• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ - Official 5.0 RC1 Build is now online! (Re-Use Autoupdater, Snake bug fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

not at all, we could do it the other way round if you really want to.

the thing is that we want to try out a non-symetrical stage that is at least a viable CP.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Some of us don't know what AiB is. Any possibility of a summary or a link?

@5: I'm not sure I understand... why does the right side deserve special treatment? Does it have to do with the lip on the bottom level, or something?
Well, I was personally answering him and no one else. I answered him on AIb, which is why Im wondering he's asking again.

And right gets the closer borders because it has that mini-cave of life and can possibly contain circle camping. So the closer boundary encourages play on the left side of the field.

Revven

FrankerZ
okay so I searched Luigi over the last few days and didn't see anything regarding this but:
Whenever I select Luigi, seconds later the game freezes. Even if I don't change color and even if I let the game fully load from the startup of the game before I do anything else. I haven't tested this on my Wii as I'm sure I have something earlier than 4.0 but this is happening on my friend's Wii which is 4.0U if that matters at all.

But yeah it'd be great if...you know...the game didn't freeze just because I chose a certain character >_>
Do you have textures on? It may be because of that. >_>;

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Also did you guys look at Falco's uptilt? *_* There's pretty much no endlag for the move now, as soon as it's done you can just throw another one out. I just looked at it and I saw that you guys gave it 2x after frame 14... *_* Hmmm 2x? Maybe 1.5 would be better? 2x for anything should be used very sparingly..I notice you guys are doing that a lot and it's making things very "strange" to say the least. Same with Zelda, but I mentioned that already. I hope you guys take a look at some of the things you gave 2x to and come up with a better number because imo it's pretty arbitrary and causes a lot of shield pressure issues. Especially in Falco's case with the true "widnmill of fury" (Melee players should get that reference..:ohwell:).
I got the reference :D

I have to agree about Falco's utilt. I'm a Falco main and played with him for hours yesterday, and I definitely agree on the 2x being a bit much. Apart from that, MAYBE his upair is a tad strong, or maybe just cause utilt makes it easy to link to... anyway, I agree with this post.

still missing Wolf's shine, but keep up the great work, we just had a 9 person tournament with the 5/13 build, and everyone loved it :D

Revven

FrankerZ
I'm pretty sure it's that fast because it actually needs to be that fast in order to be able to land a Bair or even combo from it in general. Before, all you could do with Utilt was a another Utilt and maybe a Bair. The issue was, people could get out of hitstun before the next hit (Bair) would happen, meaning the Utilt was too laggy to combo anything from it but another Utilt. You can ask the Falco mains and leafgreen386 about it, the move could only effectively combo into itself at least once, not even twice.

The reason it is 2x is because I believe that's where leaf calculated it has to be in order to combo from it before hitstun ends.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Do you have textures on? It may be because of that. >_>;
yeah I do, but should that be an issue?

btw, I tried it on my Wii later last night and selecting Luigi again caused it to freeze after about 5-10 seconds.

Waiting Room camera is...weird. Or maybe the stage is just too big, I don't know. But it's too zoomed in most of the time, if that makes sense...but GOOD **** on making it a playable stage now =D

Revven

FrankerZ
yeah I do, but should that be an issue?
If you have textures on Luigi, yes it would. It could be because the textures you downloaded for him are just bad textures (or rather, don't work right). Try removing any Luigi textures and see if it freezes then.

shanus

Smash Hero
toasty, it must be your texture causing the crash there. Also, we have a much more dynamic camera code which is currently being troubleshooted cuz sometime it makes this awful sound happen in game. Once its fixed, things like waiting room and more won't be a problem.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I was talking about this on the irc chat with various people and i also discussed this with some people at btl.

