• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Official Codeset Gold Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
O.K., so I downloaded the pre-made hbc channel pack for use with Neogamma, using the GeckoOS gct. I'm still having the problem that I had before; the filepatch code isn't working. Every single code works fine but that one. I know that my character pacs aren't messed up, because it won't load my custom music either.

As far as I understand it, the only gct that doesn't have a fpc is the Riivolution one. Perhaps there's something in Neogamma that I should be activating to enable the fpc stuff? Idk.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well I finally got the stages to work without freezing. They all seem to work fine except Distant Planet, the rain freezes in place and I'm sure the water is supposed to keep running and not stop.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
DP+ rain code is not in, so don't use DP for now, wait 'till we get the final version of the stage and then we will get the code implemented, if you wanna use DP, just delete the pac and use retail one

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Common5 is only necessary now for the buffer icon. I think there's an old one with just that floating around somewhere, but I don't have time to look for it :(.
I'm working of a common5.pac with the stages' images (for the ones that really needs it, anyway). I'm trying to make it look professional, BTW. If you, or anyone wants, I can give you the PAC or the png images for the new stages.

Suic

Smash Cadet
With this new stage select screen code, will adding entirely new levels be possible that can actually be seen on the sss; or is adding new stages that don't replace another one still solely in the realm of the Dantarion custom stage engine code?

iLink

Smash Champion
I just wanted to take the time to say thanks to everyone that contributed in getting Brawl+ this far, you guys are awesome.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
viet, is the RF+ fix based on the version released last night? because i did some boundary/camera edits to it for Veril last minute. i'll check it later if i don't see your responces.
Well assuming you didn't find out yet, no it's not based off that version. <__<

VietGeek, I tried that RF+ pac and I got a freeze.
Did you download the .rel file from the Updater? If it doesn't work after that, then *shrug* :dizzy:

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
We also intentionally balanced the transform this way. I had known about the texture deal for a while, but it never got implemented. So, it was balanced that way. It was designed to take the punishability of the load time out, more or less. So, adopting static load times, we rebalanced the move the way it should have been from the very beginning. It's not horrible, just not unpunishable like Ryoko's change.
There are a couple of flaws with this logic.

Having the texture/pac data on the SD card doesn't truly make load time "static." It will not reduce load time if other data is in the loading queue, such as a stage transformation, or any occasion of loading data mid-match. Lylat Cruise is the poster child of this crime.

If that data is already loaded, such as a double Sheik/double Zelda team, then you'll wind up with a Transform time that is actually better than what Ryoko's (actually Magus's) change was originally.

The whole point of that Transform change before was to make *vulnerability* time static, which does not change regardless of how long/short the actual loading time of the other half is. This minimizes the random load time variable to the other players' ability to use downtime to charge up special moves or get into a favorable position. With the normal Transform time, the factor of what you can do to punish it based on the load time which is *still* subject to randomness greatly increases. The previously changed Transform before also left you vulnerable for a very extended amount of time, enough to punish if you did not the proper space, or are against someone with an annoying projectile such as Pit/Falco. It was only "unpunishable" if the player was actually using it correctly as intended. The change was done because the mid-game loading mechanisms of Brawl are flawed in a way that SD loaders are only capable of making imperfect band-aid fixes, and I'm disappointed that that logic was already forgotten.

DQP

Smash Ace
I also wanted to say thank you for all the effort that has gone into Brawl+. Other than HeartGold, and until I get Other M, it's all I ever play :D

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering, is there an updated text file? I want the updates but I want to keep the codes for custom menu backgrounds.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I'm gonna stick to near Gold GCT with Gold pacs until its been absolutely confirmed there's nothing wrong with the Gold GCT. No freezes, no messed up physics, all stages and new codes that are supposed to work, work.
My smash club might be having a B+ event this Saturday, and they're relying on my SD Card, so I can't have anything screwing up.

Suic

Smash Cadet
But there are levels that they wanted to put in that didn't make it. I personally am going to wait for the final patch just so I only have to update once and am sure that I won't have to update again for quite some time...laziness at its best.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
nothing has been done to distant planet in this patch.

and waiting for a "final" patch means you'll never play the game again O_o

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
alright, I guess there's no harm in trying it out.
I suppose I can just save everything on my SD card in another location just in case.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
You guys did an awesome job with releasing Gold. I really enjoyed every previous set and will try Gold as soon as I can.

However, on the plussery site, I noticed the link to the "Premade SD package" is down. If it is easily fixed, I'd like you to do so because that would be my prefered method of updating. If not, I'll use the updater when I come back home.

Thanks a lot.

Suic

Smash Cadet
@FrozenHobo:
When I said the last patch, I meant the last patch to 7.0; which I imagine will be 7.0.3 Obviously I won't wait until the Brawl+ project dies before downloading for the first time :p

Suic

Smash Cadet
It seems like to me that they plan on releasing a version with DP and other level fixes pretty soon...or at least that was the general idea I got from asking further back in the thread. I don't care what the number is; my point is that, from the sound of it, there would fairly soon be a small patch that fixed the few things they had meant to put in anyway such as that camera code and DP fix.

Suic

Smash Cadet
alright then fine fine you've convinced me, I'll download the whole pack as soon as I get home from work...just out of curiosity, what (besides the camera code and DP) stage changes are on the short list of things to be worked on?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
DP, Big Blue, GHZ, BoE, Spear Pillar, Pirate Ship, Norfair, 75m (for now), castle siege freeze, Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2, Mario Kart (for now), Shadow Mosses Island, Onett, and Yoshi's Island: Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom