• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl - More balanced than Melee? Lie or truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
who says that the low-tier characters in Brawl have less potential then lows in melee? I couldn't even PLAY pichu in melee. his/her problem wasn't something like speed. it was that his moves were all similar and didn't do any damage or combo. Link and Samus and C. Falcon and many others have a great moveset, combos still availabls since last game, and are actually playable. I can't believe you're stressing out so much about a tier list you've never seen. Wario was placed low-middle or just low in the beginning. Now he's doing much better. I'd still say it's too close to tell.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Pichu could combo >_>
And KO.

who says that the low-tier characters in Brawl have less potential then lows in melee? I couldn't even PLAY pichu in melee.
And you choose to blame it on Pichu? For shame!

Link and Samus and C. Falcon and many others have a great moveset, combos still availabls since last game, and are actually playable.
1. What?
2. What?!

Wario was placed low-middle or just low in the beginning. Now he's doing much better. I'd still say it's too close to tell.
Someone predicted that Wario would be the worst character before the game came out. There are people who think that all characters are viable.
That someone says something doesn't mean that they know what they're talking about.
Wario is quite obviously a good character.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The fact that some people were wrong about certain characters' potential in the beginning means nothing. All it means is that they were wrong. It doesn't mean the game is more or less balanced than another game!

Wuss

Smash Champion
who says that the low-tier characters in Brawl have less potential then lows in melee? I couldn't even PLAY pichu in melee. his/her problem wasn't something like speed. it was that his moves were all similar and didn't do any damage or combo. Link and Samus and C. Falcon and many others have a great moveset, combos still availabls since last game, and are actually playable. I can't believe you're stressing out so much about a tier list you've never seen. Wario was placed low-middle or just low in the beginning. Now he's doing much better. I'd still say it's too close to tell.
what? Your basing your argument on your own experience, this immeadiately invalidates what you have to say. For everyone personal experience there is a counteracting one, so we need to find a general conclusion fitting a mean. For instance, I have no problem playing pichu, I can play pichu rather well and beat my friends who aren't that much worse than me fairly consistently, now your story means nothing. Not to mention, chu dat has won his bi weeklies before with pichu, his pichu is absolutely nasty. Now your argument is less than nothing because there are two opposing stories.

Also, wtf? C falcon and samus are basically unplayable in brawl. I don't know wtf you're talking about. Tell me a half-way decent combo that one of them can pull on more than one or two characters.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, wtf? C falcon and samus are basically unplayable in brawl. I don't know wtf you're talking about. Tell me a half-way decent combo that one of them can pull on more than one or two characters.
It'll make sense if you translate "combo" into "string". He probably has been watching too many "combo"-videos on Youtube or he doesn't know about DI, aerialing out of stun and airdodging.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Captain Falcon does string moves together quite well in capable hands. He almost has that "under estimated" thing going for him so that if you are not totally sure of his potential (which is common), he'll start pulling off multi-hits strings out of no where.

I do not think he is a good character. I think he is cronically underestimated, and a momentum-based character, but still not very good nor tournament viable.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Captain Falcon does string moves together quite well in capable hands. He almost has that "under estimated" thing going for him so that if you are not totally sure of his potential (which is common), he'll start pulling off multi-hits strings out of no where.

I do not think he is a good character. I think he is cronically underestimated, and a momentum-based character, but still not very good nor tournament viable.
Translation: Captain Falcon kinda works against people who are bad players (because they have no idea how to face Captain Falcon).

Fawriel

Smash Master
Poor Halloween Captain. He's got quite the opposition to fight against here.
If nothing else, you have to admire his courage.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hey, that guy's up against pretty much everyone who frequents this thread, keeps being confronted by frikkin Yuna and still remains calm. I respect that!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, that guy's up against pretty much everyone who frequents this thread, keeps being confronted by frikkin Yuna and still remains calm. I respect that!
Why shouldn't he remain calm when I'm treating him quite nicely? I haven't even raised my voice at him, I'm being overly nice even when he gives me headaches (though I occasionaly point it out to him).

