• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl DX V.1.0.7

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Size wise the new FD is bigger than brawl's but smaller than melee's it's kind of inbetween. And don't worry there are more screens coming. I'm trying my best to include as much new things as possible that would feel they would fit in with smash. I'm hoping that when i release this version it can satisfy a lot of people. I'm also trying to make the character roster satisfying for everyone in someway, although i can't guarantee that the characters everyone wants included make the cut. But i'll be sure to in the near future reveal some more exciting things

but for now i'll leave this here.

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Yo man, is it just as simple to change music and character skins like in PM. I am assuming but I would figure that I ask. My brawl friends and I love this game dood. I hope the next update happens in a few weeks. so we can play it one last time before several of us split, some of them are college seniors and im a freshman.

Keep up the good work dood

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Yea changing music and character skins is just like it is in PM. Also i'm glad a lot of people are enjoying this mod. I hope to have the newest version out as soon as possible though i'm still working on fixing some minor issues and approval on other aspects from some people. I'm hoping to get some video footage of the newest version for people to see what been altered.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Did you ever think of getting footage from running the mod on the Dolphin Emulator. That is what the Project M devs do because it upscales the game to 1080p and it makes everything in the trailers look slick and smooth and there are free video recording software and if you have the cash you can just buy it if you don't like the watermarks being there

And yea dood, we all REALLY love Brawl DX man, one of us who plays really loves Louie, its like his best character and god dang is he hard to deal with. Please don't nerf him but we did run into an issue when playing Louie vs Olimar, Louie causes the game to freeze and do a long annoying sound. I don't know what that means but its a rare thing.

Also don't think I don't know what your planning, in those images, I will find the characters you are teasing

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
Size wise the new FD is bigger than brawl's but smaller than melee's it's kind of inbetween. And don't worry there are more screens coming. I'm trying my best to include as much new things as possible that would feel they would fit in with smash. I'm hoping that when i release this version it can satisfy a lot of people. I'm also trying to make the character roster satisfying for everyone in someway, although i can't guarantee that the characters everyone wants included make the cut. But i'll be sure to in the near future reveal some more exciting things

but for now i'll leave this here.

NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING! MISSINGO FROM POKEMON lol xD! Brawl DX is so amazing and I try to play it as often as possible to support this mod. Also I try to spread this page around so this mod can get popular

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
the freezing issues that occur with louie i've encountered are in teams due to the an error in the way olimars clone template was made causes the pikmin to freeze when louie dies and because they only reset when he respawns if its teams and louie dies first and the match lasts long following that his pikmin will try to desync but can't and it crashes. i've managed to fix the issue through greatly increasing to time it takes for his pikmin to desync if left alone so hopefully it fixes the issue until PhantomWings releases a fixed olimar clone template.

Also i encourage people to figure out who these characters are i've included though it shouldn't take me too long to formally introduce them. Though i will say these charactersare the most "melee" like in terms of how they feel when playing as them so i'm trying to satisfy both types of players without specifically catering to one of the other.

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
With Roy and Mewtwo I say their moveset should work a little bit smoother and based on the picture that's posted up the most I can get out of it is it looks like there's 2 characters. Another ice climbers?

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Oh roy's moveset definitely has seen some improvements. >:3 His side B now actually does what the move would suggest he would be able to do though it functions differently than project M's i'll elaborate more soon as i'm sure many will have questions about it. As more mewtwo he is getting some small tweaks here and there to smoothen out his attacks in terms of damage and balancing but still making sure that his psychic throws remain a key aspect of his gameplay.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
That's good to hear and I think I might side main those characters because I play PM and Brawl competitively (or at least I want to, I will say so once I hit an actual tourney. Time prevents me) because the guy who mains Louie (his name is the same as mine) and he says I don't play fast characters and that is one of my biggest problems because for some reason I like playing defensive characters but playing them ultra offensive E.X being Samus and D3 so I look forward to them

But I won't try and spoil it but if Metalknight met his match, thank you because I wanted him but he way to obscure for my taste. Looking forward to this and I hope this gets some publicity like PM, but I do miss chain grabs. D3 is very much weaker because of it

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
Yea changing music and character skins is just like it is in PM. Also i'm glad a lot of people are enjoying this mod. I hope to have the newest version out as soon as possible though i'm still working on fixing some minor issues and approval on other aspects from some people. I'm hoping to get some video footage of the newest version for people to see what been altered.

Also how do I change the character skins? There are no options in the fighter files to change a specific color

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
D3 in the newer version is pretty strong thanks in part to Dthrow Ftilt Utilt combo's the tip of tilt pulls opponents inward and His Fsmash has meteor smash hitbox at the end when the hammer hits the floor. Overall he is a lot stronger now than he was previously but that goes for the whole cast. Samus's bombs now also have a small meteor smash/spike effect and her neutral B is stronger fully charged. Jigglypuff also has rest setups now thanks to a stronger Dair that bounces opponents off the ground so you can lung into them an rest. Snake's up B works similar to his PM version and his dash attack sets up easier for combo's and Nair instead of killing is a good juggle move with reduced landing lag so you can do things like nair to fast fall utilt. others like ness and lucas have also seen changes like PK freeze getting a buff in kill power and PK flash continues to move even after ness hits acting like a bomb of sorts that explodes when it hits the ground but it's weaker than what it was previously. Lucario's aura has a higher ceiling cap but takes a bit longer to reach his middle stage but he also starts off with some aura boost and his Up-b does damage now. Fox has damage based heavy armor during the charge only while falco's up-b has reduced startup time to compensate for the lack in it's travel distance. Zss has been given an overall buff compared to her previous version. Marth's jump out of third hit of dancing blade is a bit harder to do but still feels good to land and MK has been given a meteor smash on his Dair that's located in his body making you have to kind of slam into opponents if you really want to land it. There's even more changes that i've made but you'll find out more later in a more organized fashion as the characters section is getting an overhaul.

To add skins you would simply just add the texture files (they are usually either .pacs or .pcs files ) inside the pf/fighters/(insert characters name here) folder.

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
D3 in the newer version is pretty strong thanks in part to Dthrow Ftilt Utilt combo's the tip of tilt pulls opponents inward and His Fsmash has meteor smash hitbox at the end when the hammer hits the floor. Overall he is a lot stronger now than he was previously but that goes for the whole cast. Samus's bombs now also have a small meteor smash/spike effect and her neutral B is stronger fully charged. Jigglypuff also has rest setups now thanks to a stronger Dair that bounces opponents off the ground so you can lung into them an rest. Snake's up B works similar to his PM version and his dash attack sets up easier for combo's and Nair instead of killing is a good juggle move with reduced landing lag so you can do things like nair to fast fall utilt. others like ness and lucas have also seen changes like PK freeze getting a buff in kill power and PK flash continues to move even after ness hits acting like a bomb of sorts that explodes when it hits the ground but it's weaker than what it was previously. Lucario's aura has a higher ceiling cap but takes a bit longer to reach his middle stage but he also starts off with some aura boost and his Up-b does damage now. Fox has damage based heavy armor during the charge only while falco's up-b has reduced startup time to compensate for the lack in it's travel distance. Zss has been given an overall buff compared to her previous version. Marth's jump out of third hit of dancing blade is a bit harder to do but still feels good to land and MK has been given a meteor smash on his Dair that's located in his body making you have to kind of slam into opponents if you really want to land it. There's even more changes that i've made but you'll find out more later in a more organized fashion as the characters section is getting an overhaul.

To add skins you would simply just add the texture files (they are usually either .pacs or .pcs files ) inside the pf/fighters/(insert characters name here) folder.
That all sounds great and you named pretty much everyone we play lol, HOW DID YOU KNOW!! I see all the work you are doing and hopefully this will catch on man.

Also there is only one pac file in the fighters folder, in PM there are multiple ones that indicate the color, should I just put it in the folder? I wanna get a couple ones done and changed before I head over to play with them in like 30 mins

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
yea just copy them into the folder also if you want to change what costume they go over here is a complete list of what colors are what for each character (louie's numbers are the same as olimars as if lucario and mewtwo and roy and marth)

Eventually you'll be able to have more slots like in PM but for now theres only the same amount of costume slots as in vbrawl.

Captain Falcon
00-Original
01-Blood Hawk
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Pink

Dedede
00-Original
02-Green
03-White
04-Grayscale
05-Purple
06-Pink

Diddy kong
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Pink
05-Yellow
06-Purple

Donkey Kong
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Falco
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Yellow

Fox
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Ganondorf
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Grandpa Ganon
05-Brown

Ike
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Another Kind Of Green
05-Yellow

Kirby
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Yellow
05-White

Bowser
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Pimp Gold
06-Brown

Link
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Dark
05-White/Light Blue
06-Yellow

Lucario
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Light Blue
05-White

Lucas
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Claus
05-Pink/Purple

Luigi
00-Original
01-Red
02-UNUSED-Blue
03-Blue
04-Fire Luigi
05-Orange
06-Waluigi

Mario
00-Original
02-Green
03-Jumpman
04-Wario
05-Black
06-Fire Mario

Marth
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Meta-Knight
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Pink

Ness
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Bumble-Bee
05-Fuel
06-Mr.Saturn

Peach
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Daisy/Yellow

Pikachu
00-Original
01-Cap
02-Bandana
03-Googles

Olimar
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Dirty Helmet (Yellow and Black)

Pit
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Gold
05-Black

Pokemon Trainer
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Light

Ice Climbers
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Dark
05-Light

Jigglypuff
00-Normal
01-Flower
02-Sleep Hat
03-Japan Hat
04-Trainer Cap

ROB
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Pink/Purple
05-Yellow
06-NES

Samus
00-Original
01-Pink
02-Green
03-Fusion/Blue
04-Gravity Suit/Purple
05-Dark Suit/Black

Zelda
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Ocarina of Time colors

Snake
00-Original
01-Red/Black
02-Green
03-Blue
04-"IDK WTF this is" camo
05-Wild Feline camo

Sonic
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Gold
05-Black

Toon Link
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Purple
05-NES Link
06-Dark

Wario
00-Original (WarioWare)
01-Red (WarioWare)
02-Green (WarioWare)
03-Blue (WarioWare)
04-Black & Red (WarioWare)
05-Orange & Blue (WarioWare)
06-Original (Overall)
07-Red (Overall)
08-Green (Overall)
09-Blue (Overall)
10-WarioLand 2 color (Overall)
11-WarioLand 3 color (Overall)

Wolf
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Red & White

Yoshi
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Yellow
05-Pink
06-Light Blue

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
yea just copy them into the folder also if you want to change what costume they go over here is a complete list of what colors are what for each character (louie's numbers are the same as olimars as if lucario and mewtwo and roy and marth)

Eventually you'll be able to have more slots like in PM but for now theres only the same amount of costume slots as in vbrawl.

Captain Falcon
00-Original
01-Blood Hawk
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Pink

Dedede
00-Original
02-Green
03-White
04-Grayscale
05-Purple
06-Pink

Diddy kong
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Pink
05-Yellow
06-Purple

Donkey Kong
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Falco
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Yellow

Fox
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Ganondorf
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Grandpa Ganon
05-Brown

Ike
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Another Kind Of Green
05-Yellow

Kirby
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Yellow
05-White

Bowser
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Pimp Gold
06-Brown

Link
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Dark
05-White/Light Blue
06-Yellow

Lucario
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Light Blue
05-White

Lucas
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Claus
05-Pink/Purple

Luigi
00-Original
01-Red
02-UNUSED-Blue
03-Blue
04-Fire Luigi
05-Orange
06-Waluigi

Mario
00-Original
02-Green
03-Jumpman
04-Wario
05-Black
06-Fire Mario

Marth
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-White

Meta-Knight
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Pink

Ness
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Bumble-Bee
05-Fuel
06-Mr.Saturn

Peach
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Daisy/Yellow

Pikachu
00-Original
01-Cap
02-Bandana
03-Googles

Olimar
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-White
05-Dirty Helmet (Yellow and Black)

Pit
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Gold
05-Black

Pokemon Trainer
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Light

Ice Climbers
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Dark
05-Light

Jigglypuff
00-Normal
01-Flower
02-Sleep Hat
03-Japan Hat
04-Trainer Cap

ROB
00-Original
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Pink/Purple
05-Yellow
06-NES

Samus
00-Original
01-Pink
02-Green
03-Fusion/Blue
04-Gravity Suit/Purple
05-Dark Suit/Black

Zelda
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Ocarina of Time colors

Snake
00-Original
01-Red/Black
02-Green
03-Blue
04-"IDK WTF this is" camo
05-Wild Feline camo

Sonic
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Gold
05-Black

Toon Link
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Purple
05-NES Link
06-Dark

Wario
00-Original (WarioWare)
01-Red (WarioWare)
02-Green (WarioWare)
03-Blue (WarioWare)
04-Black & Red (WarioWare)
05-Orange & Blue (WarioWare)
06-Original (Overall)
07-Red (Overall)
08-Green (Overall)
09-Blue (Overall)
10-WarioLand 2 color (Overall)
11-WarioLand 3 color (Overall)

Wolf
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
03-Blue
04-Black
05-Red & White

Yoshi
00-Original
01-Red
03-Blue
04-Yellow
05-Pink
06-Light Blue
ok I see, I am testing a Dark Samus skin on Samus, im gonna try it in a sec again. Placing it in FitSamus01.pac didn't work so im putting it to 00

is it normal that there is only one pac in each folder? E.X Samus only has FitSamus.pac

edit: Yea it didn't work. I don't know, maybe I should screen cap what I see in the folders so that maybe that you can tell me if im in the wrong folders or idk

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Galataca Knight...?
Siick.
Hate to be "that guy", but I want to request another Earthbound character.
Spefically Paula, Masked Man, or Kumatora.
So... yeah. Just a suggestion.
Awesome work and can't wait for the next version! :)

D

Deleted member

Ha ha, looks like my guesses about the two new characters from that CSS picture are correct...

After seeing footage of this guy in his canon series, I'm actually quite curious how he will play.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well i have a friend who recently purchased a capture card so some direct footage of matches played using this characters and some of the cast will be uploaded hopefully by Sunday.

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
where is your youtube, I would love to see these matches and plus is this really who I think it is? His wings a different

D

Deleted member

It's
Dark Meta Knight. Quite timely I might add, considering his reappearance in Kirby's Triple Deluxe or whatever the new Kirby game is called.

Also, I think I saw
Dr. Mario
in the CSS Roster picture, despite the blur. Maybe I'm just immune to blurs.

D

Deleted member

Well rest assured the new characters play quite different for the most part than the other cast members.
I wasn't concerned about that at all, as Louie is quite different from Olimar despite them sharing some animations and stuff. Looking at boss battles against
Dark Meta Knight
has actually gotten me quite hyped about how he could play, and
Doc
was one of my mains in Melee, so I could care less if he was still a clone.

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well The new characters have some pretty nice moves that for those that have played their games and seen their moves will enjoy. Specifically the guy i teased earlier. His side B functions differently and looks visually like a specific lunging technique used in a certain boss fight

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Here's a picture of Louie's artwork for DX the background palette used is the one all new first time newcomers will use in DX.

Last edited:

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
No, I've seen the model on BrawlVault. Not sure about the recolors though.

D

Deleted member

BTW, have you fixed Louie having the wrong light color? I fixed it myself, but I've always found it a little annoying.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I have, the only issue that arises is because he and olimar share GFX whichever one loads first that ones antenna color light is loaded. Though when played vs the other characters it's blue for his default color. Although i'm curious to know if yours functions that way

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I tested it just now. My fix does not have GFX issues when Olimar is fighting Louie (They both have the proper light color) but if you have two Louies or two Olimars afterward, there are no lights. I also might add that the way I fixed it is by messing up Louie's palettes in the CSSSlotConfig file, so his white color now has a red light.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom