• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online: Pathetic. So let's do something about it.

D

Deleted member

This, This, This, This, This This, AND THIS.

YOU sir are so right. Your post is 100% perfection, absolutely no flaws in it what so ever. I have an excellent idea here, so I want everyone to listen.

We'll make an online petition with a minimum goal of 150,000 signitures and a max goal of one million signitures. But it won't be your normal online petition, reach goal, and wait and see if someone respond. Our goal will be to collect everyone's full name, full e-mail address, and reasons for signing this petition. Once we reach one million and collect all one million names and e-mail address, we will send it off to Nintendo and demand an respond to them.

They own us for the patethic online we've had to sit through in this game.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
This, This, This, This, This This, AND THIS.

YOU sir are so right. Your post is 100% perfection, absolutely no flaws in it what so ever. I have an excellent idea here, so I want everyone to listen.

We'll make an online petition with a minimum goal of 100,500 signitures and a max goal of one million signitures. But it won't be your normal online petition, reach goal, and wait and see if someone respond. Our goal will be to collect everyone's full name, full e-mail address, and reasons for signing this petition. Once we reach one million and collect all one million names and e-mail address, we will send it off to Nintendo and demand an respond to them.

They own us for the patethic online we've had to sit through in this game.
I thought this thread was gonna die:laugh:
Nice save

blackkanye

Smash Rookie
now this is a idea for a cooler online mode is if they could make a mode where you can make your own levels chat with people with voice chat and make a mode where it is like an mmo but just 2.5d. and the make your own levels will be like making your own base and you can make clan bases and everything i think it would be cool. pm me if you think so!

Reim

Smash Journeyman
the reason friends code limit matters is because that is the amount of people we're limited to in playing customizable matches. that's all.

i completely agree with OP. sounds good, what we need to do is
1) Decide on what is is we want from online play. If we don't give a CLEAR cut demand than Nintendo could lazily fufill 1/3 of what online should be, separating the "movement".
2) Gather people on this site, advertise it on this site, and then get people from other major smash bros sites to join in the petition or whatever it is we do.
3) Decide what we are going to do. Petition? Call in one phone line? Email spam? Boycott tournaments? etc.
basically we need to organize this.
I completely agree with you.

Jojoisphat

Smash Rookie
funny.. I read this thread looking at posts as old as April 2008. Slight flaw in all of these plans guys, mainly that Nintendo surely knows of all these problems.

It's been well over a year... i mean, "smashboards" isn't exactly an underground hidden source. This is a question of motivation for nintendo. Frankly, what motivation do they have to change? Some sort of small fee (40-50 a year) that allows nintendo to break even and makes us happier doesn't do ANYTHIGN for them. Bottom line.. they KNOW this is a competitive game, and they know that the "true" gamers of it won't quit just because the online sucks (instead they'll go to home games/tournies like they did for all other inceptions of the game). The folks who care less are somehow ok wiht the limited online play, just happy they can interact with others.

So how do we actually MOTIVATE nintendo to make some sort of change? (hopefully not too bad as a first post.. though i've been playing for years and reading these threads)

JOE!

Smash Hero
they probably made the online crappy to encourage more live-tourneys

alot more fun seeing you beatsomeone who's in the room with you :p

Bynine

Smash Cadet
Although I agree with your post, I must say that I doubt Nintendo will be able to edit the online play now, especially considering that they'd get no money off of it.

turnip tosser

Smash Rookie
what nintendo needs to do is make melee available online and we should all send that pathetic excuse of a game called brawl back to nintendo and sign a petition saying we want are money back unless they make that hunk of turd better.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
The PS3 has better online, and its free. I played a dude in canada with no lag in borderlands. I had a control lag however that you don't notice after you play for a while. I think that nintendo really needs to know that there are some more mature people playing their games that want to chat or do something to interact with other players. I think that might be a reason why we have taunt parties online.

Top Bottom