• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ in Japan | JP Beta Build (GSH1) released

5ive

Smash Champion
He's got no combos, and is mainly a spammy, campy, and extremely defensive character.

He's got mediocre kill power with Good DI. He's heavy as hell and with good DI can live to stupid Brawl percents who has an amazing recovery with Side B and Up B.

He's the incarnate of Brawl in Brawl+. <___>
ughh. Come up here and play Holy yourself. I bet you anything that your statement will change. He was playing campy solely because he couldn't approach/combo me as I was Pikachu.

5ive

Smash Champion
One Good player's playstyle with a character != Their whole metagame. :V
True, but if Holy's play style results in wins, I would at least think ROB's metagame isn't as campy as you say it.

ROB can play campy when he needs to (eg. against my Pika), and he has really good defensive options (omfg spot dodge, down smash), but he can indeed play aggressive. Being called the reincarnation of Brawl is kind of an overstatement. Not to mention it would put bring a tear to Holy's face </3.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
They'll probably quit because they think we're sandbagging them when in fact our Interwebz cannot comprehend the power of JP God Hand.

timothyung

Smash Ace
lol Neko... Though I would also like to see how you guys play Brawl+.

We would like to port the code, but it's tricky to port. Many people are calling for a PAL port too, but it takes time. Don't worry, it eventually will be ported... We might have to ask Y.S.

EDIT:
You are worrying that Project SA (The program used to make Phoenix Mario) may have problems with 2.1a right? Don't worry, it works just as fine. I tried loading Phoenix Mario with JP Brawl, it works perfectly. The code can replace textures of about 1mb, and that file which contains character scripts is far smaller than the texture files. So it should work perfectly fine. 2.1a only has a few problems with stage textures and don't have the ability to replace music, but otherwise it should work as fine as 3.5.1. Just be patient for music replacing.

5ive

Smash Champion
Bump because I need some translations before Timothyung uploads inb4rape onto Nico.

I need someone to give me Kanji for:
Sacred Plus
Toronto, Canada
High Five
Eugene
Painted Ghost
Destructo
Thank You for Watching

and the link to the Japanese Brawl+ Wiki/Information thing

VietGeek

Smash Hero
lmao 5ive you don't need kanji for your tags. ;(

And I'm pretty sure they know what Canada is.

I think Asians love Canada. Haruhi loves Canada. Weeaboos love Canada. I love Canada. <_<

You're being too perfect 5ive. You'd be amazed at how much English they can ingest over Wapanese/Gapanese/Bapanese (Google and Babelfish...maybe Excite rofl).

5ive

Smash Champion
I'd still like the translations done though :/ Where the hell is Ark again?

Quote for new page.
Bump because I need some translations before Timothyung uploads inb4rape onto Nico.

I need someone to give me Kanji for:
Sacred Plus
Toronto, Canada
High Five
Eugene
Painted Ghost
Destructo
Thank You for Watching

and the link to the Japanese Brawl+ Wiki/Information thing

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure he found a lady friend over there and they're watching Code Geass or something else that's hot, sexy, romantic, and dangerously violent.

Either that or he found a Cosplay/Maid Cafe.

Or he got arrested for possession of lolicon.

In all seriousness though he might actually be out strolling through Japan since last I heard from him in regards to Japan, all he did was buy an ASSLOAD of books and then stayed cooped up in wherever he was staying.

shanus

Smash Hero
They can use our pacs no problem, or they ported over every single pac change?

timothyung

Smash Ace
They can use our pacs no problem, or they ported over every single pac change?
They are the same pacs... the last edited time is the same.
And there seems to be no problem. Good huh?

It would be good if you can also upload the videos to Nico... will help a lot in spreading Brawl+
Glad to see how Japan Brawl+ers fight :)
But you might have to wait a bit for the File Patch code. It takes time to port, after all.

shanus

Smash Hero
epic, that's awesome. Paprika mentioned that cross version pacs might work and I was about to be very sad. This is very good news to me.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Why shouldn't NTSC-U pacs work on NTSC-J? You can even exchange the entire sound.bsrar between the two, that indicates that that SFX IDs are the same.
And unlike PAL both versions contain only one dub for every character. In PAL the SFX order is messed up cause Jiggs/Lucario/PT have different voices depending on your Wii's language settings and I think some cheerings were also (horribly) translated.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, unless PAL users don't mind muted characters.

Besides sound everything else should work, you could already use the NTSC pacs on PAL when they were still used as 'effect' textures.
Woud probably be easier to just make the same changes to the PAL pacs instead of changing every single soundeffect in the NTSC pacs, though.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
No I'm pretty sure it's different. =V

So...now that Arkaether has left us to read books, who's gonna get us that Smacom account. I heard they no longer need mobile numbers. =V

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Screw your books, I'm translating games atm. Smacom? Yeah they relaxed the cell email requirement.

Made you guys an account, ask GHNeko for account info.

v: I'm busy so don't expect no translations from me.

Top Bottom