• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Live

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Lol, this is such a good idea. Really. Im sure everyone at your school will think its not ridiculous. Put it up on youtube.
I've been worrying about making this accessible to non-Brawlers--that is, 90% of my school, and probably 90% of the cast. Not only does there need to be a little more explanation, like who that Pit guy is, and more jokes that everyone can get, rather than just inside stuff. So Dedede is probably going to still chaingrab someone, but I need to make it genuinely funny as well.

Oh, and more script coming soon.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Code:
Please make TL actually have an important role..

If not, more Link.
But I don't know if Link should be allowed to talk. He's always been mute.
I could give Toon Link some dialogue. If the actor playing him sounds right.

It sounds really bad.

actually....
I like to hear this. This is good.
Except you didn't say why it sounds bad.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I say kick out the dialog unless it's necessary.
I mean, if you SERIOUSLY HAVE TO, then go ahead, but not throughout all of it.
If they have pretty accurate voices, then you should try it.
Make sure Lucario doesn't suck.
And be sure Falco chains.

One problem.
Lucas and Ness.
How are they possible?
And Ganondorf.
I see ROB as another problem.
I can't wait to see how you do this, I'm sure it's going to be really epic.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
I say kick out the dialog unless it's necessary.
I mean, if you SERIOUSLY HAVE TO, then go ahead, but not throughout all of it.
If they have pretty accurate voices, then you should try it.
Make sure Lucario doesn't suck.
And be sure Falco chains.

One problem.
Lucas and Ness.
How are they possible?
And Ganondorf.
I see ROB as another problem.
I can't wait to see how you do this, I'm sure it's going to be really epic.
I'm not sure. Like someone else said before, silent plays can be hard to follow. Even if I get awesome music to play in the background, heck, even if I set the entire play to Bramble Blast, people who have never heard of Lucario, Ganondorf, or Falco will be seriously confused.

We might end up recruiting some elementary or middle-school kids to play Lucas and Ness. If you're talking about the PK moves, I have no idea how I'm going to manage that. I could go the self-consciously low budget route and have some kind of rig made of clear foil, internal lighting, and some kind of wire to hold it up.
At any rate I seriously doubt I'll be able to involve PK Fire. My Drama teacher wouldn't let me set up pyrotechnics.

Ganondorf... hm. I wonder if there are any warlocks at school who'll be willing to glow purple for the sake of a role.

I'm really gunning for this. The way it's looking it's going to be a five-act epic.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Well, you don't have to have EVERYONE, and you don't have to have everyone fight each other.
If you do, I just can't believe you can do this.
I mean, this whole concept rocks.
If you pull this off......
Wow.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Wow, this is awesome. I can't believe you're trying to pull this off! Good luck, and, as many others have said, put this on Youtube.

The costume designers have a whole lot of work cut out for them. I want a step-by-step guide on how to recreate a Lucario costume for Halloween. x)

How are you going to handle things such as Aura and magic? Most of all, how are you going to handle the fighting? I can't imagine many people can use Aether or FALCON PAAWWWNNNCH a R.O.B. into oblivion.

Again, good luck. I want to see how this turns out. 83

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this is awesome. I can't believe you're trying to pull this off! Good luck, and, as many others have said, put this on Youtube.

The costume designers have a whole lot of work cut out for them. I want a step-by-step guide on how to recreate a Lucario costume for Halloween. x)

How are you going to handle things such as Aura and magic? Most of all, how are you going to handle the fighting? I can't imagine many people can use Aether or FALCON PAAWWWNNNCH a R.O.B. into oblivion.

Again, good luck. I want to see how this turns out. 83
That's a good point. I haven't even thought of costume design. Lucario is probably going to have some kind of blue MC Hammer pants with black boots. The hardest will probably be something like Captain Falcon. I don't know where to find a double-breasted Future Racing jacket. I'll probably cobble up something out of strobe/Christmas lights. Certain liberties can be taken, i guess; as long as Cap does the Falcon Pawnch ritual, we can probably be excused the flaming falcon effect.

Ike is probably just going to chuck his sword at people.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Marth?
What about him?
And make him/her (I'm talking about the ACTOR, not Marth) have a good Japanese line.
And what's up with people fighting each other?
Is it truly going to be an all-out Brawl?

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Marth?
What about him?
And make him/her (I'm talking about the ACTOR, not Marth) have a good Japanese line.
And what's up with people fighting each other?
Is it truly going to be an all-out Brawl?
I haven't found a good Marth yet. I guess that's mainly because nobody at school has blue hair. Or speaks Japanese.

There's got to be some extra stuff thrown in, like Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and some genuine brawling Choreographed, I guess, but true to the game. I'm also going to find someone with a good voice to shout "GAME!" and "FAILURE!"

KUROK

Smash Cadet
This sounds pwnsome, after it's done I hope you swiftly get started on "SSBB... on ice!".

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
More script!

SCENE IV
Setting: Kongo Jungle

A Hammer Brother enters stage left, toting a basket piled high with bananas, and towing a large cannon on wheels. A Goomba companion follows behind. Suddenly, DK and Diddy jump out stage right. Diddy kicks the Goomba, sending it flying offstage. The Hammer Bro primes the cannon and fires a Bullet Bill at the two primates. DK charges up, and then releases, the Gorilla Punch, knocking him to the ground. The Hammer Bro gets desperate and begins to throw hammers at the two. DK spotdodges and handclaps the Hammer Bro into oblivion. As he is knocked back he drops the basket.

DK: (low-pitched gorilla noises) (beats chest)

Diddy: (high-pitched chimp noises) (beats chest)

Bowser stops onstage from stage left, and aims his Dark Cannon at Diddy. DK shoves Diddy offstage right, taking the shot himself. Bowser taunts, and drags the fallen DK offstage.

After everything is over, Diddy reenters stage left. He looks down at the pile of bananas, and swears revenge.

Diddy: (high-pitched angry chimp noises that swear revenge)

He takes a banana... and EATS IT! before rushing off stage left.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I don't see how that is so.
The original was amazing, dramatic, had great music, and was totally awesome.

The one you put up was good in it's own right, but it didn't have the awesome music, was an internet meme, and simply sounded ugly because it was made to be WAY too loud.

PCHU

Smash Lord
How are you going to do the spacies?
They're my favorite characters.

And Jigglypuff?
If you do include Jiggz, could you use the green band?

Wait.
How are you going to do Ike?
SOMEONE must have blue hair at your school....

Metanut, Kirbean, and King MNM are going to be pretty difficult, considering that two of them are round, and the other is a fat penguin.

Mr. Gn'W?
What's he going to do, be a cardboard cut-out in the grand scheme of real people?

Got a Sonic?
Get an athletic person.

And, Sheik?

Sorry to be doing that, but just wondering how this is going to play out.

Not too off-topic, but still....
You know, if I dyed my hair blue, I might be able to pass a Marth.
But I'm not white >_<
I've got the voice, though.
But you're not in Jackson TN.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Do you have a youtube channel, cause I will register just to subscribe.
Link should just yell and grunt and people understand him, like lassy.
Yoshi can talk though(go play paper mario if you doubt this).

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Whatever you do,

YOU MUST DO THE NAME THING!!! You know, like for DeDeDe, he stikes a pose, quickly plays his themesong, and then the black bar goes "DUN! King DeDeDe."

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I have an idea for making R.O.B. Why not get the smart people to make like a remote-controlled thing and you can make a body so it will look like R.O.B?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
All I have to say is that this is the most amazing thing I've ever read here! I love it and I have to friend you (the maker0 because you are a genius! With MK, have someone crouch in a ball with a big piece of cardboard for the face, then have him hop around swinging his sword. this thread FTW! Put it on Youtube for sure, and when is this play going to happen? because I can PM you more ideas for a while if you want any ideas PM me cuz I got a lot.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
The original was amazing, dramatic, had great music, and was totally awesome.

The one you put up was good in it's own right, but it didn't have the awesome music, was an internet meme, and simply sounded ugly because it was made to be WAY too loud.
But I like it, despite the execution. The way I see it, the climactic battle of the second act will be Cap versus Ganondorf, since the one is the only worthy opponent for the other.
As for how things like the Falcon/Warlock attacks will go, I'll probably give up on fanagling some kind of pyrotechnic/glowy purple effect. The punches should be epic enough to speak for themselves, especially when Cap calls them. Maybe a sound effect when they connect, too, to imply the opponent's exploding from sheer awesome.

How are you going to do the spacies?
They're my favorite characters.

And Jigglypuff?
If you do include Jiggz, could you use the green band?

Wait.
How are you going to do Ike?
SOMEONE must have blue hair at your school....

Metanut, Kirbean, and King MNM are going to be pretty difficult, considering that two of them are round, and the other is a fat penguin.

Mr. Gn'W?
What's he going to do, be a cardboard cut-out in the grand scheme of real people?

Got a Sonic?
Get an athletic person.

And, Sheik?

Sorry to be doing that, but just wondering how this is going to play out.

Not too off-topic, but still....
You know, if I dyed my hair blue, I might be able to pass a Marth.
But I'm not white >_<
I've got the voice, though.
But you're not in Jackson TN.
The Cuban girl will probably play Fox (being that she's the same color brown), Falco I'm not sure about, but Wolf will be played by the biggest redneck I can find. I'll probably get some masks/gloves made, and Fox/Falco's reflectors can be moderately powerful strobe lights.

The characters could change costumes from scene to scene. Something drastic like default link to Dark Link wouldn't work, and it would be too distracting, but sticking a headband on Jiggz and some goggles/a party hat on Pikachu would be easy.