I feel peach as of now is a complete char. I dont think she needs any more buffs or nerfs. The one thing though that bothers me is her fastfall speed. The gravity of the game changed yet her fall speed stayed the same. Now some people have said this is because of the frame advantage she has on her fair along with the added shieldstun which i agree is in peach's favor. However i think alot of peach mains(myself included) will take a nerf on fair in favor of a faster fastfall speed on peach. What do yall think?

Edit!!! I meant fair not fsmash!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I'm with Phillyrider on that. I was planning on making her my secondary but properties related to her movement/physics has been keeping me from committing to it...has her second jump improved in the last update? Just curious. I can live without an improvement to it, but man even the slightest extra height would make a HUGE difference =D

also: thanks for the help

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I'm with Phillyrider on that. I was planning on making her my secondary but properties related to her movement/physics has been keeping me from committing to it...has her second jump improved in the last update? Just curious. I can live without an improvement to it, but man even the slightest extra height would make a HUGE difference =D

also: thanks for the help
I don't think she NEEDS it. But it would be helpful. But you can still do little mindgamey stuff with her 2nd jump. The height of her 2nd jump is only realized when your under the stage which you should never be in the 1st place as a peach player.

HeroPenguin

Smash Cadet
What's so bad about Peach's dsmash? The most I've ever gotten with it is two hits, which right now is only 14% damage. That hardly seems OPd.

Sudai

Stuff here
Neko, have you tried DIing up so you don't get hit by too many hits? It did 40%+ in melee if you were a spacie and CC'd..but it wasn't OP. lol

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
I would go as far as saying peach's dsmash is only decent in melee because it compliments the character well. So over-rated imo

edit: 700th post lul

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Neko, have you tried DIing up so you don't get hit by too many hits? It did 40%+ in melee if you were a spacie and CC'd..but it wasn't OP. lol

Never called it OP'd. And they gave it the ability to suck in because you could SDI up and out of it easily.

I would go as far as saying peach's dsmash is only decent in melee because it compliments the character well. So over-rated imo

edit: 700th post lul
It was still good regardless, but the thing is, she didnt need in B+. She's fine as is without the dsmash. And they're getting ready to make her better.

shanus

Smash Hero
Wait, what are we doing to peach? I don't remember doing anything to her lol

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
What's wrong with physics changes? Changes to a character's physics are done so that they feel optimal while using them. If they can be further optimized, why not do so?

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Agreed. As long as individual moves aren't buffed, I don't see too much of a problem. As long as the character still feels fine.

I'm still against Peach's fair frame advantage, though. It could be that I'm just a bad player, but I feel as if it's way too safe.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
What's wrong with physics changes? Changes to a character's physics are done so that they feel optimal while using them. If they can be further optimized, why not do so?
Nothing is wrong with them. I'm just saying there are physics changes being talked about to make her better.

shanus

Smash Hero
we aren't making her better. If anything, I'd want to remove the crazy frame advantage on her fair :O

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
we aren't making her better. If anything, I'd want to remove the crazy frame advantage on her fair :O

Correct me if I'm wrong, but optimizing her physics falls under the category of making her better, even if its nothing but a slight improvement to make her more natural to her playstyle...right?

Or is that just a perception thing.

shanus

Smash Hero
i didnt think we were editting her physics, i might have missed that convo. Although several chars physics might be tweaked eventually, but not much.

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
why make peach better? o_O she's already pretty good..
Agreed (coming from a B+ Peach mainer), In my personal tier list she's somewhere between 10th-15th.
Now if only she could put up a fight against chars that can outreach her (cough....marth...cough) or abuse projectiles (cough..falco...cough)

Maybe a slight raise in her midair jump wouldn't be bad, and is it me or did her up+B lose a lot of priority in B+

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Can sheik haz a beam sword at the begining of every match? O_o

joke

Peach's physics feel like they did in vBrawl.. to me at least and they werent bad then.
Marth's fast fall is kinda weird. Im not sure if anyone else feels this way but his fast fall is kinda slow to me. Maybe its just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom