• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

Subach

Smash Apprentice
What are these "modified costumes for tournament play" included in the full premade SD package?

Am I going to need these?

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
They are there in support of Chibo's colorblind rule. For characters like Lucario, Sonic, etc, they have ambiguous colors when it comes to teams. The textures just make them more red or more blue so it's easy to tell what team they are on. They aren't necessary, but at least it sets up some directories for you if you want to do your own texture hacking.

Mite000

Smash Rookie
I'm a fan, personally. I was wondering how long it would take for them to throw Shadow in there lol. Lets see whats next.

5ive

Smash Champion
I'm a fan, personally. I was wondering how long it would take for them to throw Shadow in there lol. Lets see whats next.
As a texture? Or do you mean as a whole new character.

If you're referring to the texture, we already have a Shadow texture. As for a character, I don't think it would be a realistic decision to spend time on Shadow. How much can you really do to make Sonic's moveset different to make a totally new character? I don't think there is enough support for it anyways.

Rorar

Smash Rookie
yeah i got it to work but with an older version of brawl+ but with the newer version is not working I downloaded the sd loader and put it in codes but then it tell me to

"Place the Codeset GCT in the /private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf folder of your SD card (create it if it does not already exist)."

So I go on the website and download "Current Codeset - GCT File" and place it in /private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf folder but when I load it up it just stays frozen on applying sd code?

5ive

Smash Champion
You need to place Gameconfig.txt at the root of your SD.
You'll need it for every codeset as it allows you an assload of lines.

http://brawlplus.net/latest.html

Press "Direct Link to Premade SD Package (Full, 11.1MB):Includes textures for competitive play," and in the package you will see a gameconfig.txt file. Put that in the root, and put your codeset (whether it be 4.1B or a Nightly Build) in codes.

EDIT: Take out SD loader out of codes and take out the codeset GCT out of pf. The double GCT method is outdated.
DOUBLE EDIT: OMFG 1000 POSTS

Rorar

Smash Rookie
didnt work my friend even bought a new sd card for his wii and it didnt work maybe b/c we are using wii gator and we dont have a original copy of brawl

Rorar

Smash Rookie
No it's because ur doin it rong.
how am I doing it "rong" when I just dragged and dropped the files into a NEW sd card its really simple and it did not work but w/e I got the older version to work so its ok for now thanks for the help 5ive

Mite000

Smash Rookie
As a texture? Or do you mean as a whole new character.

If you're referring to the texture, we already have a Shadow texture. As for a character, I don't think it would be a realistic decision to spend time on Shadow. How much can you really do to make Sonic's moveset different to make a totally new character? I don't think there is enough support for it anyways.
I was only referring to the texture, I don't believe they could make him into a whole other character either. By the way, does anyone know the best place to go to leave a suggestion to improve Brawl Plus? Thanks

Xyless

Smash Master
I haven't read through the entire topic, but I've searched a few key words and haven't seen it mentioned for some reason.

Is there a standard ruleset to use for Brawl+ tournament play? Including handicap %, time, CP's, and so on? I'm trying to help host a small B+ tourney over the weekend, and I didn't really know what the standard was for tourney play.

Revven

FrankerZ
Is there a standard ruleset to use for Brawl+ tournament play? Including handicap %, time, CP's, and so on? I'm trying to help host a small B+ tourney over the weekend, and I didn't really know what the standard was for tourney play.
There isn't quite a standard yet but, if you really need to know I can give you a few of those things (the CPs are up to you though).

8 minutes
4 stock
no items (off set to none)
Handicap is your buffering this is customizable to anyone's liking so it doesn't need to be "set".

Neutrals/Starters
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
PKMN Stadium 2
Warioware

CPs are up to you though.

Xyless

Smash Master
So the handicap isn't set to anything? I assumed that, since it changed the buffer rate, it would have a set %.

EDIT: Also, wouldn't New Pork City be a Neutral? I mean, it's the most neutral stage now, right?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Most B+ tournaments have Warioware as a Counterpick, actually @.@

Here's the ruleset that the upcoming NC B+ tournament is using (This Weekend! Woo!)

Brawl+ Rules

See Melee rules for everything not specified here.

* Items off
* 4 stock, 7 minute timer
* For doubles, team attack on, life stealing allowed

Neutrals: (5 stages)

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Luigi's Mansion (no mansion)
* Smashville
* Pokemon Stadium 2 (frozen)

Counterpicks: (19 stages)

* Castle Siege
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Halberd
* Lylat Cruise
* Norfair
* Pictochat
* Green Greens
* Pirate Ship
* Skyworld
* Warioware
* Brinstar
* Corneria
* Green Greens
* Jungle Japes
* Pokemon Stadium
* Rainbow Cruise
* Yoshi's Island
* Wi-Fi Waiting Room (New Pork City)

I'm not sure Wi-Fi Waiting Room, Final Destination, AND Luigi's Mansion should all be legal stages in the first place so putting the Waiting Room in Counterpick is a pretty good idea, but honestly FD should just be banned and Wifi Waiting Room set to random in its place.

The WBR really needs to work on an actual ruleset if they're not already and release a good one soon. Even if Brawl+ hasn't gone gold yet, people are still hosting tournaments for it. A recommended rule set is needed at THIS POINT in the game's development.

Edit: Skyworld? Corneria? Pirate Ship? o.O I need to talk to him about this...

Karl

Smash Rookie
I have the Brawl+ plusery code on my SD card but I want to know what codes do I need to use just so I can use the custom textures for each character?
I echo this question. I'm about to try it by running the game config for B+ on the Ocarina Code Manager along with Phantom Wing's File Replacement v2.1
I hope it works. I love the green Lucario texture, but I really want to fight Kefka.
EDIT:
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU DIDN'T WORK
EDIT2:
I have working textures thanks to Falco400. However, B+ refuses to work. Should I redownload it or something? I haven't deleted any of the files, and I'm wondering if any of B+'s text files should be done through Code Manager...
I leave for 3 weeks in two days, and I want to have B+ waiting for me when I get back...

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
This sounds really nice, I dont want to bother saying anything about changes or become apart of this until a final product. Though this seems to be a very good step in the right direction.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
I echo this question. I'm about to try it by running the game config for B+ on the Ocarina Code Manager along with Phantom Wing's File Replacement v2.1
I hope it works. I love the green Lucario texture, but I really want to fight Kefka.
EDIT:
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU DIDN'T WORK
EDIT2:
I have working textures thanks to Falco400. However, B+ refuses to work. Should I redownload it or something? I haven't deleted any of the files, and I'm wondering if any of B+'s text files should be done through Code Manager...
I leave for 3 weeks in two days, and I want to have B+ waiting for me when I get back...
idk what ur saying exactly, but you should check if you have GeckoOS version 1.9
and make sure ur pcs files(for textures) are i teh right places

Wander

Smash Journeyman
You might have too many lines or something. Just download the GCT from the various threads that contain it, put it in its proper place(s), and it should work.

Karl

Smash Rookie
I have a glitch, and I have no idea how it happened. It might have something to do with my B+ codeset coming from the text file below here.
I was screwing around on Classic, and when I was in a battle with Pit, while on the lower level, I grabbed him with Fox. He then proceeded to fly back and forth, still in the grab animation, until he flew offscreen and died.

AtmaIllumina

Smash Apprentice
Hey all! I thank the supporting team and the people who made this, as well as the people who elped explain this to us noobs. I still have a question( Even though I already got brawl plus working). I know that I shouldn't be asking for much, since brawl+ is already fast and lovely. But I would like an already code list that includes the competitive brawl+ (not basic) and includes the wavedashing in it. cause I have brawl+ without the wavedashing and I really don't wanna mess around with the codemanager, since it'll erase my already existing code list. So please, can someone give me such a codelist? The codes essential for competitive brawl and includes wavedashing? Thanks in advance mates.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Apparently, you removed Stale-Move Negation for Brawl+ which is something I don't fully understand. Every smash game has had SMN and now you've tooken it out. Why? Is it because it creates charcter imbalance or it has annoying properties? Personally, I think having SMN would be good as you have to mix up your moves a bit more, but that's my opinion.

Revven

FrankerZ
Apparently, you removed Stale-Move Negation for Brawl+ which is something I don't fully understand. Every smash game has had SMN and now you've tooken it out. Why? Is it because it creates charcter imbalance or it has annoying properties? Personally, I think having SMN would be good as you have to mix up your moves a bit more, but that's my opinion.
It creates Utilt gayness and limits character potential (see: Sonic, Sheik, Mario, and anyone with hard to land KO moves or KO moves that are used to deal damage but when you do that you then can't KO with said move). Spamming is not a problem even with stale moves gone as if you're good enough, you can get around the spam. Stale moves was a terrible way to try and make someone use other moves. A good player will use the entire move set (or what's good) instead of the game forcing them to use bad moves in order to rack up the power of the other moves.

Basically, it was a terrible mechanic, Melee had it right but, unfortunately we can't do it Melee's way because Sakurai coded it so that damage is proportional to knockback growth. So as damage would decrease, so would KBG, so trying to make it damage stale only would just give us stale moves back... or rather, would be the exact same thing as there is no real way to isolate the two from each other.

I hope that answers your question.

jalued

Smash Lord
Most B+ tournaments have Warioware as a Counterpick, actually @.@

Here's the ruleset that the upcoming NC B+ tournament is using (This Weekend! Woo!)

Brawl+ Rules

See Melee rules for everything not specified here.

* Items off
* 4 stock, 7 minute timer
* For doubles, team attack on, life stealing allowed

Neutrals: (5 stages)

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Luigi's Mansion (no mansion)
* Smashville
* Pokemon Stadium 2 (frozen)

Counterpicks: (19 stages)

* Castle Siege
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Halberd
* Lylat Cruise
* Norfair
* Pictochat
* Green Greens
* Pirate Ship
* Skyworld
* Warioware
* Brinstar
* Corneria
* Green Greens
* Jungle Japes
* Pokemon Stadium
* Rainbow Cruise
* Yoshi's Island
* Wi-Fi Waiting Room (New Pork City)

I'm not sure Wi-Fi Waiting Room, Final Destination, AND Luigi's Mansion should all be legal stages in the first place so putting the Waiting Room in Counterpick is a pretty good idea, but honestly FD should just be banned and Wifi Waiting Room set to random in its place.

The WBR really needs to work on an actual ruleset if they're not already and release a good one soon. Even if Brawl+ hasn't gone gold yet, people are still hosting tournaments for it. A recommended rule set is needed at THIS POINT in the game's development.

Edit: Skyworld? Corneria? Pirate Ship? o.O I need to talk to him about this...

im sorry but luigis mansion should never be a neutral stage... lucario is GOD there lol. its completely unfair, casue it means that falco, lucario, snake etc have alot of very good neutral stages :( but anyway lol, not the place i dont think

Mite000

Smash Rookie
Hey. I know that Brawl Plus is primarily a tournament driven code set, but I was wondering if a separate code set could be made for those of us who want to keep the stages the way they were, or at least a way to enable and disable them? Personally I adore Brawl Plus and would never play without it now, but that doesn't mean I don't want to play on New Pork City for example. Thanks.

Top Bottom