• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl DX V.1.0.7

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
So are there any brand new stages, or just aesthetic and minorly changed stages?

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187

Feels nice when you boot up and see a clear and cohesive title screen that doesn't look like it had it's head placed onto someone elses body.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
We like it dood, we have also been messing around with adding characters over characters

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
If i had to say how much content this update contains in terms of things like characters stages and balance adjustments. i would say it would be equal to the jump in content from PM 2.6b to 3.0.

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
Nice! I'm really looking foward to this mod! I'm trying to spread the word about this to anyone I come across that hasn't heard about this :p

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i appreciate the help with spreading awareness. hopefully footage can get uploaded soon. Theres so many new things that it's very difficult to manage describing it in text format alone.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
you should look into the Dolphin Emulator for getting footage man, its faster

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
If i had to say how much content this update contains in terms of things like characters stages and balance adjustments. i would say it would be equal to the jump in content from PM 2.6b to 3.0.
Whoa, that's sick. We may get more characters than I thought. Stages seems like you already revealed more than PM changed though...

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
To celebrate the release of Kirby Triple Deluxe i'm happy to reveal this new character joining the DX roster.

Dark Meta Knight

Dark Meta Knight may look similar to Meta Knight at first is actually vastly different in a number of way.

He isn't just a carbon copy and reskin of MK. he also has some revamped moves, such as his Dair and his altered side B which now is called Dark Lunge. Dark Meta Knight lunges forward slashing through his opponent with his dark Galaxia sword. This move compared to MK's drill rush doesn't have much of an adjustable angle, but does move faster and hits much harder it also gives dark meta knight a small boost when used from a run.

His side tilt has also been changed he not uses his rapid sword trowing technique and finishes with backflip slash and his upsmash he leaps up and thrusts his sword up. Also unlike MK he is very light but also very heavy. i would say he has the most melee like playstyle where he is very aggressive but easily juggled. His shuttle loop also unlike MK's doesn't travel as high and is more like a figure 9 in that he lunges straight upward more than in an arc but it is much stronger than MK's. His moves are variations of both his vbrawl and PM movesets

I even gave him his own actual "dark" MK alternate costume for those who want to play as him as the mysterious ??? skin as he was seen before being revealed by the real MK. I hope you all will give him a try, a strong character with high air mobility but fragile if used improperly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To celebrate the release of Kirby Triple Deluxe i'm happy to reveal this new character joining the DX roster.

Dark Meta Knight

Dark Meta Knight may look similar to Meta Knight at first is actually vastly different in a number of way.

He isn't just a carbon copy and reskin of MK. he also has some revamped moves, such as his Dair and his altered side B which now is called Dark Lunge. Dark Meta Knight lunges forward slashing through his opponent with his dark Galaxia sword. This move compared to MK's drill rush doesn't have much of an adjustable angle, but does move faster and hits much harder it also gives dark meta knight a small boost when used from a run.

His side tilt has also been changed he not uses his rapid sword trowing technique and finishes with backflip slash and his upsmash he leaps up and thrusts his sword up. Also unlike MK he is very light but also very heavy. i would say he has the most melee like playstyle where he is very aggressive but easily juggled. His shuttle loop also unlike MK's doesn't travel as high and is more like a figure 9 in that he lunges straight upward more than in an arc but it is much stronger than MK's. His moves are variations of both his vbrawl and PM movesets

I even gave him his own actual "dark" MK alternate costume for those who want to play as him as the mysterious ??? skin as he was seen before being revealed by the real MK. I hope you all will give him a try, a strong character with high air mobility but fragile if used improperly.
CALLED IT!

He looks interesting to play as, and I'm so happy he has the dive-stab thing. That is my favorite part of P:M Meta Knight.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
He definitely has a distnct playstyle, his main reasons for existing in DX is largely due to the fact that many enjoyed being able to play that aggressive style as MK and while that possible to a degree with DX MK, he's more about pressure and working off reading than just "i have frame advantage and safe options for nearly anything on hit" like before. DmK on the other hand is far more in your face and straightup aggressive pressure and combo's Granted both can combo prety well just MK has to work a bit harder for KO's now while DmK while can get kills easier can be killed pretty easily both in part to his falling speed being arguably the fastest and his weight being pretty light. If i had to some up both i'd say Dmk hits hard and dies fast(high risk, high reward) and MK hits kind of hard but is more durable(more balanced in offense and defense)

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I really like Dark Meta. gonna learn him but I do have at least 2 requests.

Just for the hype, can you add Ganon's Sparta from Project M and Lucario's Swerve (Air Side-B)? Those moves are just fun

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well the thing is i'm trying to ensure all the brawl characters retain their brawl movesets but make sure to add interesting and fun properties and create unique combo opportunities with them. It's also for this reason that Dark Meta Knight exists to allow me to utilize some of the amazing work that's out their and re-purpose it to better fit for another character who's playstyle can benefit from it. Although lucario and ganon both are pretty scary in DX with lucarios up -b able to do damae now on top of the fact you could jump cancel it like pikachu's quick attack before makes his up-b far more usable as both a movement and approach option. Ganondorf is just able to do stuff now thanks to the fixed Fair issue that resulted in always having landing lag and the fact that he and CF get their jumps back from down b like in melee and that he can jump cancel out of Down B on the ground.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I hear ya, I just like those moves. I like that you are trying to keep it as close to Brawl as possible, this was just a request in case this was super open but I knew it wasn't. I will just keep playing PM, Brawl and DX all together

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Suuure is quiet around here........ i wonder when Theres going tO be another update? Must be pretty boring for soMe of you. I would imagine that yOu guys Right about now aRe wOndering What I've been doing huh?

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
LOL, nice one sir, can't wait to see when the update comes ;)

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Some of you may have already figured it out but heres this guys formal unveiling.

Doctor Mario
-Unlike in his Project M appearance this doctor stand alone as his own character slot allowing for him to stand out over his plumber in overalls counterpart

Doctor mario plays just like how you'd expect, hits harder but a tad bit slower than mario. His signature Fair is also here with the sweet-spot being adjusted to let the move feel more rewarding to land without being too over powering compared to his overall move set. Also small touches have been added to his other moves such as Bair and Utilt sweet-spots producing electric like effects.

Now doctors mario's Forward Smash when titled downward can stun opponents similar to ZSS's down smash, although the it doesn't hit as hard as his upward tilted or normal Forward smash it features the least amount of cool-down with the upward angle being the strongest hitting that has the longest cool-down.

Doctor mario's down special has also remained like it was in melee. The Dr. Tornado, it's also received a slight buff in it's use as a recovery option being able to rise slightly although not as high as luigi's.

The biggest change to Doctor Mario is his new down air. which has become the ground pound. Spin in the air and prepare to slam into the opponent the fall is a meteor smash so time carefully. The move also gets stronger and falls faster the long you fall.

When you slam into the ground it produces a hit-box that knocks opponents up allowing for followups.

Just as Dark Meta Knight is to Meta Knight, Doctor Mario is to Mario. Both with unique traits that set their play-styles apart. Where luigi is more vertically inclined and mario more in the middle doctor mario is more horizontal movement based sporting slightly slower but much tighter air control than mario. also to note is that unlike mario doctor mario cannot wall jump out of his up special.

There is still a lot more to been shown regarding the rest of the cast so please look forward to future updates.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Nice Dood, I am impressed with the work. I see that some clones are being implemented

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I get you, I am surprised at the detail man.

However, I do think this game can make it with the league of PM but I have been thinking that it will cost something to do so

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Hopefully i can get to that level of interest. But it will take large levels of exposure and user interaction. Though the FB is definitly a start though i'll let you guys keep the FB up to date and also is anyone wants to make a twitter account for DX you can if you want. I actually don't have a FB, Twiiter or instagram (im one of those people who didn't get into it). But i'm doing my best to make sure the SWF page stays up to date once the newest version is out. Although on the FB page i would suggest linking to the download page as well so people can just download it from there if they want.

I greatly appreciate the assistance in getting peoples attention, hopefully all my efforts pay off and people really latch on to this mod. would be great to see DX tournaments popup like whats going on with PM.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
You are doing a great job man, and people will support this if they love brawl

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Using the balanced Peach's castle I see...
Also yeah I'll put the download link on FB.

Last edited:
Top Bottom