We have a pretty strict dress code that rules out blue hair. Marth n' Ike may have to resort to wigs. That being said, we should have enough effeminate kids who can do a good Japanese accent (Boku wa makeru wake-ni uwa ikanainda!), and enough jocks who can fight for their friends.

I'm planning to make the Kirby and Jigglypuff costume out of paper-mache, in other words a wearable pinata with space to keep a hammer, scimitar, or a couple of hats in. Meta Knight will probably be the same thing, except, you know. Hardcore.
The drama club has four fat kids that usually end up cast as one group in plays: one is short, and will probably play Mario; one is really tall and has a beard, and will play Ganondorf, I'm one of them, and I have a huge nose and a crazed look most of the time (Wario) and the fourth is big, jolly, and loves swinging things at people. I just have to paint him blue and stick a beak on him.

GnW as a puppet is an interesting notion, but I'll probably just get someone to wear all black, because it'll allow more freedom in things like showing people his turtle, and shoving keys down peoples' throats.

As for Sheik... whoever plays Zelda is going to probably wear a cutaway dress.

Well, I'm in South Carolina. I think I'll be able to find someone a bit closer.

I like that people are coming up with questions and comments. People should be thinking of things that I haven't. For example, I just had an idea for a scene involving the Dragoon.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Whatever you do,

YOU MUST DO THE NAME THING!!! You know, like for DeDeDe, he stikes a pose, quickly plays his themesong, and then the black bar goes "DUN! King DeDeDe."
I don't know how this could be done. I know it can, but a proper method is going to be tough.
Some stagehands could walk by carrying the banner, I guess, or the announcer could just shout the names, like in Classic Mode. Anybody who can figure out how this will work will get a cookie. And, if you help out a lot, maybe a mention in the program credits.

I have an idea for making R.O.B. Why not get the smart people to make like a remote-controlled thing and you can make a body so it will look like R.O.B?
That's a great idea. I'm pretty good with machines, so I could probably cobble together something out of an RC car. Unless, of course, somebody has an actual ROB they could lend me...

All I have to say is that this is the most amazing thing I've ever read here! I love it and I have to friend you (the maker0 because you are a genius! With MK, have someone crouch in a ball with a big piece of cardboard for the face, then have him hop around swinging his sword. this thread FTW! Put it on Youtube for sure, and when is this play going to happen? because I can PM you more ideas for a while if you want any ideas PM me cuz I got a lot.
Thanks, man. I could see Meta Knight being done that way--and, naturally, whoever plays him will have a good Spanish accent. Does Antonio Banderas owe anyone on the Smashboards a favor?
The play has about a 1% chance of happening, but I'm ambitious and starting to realize this is too great to not happen, even if nobody at school gets it. If it does go on it'll be in the fall, since I'm making all the preparations over the summer.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Interestingly answered.
Thanks for posting the Japanese phrase, I always wondered what it was.
And I thought it was a lot shorter.
How do they speak so fast?
And what does it mean?

Oh, and Bowser?
I dunno, a XXL coat with taped spikes?

Peach?
Not too hard.

Who's Yoshi gonna be?

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I don't know how this could be done. I know it can, but a proper method is going to be tough.
Some stagehands could walk by carrying the banner, I guess, or the announcer could just shout the names, like in Classic Mode. Anybody who can figure out how this will work will get a cookie. And, if you help out a lot, maybe a mention in the program credits.

I think this is how something like that should go:

*using your Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong scene*

"A Hammer Brother enters stage left, toting a basket piled high with bananas, and towing a large cannon on wheels. A Goomba companion follows behind. Suddenly--"

DK: *jumps out*

*all freeze but DK*

DK: *does idle animation*

Announcer/Narrator/Whatever: DONKEY KONG, king of the jungle!

*un-freeze*

Diddy: *jumps in*

*all freeze but Diddy*

Diddy: *does idle animation*

A/N/W: DIDDY KONG, -insert title here-!

*action resumes*

It might make the play go a little longer, but that's my two cents. And I really want that cookie. D:

Darkurai

Smash Master
That's a great idea. I'm pretty good with machines, so I could probably cobble together something out of an RC car. Unless, of course, somebody has an actual ROB they could lend me...
An actual R.O.B. would be far to small. It's only a toy after all. It would fit on the living room coffee table. The R.O.B. in Brawl is human-sized.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Some stagehands could walk by carrying the banner, I guess, or the announcer could just shout the names, like in Classic Mode. Anybody who can figure out how this will work will get a cookie.
You could make a large sign and have two people painted the same color as the backround walk across the screen. Or you could just make a huge sign, big enough to cover a person, just have a handle on the back and carry it across, with it dragging on the ground.

He takes a banana... and EATS IT!
lol death note

Top Bottom