• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: e_Lounge Game Table, NOV 13th

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Venue Info:

The Game Table
167 East Jericho Turnpike
Mineola, NY 11501

This will be a Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament only.
Metaknight is BANNED at this tournament

This tournament brought to you by e_Lounge.
Tournament hosts: Eli, Will, Alex Strife (as of now)

Registration begins @ 11:00 am
Tournament begins @ 12:00 pm, starting with Doubles.

Prices:

Singles Entry fee: $10
Doubles Entry fee: $10 per team ($5 per teammate)

Venue fee: $10
The Venue fee can be reduced in two ways.
--- If you bring a Wii with a Brawl disc, or a TV, or both, you will receive $2 back from your Venue fee.
--- If you advertise a link to my website http://www.eLoungeHQ.net, or content related to e_Lounge on Facebook as a status message, you will receive $3 back. :D :D :D (This has to be done before the tournament and stay up until you leave. :p) .... get @ my advertising skillz.

The Venue fee discounts come into effect about half-way through the tournament or when the tournament is over. You will have to pay full Venue fee when you first arrive.

Team attack is ON.
Life stealing is allowed.
Items are OFF.

Rules

GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
EVERYONE MUST READ THESE!
• NO cursing. I know this is hard, but please keep any kind of swearing out of your conversation. This is the stores rules, so please respect them.
• B.Y.O.C. = BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! The store will not provide a controller for you nor will we.
• We (the venue, and T.O.'s in charge) are NOT responsible for anything stolen or any items left behind. If you bring a Wii for us to use, you better keep an eye on it. When you bring your controller, keep it at your side at all costs. We can not be your eyes and ears, you must be responsible for your own stuff. Last Game Table event, somebody's bag got stolen. Keep an eye on your stuff.
BRAWL RULESET
• 3 stock
• 8 minute time limit
• Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
• Double Elimination
• 50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. ) Team ledge grab is 100
Doubles:

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpick of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Pictochat

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

THERE IS NO CP RANDOM RULE YOU MUST CHOOSE A STAGE.

Pause Rule : If you pause during a match you lose a stock. The only exception is to call a TO over for a ruling or an issue. It is at the TOs discretion to decide if the issue is worth pausing over.

• Excessive "Stalling"tactics are banned.
• Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be based on Power Rankings with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done the same way.

----------------------------------

Additional Notes:

# Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
# Scrooging: If you fly under the stage, you must land on the stage in order to repeat flying under the stage again. The moving platform, or any other platform that is distant from the stage (IE: Smashvilles Moving platform) does not count as landing on the stage. First offense is a loss of stock, 2nd offense is a loss of match, 3rd offense is a loss of set.
# All Infinites are banned excluding Ice climbers Chain Grabs. Wall infinites are NOT banned.
----DDD SMALL STEP CHAINGRABS ARE BANNED. If you do it, you forfeit the round.----
# All Excessive "Stall" tactics are banned.
# Controller Mods are banned
# If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
# Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
# If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
# If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.

***NEW RULE:
Cheese DQ rule: If there is a dispute between 2 or more players concerning a rule and 1 of those players is Cheese, Cheese loses the argument and is DQed from the tournament.

mast xx pkmn

Smash Cadet
seems interesting. I might go depending if i want to waste 20$ and lose 2 rounds in a row because i suck

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
who do you need a 50 LGL for if MK is banned? Pit?

I might try to make this though.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
ULTIMATE HYPE MODE

Also lol Cheese rule.

If possible, Eli, could you make a tournament page on AiB so I don't forget about it?

And one more thing. I doubt I'll really need to use the ledge 50 times in a game, but could you take off that rule? The only reason it ever came into existence was Metaknight and he's banned at this one anyway...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
rofl I was interested in having something to do this weekend but then I saw a character that can only win MLGs sometimes got banned

how sad

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I lol'd at the Cheese rule. Can't make it, however. Hope it goes well.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
If you're not ACTUALLY out to **** me, I will probably come. :)

Teamsies anyone?

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
i dont mind bringing my wii.. how do u feel about brawl hacks (textures for characters and stages, and custom music, official rules automatically set). all team color textures have been maintained. and ppl like sonic and poke trainer have benefited from the team colors i added.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I guess i have to use Marth to win.

If i lose this will not count as a full win.

****ing douchers.

Zucco

Smash Master
so venue is 10, Doubles is 5, and MK is banned.

I dont even use mk and I hate this tourney right now lol.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
If you're gonna complain so much that MK is banned, don't show up...?

Anyways, this will be fun. :D
Who is complaining?

Round *******.

And im sure it will be fun since like no one is showing up.

Liking you less and less everyday now bro =/

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
If you're not ACTUALLY out to **** me, I will probably come. :)

Teamsies anyone?
Yo Cheese I wanna commend you on your level of maturity. For real. And yea it was obviously put there to be funny.

Edit: And the reason I haven't answered some of the tournament questions yet is because I need time to mentally prepare myself for the bull**** game that is Brawl.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
It looks like there is 0 activity going on in PA MD or VA

This is the closest event, but MK is banned, so uh, screw that

Time to find someone to host in MD/VA with MK legal

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
It looks like there is 0 activity going on in PA MD or VA

This is the closest event, but MK is banned, so uh, screw that

Time to find someone to host in MD/VA with MK legal
Screw you then, *****! Lol we're not hating on any of your tournaments =/ This is merely an experimental tournament to see how many more people we can attract by temporarily banning MK, which nobody has the balls to do anymore nowadays.

I know the real reason you guys are afraid to come, no... no wait.... it can't be because of me, my character is mad free =)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
MK banned events have been experimented with in NY/NJ

they're very unpopular, even with people that don't main MK

Zucco goes straight Lucario and hates them, for instance

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
MK banned events have been experimented with in NJ

they're very unpopular, even with people that don't main MK

Zucco goes straight Lucario and hates them, for instance
Fixed. These have not occurred to my knowledge in NY at all. We might suffer NJ attendance, but DNA is going on that day anyway in New England. We're looking for NYC/LI attendance, since our tournament scene has been pretty dead lately. We're looking to revive it.

If you guys aren't coming then no need to complain, right? ^_^

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
youre actually both wrong. to my knowledge, there hasnt been a mk banned event in either state.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Revive NYC/LI scene = keep NJ from attending?

Wtf?

rofl

I'm used to you being smart, Will, not about as smart as a wet bag filled with cat poop

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Revive NYC/LI scene = keep NJ from attending?

Wtf?

rofl

I'm used to you being smart, Will, not about as smart as a wet bag filled with cat poop
Sigh, it's rare in our region actually Lucas. It has not been done at all or in a very long time, as Kelvin says. I'm helping host the event to support e_lounge, and to revive the Long Island scene. To be honest? A lot of Long Island players are intimidated by other MK dominated regions, this isn't a huge regional/national event where we expect to attract everyone =x Also, we plan on attracting a lot of newer people who are fans of e_lounge and might not yet be regular competitive players. We're trying to attract a new crowd and build on that.

Those who are interested in attending will come and those who are not, will not. Simple as that. =P

And I am smart. We're just trying something different. It's not the norm, okay we get that. But we want all the stragglers who avoid tournaments because they are afraid/discouraged by MK/(NJ MK's LOL). There are a lot more of them than you realize, and I would like to help prove that.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
ULTIMATE HYPE MODE

Also lol Cheese rule.

If possible, Eli, could you make a tournament page on AiB so I don't forget about it?

And one more thing. I doubt I'll really need to use the ledge 50 times in a game, but could you take off that rule? The only reason it ever came into existence was Metaknight and he's banned at this one anyway...
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10976
^All is Brawl link is now up

Ledge grab rule stays. This way, you don't use it, don't worry about it. If somebody needs to they can't.... win win.

PS: DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA!!!!!!!!

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
i dont mind bringing my wii.. how do u feel about brawl hacks (textures for characters and stages, and custom music, official rules automatically set). all team color textures have been maintained. and ppl like sonic and poke trainer have benefited from the team colors i added.
Yea it should be fine. But if we see it the day of the tournament and we decide against it, it won't be used.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'll be at DNA11 most likely, I don't really approve of MK banned tourneys, have fun though guys.
REVIVAL OF NYC/LI SCENE RIGHT HERE ROFL

Sigh, it's rare in our region actually Lucas. It has not been done at all or in a very long time, as Kelvin says. I'm helping host the event to support e_lounge, and to revive the Long Island scene. To be honest? A lot of Long Island players are intimidated by other MK dominated regions, this isn't a huge regional/national event where we expect to attract everyone =x Also, we plan on attracting a lot of newer people who are fans of e_lounge and might not yet be regular competitive players. We're trying to attract a new crowd and build on that.

Those who are interested in attending will come and those who are not, will not. Simple as that. =P

And I am smart. We're just trying something different. It's not the norm, okay we get that. But we want all the stragglers who avoid tournaments because they are afraid/discouraged by MK/(NJ MK's LOL). There are a lot more of them than you realize, and I would like to help prove that.
have fun getting 20 people and having half of LI go to something else and no NJ at this

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
REVIVAL OF NYC/LI SCENE RIGHT HERE ROFL

have fun getting 20 people and having half of LI go to something else and no NJ at this
Vinnie is one person, and he likes traveling out of state and has the money to do so since he has been placing well recently, lol. It's justified that he is going to NE anyway, since they will all get ***** =)

LI cannot travel to other events, not sure if you have ever seen any of them at like anything other than NY events xD (save VC8 since those are always huge)

Keep hatin' ma d00. We'll show you.

Top Bottom