• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
You see in vbrawl, Fox didn't have enough time to get out of his shield to reach them in time. The follow up's were more of a mindgame than a sure kill. I was saying he always could have push CERTAIN characters back..why is it now he knocks them to the floor. I know fox is crazy fast, but you guys never even tried this brawl+ fox with the push effect from the shine to judge it.

Anyway i mean screw it either way i got melee. Just putting my 2 cents. I don't care anymore really, i have slightly given up on brawl+..idk why.

I mean to answer the guy with the * then just go* statement. I am the only one with a few ppl in my country that kinda wants to raise brawl+ awareness and I get alot of criticism because of it from the few melee vets..why am i fighting to defend it?! It's not like i am currently enjoying it and so...i rather just play melee. Atleast until something happens to respark my interest. ( when i say i , i mean everyone in the bahamas besides one or 2 ppl)
What exactly is their criticisms?

If it's anything dealing with the lack of wavedash and manual L-cancel, or Melee characters not being exactly the same, well you're not going to convince them to try it anytime soon. *shrugs*

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Ivysaur's leaves need to be at 1.5x again. He needed them to keep up his zoning and setups, to always have something to do and keep pressure on those faster characters that get in-between him so easy and combo/gimp him. Its not even a good projectile, just break it with any move.

Its not fair that simply because Ivysaur didn't get exposure in vBrawl that he all the sudden needs to be called out for having a usable projectile. People never see the beneficial things about any change, they always look at the worst situations and blindly complain.

I would rather have Ivysaur's leaves back then some up-B help or Dair stall anyday.

I also do not see the need to be nerfing Squirtle, Fox or Marth yet. Though its not like they'll be bad in any way from these changes.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I also do not see the need to be nerfing Squirtle, Fox or Marth yet. Though its not like they'll be bad in any way from these changes.
Squirtle's damage out put was ridiculous and the KB his move had killed at decent percents. Combine this with his general ground and aerial mobility, somewhat hard to gimp up B, and he has a buffed Fludd tied to his neutral B, Squirtle was pretty much metasquirtle.

Fox also has a silly dair as the damage output was still higher than desirable.

Marth....errrrrr.....Fail to see the Up B nerf, DB Down 4 is trash, fair is unsafe until atleast 22%, and bair is just lol now.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Squirtle's damage out put was ridiculous and the KB his move had killed at decent percents. Combine this with his general ground and aerial mobility, somewhat hard to gimp up B, and he has a buffed Fludd tied to his neutral B, Squirtle was pretty much metasquirtle.

Fox also has a silly dair as the damage output was still higher than desirable.

Marth....errrrrr.....Fail to see the Up B nerf, DB Down 4 is trash, fair is unsafe until atleast 22%, and bair is just lol now.
Soooo whats wrong with Squirtle being good again? And his damage output is high on who? Falcon?

abcool

Smash Ace
What exactly is their criticisms?

If it's anything dealing with the lack of wavedash and manual L-cancel, or Melee characters not being exactly the same, well you're not going to convince them to try it anytime soon. *shrugs*
The criticism has alot to do with mechanics that seem broken, but can be worked around..like nerfing metaknight to be like everyone else. One guy was saying that you guys will never stop removing *chaingrabs* and other things because you believe it is broken, instead of finding a way around it..like fixing recoveries even though that is a character weakness.

In melee marth was able to chaingrab spacies. He believe if that existed in brawl+ instead of adjusting and finding a way around it, all you guys would do is remove it to balance the game. He thinks the brawl+ community just removes anything that looks broken and just makes the game shallow.

I have stated why you guys change things a numerous amount of time, but at the end of the day there points seem more clear than mine. I know why you guys do it, but trying to put that in words is very difficult.

Also when we try to go from melee to brawl+. I hear alot of complaints about the pace of the game and them*Trying to jc grab or wavedash* That isn't serious, but it annoys me when they don't play the game serious because they always laughing at it. :/

Last but not least like the characters i use in brawl+ I also use in melee Fox/marth and i just overall like the intense fast paced battles on that over brawl+ ATM. That is why i am lossing interest in brawl+ right now.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Squirtle did need a slight nerf (though the reason people are saying he's the new MK was more because he was overrepresented at BtL than him being broken good). Fox was pretty much in the same boat as Squirtle. Marth also needed a nerf, but personally I thought only his non-tippered hits should've been nerfed. Regardless, the latest set is better balanced all around.

And colored shields are awesome.

In melee marth was able to chaingrab spacies. He believe if a that existed in brawl+ instead of adjusting and finding a way around it, all you guys would do is remove it to balance the game. He thinks the brawl+ community just removes anything that looks broken and just makes the game shallow.
Marth can cg spacies in B+ at certain percents. We can't adjust throws so we couldn't take that out even if we wanted to.

abcool

Smash Ace
Squirtle did need a slight nerf (though the reason people are saying he's the new MK was more because he was overrepresented at BtL than him being broken good). Fox was pretty much in the same boat as Squirtle. Marth also needed a nerf, but personally I thought only his non-tippered hits should've been nerfed. Regardless, the latest set is better balanced all around.

And colored shields are awesome.

Marth can cg spacies in B+ at certain percents. We can't adjust throws so we couldn't take that out even if we wanted to.
I am gonna test out the latest codest. I am gonna try to get back into it though. If fox needs a tone down, try to fix dair and try the push back on shine i guess.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Marth also needed a nerf, but personally I thought only his non-tippered hits should've been nerfed.
Up B did not need a nerf. Bair most definitely did not need a nerf. Fair is debatable. The lowered damage output on fair, I dont care for, but the fact it doesnt sent into tumble until 22% tipped (34% for untipped) makes Marth's safest move...unsafe...at least until after those percents.

The DB nerfs ***** DB Down 4 into uselessness.

Out of curiosity, why cant u put on buffer in training mode?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Go back to pre-nerf Squirtle. Try him out. Utilt>utilt>uair>uair>uair. Every character. 40-50% damage.
Same can be said for every character when your opponent can't DI.

It doesn't matter anyways. I'm just thinking in relation to the big picture that these character's don't need to be singled out so quickly. If people want to keep toying with this direction go ahead, but I don't think these are really the characters that should be targeted.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Same can be said for every character when your opponent can't DI.

It doesn't matter anyways. I'm just thinking in relation to the big picture that these character's don't need to be singled out so quickly. If people want to keep toying with this direction go ahead, but I don't think these are really the characters that should be targeted.

The thing is, Squirtle has the mobility and speed to follow DI, good or bad, and continue comboing.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
The thing is, Squirtle has the mobility and speed to follow DI, good or bad, and continue comboing.
Thats the point of mobility isn't it? We should drop this as explaining to me why Squirtle is good is hardly what I'm looking for.

abcool

Smash Ace
Can almas or someone replace the waiting room music with music from new pork city. That would be awesome. Also can someone link me to the vids from the btl tourney?

bajisci

Smash Ace
Exactly. But a character with that much mobility shouldnt have a damage output as high as what squirtle had, which is why we reduced it. durp durp.
QFT and a picture is worth a thousand words neko LOL

metaXzero

Smash Champion
The criticism has alot to do with mechanics that seem broken, but can be worked around..like nerfing metaknight to be like everyone else. One guy was saying that you guys will never stop removing *chaingrabs* and other things because you believe it is broken, instead of finding a way around it..like fixing recoveries even though that is a character weakness.

In melee marth was able to chaingrab spacies. He believe if that existed in brawl+ instead of adjusting and finding a way around it, all you guys would do is remove it to balance the game. He thinks the brawl+ community just removes anything that looks broken and just makes the game shallow.

I have stated why you guys change things a numerous amount of time, but at the end of the day there points seem more clear than mine. I know why you guys do it, but trying to put that in words is very difficult.

Also when we try to go from melee to brawl+. I hear alot of complaints about the pace of the game and them*Trying to jc grab or wavedash* That isn't serious, but it annoys me when they don't play the game serious because they always laughing at it. :/

Last but not least like the characters i use in brawl+ I also use in melee Fox/marth and i just overall like the intense fast paced battles on that over brawl+ ATM. That is why i am lossing interest in brawl+ right now.
They seriously wanted Mr. "discussed for banning 3 times" (not that I want him banned) completely unchanged in a game where his good follow-ups become insane combos? Do they WANT MK dittos all around for B+? I just don't get it...

Well, if they don't like the pace, J guess they just won't.

And yeah, Brawl+ isn't Melee. I guess the pace just might not be for you guys. We can't do anything about opinion.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Up B did not need a nerf. Bair most definitely did not need a nerf. Fair is debatable. The lowered damage output on fair, I dont care for, but the fact it doesnt sent into tumble until 22% tipped (34% for untipped) makes Marth's safest move...unsafe...at least until after those percents.

The DB nerfs ***** DB Down 4 into uselessness.
Are you agreeing or arguing with me? Marth was unquestionably one of the best if not the best character as of BtL. If they just nerfed non-tippers (which was my idea), then well-spaced up-B and bair would still kill, well-spaced fair would still be safe at low %, etc. He just wouldn't be as easy to use at a high level since spacing would matter more.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Are you agreeing or arguing with me? Marth was unquestionably one of the best if not the best character as of BtL. If they just nerfed non-tippers (which was my idea), then well-spaced up-B and bair would still kill, well-spaced fair would still be safe at low %, etc. He just wouldn't be as easy to use at a high level since spacing would matter more.
And? There are certain moves are marth that have no buisness being nerfed/nerfed again.

The moves I mentioned are said moves. Any other nerfs are deserved, at least according to backroom. I dont mind a damage reduction to certain moves, but certain moves in his moveset shouldnt be altered or altered more from a prior set.

abcool

Smash Ace
They seriously wanted Mr. "discussed for banning 3 times" (not that I want him banned) completely unchanged in a game where his good follow-ups become insane combos? Do they WANT MK dittos all around for B+? I just don't get it...

Well, if they don't like the pace, J guess they just won't.

And yeah, Brawl+ isn't Melee. I guess the pace just might not be for you guys. We can't do anything about opinion.
I don't have a problem with brawl+ i have been supporting this project for quite a while you can find post by me in the code agenda thread from like last yr dec.

The point i was trying to make is that, they think nerfing and buffing certain aspects of the game that may appear broken, can be worked around...That is it. I think only that one guy who loves melee alot, laughs at the idea, i pretty much convinced everyone else it was worth a try.

So after about another month of melee, i'll get everyone back in brawl+ make sure that gold release is finished by then. I don't wanna get scream at even more about codes always changing -_-

D

Deleted member

wow easy there. I'm a busy man. and besides the coloUred shields are not ported so don't expect those anytime soon

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Exactly. But a character with that much mobility shouldnt have a damage output as high as what squirtle had, which is why we reduced it. durp durp.
Characters with high mobility and can combo are obviously going to have high damage output. There are other factors to him besides that hes fast and small to consider.

Then what are you looking for, if not the reason why Squirtle was nerfed?
Squirtle being a good character shouldn't be a reason for a nerf. I'm looking for a reason in relation to other characters who just have not gotten greenlighted yet.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Fast + High Damage output = Nono.

And what other factors do YOU have in mind?
Short range, lightweight, mediocre recovery, and the fact that there are characters better than him.

There are no other characters that are fast and do lots of damage?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Short range, lightweight, mediocre recovery, and the fact that there are characters better than him.

There are no other characters that are fast and do lots of damage?

Short range on ground. The fact that squirtle now spends most of his time in air where his aerial mobility makes up for his range.

MK is light weight. :p

And he still has a pretty flexible recovery. The water covers a good portion of his body too. The only thing that mades his up B mediocre is the lack of manipulation and distance traveled. That and his side B can be dunked in mid air.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Fox and Metaknight did indeed get nerfed too. I guess its reasonable from that but I won't put my faith in these changes. I still think Diddy, Shiek, Falco, Pikachu, and ROB are kind of underrated.

Like I said anyways, none of these nerfs will make them bad in the slightest.

The Cape

Smash Master
Fox shine actually cannot be fixed. We tried to and really the only way to make it work gave Fox a free up Smash on every character from a standing position. It also creates wall locks and thats something that we dont want.

Fox shine is great how it is because it shine spikes, gets people off you, and sets up tech chases.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Fox and Metaknight did indeed get nerfed too. I guess its reasonable from that but I won't put my faith in these changes. I still think Diddy, Shiek, Falco, Pikachu, and ROB are kind of underrated.

Like I said anyways, none of these nerfs will make them bad in the slightest.
Shiek and Falco are most definitely not under-rated. They feature in pretty much everybody's top 10. But are you saying that those characters are the ones that need nerfing, as opposed to Squirtle? Because that seems to be a bit odd. Diddy and Falco do not have Squirtle's combotron abilities, have far worse recoveries, and can have some trouble killing; they are only really good because of amazing stage control options. Shiek and Pikachu can pretty much combo as well as Squirtle, but don't have the same damage output that he typically does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom