• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Full PAC List (Menu2 Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Zelda's texture is driving me mad. I don't know where the HELL some of her jewelry is on the texture sheet.

See the dark dots? I erased them the same way I did with her shoulder pad things. Does it mean I can't get rid of them at all? Also, if you see carefuly there's a little triangle-like blue jewel, I don't even know where the heck that one is.

Help? ;_;

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
i know that a few stuff on characters requires actual hexing knowledge... but i'm not sure how much of some stuff...

Sukai

Smash Champion
SSBBExtract, I think I have that, I hope I do, but where would you store the effects, in the respective character folder?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Alright, I've concluded that Fit*character*Motion is useless for now, the actual effects are in Fit*character*.pac, knowing that sooner would have saved me a lot of hours of thinking and trial and error.
However, after finishing and putting the texture in, my game froze.

Suggestions?
Tutorials?

Jeps

Smash Cadet
Where do I put effect files? And what are the proper names for the stage builder parts?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Thanks for putting more download links in! This guide is comming along nicely.
=P

Edit: I can't get the .pac converter to open =/ it opens for a split second then automatically closes itself.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Alright, I've concluded that Fit*character*Motion is useless for now, the actual effects are in Fit*character*.pac, knowing that sooner would have saved me a lot of hours of thinking and trial and error.
However, after finishing and putting the texture in, my game froze.

Suggestions?
Tutorials?
Don't forget about that now....

Sukai

Smash Champion
I'm starting to think that the character effects do not work with the file replacement code, but rather, you'd have to burn a disc to use them.
I may be wrong, but still.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Nnnnno, because pcs' only exist where they are supposed to, they aren't needed anywhere else.
However, if you have the proper pac file, you can ash it and run step 2 create, they make both pcs' and pacs.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I'm starting to think that the character effects do not work with the file replacement code, but rather, you'd have to burn a disc to use them.
I may be wrong, but still.
Your wrong, they work. I use red Marth and Roy slashes, and I have awesome Toon Link weapons.

Is there any way to get a PCS file from a PAC?
Drag the file into ntcompress.exe

Nnnnno, because pcs' only exist where they are supposed to, they aren't needed anywhere else.
However, if you have the proper pac file, you can ash it and run step 2 create, they make both pcs' and pacs.
Theres a simpler way but you only need it for characters.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
i wonder... do the comicbook-like explosions used for many general effects in the game, which kinda look like this:

have a texture, say in the effects files?

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
Your wrong, they work. I use red Marth and Roy slashes, and I have awesome Toon Link weapons.

Drag the file into ntcompress.exe

Theres a simpler way but you only need it for characters.
Is it supposed to give me a bin file the same size as the pac?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
No it isn't, thats why you should learn DOS mode. Anyway, do the following:

Start, run.

Now, find the folder you are currently in and copy its entire directory. For example, mine is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\Desktop\Alex\ash_v23

Now, then type the following into CMD:

cd Directory

For example, mine would be:
cd C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\Desktop\Alex\ash_v23

This brings you into the folder you want.

Now, copy and paste this code edited so it works for your files.

ntcompress -l -o [Outputted File] -A4 [Inputted File]

For my example, if I wanted to edit Purin02.pac to Purin02.pcs, I would do this:

ntcompress -l -o FitPurin02.pcs -A4 FitPurin02.pac

That should work.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
i edited an assist trophy file, and ran step 2 giving me a .pac and a .pcs file. running the .pac file in the game (with the correct file name) froze upon loading the assist trophy.

my problem is, i think that the pac file needs to go through a process to become the AsfLittlemacBrres.pac file. is there any program that converts this or what?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
i edited an assist trophy file, and ran step 2 giving me a .pac and a .pcs file. running the .pac file in the game (with the correct file name) froze upon loading the assist trophy.

my problem is, i think that the pac file needs to go through a process to become the AsfLittlemacBrres.pac file. is there any program that converts this or what?
I don't think it needs to be expanded, its likely glitched but if you do need to expand it listen to the following:

Lz777ex.exe and ntcompress.exe are inverse processes.

lz77ex.exe expands files, IE, turned a .pcs into a .pac

Ntcompress does the opposite, it compresses files, IE, turns a .pac into a .pcs.

So try lz77ex.exe, if it doesn't work, try to .pcs and rename it to .pac. If not, your textures glitched boy.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
No it isn't, thats why you should learn DOS mode. Anyway, do the following:

Start, run.

Now, find the folder you are currently in and copy its entire directory. For example, mine is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\Desktop\Alex\ash_v23

Now, then type the following into CMD:

cd Directory

For example, mine would be:
cd C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\Desktop\Alex\ash_v23

This brings you into the folder you want.

Now, copy and paste this code edited so it works for your files.

ntcompress -l -o [Outputted File] -A4 [Inputted File]

For my example, if I wanted to edit Purin02.pac to Purin02.pcs, I would do this:

ntcompress -l -o FitPurin02.pcs -A4 FitPurin02.pac

That should work.
I have no idea how to even run on vista XD. And the rest of the stuff makes no sense to me either >_>...
Maybe I should just give up.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
hmm.... its not working...

it was a modified little mac texture i was working with, a +2 file was it's only data. i changed some stuff around, changed the index to palleted, 256 colors. i ran step 2, it said "do you want to add the file, make sure the pallet has up to 256 colors" and i said yes, like normal. it gives me .pac and .pcs files. i renamed the pac file to the right name, put it in the right directory, and when i'm trying to get a little mac assist trophy in game, the game freezes. i then tried changing the pcs to pac, and it did the same thing...
there doesn't seem to be anything different with the texture, especially since it was compiled without error.........

illinialex24

Smash Hero
hmm.... its not working...

it was a modified little mac texture i was working with, a +2 file was it's only data. i changed some stuff around, changed the index to palleted, 256 colors. i ran step 2, it said "do you want to add the file, make sure the pallet has up to 256 colors" and i said yes, like normal. it gives me .pac and .pcs files. i renamed the pac file to the right name, put it in the right directory, and when i'm trying to get a little mac assist trophy in game, the game freezes. i then tried changing the pcs to pac, and it did the same thing...
there doesn't seem to be anything different with the texture, especially since it was compiled without error.........
That isn't the only indication of a glitched texture. Sometimes it compiles fine but doesnt work well.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Hey, If anyone is successfully downloading the character models, please say so. My torrent client (utorrent) can't seem to find any seeders. TPB says that the torrent has 3 seeders, but I got nothing. Maybe if we comment on if we're downloading this torrent (or trying) the seeder count will increase? In any case, I'll continue troubleshooting to see if its a problem with my client.

Oh, btw, thanks Meow Mix and Roymaster. Having these files separated for individual downloads is incredibly helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom