• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Faq

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Almas, I have a question. Assuming the "alt costume gives an alt character" idea is carried out, what happens to team matches?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Heres a REAL character suggestion:

Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star. I mean we're not talking bout' just nintendo characters here right?
THAT would be ridiculously badass and awesome. He will instantly be my main.

Guts from berserk anybody?
Goku?
Ippo Makunouchi? (Ippo > Little Mac btw)
Come on. The possibilities are endless.

Revven

FrankerZ
Almas, I have a question. Assuming the "alt costume gives an alt character" idea is carried out, what happens to team matches?
They're not going to be apart of the official set, just characters for fun.

Of course, I am assuming Almas would write up some kind of conditional where if teams was on, those characters would not be activated. Then raises the question, "But what if I want to play Roy in teams?" Well, honestly, I do not know what would happen there.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord

Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star. I mean we're not talking bout' just nintendo characters here right?

Goku?
This man wins for recognizing the greatness of Ippo.

cman

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to detach the costume from the team?

Like for example... Make the 'new' character a non teams color, like black. Here is the part that might not be possible... but anyway, then allow the team color to be selected independently from the costume.

For example, make shadow sonic's black costume color, then allow the black costume to be selected while on the red team.

This would bring up a problem if people from both teams wanted to play shadow... So maybe assign the alt character to two costumes for every character?

Almas

Smash Lord
I have plans.

Clones would never be part of a B+ery set whilst they did not have their own slot. When added to sets, they would replace costumes which do not have a team assigned to them.

To be honest, the clone code is pretty trivial. It's just that I need to get time to write a silly search algorithm, which I'm not looking forward to despite discussing the technical details with Paprika. Luckily I have this next week off school, so I can get it done then. But I have exams soon, too, so that's not good.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
In short, Wolf has no real weaknesses in Brawl+. You may recall that in original Brawl, he was one of the few characters who could actually combo because his moves had an above average hitstun which would allow you to hit your enemy multiple times before they could do anything. Now that in Brawl+ his hitstun has been increased significantly, he can combo you up to ridiculous percentages without any chance of retaliation.
Wolf has very real weaknesses. Like being ***** by most character's grab games, being heavy sucks because you'll end up getting combo'd all the times, and once you're offstage you don't get very many options or time before you're killed.

In short, Wolf is fine. Not too strong, not too weak.

I have a few character suggestions:

-A solo, more powerful Ice Climber.

-Using Sonic's model: Shadow as a slower, stronger Sonic.

-Using Ike's model: Roy as a faster, weaker Ike.

-Using Charizard's model: Ridley as a lighter, faster charizard.

-Using Ness' model: Ninten with weaker, but mare ranged PK attacks.

-Using Samus' model: Make Dark Samus, with a few move alterations.
1) The screw attack is a multi hitting move.
2) Missiles are all fired faster and do less damage.
3) Bombs are more powerful and explode when they are touched by another character.
4) Instead of the charging her shots, Samus fires a single smaller, faster, and more powerful ball.
1) No. That's just weird.
2) I like it, but Shadow was actually...faster than sonic...
3) No. They're going to use Marth. It would be better that way.
4) It wouldn't...really...be like Ridley.
5) Eh...fanservice...
6) Ehhh....

>_> Lets not suggest any more characters guys.

Then you use costumes like white or black Marth.

Goku?
Endless? Sure. Should we start throwing ideas at the wall yet? No. Lets wait for Roy to be finished successfully.

They're not going to be apart of the official set, just characters for fun.
=\ Aw, that's no fun. We both know it'll end up being official after enough racket >_>.

Luckily I have this next week off school, so I can get it done then. But I have exams soon, too, so that's not good.
Woo! Sounds good.

Not sure where to post this... so I'll do it here!

If you're in SoCal and interested in attending a + tourney on June, let me know here!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7438411#post7438411
Wrong place.
-DD

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Having team battle on doesn't actually affect the gameplay at all, it's basically an organizational thing. So if you really wanted to play team battles as Roy, you could just do a free-for-all with similar colours, and only go for the other team. The only problem would be two Roys....

cman

Smash Ace
Having team battle on doesn't actually affect the gameplay at all, it's basically an organizational thing. So if you really wanted to play team battles as Roy, you could just do a free-for-all with similar colours, and only go for the other team. The only problem would be two Roys....
Stock sharing wouldn't be possible

kirbyeatsyou

Smash Rookie
I'm running Wii 4.0 and I still have the Homebrew Channel and Gecko 1.9 up
when I go to Gecko and hit Launch games, when it says applying codes it freezes (or at least I think it freezes). Is it supposed to take 20 minutes?

I turned it off in the middle of it and it said the Brawl files were corrupted. It's working now, but I'm not taking any chances. Help please?

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I'm running Wii 4.0 and I still have the Homebrew Channel and Gecko 1.9 up
when I go to Gecko and hit Launch games, when it says applying codes it freezes (or at least I think it freezes). Is it supposed to take 20 minutes?

I turned it off in the middle of it and it said the Brawl files were corrupted. It's working now, but I'm not taking any chances. Help please?
You need gameconfgr.txt, found on the Nightly Builds Site.

Sparke

Smash Rookie
Whats this i hear about you cant play online or something will happen gettin gyou banned from the wifi network alltogether with nintendo

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If you bothered reading the first post, you'd know.

You should be safe if you play with friends.

NinjaWizo

Smash Rookie
I have Wii 4.0 and all the Brawl+ stuff down, but i still cant play it.
Does anyone know why?
It just freezes when it tries applying codes.

Rain the Link Main

Smash Cadet
You don't have to "convert." You're always able to switch between Brawl and Brawl+.
True as it is, a lot of people do NOT like to play both games. Especially because of the transition and getting used to the opposite game. I for one HAVE converted.

Oh by the way: Hi, I'm Rain, the new Brawl+ player! Nice to meet you all!

x Mackadotious

Smash Rookie
I tried Brawl + just recently and i never want to go back to regular brawl ever again. When i first played i told my friend that this is what i wanted it to be like when i first played. Good ****ing job, seriously. Now i wanna play both Melee and Brawl.

Cytrs

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to the dev team and the organizers and people who helped test Brawl+, its awesome. to the extreme max.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I love it when the FAQ becomes this "we love the hackers" thread ^_^

Just to get back on topic, which is asking questions: why are you so awesome? :)

edit: Sry, didn't mean to say just "the hackers", everyone working on this is doing a great job! :D

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Not to mention the fact that we'll likely be seeing Roy back soon in the main cast. If not for tournament play, we'll have him for fun.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
In the original post, you guys mention that there has already been Brawl+ tournaments. Are these official tournaments or go-to-some-guy's-house tournaments? Where can you find out when the next tournament will be? Can any of you post any links to where I can find this stuff out?

jenk

Smash Rookie
I just switched over to the new gecko and codeset but when i run Brawl+ it changes my screen resolution and i have bad framerate drops whats going on? i use a component cable and PAL if it helps

Almas

Smash Lord
Moved over Jenk's issues. The Brawlplusery thread is not for troubleshooting.

You may benefit from navigating the menus of GeckoOS and playing with the options like "Force PAL60". Screen Resolution can be changed in-game.

Unknown, there is a Tournament Listings Board on Smashboards - it is fairly trivial to find which tournies are Brawl+. For more local things, of course, you can use your regional area.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Hey, just wanted to say good job.
We got Brawl+ working easily with the set up given here. Aka the "How do I setup Brawl+?" section.
Quick and painless.
-t2

j3ly

Smash Champion
sorry if this is irrelevant in every way (ever chance i spelt that wrong) but i've only read the first 2 pages and this has really annoyed me - read Peachys comments, i wonder how she thinks she comes across, knowledgable and good at arguing.. or an argumentitive person with a warped view on.. well everything.

on topic yo - this looks sweet!! i still havn't played out melee to the end of its life yet, so theres no chance ill be playing brawl+ anytime soon - but its nice to know i could get good a a tournament legal and modern smash game. nothing will beat melee but id like to be the best mario in UK at some form of brawl.
i am by no means best mario in uk at melee lol, just realised i may have insinuated that.

either way good luck guys! cant wait for this project to really lift off, if it attracts the melee pros like clod and suh word will spread fast!!

GL! :D

Top Bottom