• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Gets "wii would like to play" video up!

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I think I understand you guys American culture lol. You all feel strongly about not having commercials for good games... I think ^_^
Which, when you think about it, makes little sense. In truth, Nintendo is being smart with the American commercials. By presenting all games in the same "Wii Would Like to Play" format, they try to homogenize the experience of playing games to the point where genre or accessibilty won't matter.

Thats why you see a 30-something man playing Metroid Prime 3 in that commercial as well as kids playing Super Paper Mario. It's a clever ploy. It's for people with the Wii and Wii Sports, and no clue about what else to eventualyl get for it.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
I think I understand you guys American culture lol. You all feel strongly about not having commercials for good games... I think ^_^
Not at all, but it is more for people who don't know about the game then those who do, which is why many SWF people do not enjoy it, I do though.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
forgot to mention..the Wii would like to play music owns..
Infact I woulden't mind brawling to that tune also >_>

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
I just posted it ^ ... T_T
Is it just me or does that "commercial" that you posted have a distinct lack of um... just about everything from a "wii would like to play" commercial. you know like the car and the two jappanese dudes going to a random house and saying "Wii would like to play." and playing the advertised game with random people.

S2

Smash Lord
The problem most people have with Brawl getting this type of commercial is that NoA is advertising to the wrong audience.

The Wii would like to Play commercials are brilliant and they work excellent for certain titles.

But they market to a casual audience and not the hardcore gamer. This type of advertising backfires for certain games, like Prime 3 - since obviously they don't have much appeal to the casual gamer.

Of course, Smash is going to do fine anyways, since the audience for it is pretty much locked in.

Rash

Smash Ace
Obviously it was going to get the "Wii would like to play" treatment. Still don't think it's really the game for it.

Smash Brothers by nature is a casual-oriented game. They could make a commercial that both hardcore and casual gamers could enjoy. It's not like Nintendo has to make every game on Wii look like casuals could play it and have fun, especially when Smash is already a franchise that most people know about.

But hey, I guess if it gets the awareness out more than ever, why not, right?

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I wonder if it's possible to get that song anyways >_>

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i want to see this commercial, i haven't seen any links for it yet anywhere or on youtube

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
in Canada, watch Comedy now. It will probably come on during South Park. That's where I saw it.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
They should make a new version of the 64 commercial with snake and stuff lol

Top Bottom