• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Yooooo that's cheatin dog! You gotta earn your win in the pageant of epic drama! SHAME TO YOUR FAMILY.

@ Xadrin Xadrin Dawg I aint got no time for numbers n **** you gotta hootenany up in your forshizzle my wizzle WORD.
what am i doing with my life
*brofist*

Yeah C, Hyper knows where's its at. unlike dat wannbe X. HE DUN KNOW WHUT'S GUD.

Last edited:

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Yooooo that's cheatin dog! You gotta earn your win in the pageant of epic drama! SHAME TO YOUR FAMILY.

@ Xadrin Xadrin Dawg I aint got no time for numbers n **** you gotta hootenany up in your forshizzle my wizzle WORD.
what am i doing with my life
shame to yo family for not getting you any education
i aint even gonna say anything else
u probs just salty like every1 else

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
If you don't mind, could you give me some pointers for P:M Fox when I get it? I know he plays a lot differently than what I'm used to and I could use the tips; if you're willing to of course.
I'm not that good with P:M fox myself... but I'd recommend checking out the fox character forums for tips. :p

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm not that good with P:M fox myself... but I'd recommend checking out the fox character forums for tips. :p
It's just like melee fox.

Drill dair, waveshine, upsmash.

Nairs, Back airs. Short hop lasers to rack up dmg to force approaches. upthrow up air, foward throw off the stage to shine spike. and of course wavedash and L-cancel everything. Standard fox play right thurrr.

Course I B 2 slow 2 pull that off, but you can do eet.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
It's just like melee fox.

Drill dair, waveshine, upsmash.

Nairs, Back airs. Short hop lasers to rack up dmg to force approaches. upthrow up air, foward throw off the stage to shine spike. and of course wavedash and L-cancel everything. Standard fox play right thurrr.
The major problem is that I've never played Melee before :ohwell:. I don't know how to wavedash or what L-canceling even is.

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
The major problem is that I've never played Melee before :ohwell:. I don't know how to wavedash or what L-canceling even is.
I'd say focus on the fundamentals first then. L-cancel is when you press L (or R I suppose) after an arial right before landing, to cancel the landing lag. Practice SHFFL. Wavedashing is when you hop and "dodge" into the ground at an angle, which results in the character sliding across the ground.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You know dem shield buttons? all you do is shorthop, then press one and move the stick in the direction you want to wavedash. Just watch a how to wavedash video, its used as a momentum thing mostly, to follow up or to space. and L-canceling IS A MUST you just press Z or L or R to reduce aerial lag. You need to get the timing down, but there's videos for that.

I know all this yet I can't do this on wi-fi because i'm 2 slow which is why @ P PATH O__o whoops me gud, since she can actually wavedash and L-cancel better than meh.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'd say focus on the fundamentals first then. L-cancel is when you press L (or R I suppose) after an arial right before landing, to cancel the landing lag. Practice SHFFL. Wavedashing is when you hop and "dodge" into the ground at an angle, which results in the character sliding across the ground.
You know dem shield buttons? all you do is shorthop, then press one and move the stick in the direction you want to wavedash. Just watch a how to wavedash video, its used as a momentum thing mostly, to follow up or to space. and L-canceling IS A MUST you just press Z or L or R to reduce aerial lag. You need to get the timing down, but there's videos for that.

I know all this yet I can't do this on wi-fi because i'm 2 slow which is why @ P PATH O__o whoops me gud, since she can actually wavedash and L-cancel better than meh.
Thanks guys. Now I really want to play...

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
@ Rickster Rickster Fox is amazing! In PM and in Melee. He is one of the most technical characters tho. Being able to wavedash and l-cancel is essential (well it is for any character) when playing spacies. I dont play Fox but I know videos/people that could inspire you. I also know the basics on what you should work on.

D

Deleted member

Or dan. Or hyper, anyone really.

I need to play you 2 son.
Yay! ^-^ I seriously think I can be a mentor for any Peach main c: (im maining her now ^-^) Oh yeah, we really need to play soon :o

Last edited by a moderator:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Play me or path and we can show you hands on, when you get PM

But I suggest @ P PATH O__o cause she got them skillz.
So does that mean the Wi-Fi is good? Since you can do all these...technical techniques online?
@ Rickster Rickster Fox is amazing! In PM and in Melee. He is one of the most technical characters tho. Being able to wavedash and l-cancel is essential (well it is for any character) when playing spacies. I dont play Fox but I know videos/people that could inspire you. I also know the basics on what you should work on.
That'd be great! I don't have it yet though :laugh:. I'll have it tomorrow.
unless my parents get the wrong sd card...

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So does that mean the Wi-Fi is good? Since you can do all these...technical techniques online?

That'd be great! I don't have it yet though :laugh:. I'll have it tomorrow.
unless my parents get the wrong sd card...
mmm it uses the same servers, there's no way to make it better because it would cause desynch's, which is why there is no C-stick buffers online. (did i spell that right?). It's better than brawl's by my experience, but it could still get some lag spikes here and there.

Aight, i'm sure someone in the PM wi-fi code thread, here, or in the arena would love to take you on. As i won't be here tomorrow xD

Alot of PM players now are using netplay. but that's dolphin.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
So does that mean the Wi-Fi is good? Since you can do all these...technical techniques online?.
This is a common misunderstanding with a lot of PM players. The wifi is pretty much exactly the same as vBrawl since its the wii's/nintendo's netcode that makes wifi horrble (it happens with all nintendo games, its just that smash is affected more because there are more inputs) not Brawl itself. Imo the wifi is worse because the input delay makes a lot of techniques harder to pull off since there are more inputs, reason #1 why I dont play PM online.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

GUYS, GUYS! MY DAD JUST BROUGHT TACOS HOME! O.O

Last edited by a moderator:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Not sure if this sent before but....
You can borrow my Yubashiri.

I use 2 swords dough....

*Uses One Piece wiki because I forgot what sword this be.... (Has read that far but forgot)*

Hey, isn't it destroyed? *Not at that part in the story*
@ kaazers kaazers @ Player -0 Player -0 @Matsuokai

Oh, my slaves. I've missed you! *nuzzles*

@ TriforceOfWisdom TriforceOfWisdom
Shh... You too. *feeds cookie*
*cringe*

I would've Melee Faxed so hard.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819

I use 2 swords dough....

*Uses One Piece wiki because I forgot what sword this be.... (Has read that far but forgot)*

*cringe*

I't because you're not at that part yet, is why I'm giving you this sword. You can borrow my Shusui too.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I't because you're not at that part yet, is why I'm giving you this sword. You can borrow my Shusui too.
So I have a sword that hasn't been broken yet because I'm not at that part in the story and I have a sword that pops up and I'm not at that part in the story....

Hmmmm.

@ TriforceOfWisdom TriforceOfWisdom
Girl, GURL. I know you want that yuri but we can't. Forever chained to my throne though. ;3
#Foreverchained

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

I use 2 swords dough....

*cringe*

You couldn't handle my gum gum rocket anyway :awesome:

wimp. :troll:

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
You weren't here. :sadeyes:

You still owe me nolimar matches... I remember... I remember... :evil:
I don't remember challenging you to a Nolimar match......

Nolimar vs. Link sounds like a horrible MU for Nolimar.

I decimated this dude in Nolimar dittos when he claimed he was the best Nolimar on the chat (It's the Xat one, thebessdi). :awesome:

Haven't played anyone but Path in P:M here but I'm going to say I'm the best or at least the second best at P:M in this thread.

Cocky.

I don't approve of this yuri. :glare:
Shhh, It'll be done soon.... Maybe..

You couldn't handle my gum gum rocket anyway :awesome:

wimp. :troll:
*Chops off your arm*

Top Bottom