friends. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. A textbook example of how not to design a system.
64 is good. I don't see how much more then that I'd need to add. I don't think I'd need the entire smashboards community on my Friends.

Voice Chat - There is none! There is no (good) way to communicate with fellow players. So much of the fun of smash is the feeling of playing a fast paced game with people. Nintendo has managed to take that away.
Say, didn't Sakurai say something about using Skype? Why I think he did! Also, this is to prevent pedos, and voice transfer can help clog up the servers.

With Anyone - There is a complete lack of options here.
Basic Brawl, or Team mode my good man?

You cannot set it to stock.
If all matches were stock, the server would lag further do to matches taking longer. Plus not everyone agrees on the same set of rules.

You cannot play 1v1's.
You're repeating yourself, so I will too:The more the merrier

You, have, no, choice.
At least you can have a lottery for Items being off.

If I play a player I want to play again, I should be able to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
This one I understand, but what if they don't want to play you? plus you only have up to 64 friends anyways.

I understand that some players may want to play anonymously (that should be an option. what a stunning idea: options!), but making the entire system is anonymous is just ridiculous. I am sick of it. Nintendo continues to infantilize us.
We are anonymous. we do not forginve, we do not forget. I shall bring up my saftey statement again.

Lag - Lag is a huge issue with this game. Look around this forum: user after user complaining of lag.
I agree, but most of your suggestions are helping to add to the lagfest.

I have yet to play an online game at a speed where I felt it was enjoyable.
I have :)

And I know my internet is good, low ping latency, static ip, dmz, etc... I'm not asking for anyone to offer suggestions.
It's called distance. You can't be right next to every opponent.

The problem is with the game/nintendo's network.
At least they have a network, be thankful for that.

Ranking/Tournament/Organized Play of any sort WITHIN the game- There is none. There should be. But that is so far from priority, that I'm not even going to get into it.
Ranking-So how would you feel to be in 15,398th place in the overall smash world?

Tournament- Two words: Lag adder

Organized Play-With Friends is fairly organized.

So I don't really see the problem. The game wasn't

The fact is the whole system is incredibly flawed.
I'd rather have a flawed system then none at all

An online system should allow anyone to jump right into a game without knowing anyone
it does, but it's gotta find the game first.

Players should be able to TALK to each other.
I don't want smash to become like Halo in terms of whing noob 10 year olds k thx. With Friends would be ok though.

If the players enjoyed the match, they should be able to friend each other.
Again with the repeating. Check my earlier statement on this I'm not typing it again.

Players should be able to add a friend just by knowing their name
Ok, I'll add "HOWTPRONSTAR1337" to my friends because I like their name. I'd prefer to know who they are first.

and should be able to message them (audio, or text, or just some sort of CHALLENGE feature)
Skype, AIM

to get a game going. The gameplay should be fast paced, the gameplay should be fun.
If you don't like Brawl's SLIGHTLY SLOWEDDOWN gameplay, gtfo.

The gameplay should not feel like the matrix
When did it?

, there should not be HUGE button lag,
Oh boo hoo it took my game 2/37ths of a second to respond to my button press.

and it should not be dominated by whoever spams "big" attacks the most.
This happens locally anyways.

The online play takes ALL the skill out of smash.
How so? It's still the same game.

I have yet to be able to play a game in which I could execute a F-Tilt to U-Smash (with sheik).
You just suck with sheik then.

All advanced play is GONE in online, forcing me to rely on smashes and dash attacks.
You can play as advanced as you want, no amount of lag will stop you.

How did nintendo manage to mess this up so badly?
They didn't mess it up, you just say it is.

Every match I play I find myself spending most of the match mentally penning angry letters to Nintendo.
Really? I focus on the match at hand.

I cannot decide which I am more angry about: the poor design of the online system or the unplayablity of the online game.
Design? Looks the same as normal brawl to me. Unplayability? Only in BIG LAG

And what really saddens me, is that there are so many people who are passionate about this game. We waited for YEARS for this. They bumped it and bumped it and bumped it.
They could've bumped it more you know.

Ever since Melee, I wanted online.
1. Get Project64k
2.Download Smash 64 Rom
3. ????
4. Profit!

