• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Salty? IDK if you were playing seriously or not. You just did YOLO stuff the entire time, so that's why I was playing Ganon for 90% of the matches, lol.

As for the topic at hand, I'm only here to show the current posters the greatness they can't achieve. Socials were actually fun back then.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Don't worry, bleeding over your controller is perfectly normal when you lose. Just make sure you keep the knife clean after doing it. Either way the only greatness you're showing is someone who is trying to laugh at people and isn't showing much more maturity from an alleged now smarter 17 year old.

I'm probably speaking for everyone when we ask you to please reconsider your attitude or leave.

D

Deleted member

Salty? IDK if you were playing seriously or not. You just did YOLO stuff the entire time, so that's why I was playing Ganon for 90% of the matches, lol.

As for the topic at hand, I'm only here to show the current posters the greatness they can't achieve. Socials were actually fun back then.
Your Ganon was horrible xD I was bored during the matches. I thought you would have been interesting but all you used was side b xD And trust me im sure your social was just a piece of s**t xD Our social here is actually fun. You're probably mad cause your social was a fail and ours turned out to be awesome.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
No, I used quite a bit of his tilts and aerials, but I guess you didn't notice. As I said, I used Ganon because I was screwing around, but for the purpose of enlightening you, side B tech chases and setups are a huge part of his game.

You really need to quit trolling. You still haven't gotten a reaction from me, and it's ****ing painful to watch.

To reiterate what you said:

xDxDxD U fail with a character you hardly play xDxDxD your social sucks xDxDxD my balls haven't dropped xDxDxD

Your posts would be a lot more fun to read if they weren't so one dimensional.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, I used quite a bit of his tilts and aerials, but I guess you didn't notice. As I said, I used Ganon because I was screwing around, but for the purpose of enlightening you, side B tech chases and setups are a huge part of his game.

You really need to quit trolling. You still haven't gotten a reaction from me, and it's ****ing painful to watch.

To reiterate what you said:

xDxDxD U fail with a character you hardly play xDxDxD your social sucks xDxDxD my balls haven't dropped xDxDxD

Your posts would be a lot more fun to read if they weren't so one dimensional.
HA you think im the one trolling? xD You're the one who brought your "my social is better than this" bulls**t. xDxDxDxDxD Like your balls have dropped, I bet you sound like an annoying 7 year old girl ;) If you don't like my "trolling" then gtfo, nobody wanted you here anyway :joyful:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Once again, how many likes do I see under your posts? You are not, by any means, the star of this board, and no one is chanting your name. The social doesn't belong to you, if you weren't quite aware of that yet.

I'm not going to get pissed over this, since I was as terrible of a poster as you at that age and I'm sure I ruined a lot of threads then, but you sound like some repressed kid who gets beat up at school and uses the Internet to release his inner badass.

D

Deleted member

Once again, how many likes do I see under your posts? You are not, by any means, the star of this board, and no one is chanting your name. The social doesn't belong to you, if you weren't quite aware of that yet.

I'm not going to get pissed over this, since I was as terrible of a poster as you at that age and I'm sure I ruined a lot of threads then, but you sound like some repressed kid who gets beat up at school and uses the Internet to release his inner badass.
Im dying :laugh: You don't even know anything about me cx. Meh, you're boring and i dont really feel like continuing this. Oh, and i never said i was the star of this thread cx Im just gonna let you act like the idiot you are. Adios ;)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Behaved badly? We were the ****! Back then, you fought people in the social, and if it didn't go your way, you made up the most creative johns possible, like bleeding all over your controller when you lose! (OK, that one actually did happen to me. It's in the topic, lol.) But seriously, we only had one mod then and he never even looked at the forum, so we could basically do whatever we wanted until another mod came in and starting shutting things down.

BEHOLD THE GLORY!

http://smashboards.com/threads/foxblazes-social-general-everything-thread.310188/

Oh, and keep in mind, I was about 14 then. As I said, my posts were pretty goddamn horrible.
We can do basically the same stuff now, so it isn't anything special. So, yeah hey, i'm gonna say something for my buddy here and on behalf of this thread you basically called out. So i'm gonna respond to a few things and see what happens...

