• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yep, you can. There was once a time when people made intelligent posts instead of spamming empty spoilers, but I guess those have past. Don't know why, but I guess it makes sense, with Smash 4's release bringing in the refuse of the internet.

@ kaazers kaazers : That....won't be necessary, lol. Just glad to see that there's actually a soul behind the keyboard, instead of the old "I fought P2 Blue Ike/P3 Green Zelda/P4 Neutral Snake at 10:04 PM EST on Temple (goes on with 500 word analysis of taunter behavior)." On the not so positive side, it seems that when people let that soul out, it devolves into the usual routine of spamming archaic memes and putting every single word in all caps.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

I'm not sure why, but I still really miss them...

EDIT: Well, yeah it looks like we can get in trouble for this. Ah well.
What mod lurks this realm?

I'm tempted to double post just to see who infracts me

jk mods... jk....

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Nah, those "Warning Received" things above all the spammers' posts are just for show. You could probably try if you felt like it.

kaazers

Smash Master
Yep, you can. There was once a time when people made intelligent posts instead of spamming empty spoilers, but I guess those have past. Don't know why, but I guess it makes sense, with Smash 4's release bringing in the refuse of the internet.

@ kaazers kaazers : That....won't be necessary, lol. Just glad to see that there's actually a soul behind the keyboard, instead of the old "I fought P2 Blue Ike/P3 Green Zelda/P4 Neutral Snake at 10:04 PM EST on Temple (goes on with 500 word analysis of taunter behavior)." On the not so positive side, it seems that when people let that soul out, it devolves into the usual routine of spamming archaic memes and putting every single word in all caps.
Yup, that's just how we roll.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

I'm pretty sure it was Red Ryu, as he was the one who I received the warning message from.
Yeah, I think it was him. That's who gave me the message too.

Also, are you supposed to respond to the message? I haven't said anything back yet...

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
The option to respond to moderations is usually for disputes, IIRC. I wouldn't try that in this case.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I figured it's up to the user who received it for whether or not they want to respond. I understood the message and had nothing else to say on the matter so I didn't respond either.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The option to respond to moderations is usually for disputes, IIRC. I wouldn't try that in this case.
I always respond. I never know why I get infracted since I never intentionally know what I did wrong. I want to know what I did so I don't do it again. I got a minor spam infraction for telling someone not to double post once lol. I still don't know why.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yeah, but keep in mind they probably thought you were also unnecessarily cluttering the thread when you could have simply reported the first post.

As I said before, it's pretty obvious why the moderations occurred in this case, so it's not like disputing it would yield any results.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yeah, but keep in mind they probably thought you were also unnecessarily cluttering the thread when you could have simply reported the first post.

As I said before, it's pretty obvious why the moderations occurred in this case, so it's not like disputing it would yield any results.
It was in a social thread lol.

kaazers

Smash Master
I'm gonna be reunited with the ol' wii for a few days in a week's time which means I'm gonna be trolling dat BB, which in turn means I'm gonna be readying my fingers for some heavy-duty typing.

BBFF, I hope your body is ready.

Just kidding.
Maybe.

Speaking of infractions, I'm not entirely sure how I've gone this long without getting one.

inb4 i get one in the near future.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I'm gonna be reunited with the ol' wii for a few days in a week's time which means I'm gonna be trolling dat BB, which in turn means I'm gonna be readying my fingers for some heavy-duty typing.

BBFF, I hope your body is ready.

Just kidding.
Maybe.
Inb4 more fb mutual abuse. Gotta do that again, that was fun yo.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Oh yeah, fo' sho'. Nothing says friendship like beating each other black and blue! Heh.
And taunt-trolling one another. Hehe.
there will be much of that. you know it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not Smash related,,,but apparently Link is going to be playable as a DLC character in Mario Kart 8.

brb, I am now going to die of happiness from my inner-fanboy and then be brought back to life by that very same happiness

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Not Smash related,,,but apparently Link is going to be playable as a DLC character in Mario Kart 8.

brb, I am now going to die of happiness from my inner-fanboy and then be brought back to life by that very same happiness
I may consider getting Mario Kart 8 now. Even though I wouldn't even play as Link or Villager or Isabelle. Just Baby Daisy.

D

Deleted member

I HAVEN'T POSTED HERE IN, LIKE.......idk cx Dat MK 8 dlc thoughhhhhhhh-i dont have MK 8 ._.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yep. I've been here long before most posters today, and I'll still be here posting angry scrub call-outs when the sun is dead and the earth is frozen over.

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Weird... we've messed with spoiler tags to no end before to break pops' posts. No mod has ever punished them, even after incidents that left mods monitoring this thread constantly. The mods are coming!

They need to give him a rang that he can throw out whenever. :troll:
I HAVEN'T POSTED HERE IN, LIKE.......idk cx Dat MK 8 dlc thoughhhhhhhh-i dont have MK 8 ._.
Welcome back Fresco. Here's a taco. :) Not that I post all that much either >.>

D

Deleted member

Weird... we've messed with spoiler tags to no end before to break pops' posts. No mod has ever punished them, even after incidents that left mods monitoring this thread constantly. The mods are coming!

They need to give him a rang that he can throw out whenever. :troll:

Welcome back Fresco. Here's a taco. :) Not that I post all that much either >.>
OMGOMGOMG THANK YOU PATHYYYYYY ^0^ *eats taco*

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
A quote from the old social...

MechaWave said:
What is happening to this thread?
Brawl was probably at its second lowest point then, comparable only to its current state, but there was still a fair amount of activity then. Do people still use the social as more or less of a challenge thread, or is that a faded tradition? As much as some people disliked it, constantly having people fighting, cussing each other out, and johning kept the place pretty populated.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562

Brawl was probably at its second lowest point then, comparable only to its current state, but there was still a fair amount of activity then. Do people still use the social as more or less of a challenge thread, or is that a faded tradition? As much as some people disliked it, constantly having people fighting, cussing each other out, and johning kept the place pretty populated.
Before the beginning of may, even before the wi-fi disconnect you would find people doing the things underlined over in AIB, mostly the smash celebrities, at least I seen it.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Interesting. I never really got into AiB, hearing a lot of bad things about it and just not caring much to begin with, but there's definitely a lot more talent there than on most SWF matchmaking topics.

How would some of you filthy casuals feel about another Brawl Online boards tournament, like we held a long time ago around this time of year? I'm not sure I could compete myself with work and school schedules changing but would be happy to organize, set up brackets, help people train in friendlies, etc. The boards were dead then too, but when the tournament got going, we regularly had 10-15 lurkers and several users on the board at any given time. It would be a nice last hurrah for both vBrawl and these boards, since both will expire within a month or two.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Interesting. I never really got into AiB, hearing a lot of bad things about it and just not caring much to begin with, but there's definitely a lot more talent there than on most SWF matchmaking topics.

How would some of you filthy casuals feel about another Brawl Online boards tournament, like we held a long time ago around this time of year? I'm not sure I could compete myself with work and school schedules changing but would be happy to organize, set up brackets, help people train in friendlies, etc. The boards were dead then too, but when the tournament got going, we regularly had 10-15 lurkers and several users on the board at any given time. It would be a nice last hurrah for both vBrawl and these boards, since both will expire within a month or two.
Yes, I realize by responding to this that I am calling myself a "filthy casual". :awesome:

But yes, I would be interested in a tournament. I've wanted to be a tournament with everyone here (on the Online Boards) for a while now. Although...I might not be able to fully attend due to school and stuff. But we'll see.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Alright, that sounds good. I can see potentially getting a 16 man bracket, though it might be a stretch. We could always run something smaller/bigger depending on how many people are interested, and whoever is left over beyond the specified number could be reserves, since I can see a lot of people probably not showing up. Though it's not preferable, a single elimination tournament would be best because, as I said, a lot of people will likely struggle getting their **** together. There would also need to be some strict policies regarding results, lag, forfeits, and the like.

A doubles side tourney would be cool, but singles should be enough to pull off.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Count me in if we get enough people. I haven't played Brawl in a month or 2, but this should give me some motivation to keep playing.

My interest in video games just keeps declining for some reason.

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072

Challenge board? Do you mean along the lines of the arena? If so, not really. Or at least, I wouldn't say so. People ask for matches and play each other at times, sure, but I don't believe anyone comes here specifically for that reason.

We had something like that for this thread back in May-ish (April-ish? March-ish? Jeezus times flies.), for WFC's death. I'd rather not partake in another brawl tourney, honestly. If you ever want to set up a P:M tourney, I'd be down, schedule willing.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Alright. I might run PM, but we'll see how things turn out. Out of the two that already expressed interest, @ Rickster Rickster and @ Metalbro Metalbro , would you be okay with PM? I was originally planning on Brawl, but it will be hard enough to get attendance as is, so whatever flies with people.

I'll start a topic for this to set up some basic parameters.

Top Bottom