• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Fest at my place on March 9th

OTRU...

Smash Champion
tru, sup everyone

Im holding a smashfest on sunday March 9th for brawl

As soon as the tournament is done at gigabits we're all going to my place, so if anyone is down lemme know and Ill add u to the attendance list, the only issue is that we need wii's, copy of brawl and TV's, so please post if u can bring setups. If enough people post (25 or more) ill rent the theater room at my apt complex so we can have a big room for ourselves.

If you've never been at my place, you can IM me at livinitup04 09, or you can PM me to get the address.

If enough people offer to bring their setups, Im gonna try to run a singles tourney and maybe teams as well, depending on what everyone wants. With a $3 buy in for each event. The only thing that sux is that we wont have all the characters but i dont think thats a huge deal since we're all basically new at this game.

Rules:
- Double elimination
- 3 stock matches, best out of 3
- Time set to 8 min per match
- Legal stages will be determined after I talk to Rohins, XYZ and Zoro (since theyve had the game for almost a month already)
- Friendly fire on for teams
- No items
- First stage is picked randomly, then if you lose you get to pick your stage/change your character if you wish.

Suggestions are welcome

my phone number is 321 279 8582

Setups:
1. sheer
2. Rx

attendance:
1. otru
2. skrach
3. sheergayness
4. sok
5. xyz
6. TBP
7. Proteus
8. Rx
9. QDVS
10. hbox
11. renth
12. cash mooney
13. raistlin
14. keepshootin

once again, please post if you plan on coming and if you plan on helping out with a setup, we need at least 7 setups so hook it up people!!!!!

truuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably go. And if I do I'll bring a set-up.

Otru, do you know which Gamestop you're going to for the Gamestop tournament thing, if you're going? We all need to spread out. :)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
It all depends on whether or not the Dorms are still housing, but I would assume they are, and therefore I can come and can bring a setup. Me and QDVS to **** all teams in Brawl for the next 4 years.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
I'll probably go. And if I do I'll bring a set-up.

Otru, do you know which Gamestop you're going to for the Gamestop tournament thing, if you're going? We all need to spread out. :)
Im prolly gonna go to the one located right next to pegasus landing on alafaya since that's where i reserved my copy of brawl.

kk but when do i gotta leave?
Actually i just remembered that it's gonna be spring break, but i still cant house you cuz i have plans for that monday morning, you can leave as soon as the tourney/fest is done, ask around maybe someone else will help you out with housing.

It all depends on whether or not the Dorms are still housing, but I would assume they are, and therefore I can come and can bring a setup. Me and QDVS to **** all teams in Brawl for the next 4 years.
You think you and queen can both bring ur wii's/brawl? and i dunno about that team **** thing u mentioned Rx, since me and will are gonna be teaming... lol :rolleyes:

Zoro

Smash Champion
I might go but that weekend has alot of junk goin on
gamestop gigs most likely a fest for gigs so i duno

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I heard Q GETS *****!!!
plus im winning all the gamestops muaahhaha!

hey andy.... GET *****!!
:dizzy:

get wolfed.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I'm definitely down to go to this.

And I need to find a Gamestop out of the way, so I know no other gigs people are going. We don't want to knock each other out of the regional qualifiers!

xxhyosukexx

Smash Apprentice
are you still gonna pwn if they make you use the wiimote/nunchuk?:)
i payed my game off today and the guy still didnt know much of anything besides to get there early if i wanted to participate.

Proteus

Smash Apprentice
Otru, you put me down twice.

And dang it XYZ, now I am scurreed...I may not have seen your Wolf, but he seems, frightening.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
well heres my thing,
i might go far just because of the competetion will be nothing but scrubs.
but I actually have the game, and i've been playing with the wiimote for awhile now. I actually like the nunchuck, im comfortable with it. rules are 1min, items on high, starting roster characters only. I'm most likey gonna make a drive somewhere, and play with noobs. That way atlantic south has a greater chance of all going to round 4, and not just some random nooobs.

P.S- I really have my heart set on winning only because round 4 is held in california, i've always wanted to go there.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
well heres my thing,
i might go far just because of the competetion will be nothing but scrubs.
but I actually have the game, and i've been playing with the wiimote for awhile now. I actually like the nunchuck, im comfortable with it. rules are 1min, items on high, starting roster characters only. I'm most likey gonna make a drive somewhere, and play with noobs. That way atlantic south has a greater chance of all going to round 4, and not just some random nooobs.

P.S- I really have my heart set on winning only because round 4 is held in california, i've always wanted to go there.
So how is it playing with the wii-mote?
I've never even played the game before (This is Vijin) and now not only that, but I gotta play with a wii-mote as well. What do you think the chances are of winning the first brawl tourney?
I was thinking of just picking Dedede and chain grabbing. Just keep it nice and simple.
Sound like a practical strategy?

BTW this is Vijin posting.

Frames

DI
I spoke to one of the employees at the Weeks Plaza gamestop next to UCF and he said that they would be using gamecube controllers provided by gamestop for the tournament.

Nyhmis

Smash Rookie
OTRU, are you holding this get together/smash fest tourny in place of the gamestop one at your place? Or are you going to be attending the gamestop tournament as well? The more I hear about gamestop's flakey rules, the less I want to go to their tournament. Some stores allow only Wii-motes and other stores are providing GC controllers. All the stores only have a bracket of 16 people. So the first 16 people to get there for the pre-order are the only ones able to attend for the Second round for the District.

I was talking to the manager over here at the Orlando/Kissimmee Hunters Creek Plaza Gamestop because I know him and that's where I got all the info from.

The 5,000 dollars, plasma screen tv, game library, and extra Wii all sound hella sweet, but I don't think that the rules will be fair universally for everyone that participates.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Well the gamestop tourney is gonna be on march 8th at midnight and then the next morning its NOOB1 at gigabits, and right after that tourney im gonna hold a smashfest for brawl at my place. So basically I'll be at all of these events.

For the Gamestop tourney I'm just hoping that my store has GC controllers, Frames mentiones that they prolly will at my store so we'll see... Rules are gay, but if you play smarter than other people you can manage to overcome the obstacles of the rules, plus it's just for fun.

Nyhmis

Smash Rookie
Also, TRU, since i'm so close and willing to drive, do you ever just have people over on 'off-weekends' to chill and smash with? I'm looking to either join a crew or get acqainted with some people that play consistantly in Orlando. I played the hell out of melee and was looking for some people with brawl to start practicing with.

I was thinking about giving you a call on your cell phone above to see if you'd be interested in getting together this weekend or something, but decided to see if I could get a hold of you here first.

Renth

Smash Hero
i thought about it. I might come chances are i won't though.

i'm more than likely staying in florida... i'm so.. ......:urg:

Top Bottom