• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Moveset Discussion Week 8: Down Smash

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
u dont understand my strategy, i was just giving a jist of where i carry the match, sonics hate me for it, but its all she really can do to own in the matchup.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
u dont understand my strategy, i was just giving a jist of where i carry the match, sonics hate me for it, but its all she really can do to own in the matchup.
So you are telling me you essentially float from side to side, leaving you vulnerable if he knows what he's doing, mainly by using B-side in combination with the spring so your a sitting duck, you shield everything but don't go for the damage from OoS or a grab, essentially being a ******* is your strategy?

Who are you playing? A good Sonic isn't an idiot.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
So you are telling me you essentially float from side to side, leaving you vulnerable if he knows what he's doing, mainly by using B-side in combination with the spring so your a sitting duck, you shield everything but don't go for the damage from OoS or a grab, essentially being a ******* is your strategy?

*disregards the fact that you were adressing woody*
(I need someone to vent to)

The sonic I have been brawling is not very good. He pulls some very good combos, like draging me off stage with his side B in a 2 hit combo, then knocking me past the blast box with homing attack. (its a sick kill)

He is bad because he is TOO predictable. His meta-game consists of spacing himself from me, using spring, down air, side B, jump, side B, homing attack, rince and repeat. He has no other options ot seems. He knows the meta-game, and basic tactics, but he uses only this one, and over and over. I learned to just stand still, wait for him to come with his down air, and rest cancel it.

I'm feeling a little left out against good sonics :(. This one is theonly one I have brawled, and he is just too easy. Hook me up with Anther sometime. I want to see a good sonic.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Malcolm believes the MK/Sonic matchup is 55-45.

Then again, that's Malcolm. Good as hell...

Metatitan

Smash Master

now now u two dont start another flame war. u already ruined bowyer's fun :(

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I really don't know, even looking back it just kinda pops 8up for no reason.

I guess cause we kinda all started to agree.

Also I'm putting my money on illin for the flame war, his grammar and use of actual sentences has the potential to hold more flame than woody's lol spk.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
...Anther isn't that good of a Sonic, truth be told. Look up Cat in the hat (Cith) or Tenki. They're both amazing Sonics. Don't look up Anther if you want to see what Sonic is capable of.

(Lol, I'm not dissing Anthers Sonic, I'm saying that don't talk about his Sonic like it's the best.)

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Cat in the hat has a cool avatar, but I can't believe it doesn't have steak!

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Just see him play. He does things I never knew Sonic could do. (Stage spike with dair then returning, for example, recovering after I WoP'd him beneath the stage and general ****)
Couldn't he have used homing attack to recover from that?

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I was out of range. I'm not sure what the hover attack would do. Even if he used that, it's still amazing. Sonic has one of the best recoveries in the game, probably only a thousand spots below MK.
Fix'd lol. :laugh:

you can't even attack Mk while he shuttle loops from underneath the stage, totally passing by the edge, and ending up already set for U smash.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I used this move one time out of all the times I played Jiggz, it hit, it did not KO. Never used it again.:lick:
Excuse me Mr. The Sniper Owl From Youtube, if that is your real name!
Down smash has potential to kill because if you use the attack and then you use another attack you have higher chance of kill your opponent. I've tested this against my little sister one time and it worked. I charged it up and it made my day when I realized that she spin circles it was so cute, but I digest. The move pushed my sister away from me so I decided to jump off the edge and attack it worked trust me this is no lie!

Obvious joke post.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I used this move one time out of all the times I played Jiggz, it hit, it did not KO. Never used it again.:lick:
Do it again near the edge, and at like above 40%. then jump off to follow them and get your lols. If you're playing against a heavy character, you don't even need to, they'll just die for you. :laugh:

but you're criteria for a good move is that it kills things?

That's like saying, "I tried MK's whorenado, but it didn't kill anyone, so it sucks" :laugh:

lols, just for fun, no flames. :laugh:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I like my new sig...
In any event, this is probably gonna be your least used smash attack, with fsmash being a better kill move, and upsmash used for DACUS. It does have the unique property of keeping them low to the ground, so it could be a useful edgeguard against someone like Lucario. But don't use it. Often.

PND

Smash Champion
It's great against characters who don't autosweetspot the edge. Similarly, it's awesome in Brawl +.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's great against characters who don't autosweetspot the edge. Similarly, it's awesome in Brawl +.
Jigglypuff with Melee hitsun is awesome.
So many rest comboes. I loved how early it killed.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I got a pretty awesome kill against Manic's D3 with dsmash. I forgot how it happened. I think he was trying to get onto the ledge.

I actually use it semi-regularly as a "gtfo" move. Like, I know it's easily punishable and overall a bad idea, but I dunno.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
DDD is a character who can't auto-sweetspot the ledge, so dsmash can work well against him. The low trajectory it sends him means he will have a hard time coming back (even harder if you go offstage to get him :)) if this doesn't kill him.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
DDD is a character who can't auto-sweetspot the ledge, so dsmash can work well against him. The low trajectory it sends him means he will have a hard time coming back (even harder if you go offstage to get him :)) if this doesn't kill him.
:o

If this is trufax, then it's super easy to simply dsmash him away while he's recovering to force the upb, and then rest him.

Hence

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff's D-Smash sends opponents at an angle similar to that of Zelda's D-Smash.
The start-up and ending lag will almost always get you punished though.

This is just another one of Jigglypuff's attacks that can only be used as a taunt (or mindgames), it seems.
Charging D-Smash looks so much better than her real taunts imo.

EDIT: Perhaps reading through the entrire thread would have helped. I'm just making my way back to the Jigglypuff community, so I'm looking though every thread I missed.

With that said, I'm going to try using D-Smash against Ohio's only Wario main when he's recovering from below the stage; it seems promising.

Top Bottom