• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Gets "wii would like to play" video up!

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Did you expect different? But really who is behind Nintendo's advertising right now? They used to have some of the best commercials around. Now they are boring and generic.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Is that the same thing? Cause South Park was on here when you said it was on there.
It's somewhat the same. Network has some of the same shows as Central, such as South Park as they both have the rights to the show at the same time...or something like that. Not too sure about the details. But they ARE different.

I think I realized something, however. They wouldn't broadcast the same commercial from America in Canada, at least not often. They would air Canadian commercials over the American commercial break. That's could be why you haven't seen it, if the difference between the two stations is not the reason. Sorry if this is a bit confusing :dizzy:

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedy_Network

Wikipedia knows all, lol

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
It's somewhat the same. Network has some of the same shows as Central, such as South Park as they both have the rights to the show at the same time...or something like that. Not too sure about the details. But they ARE different.

I think I realized something, however. They wouldn't broadcast the same commercial from America in Canada, at least not often. They would air Canadian commercials over the American commercial break. That's could be why you haven't seen it, if the difference between the two stations is not the reason. Sorry if this is a bit confusing :dizzy:

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedy_Network

Wikipedia knows all, lol
Well, I'll see the commercial eventually, lol.

Toomai

Smash Ace
So it appears that Canadian channels are playing the ad but the American ones aren't. Maybe they're supposed to start Wednesday and they jumped the gun?

surfingnc

Smash Cadet
It was on G4 tonite...
also saw it on MTV about an hour ago

I will join the quest to find a link.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I've just seen it!

A bunch of people are in a store and the two Japanese guys go up to a retailer and bow. "Wii would like to play." Then it shows a bunch of clips from an earlier linked commercial of gameplay, with random shots of people playing. The announcer says something like "They're back, and this time they've brought friends. Lots of friends. This will be the brawl...to end them all!" At the end of the commercial the two Japanese guys hold the champion's arms up in the air, and then they leave in their car.

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I've never been more excited for a commercial. Maybe they are just delaying the commercial for The U.S. to help build up hype. Not for brawl, but just for the commercial. And wow, it's no where on the internet, and I think all you guys on this thread also really want to see it now. It's all a marketing scheme.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Looks nice. It's not exactly the same as the usual Wii would like to Play commercials so people can stop complaining now. It's still pretty good. I like it.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Not bad for a "Wii would like to play" commercial. It's almost exactly like how I imagined it from various descriptions. I still wish it could've been better though like the Japanese one.

surfingnc

Smash Cadet
This might be helpful for you guys trying to catch the commercial on TV. So far the commercial has been seen in the following US tv networks (at night):
Comedy Central
Adult Swim (cartoon network)
MTV
VH1
SpikeTV
TBS
NBC
G4
FuelTV

the commercial is really basic and has cheesy lines like "they're back, with new friends... this will be the brawl to end them all!"

cool thing is that it looks like a tournament-ish ending by having the japanese dudes holding the winners hands up in victory.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
ick...
its not that i don't like it because its a "Wii would like to play" ad but because it shows so little gameplay. Honestly if you knew nothing of the game would that really show you what its about let alone convince you to buy the game? Yes, the N64 had next to nothing in both departments but it had comedy to 'trick' unknowing consumers into being interested.

Kylazin

Smash Rookie
NNID
MaxximusPrime
How dare they show a commercial for a game they haven't even released yet! =P

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anyone has said this because I haven't read most of this thread, but I hope, when it says in the commercial: "this could be the brawl to end it all," that this doesn't mean it's the last ssb. This game looks good enough to be the last, but since I haven't played it, I can't really say for sure.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Disappointing that it gets a Wii Would Like To Play commercial.
At least the commercial is epic.

Top Bottom