• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Moveset Discussion Week 9: Up Smash

PND

Smash Champion
Her best smash, and aside from grab, her best ground move. Decent approach, good punish, great mixup. Can also kill.

(We're counting DACUS, right? >_>)

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
stationary Usmash IMO is not as good as U-tilt, since utilt comes out faster, has the same knockback, and a cool back hitbox as well.

DACUS Usmash is incredible. practically counts as a dash attack in itself, and yes, is by far her best ground move (cept for grab)

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Boost smash is really good. Good knockback, can actually hit through the platforms on BF, is a good mindgame approach, and can kill. Also, doesn't the backside of Jigglypuffs head do more damage?

Regular Usmash isn't as good as Utilt :(

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
That kinda good though cause utilt is faster anyway. And it has that great bonus hitbox.

PND

Smash Champion
Sometimes after pound they opponent gets too used to air dodging my follow ups. Instead I drop down and charge an up smash to hit after their air dodge wears off.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Grab release DACUS Falco and MK.

Pummels trick them into jump releasing. Watch your opponent's reactions and act accordingly.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Grab release DACUS Falco and MK.

Pummels trick them into jump releasing. Watch your opponent's reactions and act accordingly.
assuming you ever have the chance to grab either of them, that sounds like a good approach.

Unfortunately we're talking about falco and MK.

still, very cool find, and nice use of studying play styles :)

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Dacus is one of it's only, yet great uses. Otherwise it's a non moving, small hitbox.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
DACUS>Utilt>Usmash>Utaunt>Dtilt (sorry M I had too)

any questions?

PND

Smash Champion
assuming you ever have the chance to grab either of them, that sounds like a good approach.

Unfortunately we're talking about falco and MK.

still, very cool find, and nice use of studying play styles :)
Uh, this is JIGGS we're talking about. Half of her metagame is grab whoring.

Metatitan

Smash Master
okay pseudo combos include f/bthrow to DACUS, use this if your opponent won't expect it. Dacus can be used to outdo people trying to airdodge into the ground, charge it and punish their airdodge. At low % a DACUS approach can surprise people enough to leave u room to grab after. D tilt't only use is to set up a DACUS, from what ive tested however this "combo" will not KO :( . DACUS is best used on opponents who are landing as long as their arial attack doesn't have huge priority. DO NOT USE DACUS AS WHEN YOU ARE AT KILL % AGAINST ANOTHER JIGGLYPUFF. Dacus is her easiest move to rest; u can rest the slide, the smash itself and the lag after. Mr. Eh can u test its priority? I once had it clash with a yoshi's usmash and his usmash has good priority so we actually may be able to break through the tornado with it

MrEh

Smash Hero
DACUS screws up Lucas to the extreme. Why? Grab release ****.

With Jiggs' grab being 90% of her ground game, you'll be grabbing him a lot, and that's a lot of opportunities for you to exploit his grab release weakness. If he ground releases, grab him again and pummel him. If he jump releases, DACUS.

Veril

Frame Savant
DACUS screws up Lucas to the extreme. Why? Grab release ****.

With Jiggs' grab being 90% of her ground game, you'll be grabbing him a lot, and that's a lot of opportunities for you to exploit his grab release weakness. If he ground releases, grab him again and pummel him. If he jump releases, DACUS.
This... Also, f-throw to DACUS works at some %.

DACUS is Jiggs best grounded move after grabs. Everyone should learn to do this. EVERYONE!

MrEh

Smash Hero
DACUS is Jiggs best grounded move after grabs. Everyone should learn to do this. EVERYONE!
Throws to DACUS work because they never see it coming. ^^

In the case of grab release DACUS though, the timing is really strict. Like, there's only a window of a few frames depending on the character. I think Metatitian can do it though, since he loves DACUS more then anything else. XD

Veril

Frame Savant
Throws to DACUS work because they never see it coming. ^^

In the case of grab release DACUS though, the timing is really strict. Like, there's only a window of a few frames depending on the character. I think Metatitian can do it though, since he loves DACUS more then anything else. XD
Its not that hard.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
It's a good smash. I usually use utilt, so usually I accidentally make a mistake and do usmash, so it sometimes messes them up. It's good for DACUS too, but I can only DACUS with z set to attack, so I never DACUS.

Top Bottom