That's because he's proven to be less-than-stupid and deserving of some patience as he's just misguided and at least willing to learn.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
This off-topic but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD1o3w_NEB0

Some1 explain this...
I've never seen something quite like that before. Didn't know Metaknight could do that. I'm not sure how they did it, but I'm sure some people would know. Anyone has any explanations as to how this could happen? My guess is that they held A and did something with the control stick to remain invisible.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Exactly what MK needs another useful move thats almost unpunishable.

Finally, the infamous and hitherto, unknown AT is revealed that will prove Brawl is a well balanced game.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>___> I don't see practical application to this, guys. Sorry. I'm not trying to troll, but...look. Metaknight can only do this **** on the ground. Simple solution? Jump around and get him to release it. Then punish.

Dimensional Cape is still useless.

Smooth Criminal

IrArby

Smash Ace
Well, you can end dimensional cape with an attack. They can't predict when you'll do this which means you may get a free hit. Its also great way to waste time in the match if your up a stock.

We still don't know the logistics of the move yet, much less how to do it so speculation at this point is just that. Still, its a **** sight more useful looking than half of the ATs out now.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
O.K., If that had any obvious practical applications, it would be very useful, and possibly game-breaking. Without knowing the logistics, I assume that while MK is invisible for such a long time, he can control his motion. While being invisible usually makes figuring out your next location more difficult, it can be impossible to avoid this attack from someone who's mastered the spacing. I really don't know.

This reminds me of a recent friendly on Lylat cruise where I found out the transformation time from Pokemon trainer is unusually longer than normal when done during one of the "warps." I DO NOT think the two tricks are at all related though. I'll have to look into this. Great find.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Why can't she? She can warp on the ground, and we don't know how the trick is done because its discoverer doesn't want to tell us, as he wants it to remain un-banned. There is no reason to assume Zelda can't do this trick.

EDIT: It almost seems like MK is walking while invisible. I wonder if the trick is entirely in the button combination, leaving the control stick free.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
maybe. i'll go test around with Zelda and see if she can do the MK trick. but i doubt it, and even if she can her application for it might not be as useful as what he can do with his. :ohwell:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Maybe he uses the c-stick to remain invisible. After all, he still could only use his standard sword attack after becoming visible again. No smashes = free c stick

Krayn

Smash Apprentice
At first i thought Melee was more balanced (still think it is), but now i am begining to see much more potential in alot of characters which would make brawl more balanced.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
here is how i see it.

remember when smash 64 came out? everyone was like, "this game is really fun! but there was one problem with it. it was too cheap. the items were overpowered and it was too easy. all you have to do is throw them off the stage constantly and they'll die.

in melee, they took out this problem by nerfing the imbalanced characters, making items useless, weakening throws, and adding advanced techniques. this made the game much more skillful and balanced since there werent any cheap characters.

in brawl, they took out the advanced techniques, made items stronger, and brought back the concept of imbalanced characters. this made the game imbalanced and melee is therefore better and more balanced.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why can't she? She can warp on the ground, and we don't know how the trick is done because its discoverer doesn't want to tell us, as he wants it to remain un-banned. There is no reason to assume Zelda can't do this trick.

EDIT: It almost seems like MK is walking while invisible. I wonder if the trick is entirely in the button combination, leaving the control stick free.
What total idiots. If it's broken, it's going to be banned. If it isn't, it won't. The fact that he knows how to do it but refuses to tell us how to just makes people hate him for being such selfish *******s.

So what, they're gonna try to use it to win a tournament or two before people figure out how it works and we can begin discussing whether it needs to be banned or not, instead of relying on, you know, skill?

Does Meta-Knight stay invincible while he's holding down the cape? If so, then this constitutes infinite stalling and is, as such banned already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom