• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Gets "wii would like to play" video up!

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
It should be the original commercial but with every starting character beating the crap out of Mashairo Sakurai. I'd give a million dollars to see that!

Hahahahah!

Cheezball

Smash Ace
You scared me. I thought you were going to say something bad. Who cares, its not sad news at all, its actually good news to see a commercial for Brawl.

Off topic @ Nuvia: You make me laugh, you always type one sentence that has less than 10 words in it. Short, but very well put sentences.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
This is an outrage. I am cancelling my more than six month old reserve right now because of this information.
Oh my God, this is the worst news ever to hit the Brawl community!
Thanks fo sarcasm, its not bad but brawl and other games deserve better. On the plus side thats confirmation of no more delays, even though we already knew that. I guess its just another nail in that coffin(sp?).

SETHMASTEROFPKMN

Smash Cadet
On the brightside: No more delays, and we FINALLY get a commercial. Though, I would like a cooler one (think one that has Mario running and fighting with everyone, then "ends, and Mario does a victory pose and Sonic runs by and kills him).

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I hope you're kidding, it's just an advertisement....
Sarcasm detector needs a little tuning there. No way would I give up my reserve ticket :p

This being "sad" news makes no sense, TC. Brawl doesn't "Deserve better". It already has tons of fans chomping at the bit to buy the game; why would it need a completely unique commercial to show the game. Any hardcore fan isn't going to be swayed by any sort of Brawl commercial.

The interesting thing about the Wii Would Like to Play commercials is that they're sort of showing off new things to people who may not have known them. They're smarter commercials that might pique the interest of a non-fan.

Needless to say again, but Brawl commercials will affect almost no one that knows about Brawl already.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Ugh i was hoping it wouldnt get this. Well its better than just a montague of old people/kids/martians over dramatizing the Wii's motion control. Oh wait.....

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
Sarcasm detector needs a little tuning there. No way would I give up my reserve ticket :p

This being "sad" news makes no sense, TC. Brawl doesn't "Deserve better". It already has tons of fans chomping at the bit to buy the game; why would it need a completely unique commercial to show the game. Any hardcore fan isn't going to be swayed by any sort of Brawl commercial.

The interesting thing about the Wii Would Like to Play commercials is that they're sort of showing off new things to people who may not have known them. They're smarter commercials that might pique the interest of a non-fan.

Needless to say again, but Brawl commercials will affect almost no one that knows about Brawl already.
I don't think its bad but many people do, plus that title would get attention.

finalark

SNORLAX

Hard to tell sarcasm via text, try a /sarcasm next time.

Anyway, but I do see your point.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I don't think its bad but many people do, plus that title would get peoples attention.
My point is, anyone who thinks its bad will probably get the game anyway. The Japanese guys are established, and actually a somewhat clever hook intended to get people interested in the Wii (which includes lots of casuals) to take an established setting (Japanese intervention) and show off a new game with it and now it can be fun.

Any other "cooler" commercial would just be preaching to the choir.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
So... Links to real commercial?
I've been searching for like an hour but I still can't find it.

Kittah4 said:
My point is, anyone who thinks its bad will probably get the game anyway. The Japanese guys are established, and actually a somewhat clever hook intended to get people interested in the Wii (which includes lots of casuals) to take an established setting (Japanese intervention) and show off a new game with it and now it can be fun.

Any other "cooler" commercial would just be preaching to the choir.
I still think that SSB64 would be better though.

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
I agree. This isn't really a bad thing, especially considering that fact that by now, most casual players already know all the signs of the Wii commercials. The japanese guys driving up somewhere in a tiny white car with the japanese music playing. They come to the door, "Wii would like to Play" and the japanese party music starts. This will attract casuals that know nothing about Brawl a lot more than a commercial where random nintendo characters (some of which they may not even have any idea who they are) are jumping around beating each other in the face and at the end it says "Super Smash Bros. Brawl."

Would they even know it was a game if they're that out of the loop? The Wii would like to Play commercials are fine and they convey the message perfectly. And they actually show gameplay. :]

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I still think that SSB64 would be better though.
If you could substantiate your arguement, that would be nice. Thing is, you're already a smash fan. A commercial will do nothing to affect you but amuse you for 30 seconds. That's not what Nintendo is going to pay airtime for. They're going to pay to hopefully hook non-fans.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure what this is supposed to even mean? But I'm open to listen.
You know those commercials where the japanese nintendo people go up to random people and say "wii woul like to play" , well brawl got that commercial.

Kittah4 said:
If you could substantiate your arguement, that would be nice. Thing is, you're already a smash fan. A commercial will do nothing to affect you but amuse you for 30 seconds. That's not what Nintendo is going to pay airtime for. They're going to pay to hopefully hook non-fans.
Yes but even people who don't know about brawl would still like comedy. To me the perfect thing would be a mix between SSB64 and wii would like to play for brawl.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
The Japanese guys are awesome, their car is pwnsome.. >_>

Finch

Smash Lord
Lol "the japanese nintendo people", yeh they came to my house too. ^_^ But seriously why is this bad?
Because it's just kind of lame for such a highly anticipated game. But it doesn't really matter. Anyone complaining about the ad is going to get the game anyway, so the ad isn't really for them. The ad is for people who weren't already planning on buying the game, obviously, so they made a mainstream, formulaic ad. This is why Nintendo is making so much money.

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
I think I understand you guys American culture lol. You all feel strongly about not having commercials for good games... I think ^_^

Top Bottom