I've been here longer than you, and i'm just gonna say pre-brawl-prime brawl era, sucked balls, its the sole reason mods now crack down on the place, it was pure rage salt fests, melee vs. brawl etc.(melee's better but the whining on both sides omfg), nothing really great about that. This social is about as fun as any, we just moved on because of the servers going down. And once the new servers were in place we were already comfortable with where we're at.

First off, likes suck, having likes or not doesn't mean jack ****.

Second, you may want to read the whole thread since he's beloved here, since, all the posters here are good friends, so i dunno where you got that idea.

So I dont really get what your deal is... from what i've read, you're really free because of your hiatus and you got an attitude...I really dont wanna use this report button today, That said welcome to our social, we make the 64 social thread look tame. If you dont like it, you can always not reply and go elsewhere.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Im dying :laugh: You don't even know anything about me cx. Meh, you're boring and i dont really feel like continuing this. Oh, and i never said i was the star of this thread cx Im just gonna let you act like the idiot you are. Adios ;)
No ****, I don't know anything about you, and I'm glad about that. I just infer what I can from your wide-reaching insults and trolling remarks. And before you say, "iM Not a TRoll xD", the get the hell out, you suck, etc. comments you made earlier were clearly intended to provoke me, though not with any success.

You also didn't say you were the star of the thread, but you might as well have. You just blathered about random bull**** and then added a "wut y r u here xD" kind of quip in each one. Apparently you think you have some special place in the topic, while I should evidently go **** myself. What you imply in your posts means more than you think, and here it's clear that you put yourself in some high, intangible echelon above the idiotic plebs like me.

If you want to end it there, good for you, but if you think you have any idea what you're talking about, or even have proper reading comprehension of your own posts, then you're in for a rude awakening.

Edit: It looks like a new challenger has entered the ring.

We can do basically the same stuff now, so it isn't anything special. So, yeah hey, i'm gonna say something for my buddy here and on behalf of this thread you basically called out. So i'm gonna respond to a few things and see what happens...
Not really. We could challenge, flame, or troll just about anyone and it was hilarious as ****. Today, people just post ancient, overused memes and laugh at terrible jokes.

I've been here longer than you, and i'm just gonna say pre-brawl-prime brawl era, sucked balls, its the sole reason mods now crack down on the place, it was pure rage salt fests, melee vs. brawl etc.(melee's better but the whining on both sides omfg), nothing really great about that. This social is about as fun as any, we just moved on because of the servers going down. And once the new servers were in place we were already comfortable with where we're at.
Brawl never really had a prime. As for the "salt-fests", those got canned pretty quickly outside of the relevant forums. Mods didn't like it when people got out of line with those, but in this sub-forum specifically, you were free to do just about whatever you want. Randoms would make the most ridiculous topics ( I remember one guy named Ike ####-####-####, as in his friend code, asking for games despite the insanely obvious sticky about doing so ) and it never got locked. As for legitimate topics, we had a big BB/TB frequenter tourney that went pretty well and an awesome social afterward. Of course, there are some other old topics that are still here today.

First off, likes suck, having likes or not doesn't mean jack ****.
They do mean quite a bit when you're pretending to be an celebrity in a pathetic little corner of the internet.

Second, you may want to read the whole thread since he's beloved here, since, all the posters here are good friends, so i dunno where you got that idea.
Loved here, huh? I just looked through the past four or five pages and didn't see a single post by him, so I'm not sure what founded that relationship.

So I dont really get what your deal is... from what i've read, you're really free because of your hiatus and you got an attitude...I really dont wanna use this report button today, That said welcome to our social, we make the 64 social thread look tame. If you dont like it, you can always not reply and go elsewhere.
So nice of you to stalk me like that, but maybe it would be better to look at the topic I most frequent, the Project M Wifi one. I'm on good terms with everyone I've fought and I'm rapidly shedding my rusty chains. Maybe it's just always been part of the FoxBlaze brand to be a conceited *******, but I can't name a single person other than Dan Panties who I'm not on good terms with, so I don't think I'm a big troublemaker.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No ****, I don't know anything about you, and I'm glad about that. I just infer what I can from your wide-reaching insults and trolling remarks. And before you say, "iM Not a TRoll xD", the get the hell out, you suck, etc. comments you made earlier were clearly intended to provoke me, though not with any success.

You also didn't say you were the star of the thread, but you might as well have. You just blathered about random bull**** and then added a "wut y r u here xD" kind of quip in each one. Apparently you think you have some special place in the topic, while I should evidently go **** myself. What you imply in your posts means more than you think, and here it's clear that you put yourself in some high, intangible echelon above the idiotic plebs like me.

If you want to end it there, good for you, but if you think you have any idea what you're talking about, or even have proper reading comprehension of your own posts, then you're in for a rude awakening.
Like i said, i am done xD I don't know why you're still here and i dont care tbh.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Like i said, i am done xD I don't know why you're still here and i dont care tbh.
So unwelcoming of you.

Once again, I'm not sure why everyone is prodding my ass when you're the one continually harassing me instead of logically pointing things out.

D

Deleted member

So unwelcoming of you.

Once again, I'm not sure why everyone is prodding my *** when you're the one continually harassing me instead of logically pointing things out.
Ehhh i guess you wanna keep going. Everyone is "prodding your ***" cause you brought your "my social is better" crap. You started this yourself xD Should have just kept your mouth shut, bro cx.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Edit: It looks like a new challenger has entered the ring.
I'm not challenging you or anything, just wondering why you came in here and said this place sucked or whatever your problem was.

1. This isn't AIB, if you want stupid drama, or "get gud scrub" or any of that bs then go over there, SB is a classier site than that.

2. We can basically do whatever we want here as well, as most mods forgot about this section until months prior, so not much has changed, we just don't go about it like you're used to.

3. I'm just here to play smash with other people man and mess around, i dunno where you're getting that from. Again, i dont know why they implemented that, but it is what it is, and i doubt people are trying to be "celebrities" in this thread.

4. Keep reading, he joined here midway, we accept anyone who wants to have fun in our weird little social. this isn't the only place we hang so, again you don't know what you're saying.

5. Your welcome baby ;) ( I also go to that thread) I just wanted to know why you were calling this thread out and going back and forth with dan is all. If you're not gonna be trouble like you say, then you know when to put the keyboard down and go have fun elsewhere.

So unwelcoming of you.

Once again, I'm not sure why everyone is prodding my *** when you're the one continually harassing me instead of logically pointing things out.
Dan is quick tempered at times, just chillax.
Except I wasn't targeting people in any way. I don't even play awful vBrawl anymore, I just thought I'd stop in and see if anyone else shared my nostalgia goggles and could respond in an intelligent manner, as Richard 89 did. Instead people pretty much just hopped the bandwagon and decided that I was a **** for a pretty overtly facetious remark.
yeah not much people here, remember 08-11' like I did. Most people play PM now and stuff, GYK, periwinkle, and others usually hanged in the basic brawl friend finder not here, maybe they might remember, but that place like most topics here, are dead now. and also, most people you'll find here (Around the site) didn't like SB around those years so you might have a hard time finding people that agree with you, sorry to say.

Edit: And with that, i'm done here, hope you find some of your old friends or whatever you were trying to do, if thats what you wanted.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Except I wasn't targeting people in any way. I don't even play awful vBrawl anymore, I just thought I'd stop in and see if anyone else shared my nostalgia goggles and could respond in an intelligent manner, as Richard 89 did. Instead people just hopped the bandwagon and decided that I was a **** for a pretty overtly facetious remark.

Edit: Wonderful, I get to do more editing now. I just love sitting at the computer reposting the same old ****.

Not really interested in most of it, so I'll just quote what I thought was worthwhile.

1. This isn't AIB, if you want stupid drama, or "get gud scrub" or any of that bs then go over there, SB is a classier site than that.
While I do enjoy that kind of thing, I don't necessarily see it as a "classy" vs. "stupid" thing. It would be a lot less painful to read if the people here had a more creative since of humor, instead of the usual boring .gifs and YT links.

"I really reallydo not want to see something like this happen again, anytime soon. We want a community open to everyone. With events like these, only seclusion (of individuals or the group/community as a whole) occurs and hurts everyone. Keep things like these to private conversations, feel free to come to us to alleviate tensions or conflicts that cannot be resolved without a third party. Dramas aren't parties, and while I'm sure its entertaining, its only damaging in the long run.

And with that, I'm going to unlock this topic, but emphasize the warning about the future of this thread." -Shaya
I'm just fine, so I don't see where this seclusion thing is coming from except Dan, whose posts are so laughably easy to brush off. I'm more than welcome for it to be taken to PMs, and there's no harm in some interesting banter every once in a while. Mods just get a bit hot and bothered when they come back to 20 pages of "NO U" kind of comments, though they're not any real danger.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
"I really reallydo not want to see something like this happen again, anytime soon. We want a community open to everyone. With events like these, only seclusion (of individuals or the group/community as a whole) occurs and hurts everyone. Keep things like these to private conversations, feel free to come to us to alleviate tensions or conflicts that cannot be resolved without a third party. Dramas aren't parties, and while I'm sure its entertaining, its only damaging in the long run.

And with that, I'm going to unlock this topic, but emphasize the warning about the future of this thread." -Shaya

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
>ITT: Foxblaze

Just like the good ol' days. Or just the ol' days.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Ah, Pony***. You know you miss those days too, but it's time for a runback!

Edit: Maybe something a little less chafing would accomplish that. How is BB/TB after the shutdown? I'm surprised people still play it when they could be playing friend matches with a good ruleset, but has the skill level changed there at all?

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Most of the people you would find on BB now are pretty damn skilled. Main drawback is the constant disconnects and the obv scarcity of even finding people.

Idk about TB though.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Most of the people you would find on BB now are pretty damn skilled. Main drawback is the constant disconnects and the obv scarcity of even finding people.

Idk about TB though.
That's weird. Especially since I haven't been on Basic Brawl since May :awesome:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
That makes sense. I doubt most of the lemmings would go through the trouble of figuring out Homebrew or even know that the Wiimmfi Patcher exists.

Actually, considering that, I wish Nintendo would have shut Wifi down a long time ago and begun the selective skill breeding then.

Also, what the hell happened to this forum in general? I remember back in the day (inb4 children) that the social would have around 6 users and 10-12 guests at any given time, and this place is....necrotic. Some of the same people (Kaazers, FIREL, etc.) who have been around forever are still here, but activity is dead. Anyone starting to miss those flame wars yet?

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
well, that was hopeless, I spent half the day trying to fit two different music-themed videos in my signature, I even tried to make them smaller just when I thought I got the resizing figured out, it returns the video to default size, so now I'm forced to go with one (Still one of my favorite remixes though.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Not really sure how to do that but you can figure it out probs.
Wrap the image in a url tag containing the link to the video/whatever you want to link to. Like so.

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Wrap the image in a url tag containing the link to the video/whatever you want to link to. Like so.

The only thing is when I started with the first one I right clicked the video then I clicked "copy video url, went back to edit my signature and clicked "paste" on the space where to type the Media URL (I did the same for the other one but it didn't show up). How do you wrap an image? Also how do you make the video small enough to fit in another video?

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
The only thing is when I started with the first one I right clicked the video then I clicked "copy video url, went back to edit my signature and clicked "paste" on the space where to type the Media URL (I did the same for the other one but it didn't show up). How do you wrap an image? Also how do you make the video small enough to fit in another video?
[url= video link/link to whatever goes here][img]image link goes here[/img][/url]

I don't think you can get more than one video into your signature with both of them displaying under your posts (unless whoever is looking at it has their signature cutoff thing set to "unrestricted").

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
[url= video link/link to whatever goes here][img]image link goes here[/img][/url]

I don't think you can get more than one video into your signature with both of them displaying under your posts (unless whoever is looking at it has their signature cutoff thing set to "unrestricted").
Darn, I was hoping you could, one of the users on the site, Hokori has his video links split, into two different sections, with the same url. That's when I thought I could do the same thing but with two different video links. Ah well I guess my ambitions just went up in flames, thanks though zatch.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Just curious, do any of the scrubs that hang around here aside from Arena people like Zatchy-senpai and Richard actually play vBrawl anymore?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Just curious, do any of the scrubs that hang around here aside from Arena people like Zatchy-senpai and Richard actually play vBrawl anymore?
I play Brawl offline. But I'm no scrub. ;)

Who do you play in Brawl? I know we've played P:M a few times. I know you're rockin' the Spamus.:samus2:

I wish I could play all these new people in Brawl. I know I could beat them. Maybe. The curiosity is killing me.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know you're not a scrub, lol. I mained Snake/Fox in Brawl. As for PM, I don't even use Spamus much anymore. I started learning Ike for a bit and it ruined game with her. Suddenly, I thought I could charge in and start throwing out jabs and far-reaching aerials with huge hitboxes, but then I remembered that Samus that do those things and got four-stocked repeatedly.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I love playing as Samus. She's a lot of fun. Missile cancelling on wi-fi is tough though. I always try and grab with her. If not then I camp. Gosh she's so fun to play as. I used to think she was stupid. Then I decided to pick her up after playing Other M.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yeah. It's all map-dependent as well, since you're not going to be spamming to the maximum level on stages like FD with no platforms.

BLASPHEMER!
Nah bro. Other M is great. Best Metroid of the series imo.

I could do that quadruple missile thing on stages like FD. Its just difficult to get the timing for 4 missiles in 2 jumps.

I've done it before but it takes some serious mashing if you don't know the timing.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Nah bro. Other M is great.
Only two words can describe that game: space fetus. That is the entire storyline.

I could do that quadruple missile thing on stages like FD. Its just difficult to get the timing for 4 missiles in 2 jumps.

I've done it before but it takes some serious mashing if you don't know the timing.
No, I mean SHACing missiles onto platforms, then dropping from the platform and autocanceling another missile before you land. It's also useful when B-reversed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYgdwcqKxpQ&t=0m55s

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Only two words can describe that game: space fetus. That is the entire storyline.

No, I mean SHACing missiles onto platforms, then dropping from the platform and autocanceling another missile before you land. It's also useful when B-reversed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYgdwcqKxpQ&t=0m55s
Don't diss the best game ever.

So is that a P:M/Brawl only tech? I have no clue if something like that was in Melee or not.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
In Melee, the first missile works on certain lower platforms, like the FoD ones, and you can't drop-through autocancel the second one, so it's not as useful.

Sad to see Brawl is forgotten, though. It sucked really hard, but it was still a fun game at times. As it stands, PM already fatally wounded it and Smash 4 will probably give the final blow.

RIP Brawl, 2008-2014. He ran fast, and died a virgin.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
In Melee, the first missile works on certain lower platforms, like the FoD ones, and you can't drop-through autocancel the second one, so it's not as useful.

Sad to see Brawl is forgotten, though. It sucked really hard, but it was still a fun game at times. As it stands, PM already fatally wounded it and Smash 4 will probably give the final blow.

RIP Brawl, 2008-2014. He ran fast, and died a virgin.
I hope Smash 4 kills P:M. I kinda hate that game. I'd rather play an actual smash bros game. But since P:M is close to Melee and it has online then I play it and for those reasons alone.

Its not a bad game. I'm just mad that people prefer it over Brawl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom