• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yes, you can have a treat, Kandy :p *gives Kandy treat* YOU'RE WELCOME YOU WOOF
Don't touch it Wolf, he was playing mushy cookie with that thing.

In other news, ~13 posts to the next page. Don't care as much about this one, but I'm not averse to going for it.

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
HYPER! O-O HAI! OMG I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVERRRRR O:
Hi Dan. *gives taco*

It's been struggling, but it's still alive, Hype. You're pretty busy these days, I know, but try to stop by if you ever have the time.
Thanks Kaz, I have been busy with school and I don't play smash anymore really. Getting away from the game has done a lot for me tbh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hi Dan. *gives taco*

Thanks Kaz, I have been busy with school and I don't play smash anymore really. Getting away from the game has done a lot for me tbh.
OMGOMGOMG THANK YOU HYPERRRR ^0^

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
That's what I'm trying to do. Yet, I have no self-control. This stuff just eats away at my time.

kaazers

Smash Master
You don't have to play the game to hang out here. How often were any of us actually on topic? It's a social anyways, right?

We'd all probably be better off if we got away from this game...

HYP3R

Smash Lord
That's what I'm trying to do. Yet, I have no self-control. This stuff just eats away at my time.
I stopped during the wifi shutdown, and didn't download the wiimfi patch until I knew I would be able to moderate my time.

Heeeeey Hype! :upsidedown: Been a while!
Hey bro, how's that Fox *ahem* I mean Lucario if you still play?

You don't have to play the game to hang out here. How often were any of us actually on topic? It's a social anyways, right?

We'd all probably be better off if we got away from this game...
Yeah I know, but i'm just saying i'm definitely not as hardcore as I was when I was active. Those 3 months chilled me out a lot, although I understand if some don't believe me. Looking back I was very immature.

If and when I get smash 4 I will try to play like old times but probably casual.

I see GYK is still hardcore though...

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
I stopped during the wifi shutdown, and didn't download the wiimfi patch until I knew I would be able to moderate my time.

Yeah I know, but i'm just saying i'm definitely not as hardcore as I was when I was active. Those 3 months chilled me out a lot, although I understand if some don't believe me. Looking back I was very immature.
If and when I get smash 4 I will try to play like old times but probably casual.
Always easy to look back and say that you were immature. It's always easier say that your mind was clouded and confused and you feel like you can think now but it never really is.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Always easy to look back and say that you were immature. It's always easier say that your mind was clouded and confused and you feel like you can think now but it never really is.
If you'd rather see results than just words that's fine by me. I haven't played smash in 3 months and all those things I used to ***** at being my skills or other people I don't see any reason to do now. All those techniques I used to practice on a daily basis I barely remember now. I remember when I first joined this thread I mentioned I had social problems, but that didn't excuse the way I acted. I'm not going to be very active for a while but I think I have improved socially at least a little bit.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
If you'd rather see results than just words that's fine by me. I haven't played smash in 3 months and all those things I used to ***** at being my skills or other people I don't see any reason to do now. All those techniques I used to practice on a daily basis I barely remember now. I remember when I first joined this thread I mentioned I had social problems, but that didn't excuse the way I acted. I'm not going to be very active for a while but I think I have improved socially at least a little bit.
I mean overall, for everyone. Trying to solve those OoT puzzles as a kid and then coming back and you're like, lolthiswashard?

You seem to have come back expecting criticism/hate but I don't think anyone has a vendetta against you.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I mean overall, for everyone. Trying to solve those OoT puzzles as a kid and then coming back and you're like, lolthiswashard?

You seem to have come back expecting criticism/hate but I don't think anyone has a vendetta against you.
Yeah sorry about that, just was unsure how people would react to me. Didn't mean to start a whole thing about this. *slips back into the shadows*

kaazers

Smash Master

Sounds like a plan. Let's all troll around in Smash 4 just like old times.

You, me, Baby Peanut: all of us red Marth. That has got to happen.

Casually? Maybe I finally have a chance at beating you… JK, JK. Hah.

edit: Just noticed that unintentional page claim… You're good.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
2 pages in a day.

9 users on the thread at once.

We livin' tho

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Sounds like a plan. Let's all troll around in Smash 4 just like old times.

You, me, Baby Peanut: all of us red Marth. That has got to happen.

Casually? Maybe I finally have a chance at beating you… JK, JK. Hah.

edit: Just noticed that unintentional page claim… You're good.

Yus.

@ H HYP3R Nice to see you again.^^

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
'Sup Hype. Good to see you again, and good to hear you're doing well.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

They're both just "meh" right now. I've actually been using Sheilda a lot recently. But...I gave up on having a main. :p I switch too often. So now I just "use" Fox, Lucario, Sheik, and Zelda.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
You use Fox? There's actually another Wifi Fox out there?

MAIN HIM!

**** Sheik, that thing has a secret penis anyway. If you use Fox, then you get to be bottom tier on Wifi and, therefore, more valid johning when you lose!

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
You use Fox? There's actually another Wifi Fox out there?

MAIN HIM!

**** Sheik, that thing has a secret penis anyway. If you use Fox, then you get to be bottom tier on Wifi and, therefore, more valid johning when you lose!
Well, I'm a little out if practice with him now. I don't think I'll main him again, since I'll probably get bored of him in a month and switch yet again.

And yes, Fox on WiFi SUCKS.

Sheik will always be female in my eyes.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I can see how you would get bored of him since he has to play defensively for the most part, but he's actually really good when if you can understand proper transitioning of offense and defense and how to utilize his various tools like jab cancelling, U-tilt lock, and even his underused true combos and frame traps. The Japanese are really the only ones that use him to his full potential besides a few European players, but it shows in their results. It also is partially due to their ruleset and its more strict stage selection, but still, they really make the character into something new.

Oh, and this.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I can see how you would get bored of him since he has to play defensively for the most part, but he's actually really good when if you can understand proper transitioning of offense and defense and how to utilize his various tools like jab cancelling, U-tilt lock, and even his underused true combos and frame traps. The Japanese are really the only ones that use him to his full potential besides a few European players, but it shows in their results. It also is partially due to their ruleset and its more strict stage selection, but still, they really make the character into something new.

Oh, and this.

It's not really Fox's fault I got bored. I just get tired of maining a character after a while. I'm stuck in an endless rotation of 4 characters. It's going to be even worse in Smash 4...

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It's not really Fox's fault I got bored. I just get tired of maining a character after a while. I'm stuck in an endless rotation of 4 characters. It's going to be even worse in Smash 4...
I pick up a new set of characters each game and drop the old ones. Except I accidentally picked up Falco in Brawl :awesome: woops. (kinda regret it but he's such a noob character)

64::kirby64: (:mario64:)

Melee: :falcomelee: (:drmario::samusmelee:)
Brawl: :diddy:(:zerosuitsamus::pit::toonlink:)

Smash 4: :4palutena: (:4wiifit:)

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I can understand switching as well, but my experience there is somewhat more limited. I've played Foxxy from 64 to Brawl, but PM Fox feels so off compared to his Melee version that I don't know who to use anymore, lol.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I pick up a new set of characters each game and drop the old ones. Except I accidentally picked up Falco in Brawl :awesome: woops. (kinda regret it but he's such a noob character)

64::kirby64: (:mario64:)

Melee: :falcomelee: (:drmario::samusmelee:)
Brawl: :diddy:(:zerosuitsamus::pit::toonlink:)

Smash 4: :4palutena: (:4wiifit:)
I plan on continuing to use Fox, Lucario, Sheik, and Zelda in Smash 4. I'm going to be picking up a lot of new characters when Smash 4 hits. Most of the roster, actually.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I can understand switching as well, but my experience there is somewhat more limited. I've played Foxxy from 64 to Brawl, but PM Fox feels so off compared to his Melee version that I don't know who to use anymore, lol.
Use everybody like me.

I literally use almost anyone in P:M. regardless of my experience with the character. All that matters is that I feel comfortable.

I don't take P:M seriously hahaha. I'd rather play Brawl. (gotta get the wifi version back... but then my time will be forever eaten)

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Use everybody like me.

I literally use almost anyone in P:M. regardless of my experience with the character. All that matters is that I feel comfortable.

I don't take P:M seriously hahaha. I'd rather play Brawl. (gotta get the wifi version back... but then my time will be forever eaten)
I've been the opposite, at least these days. I can't take Brawl seriously anymore and usually **** around with Ganon or Falcon, but in PM I'm trying to find some sense of direction. Samus was a flop. After many, many losses, I've discovered that she requires thinking to play, and that's not something I'm fond of, lol.

Anyway, don't worry about losing your time on Brawl. No one plays that turd anymore. :troll:

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Samus was a flop. After many, many losses, I've discovered that she requires thinking to play, and that's not something I'm fond of, lol.

No way dude. All you need to do is run up and grab 'em. 100% perfect strategy. P:M Samus is grab city. Mindlessly grab and Down throw. That's literally all I do with her and she's like my best P:M character. Down-Grab leads into so much crap. SOOOO MUCH CRAP!!!!!

Spam that grab son. I know you get it done.

Down grab> Nair/ Up-smash> they fall on a platform> Nair again to tech chase.

Also here's tech chasing with Samus. What's that? You suck at tech chasing you say? That's ok. Dash to get close. Mind game there get up move by scaring them. Then you wanna know what to do????

Grab.

1. Down-throw
2.Up-smash
3.Nair them on the platform
4.Spam missiles when they're off the stage.
5.?????
6.Profit

Oh but they recover low? They have a tether? Thats alright. Ruin their broken tether with your dumb morph ball bombs. Just do it off the ledge and they'll be helpless. Keep doing it. Bait them to miss the ledge with their Up-B. F-smash. OR OR OR!!!!!! More Grabs. Literally everyone in the arena shields way too much. Its as bad as a noobs spot dodging. They rely on it too much. It gets predictable. Watch them get up after a missed tech.... shield.... its too easy to get grabs with Samus. She has soo many options out of it.

Works every time 10/10

And to really mess them up... just approach with that stupid crawl attack. Then get a free dash attack. Also Missile cancel. More than likely they'll shield to block it. Then you know what??? grab...

If they don't shield??? Dash attack/ Grab anyways because you're a grabbing fiend.

Samus strats 20XX

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It's true that Samus' grab is good, but it's also one of her slowest punish options. If your opponent reads it and the grab whiffs, you're gonna feel it in your anus.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It's true that Samus' grab is good, but it's also one of her slowest punish options. If your opponent reads it and the grab whiffs, you're gonna feel it in your anus.
Or if he's a dodge spamming n00b :awesome:

I mean.... there's more to Samus than this haha. (that post was mostly an exaggeration but still her grab is really good)

I'll jab if my opponent is in my face.

Spam grab -> Get rekt.

Sonic is coming for you with that Spin-dash
Fixed for accuracy :awesome:

Top Bottom