• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
How do I get and use brawl+?
Get homebrew channel first, can't exactly tell you how to do that as it's against the forum rules I think. Just Google it or something.
Then follow the instructions on the OP.
There's even a pre arranged SD package there for ya.
Easy peasy.

pkakira88

Smash Rookie
From my limited experience, and I'm probably wrong, it could be one of two things.
1) You're missing gameconfig.txt
2) You have an old version of GeckOS, and should update it
I run into the problem too. The thing is its not that the wii isnt running the code, it runs brawl+ just fine. Its the code manager that wont let me convert the txt file into the gct.

5ive

Smash Champion
I run into the problem too. The thing is its not that the wii isnt running the code, it runs brawl+ just fine. Its the code manager that wont let me convert the txt file into the gct.
I'm guessing you're using the old code manager. Someone link this man to the new one please.

pkakira88

Smash Rookie
yeah like the one thing I find different about the code manager I have and the ones that other have in pics is that on the bottom right their's a counter for how many lines are written.

Mr.Baconsock

Smash Rookie
Okay I tried launching brawl through Gecko OS with brawl+, but it keeps telling me that I have too many codes. It gave me a limit for the amount of lines I can have.

Can someone PLEASE help me...?

SpikeBolt

Smash Cadet
I have tried Brawl+ with Geck OS and it works perfectly, besides the textures..

I would like, however, to use one single app to load all my games. That said I would like to know how it is possible to run Brawl+ using the Ocarina cheat system thingy. Currently when I do so all I get is a "Green Screen of Death". I read I need some "snapshot thing" but I have no clue what that's about. If anyone could point me in the right direction i'd apreciate it.

EDIT:
Since no one replied i'll add my texture problem. I have tried to add textures with no success so far and I can't understand why. I tried the Brawl+ chat thingy in search for help but all I got was contradicting answers. Some said the PAL version (which is the one I am using) has no texture code, others say it has. Honestly i'm confused.
Anyway I created the folders: "private\wii\app\RSBP\pf\fighter\pikachu" and placed a "FitPikachu01.pcs" inside but it does not work. Again if you can explain me what's wrong or if the PAL version has the texture code or not i'd apreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
lol, so it is better in absolutely any possible way with absolutely no contras?

Edit: What i mean is: Is Brawl+ more an update to brawl (only eliminating negative sites of brawl like tripping), or is it an own game for itself (just a new version, because someone didn't like some things that were not mistakes)?

Like coffee with sugar. If you like coffee you might feel good at drinking coffee, but maybe you like coffee with sugar more, so there is no contra for doing it.

n88

Smash Lord
lol, so it is better in absolutely any possible way with absolutely no contras?
Captain Falcon's FS causes a freeze in B+, so if you really like the Captain's Final Smash, I recomend vBrawl. Also, if you loved how ridiculously good Meta Knight was in vBrawl, you might want to stick with that.

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon's FS causes a freeze in B+, so if you really like the Captain's Final Smash, I recomend vBrawl. Also, if you loved how ridiculously good Meta Knight was in vBrawl, you might want to stick with that.
Ok, thats an answer =)

I don't play CF or Mk, so it doesn't bother me ;)

Thanks =)

lordxzsawq21

Smash Rookie

Will there be new characters in Brawl+? How would something like that work?
Right now, we can safely say it is very possible to add new characters to Brawl+; the hackers behind the scenes are hard at work figuring out ways to accomplish this. As a Brawl+ player, you can expect it in the future, but don't barrage us with character requests; we can only do what can be done, and it's unfortunately rather limited. However limited it is.. the possibilities are infinite!
The way we envision this to work will essentially provide (at the very most) melee-esque clones. A base character will have it's moves altered and be linked to a certain costume; so something like Red marth would be Marth with Roy's moveset. We cannot add models or change them (at the moment), but we can change textures around; so expect characters to be as textured as possible to represent their new movesets.

Here's some characters that you can try out. They simply replace their base character, but you can get a feeling for how they'll play.

Who's working on this? How far have they come?
Would it be possible to create an entirely new character, or would they have to be tied to a costume?

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this was asked already.

But i have SSBB+ installed yesterday and it starts immaculate. But, if i go to make a brawl, select the characters and then come to the stage-select, my game freezes. Also it freezes in stage-editor and training mode.

So now my question: Has anyone an idea what could be wrong with the game?

Sterowent

Smash Ace
could you tell me what codeset of brawl+ you have, Rapax? using any stage or character textures? are you using a european wii, a north american wii, or a japanese wii?

and, to answer your earlier question, brawl+ is its own game. generally, you could consider brawl+ to be a true successor to melee and 64, with some brawl mixed of course. if you're looking for a brawl that's the same as brawl but with more balance among other things, you might want to check out Balanced Brawl.

though i myself prefer b+, whatever's most fun to you is what counts. i'll check back here later. hope you've replied (or gotten help) by then!

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
Ok, i have a european wii, with frameware 4.1E. I don't use any character or stage textures, i just loaded this: http://board.gulli.com/thread/1347494-bannerbomb-alphaworkshack-fr-40/ and installed the hbc.

I have HBC and Brawl+ starts fine.

I loaded earlier the TP Hacking in the hope it works too for 4.1E, but it doesnt (i have red the tutorial, but i was not sure if it might be an updated version, hope dies last^^). So i didn't use the hacks they are just on my sd-card, maybe this could be a problem?

Well, i hope this helps you, if you want know such more things feel free to ask =)

PS: You may should know i'm not at home, so i can't try out your tips yet, but i will today. (later on the evening, it's now 12:13 in austria, and at ~17:20 ro so i will be at home and then i try it out)

Ok, now i loaded the full package from here http://brawlplus.net/install-guide/ and he tells me that there is no sd-card... Please, anybody, i despair :urg: :confused: :(

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
Ok, i have a european wii, with frameware 4.1E. I don't use any character or stage textures, i just loaded this: http://board.gulli.com/thread/1347494-bannerbomb-alphaworkshack-fr-40/ and installed the hbc.

I have HBC and Brawl+ starts fine.

I loaded earlier the TP Hacking in the hope it works too for 4.1E, but it doesnt (i have red the tutorial, but i was not sure if it might be an updated version, hope dies last^^). So i didn't use the hacks they are just on my sd-card, maybe this could be a problem?

Well, i hope this helps you, if you want know such more things feel free to ask =)

PS: You may should know i'm not at home, so i can't try out your tips yet, but i will today. (later on the evening, it's now 12:13 in austria, and at ~17:20 ro so i will be at home and then i try it out)

Ok, now i loaded the full package from here http://brawlplus.net/install-guide/ and he tells me that there is no sd-card... Please, anybody, i despair :urg: :confused: :(
What kind of SD card are you using?
Brawl doesn't support anything above 2gb, and the wii doesn't support SDHC. That might contribute to the problem.

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
I have a "SanDisk Ultra II 2.0GB" SD card.

I decided to clear everything i made this week and try again from 0... It seems to be the best.
But like it seems, i can't try it today, maybe, but probably not. More realistic is tomorrow.

I hope it works then =/

thex9200

Smash Rookie
Hey, I got wii 4.1E and just before when i had 4.0 it worked just fine. But since my bro upgraded it even tho I told him not to. So... Now i got the latest version of gecko and I tried to start it. It's saying that it's loading the SD codes just like it should do. But when i start it, nothing is changed. Everything else in homebrew works fine tho.

So I started to looking for some kind of downgrade to 4.0 (after killing my brother). But nothing seems to work for me. So now I went here for help, I wonder if they will fix this somehow for 4.1 or do I have to downgrade somehow to 4.0 to play brawl+ again? I'll be really happy if someone could help me out, rly. =)

Learn2Luigi

Smash Cadet
Hey, I got wii 4.1E and just before when i had 4.0 it worked just fine. But since my bro upgraded it even tho I told him not to. So... Now i got the latest version of gecko and I tried to start it. It's saying that it's loading the SD codes just like it should do. But when i start it, nothing is changed. Everything else in homebrew works fine tho.

So I started to looking for some kind of downgrade to 4.0 (after killing my brother). But nothing seems to work for me. So now I went here for help, I wonder if they will fix this somehow for 4.1 or do I have to downgrade somehow to 4.0 to play brawl+ again? I'll be really happy if someone could help me out, rly. =)
Download the new Gecko, I am on 4.1 and SD codes work fine.
At least I think I'm on 4.1... :dizzy:

Cero

Smash Lord
I just got a 4 gig PNY Optima SDHC and my Brawl+ is working.

The .gct loads but, the problem is, it's as if everything in the "private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf" folder is ignored. No strap files, no custom music, and no textures. Any help?

xhypermetalsonic

Smash Rookie
I need help?

I setted up Brawl + last night and it was working fine.. But I'm now getting a code dump when ever I try to play it??
(code dumo happens when I got to boot the game in Gecko 1.9.2....)

I could make a vid if needed showing off... I dont see why this would start happening for no reason. I didnt even make any changes or anything x_x"

Its very irritating

xhypermetalsonic

Smash Rookie
I just got a 4 gig PNY Optima SDHC and my Brawl+ is working.