XBox had it. PS2 had it. With the next round of consoles, I was excited. I was optimistic.
Online play isn't the world.

Wii had built in WiFi. But still, Nintendo has managed to screw over all of us.
By putting Wifi into smash?

XBL is a sophisticated service that does all this. Whatever the PS3 system is called, from the minimal encounters I have had with it, it seems to satisfy.
This is about smash, not other consoles. Plus I don't want to pay for my online play. Weren't for that, I'd have a 360 right now. Oh, and before someone says PSN is free, I still won't spend 500 on a console.

But Nintendo gives us something called "WFC" which is at least a decade behind.
So explain how the others connect then.

I am disgusted with them. This game is supposed to be their gift to us fans.
At least you got it.

So why is it that the online system is designed in a way that NO GAMER WANTS?!?!
You speak for yourself, not the gamer community. All I wish is a shrink on the lag and I'm fine.

I am angry, frustrated, and disgusted. But more than that, I want the game I deserve!
Oh boo hoo brawl didn't completely satisfy the wish you had in you wet dream. plus by the way you're complaining, you deserve an Atari 2600 version of smash bros.

That we, as the community of people who love smash, deserve!
More like want. Also, stop speaking for everyone else geez.

If Nintendo allowed its users to patch the game (I know they never would, I'm just making a point),
I think the nintendo channel can do something like that.

I have no doubts that we would have a fully functional online service. I find this incredibly frustrating and saddening.
Again, AT LEAST YOU HAVE YOUR ONLINE SERVICE!

So what can we do about it? We need to send a message to Nintendo. What I ask you, fellow board members, to do, is to help me come up with some way to reach Nintendo.
Call, or run into the building with a bomb on your chest.

Let us brainstorm some strategies to try to make some change. Mass email writing? Continously calling the complaint/comments number? Online petition?
none of these worked with MOTHER3 so I don't think it'll make any diffrence.

I'm not sure what the best method of attack is.
Oh, attack? Go with the bomb strapped to your chest then.

What I do know is that there are many, many, many of us frustrated with this game, and we want change.
Again speaking for others. I mean sure they agree, but speak for yourself first.

With the online abilities of the Wii, I see no reason why the game cannot be patched (a patch would likely be very small, as it would be only code, no graphics or maps, and thus, could likely fit in the Wii's internal memory. Also, the majority of the "patch" would likely be server-side, meaning nothing would have to be downloaded to the console.)
This could work out.

If anyone has any sourced information on the feasibility of patching (Sakurai saying "no DLC" does not count), please post it.
Sakurai being busy on other games count?

Otherwise, please, please, as a community, let us come up with a way to reach Nintendo.
Didn't you say let ME earlier?

Are they likely to do something? Impossible to say.
ask.

What is definite is that they are more likely to do something if 10 or 100 thousand people complain.
Didn't work with MOTHER 3

All they have for information right now are incredibly high sales numbers. They need to hear our voices.
So call them

Smashers, To Arms!!!
Ok good luck with that.

Gian

Smash Apprentice
Kirbykrew:
Stop defending nintend they screwd up thats it. I rather have no online but they teling us "thers not goan be online" that make us have high expectatives and then let us down in suck a bad way.

On my side i rather go to my "smash friends" 20 mins away of my house to play some meele than playing this stupid online

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Kirbykrew:
Stop defending nintend they screwd up thats it. I rather have no online but they teling us "thers not goan be online" that make us have high expectatives and then let us down in suck a bad way.

On my side i rather go to my "smash friends" 20 mins away of my house to play some meele than playing this stupid online
Let me rephrase my statements: If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. If you can't make lemonade, suck it up. No matter what people do, unless they can configure this in the nintendo channel, Brawl's online is the way it is and that's how it's gonna be. half of the stuff the OP suggested isn't possible to add by a mere patch, would require equipment, and might reverse what he wants and increase lag. They tried their hardest, and that should be seen.

Lag is caused by distance, display, connection, and the server.

Also, you have to remember that tourney players and the rest of smashboards aren't the targets, everyone is, so that's why they made it slower and easier. The lag was just unfortunate.

Appriciate what you have instead of complaining over what you don't. It could help live a happier life.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
But Nintendo gives us something called "WFC" which is at least a decade behind. I am disgusted with them.
In 1996, a game came out, a game that could be played *freely* on Battle.Net. It was called Diablo. You could play up to 4 people per game (rings a bell?) and it worked nicely most of the time. Yep, Nintendo's a decade behind... and more.

Yes, we waited years for this piece of **** online mode that disconnects in the middle of Sudden Death, preventing me from even finishing even one match.

We also waited years for Ganondorf to get his **** sword (WHERE DO YOU THINK MY **** NAME CAME FROM?!!), but hey, let's replace him with a walking publicity campaign for the new Fire Emblem game, namely the ***got "fighting for his friends". (Yeah he's gay, look it up, and Marth isn't, screw y'all).

And guess what? Even if Mario Strikers' and Mario Kart Wii's online modes totally suck compared to good old free B.Net's or XboX Live's, they disconnect less often and lag way less than Brawl's.

Brawl's online mode totally sucks: I tried playing with Colten who's in Newfoundland (I'm in Québec, ****it! it's not that far away) and it lagged so much it was unplayable. Hell, it lags playing with people who are in the same city as me. Oh, and I've got Cable connection.

I cannot express how much I despise Brawl's online mode, except in these words:

Criss de mode en ligne à marde de câlisse. "En ligne" mon cul! Même une "ligne" de coke recoupée huit fois est de meilleure qualité, et encore là chus généreux. Le mode en ligne de Brawl suce tellement, j'ai même pu besoin de putes.

Oh, and did it occur to anyone why a disconnected player is replaced by a CPU? My guess is that, since the devs knew the online mode sucked, and thus knew that disconnections would be frequent, they thought it appropriate to replace disconnected players with CPUs. This allowed them to rush out the game, and would also explain why Ganondorf is still a **** clone.

Note that when I say "rush out", I'm talking about the core multiplayer game, not about SSE or the stickers/music/useless crap that was tacked on.

In short, **** Brawl's "online" mode.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
to tell you the truth i wouldnt mind if nintendo didnt have a online service, it is that ****, i could so live without it.
One of the main points of Brawl was the ability for online play. As bad as the online play is, Brawl would be even less than the game people already perceive it as if there was no online play.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Let me rephrase my statements: If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. If you can't make lemonade, suck it up. [...]

Appriciate what you have instead of complaining over what you don't. It could help live a happier life.
Double post, who the **** cares.

Venting doesn't mean not "appriciating" [sic] what the **** we have. It just means expressing ourselves and looking at the facts. Brawl's online mode sucks compared to most others. Fact.

The game was made to catter to little children and lure new gamers to it, old and young, and is therefore less complex than its predecessors, especially Melee. Fact. Tripping's a nuisance. Opinion, but hey, I'm a make it a fact just to piss you off. Nobody likes tripping anyway.

And the matter is, I'm sick of ****ing gaming companies dumbing their games down to catter to the lower common denominator. Look at what they did to Thief, god****it! I wait and wait for Thief 3, and get a piece of **** XboX garbage game where Garrett unlearned swimming, and missions are as big as my pocket. I fear what Eidos Montréal will do with Thief 4. It'll probably become a medieval GTA. Tards.

I wait for Brawl, and get this. Not as bad as what they did to Thief 3 (thank God), but still, the whole "let's catter-to-newbies" approach ruined it somewhat. And guess what? With Brawl as well as with Thief 3, companies don't sell more of their products by dumbing them down! That's right, XboX gamers went back to GTA after seeing Thief 3, while Thief hardcore fans (TTLG guys) were just pissed off.

Here's an article showing why the casuals Brawl was "targeted at" won't buy it:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=4&entryid=1823

Edit: whoever disagrees, I don't care, **** you.

Naybewon

Smash Ace
I'm disappointed with the FC issue. Sakurai explained why he didn't want a voice chat system implemented and I GUESS I can deal with that but I'm still disappointed over it.

I'm not ungrateful though; I'm glad SSBB is out and I'm happy to play online when I have a chance...But it's so very annoying to want to play with friends or play with someone at least who you have the FC of and they're NEVER online...so then you end up having to go to the Brawl with Anyone area and play with rules you want to change and people who sometimes suck so bad they make you want to cry...etc.

I don't think there can be a patch though. In another thread, I posted an IGN interview where Sakurai said there was no way for the Wii to handle patches, downloadable content, etc. He could be proven wrong of course, but going by what he said I think it's pretty hopeless :<

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I don't think there can be a patch though. In another thread, I posted an IGN interview where Sakurai said there was no way for the Wii to handle patches, downloadable content, etc. He could be proven wrong of course, but going by what he said I think it's pretty hopeless :<
Yeah well even if it was possible (as I think it is) do you think there would be a patch? Hell no, Nintendo's "let's put out a product and pretend it's perfect from the get-go" philosophy prevents that.

Translation? That sucks, and Nintendo has lagged behind in terms of technology since the Nintendo 64.

Master Raven

Smash Master
:chuckle: @ Warlock's posts (I agree with you that Brawl's online isn't very good but Christ)

In any case, here's one thing that puzzles me: how the hell is it possible for me to play a friend from the UK on Mario Kart Wii with zero latency issues, whereas I lag from playing someone from Georgia (I live in Miami)? ffs Nintendo

Zema

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think that the day that Nintendo will make internet better is the day Super Mario RPG comes out on virtual console.

Woohoo?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
:chuckle: @ Warlock's posts (I agree with you that Brawl's online isn't very good but Christ)

In any case, here's one thing that puzzles me: how the hell is it possible for me to play a friend from the UK on Mario Kart Wii with zero latency issues, whereas I lag from playing someone from Georgia (I live in Miami)? ffs Nintendo
He has a worse connection its that simple.
The game lags because of the person with the worst connection.

it lags the same reason people lag when on Halo 3.
Someone has a bad connection so the game lags.

xTNTx

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I do find it kind of sad that I can play basically anyone on Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, or Mario Kart Wii with no lag, but Brawl lags like ****. And it sucks for me even more, because no one I know right now is even close to my skill level, and I don't know where tournaments are being held around Pennsylvania. Right now I would actually have been happier if they delayed Brawl for another year, just to make the Online better, with no lag.

Master Raven

Smash Master
He has a worse connection its that simple.
The game lags because of the person with the worst connection.

it lags the same reason people lag when on Halo 3.
Someone has a bad connection so the game lags.
Connection may possibly be the case here, but there's obviously something more to it when I can play people from multiple regions worldwide in Mario Kart with no lag whatsoever while I repeatedly lag from playing people near my region in Brawl.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
yeah bro id pay 50 bucks a year like xbox live does for serive like that. i get made fun of for having a wii and not xbox but smash is just way too good. but nintendo thinks were like what 12? how the hell is the game rated T. zomg a baloon pokemon fighting a rat one. common give us lag free matches and voice comm. and settings. they want u to like... ahh it gets me so angry. what can we do about it?

SPAM the everyone votes channel for headsets!!!
dam good idea

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
well it seems alot of people (including me) would rather melee and did it have online?and melee is in no way affected by a lack of online play, so sir you phail.
The fact that people prefer Melee over Brawl has nothing to do with its online. In fact, that is a terrible comparison as Melee doesn't even have online play, so something is better than nothing, in this case. People prefer Melee for the way it plays, not how online play works as there is no online play in Melee to begin with.

Also, Melee is a 7-year-old game with standards that differ from Brawl's. Do not even begin to compare a 7-year-old game with a new one.

Lucario2k8

Smash Cadet
so for recap so i dont have to reda this all arguing aside what is the plan?
well everyone(except xafterdawnx, but dont worry hes a ***) hates that nintendo has the worst online, and many attempts for letters/petitions/etc. have been made in an attempt to contact nintendo and inform them to make a better online sans friend-codes/with headsets/no lag/ability to add friends a la xbox live/patches.hope this helps:)

Lucario2k8

Smash Cadet
The fact that people prefer Melee over Brawl has nothing to do with its online. In fact, that is a terrible comparison as Melee doesn't even have online play, so something is better than nothing, in this case. People prefer Melee for the way it plays, not how online play works as there is no online play in Melee to begin with.

