• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl DX V.1.0.7

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Hmm... it has been quiet here for some days now. I love that you now have 3 newcomers; Louie, Dark Meta Knight and Dr. Mario! It's like somebody mentioned above here: This could turn into something big! And you already have 27 likes on your FB page! I'm so looking forward to the next version update!

But I have a li'll question: Um, are you adding more "unique" characters? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I LOVE that you have these 3 new ones (especially Dr. Mario! :D), but are you also adding brand new characters? I know that isn't easy since there aren't many completely new character PSAs that are perfect and bug-free, but there are some. The best one I can think about now is Cloud. Just wondering, haha :) Keep up the amazing work, and hoping for the version release soon! :)

P.S: Loving the new logo!

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well atm i cant say whether there will be completely new character but i will say im trying ensure there is plenty of variety. And wether or not this gets big is if the community is exposed to and accepts this mod as something big. I have and still do believe that if PM can achieve success so can DX if the roght people see it, try it, and enjoy it. Many say brawl is "dying", and if that does turn out to be true i would hope that this could provide a great alternative in a similar vein to how people play PM as an alternative to melee. Although this doesnt mean DX is identical to brawl, rather its going to feel like a much more fluid successor almost like a bridge in gameplay between brawl and smash 4(hopefully).

Although the release of the update is looming ever closer with each day. I do know when its coming but i wont share that with you all just yet.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Nice pal! Well, I have faith in this project. And it's good to hear that you have a release date ready! :)

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well as long as you keep channeling hype through the FB page i'm sure people will start to get interested. Footage will be up very soon tbh.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Oh, another question that came to my mind: The announcer calls for Doctor and Dark MK. Are you like sentence mixing different announcer calls to make them? (The one for Louie is from Luigi, I think? It sounds perfect, btw!)

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Oh, another question that came to my mind: The announcer calls for Doctor and Dark MK. Are you like sentence mixing different announcer calls to make them? (The one for Louie is from Luigi, I think? It sounds perfect, btw!)
Yup, it's Luigi's, but cut off before "gee".

Well as long as you keep channeling hype through the FB page i'm sure people will start to get interested. Footage will be up very soon tbh.
No problem! If you have any updates (photos, release dates, videos, etc.) I'll gladly put them up.
Also, could I get a render of Dr. Mario, Roy and Mewtwo using the Brawl DX background?

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well i atm want to reserve using the DX background for characters who are making their smash debuts in this game, as mewtwo, roy and doctor mario have already appeared in PM. though i might try to make once for them down the road, i'm still leaving that option open. And also for the announcer clips yea i basically an audio clipping announcer sounds in order to make them sound as close to as possible to the characters name. For louie i actually just cut out the the middle of the luigi announcer sound clip to get a much more natural sound instead of just cutting the ending gee sound all together. For doc and DmK those guys required much more voice clipping.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Hey I'm just curious about one thing, you know how Project M has everyone use those unused grunts and such when they get hit by strong attacks like in melee? can you do that for this mod? Here's the extract from Smash wiki's PM page about it if you don't know what i'm talking about:

Characters now grunt instantly when hit by a strong attack, as in Melee and 64, while in Brawl they did a second afterwards. There are also medium-damage and high-damage groans as well, with most characters using unused voice samples from the Sound Test. Characters now also use voice samples for sidesteps and air dodges, and variable voices for smash attacks.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Actually that's something I've already been working on and is planned to be included with the next release. Although the voice clips for sidesteps and air dodges will remain like in vbrawl.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
that DmK announcer call sounds really, although i already had made one i might just use that one instead, although would it be possible to speed up the metaknight portion a bit.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad a lot of people are enjoying this game. I've been helping KC.24 test this game out for the past few months and it's been a lot of fun. We even had a tournament for it with some moderate success. On that note, are there any people from the NE area who would be interested in entering a tournament for this? I may be looking into running another tournament next month if I can get enough people interested.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Nice to see Tourneys are popping up, this replacing Brawl (personally) would make me very sad but I guess Brawl lives on in its code and purpose. I am looking forward to it and while D3's chain grab will be missed ): I am looking forward to playing this

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
More updates are on the way soon. We are approaching the final few phases for ironing out changes. Though who knows what surprises i may throw in that i haven't mentioned.

EDIT:
also for those who are interested in becoming beta testers just PM me and ill work something out with getting a link to what currently stable for testing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hooray, more stuff!
maybe

Last edited by a moderator:

ChaoticBlitz

Smash Rookie
I've downloaded the current build and i gotta say, it's really impressive, i think im main-ing as Louie, his attacks just flow perfectly with my agressive playstyle :3

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
glad to know you like louie, he's seen some adjustments in the new build coming up that hopefully make his playstyle feel a bit more aggressive and wacky.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
I would like to beta test, but I've got my hands full right now, being the Reality 64 Back Roomer, and making a game on top of it. Hope this mod goes well, just like the other mods.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
no problem, thanks for the support though and i wish you guys working on reality 64 the of luck as i know many are interested in your project. Now if only i could say the same for DX. but hopefully it will get there.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I've played your mod when it was at Massquerade a while back. Think I might have met you there too. Really like how smooth the mod is for comboing and character readjustments. The least I can see me using it for is exploring different combos and tricks before applying them to vanilla Brawl by the most accurate measure. Maybe even to play with friends for a more aggressive session of the Brawl engine. I can't see it being at the point where it's become a competitive Brawl surrogate, but hear its been getting more attention with streams, side events, etc.

Although I have no knowledge of how modding works, I could definitely beta test for the other requirements you've listed. Preferably, I'd like to know what you recommend for the best method of download for a 4GB SD Card before I get started.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well compared to when you last played it's changed quite a bit. Although if your interested in becoming a beta tester just PM me the installation is simple and done the same way it's done in order to play PM. Though i would need to provide you with the 4GB version thats compatible with SDHC's unless you have something smaller like a 2 GB.

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
I must say I really really love this so far, and I've only been play a couple of hours. DX really feels like a nice equal ground between Melee and Brawl.
And just as a Ness main I must ask, any plans to implement djc?

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
the issue with DJC is it's something thats difficult to replicate precisely, and i'd rather not try to replicate it and it feel wonky for those who want it. But i have done things like how PKflash will continue and still blowup once it touches a floor and how he can reuse up-b as long as he doesn't hit himself.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yes, my 4GB card is still in the packaging and it is an SDHC. I'll send you a PM ASAP. Can't wait to see how much your mod has changed and how I can help it improve.

Do you need people to test in specific areas of focus at all?

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Today i bring new things to unveil!

You'll notice sonic and luigi have different portraits now i tried my best to make sure they look faithful to their original poses from which they were drawn from but really only those who are die hard fans will know where i pulled these poses from.

but i also bring more new goodies for all of you....

Luigi has been given a new outfit! now he's managed to get his very own PHD and to celebrate doctor mario decided to buy him his own coat.

but thats not all..

As many have requested and asked whether or not these were coming i can finally confirm that they are, additional outfits that extend beyond brawl original costume are being worked into the game, though i can't say that everyone will receive new costume, but for the most part the costumes options save for a few are similar to PMs selection. Also for those wondering both sonic and lucario's team colors have been changed to allow for better distinction between them during team battles.

there's still more to show and reveal and still even more to explain that hasn't been already but rest assured the full release isn't far away.

although seeing as the amount of content far exceeds the amount of the initial release, it's hard to call this version 1.1 still.. |:\

Last edited:

rorycosgrove

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rorycosgrove
I played this on a friends SD card and enjoyed it very much. But I use an SDHC (16GB) and it's not working for me. I've downloaded the SDHC version and I'm loading it correctly, and I run all of my Brawl hacks off this card with the SDHC extension code, but this always loads with a faulty CSS with multiple random slots, or just freezes altogether. Anyone else having this problem?

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Make sure your booting it up through the PM launcher. If your getting multiple random slots on the CSS it means the brawl EX clone engine didn't bootup when you started which will cause the new characters not to showup. Also most of the discussion and issues regarding brawl DX 1.5 i'll be happy to answer in the Brawl DX 1.5 thread.

rorycosgrove

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rorycosgrove
Make sure your booting it up through the PM launcher. If your getting multiple random slots on the CSS it means the brawl EX clone engine didn't bootup when you started which will cause the new characters not to showup. Also most of the discussion and issues regarding brawl DX 1.5 i'll be happy to answer in the Brawl DX 1.5 thread.
I am using the PM launcher, and I've successfully loaded 3 different clone engine packs on the same SD card

Top Bottom