The .gct loads but, the problem is, it's as if everything in the "private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf" folder is ignored. No strap files, no custom music, and no textures. Any help?
I was having this prob when I was trying to use my 8gb sdhc card.. but when I used my 1gb sd, everything went through.
Soooo, i assuming your using an sd card bigger than 2gb? If not, I dont know what your prob could be x.x
(oops.. ya.. ur using a 4gb? :p.. thats the prob... The older Wii games dont recongize anything bigger than 2gb.. <_< )

If you wanna use texture hacks, u'll have to use a smaller SD card.. At least thats how I see it. Assuming theres not a fix out there for sdhc cards

Cero

Smash Lord
I was having this prob when I was trying to use my 8gb sdhc card.. but when I used my 1gb sd, everything went through.
Soooo, i assuming your using an sd card bigger than 2gb? If not, I dont know what your prob could be x.x
(oops.. ya.. ur using a 4gb? :p.. thats the prob... The older Wii games dont recongize anything bigger than 2gb.. <_< )

If you wanna use texture hacks, u'll have to use a smaller SD card.. At least thats how I see it. Assuming theres not a fix out there for sdhc cards
Just as I thought. Thanks for the reply. :)

thex9200

Smash Rookie
Can you play brawl+ wi-fi even if you got diff versions? I got pal and this other guy got american brawl... But we do have the same codes for brawl+, still it seems to desync. Aren't we able to play with eachother?

Cero

Smash Lord
I'm been using a relatively new microSD card for Brawl+.

Ever since I put custom textures and music into my microSD, every few weeks, without fail, either all or some of the files in the "pf" folder (textures and music), get randomly erased and I end up having to put them back in.

At first, this didn't annoy me too much. But, then, I realized that my SD was losing memory every time my Wii erased the "pf" folders. :(

For example:
Let's say I've used up 25% of the total space of my SD card.
The Wii erases the "pf" folders.
When I check how much memory is left, the memory used should be lower than 25%.
But, instead, I find that it's still at 25%!
Now, I have to re-add the "pf" files that were erased by the Wii.
The total used space has now gone up to 30%.
This process continues over the course of a few months and now, whenever I try to re-add anything to the SD, my computer's telling me that the SD's full...

Does this happen to anyone else?

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
Not me. Even if you get an answer it might be easier just to buy a new SD Card. They are really cheap, if you bid right you could end up getting one for a couple $ on Ebay.

Cero

Smash Lord
It's not the SD.

This is the second SD card that's become "full". I don't feel like wasting money on new SD cards every time the last one becomes unusable.

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
It's not the SD.

This is the second SD card that's become "full". I don't feel like wasting money on new SD cards every time the last one becomes unusable.
Don't buy Micro SDs & and what is happening is fairly common. It is not the Wii.

Reformat your SD Card on your PC. This will help your SD card from failing and losing random things. It insures your file structure is clean.(FAT32-16) I'm not gonna go into details, but it often happens if you switch inbetween devices alot, every time you transer a new file you should reformat the whole thing.

Cero

Smash Lord
Oh ****. Thank you. It seems to be working now. :)

When I checked its formatting, it was "FAT". I just reformatted into "FAT32". Was that one of the main reasons my files kept getting erased?

SpikeBolt

Smash Cadet
Sigh...

I have tried Brawl+ with Geck OS and it works perfectly, besides the textures..

I would like, however, to use one single app to load all my games. That said I would like to know how it is possible to run Brawl+ using the Ocarina cheat system thingy. Currently when I do so all I get is a "Green Screen of Death". I read I need some "snapshot thing" but I have no clue what that's about. If anyone could point me in the right direction i'd apreciate it.

EDIT:
Since no one replied i'll add my texture problem. I have tried to add textures with no success so far and I can't understand why. I tried the Brawl+ chat thingy in search for help but all I got was contradicting answers. Some said the PAL version (which is the one I am using) has no texture code, others say it has. Honestly i'm confused.
Anyway I created the folders: "private\wii\app\RSBP\pf\fighter\pikachu" and placed a "FitPikachu01.pcs" inside but it does not work. Again if you can explain me what's wrong or if the PAL version has the texture code or not i'd apreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Anyone? It has been almost 2 weeks since I first asked ._.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
For your texture trouble, there is a PAL file patch code, but I don't think it's working.

Also, what exactly do you mean by Ocarina cheat system thingy?

SpikeBolt

Smash Cadet
Where can I find such patch?

The Ocarina Cheat system is mentioned in the first post under "Should I use GeckoOS or Ocarina/Why should I use GeckOS over Ocarina?"

EDIT: Meh, another brawler from portugal sent me every file he has from textures to gameconfig and somehow it works for him but not for me. Either my 2GB SD card sux or it doesn't work on a 4.1E wii @.@

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
Oh ****. Thank you. It seems to be working now. :)

When I checked its formatting, it was "FAT". I just reformatted into "FAT32". Was that one of the main reasons my files kept getting erased?
Most likely. If it starts to happen again just reformat. It probably won't though.

Top Bottom