Also, Melee is a 7-year-old game with standards that differ from Brawl's. Do not even begin to compare a 7-year-old game with a new one.
wtf.dewd you are seriously annoying and no-one agrees with you.lol

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
what we need to do is all do one thing and over whelm them i would say petition or emails. what do you guys think

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
The idiocy in this topic is even more amazing than I thought.

Do not compare a game that requires frame precision (Brawl) to a game that covers up connection issues because it isn't as reliant on frame precision (MKWii). MKWii doesn't require strict precision because the engine is actually connecting the dots (the dots being where the player is from time to time) to appear smooth. If it were slowing itself down so every frame is still displayed, it would have similar slowdown issues. Brawl cannot do that because it's nearly required that all commands are read, even if faulty because of the game slowing down or speeding up. Get a better connection if you want to play a connection-heavy game, don't rely on the developers to make it for you. If you want to play an online game with "flawless" connection, play a game where a flawless connection isn't required.

It's a shame that everyone tries to compare Nintendo's online system to that of others. It's like comparing an elementary school kid's record mile run time to an Olympic record. Even if the run is terrible in comparison, it's still a good run. You don't need to keep up with the competition all the time if you have your own niche in the system.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
The idiocy in this topic is even more amazing than I thought.

Do not compare a game that requires frame precision (Brawl) to a game that covers up connection issues because it isn't as reliant on frame precision (MKWii). MKWii doesn't require strict precision because the engine is actually connecting the dots (the dots being where the player is from time to time) to appear smooth. If it were slowing itself down so every frame is still displayed, it would have similar slowdown issues. Brawl cannot do that because it's nearly required that all commands are read, even if faulty because of the game slowing down or speeding up. Get a better connection if you want to play a connection-heavy game, don't rely on the developers to make it for you. If you want to play an online game with "flawless" connection, play a game where a flawless connection isn't required.

It's a shame that everyone tries to compare Nintendo's online system to that of others. It's like comparing an elementary school kid's record mile run time to an Olympic record. Even if the run is terrible in comparison, it's still a good run. You don't need to keep up with the competition all the time if you have your own niche in the system.
do fps fall under the category or mkwii cause people say they play mohh2 flawlessly then jump into brawl for a lag fest

Marth Xero

Smash Cadet
Hmm, well I agree, but is it really Nintendo? Look at MSC and MKWii, those games have much better online play than Brawl. Is it Nintendo, or is it Sakurai? I don't know how these game companies work, but it jus doesn't make sense to me. I don't know, this is just a deduction I came up with.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
wtf.dewd you are seriously annoying and no-one agrees with you.lol
Actually, you seem to be the only one disagreeing with me. Brawl relies heavily on frame precision, so expecting zero-lag from the online is wishful and ignorant thinking. You want to see "annoying" and "no one agrees with you?" Go into the official Brawl tier list discussion topic. You made a completely uneducated and ignorant post that ended up with the following responses:

.....wow.....just wow.....
I lold
I truly, truly lol'd
That was funny.
Iq: I've dropped fifty points
Me: So be it
Good day.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Actually, you seem to be the only one disagreeing with me. Brawl relies heavily on frame precision, so expecting zero-lag from the online is wishful and ignorant thinking. You want to see "annoying" and "no one agrees with you?" Go into the official Brawl tier list discussion topic. You made a completely uneducated and ignorant post that ended up with the following responses:

Good day.
Wow. That's a F***in burn if I ever saw one. Sorry Lucario2k8, but you just got SERVED!

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I truly hope that someday nintendo will develope a better online system for Brawl but its never going to happen. I was promised by nintendo before I bought the game on opening night that it would have a good wifi service. That promise was not fullfilled. Now I feel like I've been cheated by nintendo. I believe this is how most people that expected good online play feel. Despite all this I don't think anything we can do will ever make nintendo update its wifi service. The only plausible thing I can think of is starting a petition thread somewhere on this site. People could sign it by posting on it. Someone could then send the thread to nintendo. I don't think it would do much but its still an idea.

Top Bottom